[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Pokemon Colosseum and it's sequel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Pokemon_Colosseum_poster.jpg (30 KB, 447x322) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Colosseum_poster.jpg
30 KB, 447x322
What does /v/ think of Pokemon Colosseum and it's sequel?
>>
XD
>>
v is too childish to talk about these 2 games. Give it up famas.
>>
Having a limited pool of Pokes that you could use sucked a bit but the music was really good.

I wish they'd make a game which makes full use of the Wii U's graphical capabilities but is just the classic game where you go from gym to gym and catch em all.

The series seems forever relegated to mobile consoles though. Even though it's moved to 3D graphics now X/Y was rough around the edges, it plays at the 3DS's low resolution and had framerate issues even when the 3D mode was turned off.
>>
>>343305980
Which sucks because I really enjoyed them

>>343306043
I actually liked the limited Pokemon pool, to an extent. I had a tough time making a team in XD not because of the limited pool, but because there were too many Pokemon I like in it.

Haven't played Colosseum in a while, I'll have to play through that again soon
>>
>>343306392
>Arbitrary restrictions on your team
>"It's a feature! Not a flaw"

I don't see how you can possibly consider it a good thing.
>>
>XD
>>
>>343305728
I remember liking them but I don't think I can give an unbiased opinion. When I first played colosseum I was so amazed I could play pokemon in 3d that I would have liked it even if it was a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>343306585
Looking back on the Stadium games I remember being really impressed simply by the different arenas for the different gyms.
If they could do that kind of game again now but with modern graphics it would be really cool.
Things have improved a lot in 15 years.
>>
I like Pokémon XD
>>
I liked that they weren't the same old story of "go get the 8 badges and fight the pokemon league". Also the fact that colosseum was all double battles was pretty interesting.
The limited pool of pokemon sucked, but I still mostly enjoyed it more than the main series.
>>
File: 079.gif (241 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
079.gif
241 KB, 300x199
Honestly, eXtra Dimension is my favorite Pokemon game. The music and atmosphere were amazing, and I enjoyed the story, even if the twists were kind of obvious. Miror B to this day feels like the only character that Pokemon devs had fun making, and his battle theme is the shit.

I never beat Colosseum, but I'm working on it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.