[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are they so good at convincing plebs that they're big
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
How are they so good at convincing plebs that they're big fans of games they never gave a fuckin shit about? How do they keep getting away with it? First they make Fallout into a bastardized Elder Scrolls, then they make Doom into a cheap Serious Sam knock off, now they're turning Quake into Overwatch.

Will it ever end?
>>
>>343273709
>its a VEE is hipster episode
>>
>>343274121
Tell me how any of these revivals of games they've done have anything at all to do with their originals. Doom literally just reskinned Serious Sam gameplay and added a "SPECIAL BADASS CINEMATIC KILL" button.
>>
>>343273709
Easy, we need an Orlando in Bethesda.
>>
>>343274121
How the fuck is this "hipster" when shitting on bethesda's games is like the most common thing on all of /v/?
>actually posts an example of the monstrosity that is bethesda's attempts to be funny
>>
File: Bait.jpg (43 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
43 KB, 699x637
>>343273709
BGS
>they make Doom ....
>they're turning Quake into ....
>>
>>343275405
>How is the topic hipster when posting on an outcasts image board with an opinion that does not conform to the majority opinion

I don't know sport, you tell me.
>>
They did pretty good with Doom I'd say.
>>
>>343273709
This shit bait isnt even trying
>>
>>343275804
Fuck you.
>Gameplay primarily consist of "take 5 steps down a hallway, DOOR LOCKED, TIME TO FIGHT WAVES OF ENEMIES! RINSE AND REPEAT!"
>Weapons need to be upgraded and rely on their secondary fires (REEEEEEEEE) to not be complete pea shooters.
>All new enemies are basically just strog from Quake
>All old enemies look horribly out of place and are scarcely used
>Random platforming ruining the pacing for no reason
>Cares more about referencing doom memes than actually living up to the original dooms gameplay or level design
>>
>>343276121

I cannot physically express how clearly underage you are.
>>
>>343276260
Jee, what a great retort. You sure showed me.
>>
>>343276121
I had fun with it. Wouldn't have paid full price though.
>>
>>343276121
As opposed to the original doom where you walk down hallways and kill waves of enemies?

You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>343276405

Alright. How does 750000 sales on PC alone sound to invalidate your opinion? What you think or what you like or what critique you had matters so infinitely little now that you might as well not even bother sharing it.
>>
>>343273709
>they make Fallout into a bastardized Elder Scrolls
>implying that's a bad thing

I want the NMA Youth to fuck off.
>>
>>343276551
>Sales indicate quality
I suppose you think Skyrim is the best game of all time forever and always?
>>343276491
>waves of enemies
Enemies were strategically placed and individually threatening. Rarely did the original games just wildly spawn them in with no care for where or what and just throw overwhelming numbers to compensate for the lack of ability to design anything that's actually fun to fight.
>>
>>343273709
not every game has to pander to you, there is literally nothing wrong with making casual trash, you dont turn on a cartoon channel for kids and then complain about "kiddie shit" do you?
>>
>>343276121
>someone expresses a mild opinion
>"fuck you"
>>
>>343276551

what the fuck do sales have to do with quality?
>>
>>343276491

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. original dooms didn't limit combat to individual arenas
>>
I bought the season pass for fallout

Imagine my fury when after an hour on my shitty internet downloading automatron and installing it , me being excited for new content on the game suddenly can't complete the first fucking quest in the dlc
turns out it was a common bug, easily fixable in a pc but impossible on a ps4

it's been MONTHS since it released and they STILL HAVEN'T PATCHED THAT SHIT
>>
>>343277245

what'd wrong with criticizing bad games? not every thread needs to be a circlejerk
>>
>>343273709
They got the right formula with Morrowind and essentially kept doing the same thing ever since. They'll keep getting away with it because they have no real competition, even with all the open world craze.
>>
File: Twilightbook.jpg (24 KB, 331x500) Image search: [Google]
Twilightbook.jpg
24 KB, 331x500
>>343276551
Anon you dropped your favorite (and impressively selling I might add!) book during your shitpost
>>
>>343273709
They are the marketing masters. Like literally the best in the entire business. They are able to convince masses that shit tastes great.
>>
>>343277863
(gook)MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
>>
>>343277863
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.