[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game so shit compared to Civ 5?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: literallypoo.jpg (396 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
literallypoo.jpg
396 KB, 460x215
Why is this game so shit compared to Civ 5?
>>
File: logo-main.png (123 KB, 670x185) Image search: [Google]
logo-main.png
123 KB, 670x185
Why is this game so shit compared to Civ 4?
>>
File: Civ4_logo.png (148 KB, 840x240) Image search: [Google]
Civ4_logo.png
148 KB, 840x240
Why is this the best Civilization game?
>>
>>343302706
It's basically an incomplete Civ 5 mod with a lot less content, that's why.

>not much variety among the different types of sponsors, and all come off as being quite bland imo
>buggy release
>copy & pasted civ 5's shit ai
>several of the new and "innovative" features ended up retarding gameplay (affinity-specific resources, miasma, etc.)
>>
>want to become pure affinity
>events make the harmony affinity take over

why
>>
bought it from the sale. i wonder if it's worth 20 €, haven't played it yet
>>
>>343304313
Depends if you enjoy the experience or not.
>>
>>343304313
With the expansion pack it's alright. It feels like a conversion mod for civ 5.
>>
>>343304668
this, the expansion makes it ok. but really it's crap compared to 4 and 5
>>
>>343302706
The problem is that Alpha Centauri does everything this game is trying to do 100x better, but the graphics aren't as good. All the leaders have distinct personalities, you get really cool information and cutscenes for each project, the alien life is mysterious and dangerous instead of 100% defensive.
>>
>>343304872
the aliens where probably the biggest let down, apart from that big rock snake thing that fucks everyones shit up the rest of them just stand around and block until you attack one then it's open season on you, I remember one game I got spawned in a tiny costal inlet right by a alien nest and they just blocked me in, had to kill some to try and get out and they just crushed me
>>
On the plus side, you get to the war business quicker than in other Civ games
>>
>>343303007
>Civ 5 BNW better than civ 4
Nope
>>
File: 1466521501981.png (289 KB, 588x559) Image search: [Google]
1466521501981.png
289 KB, 588x559
>>343308098
Reading is hard huh
>>
>>343302706
Modern units in civ5 are boring shit
At least rising tide has a lot of unique units
Civ in general is kind of meh
Why do they always stop at the future anyway?
>>
>>343308176
Apparently I'm just retarded
>>
SMAC + AC > Civ V with expansions + DLC > Civ IV + EXP > Civ V without expansions + DLC > Civ II + ExP/Test of Time > Civ III + Expansions > Beyond Earth > Civ

Haven't bothered wit Freeciv, Call to Power I or II, Civilization Revolution or the mobile games.
>>
The tech tree turned full potato in BE.
>>
File: Alpha_Centauri_cover.jpg (25 KB, 256x324) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_Centauri_cover.jpg
25 KB, 256x324
>>343302706
Because its Civ 5 without any expansions, which was garbage.
>>343303007
Because all the balance changes were aimed at making the game more accessible which was hardly needed.
>>343303098
Wrong, Pic related.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.