[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it still unplayable on PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (287 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
287 KB, 1920x1080
Is it still unplayable on PC?
>>
It's playable now. Just buy it and test.
>>
>buying the PC version of console games
>>
>>343328129
>Not wanting the objectively superior copy of a title
I bet you bought Madden on the PS2 also you turbofag. Enjoy having to rebuy all your favorite titles every generation, too? I can't wait for Arkham Knight: Deluxe Remaster Edition™!
>>
>>343327814
Just buy it and remember you can refund if you don't exceed 2 hours of play
>>
File: 1398896050176.jpg (22 KB, 440x218) Image search: [Google]
1398896050176.jpg
22 KB, 440x218
>>343328668

I realize this, but you know, it's a pain in the ass.
>>
I have a 970, it was playable on release
>>
>>343328359
>He still thinks the PC version is the superior copy
>PC version is outsourced to a company that is notorious for having hit or miss QA.
>>
The game is easily the worst of the series anyway. Arguably worse than Origins, which despite being rehash material, had good bosses and was well done. Batmantanx is just annoying with the shitty tank shoved down your throat every 5 minutes
>>
>>343327814
it's playable. my 290x couldnt even run it when it launched, now it's pretty smooth. story's very mediocre, gameplay wise the best.
>>
>>343329504
And it is still the superior version.
>>
>>343328359
>calls the version that doesn't work "superior".
Batman Arkham City was already a bad port for pc thats the reason why I bought it on release for ps4.
>>
>>343327814
kinda
vehicle parts still stutter to high fuck on my 960/860k combo but its admittedly a shitty combo
>>
>>343328359
in the vast, vast majority of cases pc port is superior however not in this game
>>
>>343329504

Better graphics and higher framerates

Only budget cards like the 750 ti fall slighty under the consoles. Which is funny considering it beats the ps4 on plenty other games like witcher 3
>>
>>343327814
played it with a gtx 970 on win 10.
The 'buggy mess' is probably a meme at this point
>>
>>343330394
I disagree. Pc gets sadly many bad ports.
>>
>>343330618
what ports besides this have been worse than console recently? even if it was unplayable with kbm, locked to 30fps and identical graphics it would still be similar to console experience, not worse
>>
>>343327814
I played it from start to finish in late January at 1080/60 maxed out. They fixed it and also corrected the rain effects.
>>
>>343330765
But than it would make no sense to buy a gaming pc.

Without WoW I wouldn't upgrade my pc.
>>
>>343331321
what are you talking about, you said pc is getting many bad ports now prove it
>>
>>343331438
I was replying to
>even if it was unplayable with kbm, locked to 30fps and identical graphics it would still be similar to console experience, not worse

I only can only tell you my personal experience from games pre "next gen" consoles because I haven't seen a reason to upgrade my pc until now.

But I have played yesterday "Bully" and that game is one of the worst pc ports that I have ever played.

But here are some games that I got from research:

Watch Dogs
Dark Souls 3
No FF-15 for pc
Fallout 4 (bad interface for pc)
>>
I like the batmobile content
>>
>>343329797
>Origins
>good bosses

bruh

They're like at least 50% "wail on the boss while a bunch of goons spawn". Copperhead, Bane, first Killer Croc fight, etc. all the same.

Only one in that game I can think of that felt genuinely unique was Deathstroke and that could have been a much better fight too.
>>
>>343332543
You forget that the EU PC port of Fallout 4 makes it impossible to play unmodded due to the fact that you can't rebind WASD as Europeans have different keyboards, making it hard to move
>>
>>343333020
Which countries have this problem? In Austria we also use WASD. The only problem I have sometimes is with Z and Y.
>>
>>343333261
France uses AZERTY I think. Don't think many other countries use alternative layouts, though northern countries have different keys on the right next to the enter key which doesn't really matter in games.
>>
File: 1452250566761.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1452250566761.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Is it still fappable?
>>
>>343333578
of coursh
>>
>>343327814

It never was unplayable. I played the entire game the week after launch, didn't have much issues and a total of 1 crash.

I will never understand what people do to their PCs that everything runs like ass.

I still used the refund GMG offered though because these games have 0 replay value.
>>
>>343330618
Most "bad ports" are only bad because they have no features PC users are accustomed to. They're bad because they behave like console titles.
>>
>>343333696

Day 1 was missing textures. I think that was the main issue. The other was people were trying to force textures that required too much vram which led to stuttering on their 750 tis
>>
Still waiting for GOTY for $4.99.
>>
>>343333427
Ah okay I didn't know but this shows how much work Bethesda has put into the pc version.

>>343333723
I'm not asking for special features for pc. I only want to play the games with keyboard and mouse without the feeling of having a dildo in my ass.
>>
>>343333005

Copperhead, Bane, Lady Shiva, Anarky, and Killer Croc at least challenged your fighting skills. There were about as good as a purely combat boss can be in this series.

TN1 Bane and Deadshot were cool stealth boss fights

Deathstroke was good but not hard enough.
>>
>>343332846
Same here anon, though honestly I wish they would go back to the more Metroid style of the original game.
That will never, ever happen.
>>
>origins is $5
>season pass is $20
oy vey
>>
>>343334294
What is even in that pass? A bunch of challenge mode shit and skins?
>>
>>343334358
http://store.steampowered.com/app/257070/
>Initiation DLC
>Cold, Cold Heart DLC
All the skins and maps and shit as well.
>>
>>343334220
Arkham knight was also Metroid style like the previous games. They have just put too much focus into the Batmobile. The driving was fun but the combat was awful and that the game had zero real bossfights The moment when deathstroke jumps from his tank and you think you will have an epic boss fight now .
>>
>>343329797
Its not arguably, it easily is the worst in the franchise. I own all 5 and I would genuinely rather play Blackgate again.
>>
>>343335143
I had a thought about playing Arkham Knight again with season pass but than I remembered how much the Batmobil section sucks.
>>
why does origins get so much hate? it had a good story, the joker reveal was at least half decent, and the Christmas setting is comfy as shit
>Alfred wants to keep dinner warm but there's a bigass bat in the cave creeping him out
>>
>>343335908
Comfy setting but story feels a bit rushed and overall it just has that rehash-y feeling, like the studio just copied City without any original ideas. It didn't do anything new and it didn't do the old things better. It somehow reminds me of Asscreed 3.
>>
I just finished AK yesterday, actually. I have a 7870XT and I was able to play the game without any hitches, it would occasionally stutter while loading new areas but other than that it worked fine. Your main problem is going to whether it crashes on your system or not. The game acts differently for different rigs.

I'm still mad about Deathstroke.
>>
>>343330140
>>343330406

Yeah, have to wait 2 months after it got pulled from Steam just to get a decent patch which only makes it playable when other games with higher graphically fidelity performs much better on the same specs,

WB lost a shit ton of money doing damage control against vitriolic clickbait articles and refunds, which why they didn't bother porting the most recent MK revision to PC because they didn't want to deal with entitled impatient people like you guys.
>>
>>343328037
Hardly, which is why they've discontinued any and all support for it. No new patches are being developed because it's fubar.
>>
Managed to play it from start to finish on my GTX 570 @720, everything set to low and it pulled a solid 30fps.
>>
>>343337748
>entitled impatient people like you guys.
Fuck you.
>>
>>343327814
Even if it did work properly, the game would still be mediocre.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.