[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ a while ago I got the entirety of the FEAR franchise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: FEAR.jpg (508 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
FEAR.jpg
508 KB, 1024x768
Hey /v/ a while ago I got the entirety of the FEAR franchise on steam and I'm curious to know if FEAR 2 and 3 are worth playing? The bit of 1 I played was a lot of fun so I'd like to know ahead of time if the sequels hold up.
>>
>>343318165
Haven't played the 3rd one but the 2nd was pretty rad. It wasn't the technical showcase that the first was but still a cool game.
>>
>>343318165
2 was fine, 3 is garbage
literally garbage pressed into digital form
>>
>>343318165
>I'm curious to know if FEAR 2 and 3 are worth playing?
No. They suck. More and more towards the end.

Play only F1 + its expansion packs.
>>
>>343318390
What was wrong with the third one? Could you narrow it down to a core list of issues?
>>
>>343318165
FEAR 1 is the only good game in the series. Instead of the shitty, consolized sequels, I do recommend playing the expansion packs.
>>
>>343318404

This.

2 isnt that bad, but I honestly prefer the storyline of the original game and expansions better.

Never played 3, but I've heard nothing but bad things.
>>
>>343318431
weapons felt like shit
ai was shit
story was shit
you play as Vettels ghost at some points
you kill the protag of FEAR 2 in 3 for no apparent reasn other then the shoehorned shitty story
THE FUCKING PENETRATOR IS A PIECE OF GARBAGE
>>
File: FEAR 3 in nutshell.jpg (184 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
FEAR 3 in nutshell.jpg
184 KB, 1440x900
>>343318431
>What was wrong with the third one?
It's literally like a CoD game, with some oogabooga spookies. That is, it's linear as fuck, has regenerating health + cover mechanism, LEVEL UP system(s), and a tacked on co-op, which lets you play as a ghost.
>>
>>343318582
>>343318669
Oh that sucks, why make a such a large departure from what made the first game so good?
>>
Play expansion packs, ignore sequels.
Anything else is wrong.
>>
What woud you say are the best things about FEAR 1 and what the biggest cons are?
>>
>>343318745

Seriously?

It's a textbook example of corporate greed. The games sold well and were well received for what they were, but everyone always wants to make more money, so the games get retooled to appeal to a wider audience.

This almost always backfires with the changes alienating loyal fans, while failing to attract mainstream customers, leading to the death of the series.

Just like what happened to dead space.
>>
>>343318745
Same reason people werent able to make a Adventures of Sir Kicksalot 2 - The Kicker Returns or copy its smithing system.

no one knows
>>
File: FEAR 2005 vs BS infinite 2013.gif (3 MB, 750x280) Image search: [Google]
FEAR 2005 vs BS infinite 2013.gif
3 MB, 750x280
>>343318745
>Oh that sucks, why make a such a large departure from what made the first game so good?
6th gen consoles became a thing soon after FEAR 1 came out, and just about all big publishers wanted to start making easy, dumbed down console-multiplat crap. Almost all major IPs got hit by this in the late 00s, FEAR being one of the victims.

It got worse and worse each year, with some PC spec-pusher marvels like Crysis becoming considered "not profitable enough" to bother with. Thus even C2 and 3 became consolized, and released on consoles.
>>
>>343318745
2 was good and worth playing. Great story and gameplay.

First game was basically a tech experiment for a few new (at the time) design techniques and they wanted to make it a horror type game. It did really well but for whatever reason, they abandoned most of the technical quirks and just focused on the story and gameplay in 2. Didn't play 3 because it looked like a half-assed bid to just milk the series without bringing anything innovative to the table.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.