[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finished and loved DS1, DS3, Bloodborne and demon souls >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 17
File: images(15).jpg (18 KB, 531x277) Image search: [Google]
images(15).jpg
18 KB, 531x277
>finished and loved DS1, DS3, Bloodborne and demon souls
> managed to kill O&S and Gerhman on first try
>get DS2
>play it for 30 minutes and literally never touch it again

Seriously, what went wrong?
>>
I refuse to believe you liked DS1, DS3, and BB within the first 30 minutes
>>
what did you do in 30 minutes that put you off
>>
>>343238734
I did. I wanted to move forward in the game and progress through the story after the first 30 minutes for those games
>>
>>343238747
He got to Majula,and realized that was the pinnacle.

Gaming would never be more graceful, dignified or blissful than that. Time to pack up the ol controller and call it quits with gaming.
>>
>>343238747
I just got to the second bonfire past the forest and that was it lol
>>
File: rest at bonfire.jpg (63 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
rest at bonfire.jpg
63 KB, 640x478
>walk
>roll slower
>swing slower
>recover slower
>heal slower
>parry slower
>hp depleting
> cheap gangrapes awaiting you at every corners
>hitboxes from hell
>softs """""""""improved"""""""""" enemy placement
>have to be a beta orbiter in order to level up
>random npc invasion because why the fuck not make things worse when you're outnumbered by stunlocking enemies while archers snipe you
>soul memory because fuck you amirite
>STATUES FUCKING EVERYWHERE THAT CAN ONLY BE DECURSED BY A SUPER RARE ITEM

if you like this you have a legit shit taste
>>
>>343238572

Pretty sure you just burned yourself from playing the same damn games.
>>
>>343238572
Apparently, you turned into a faggot while playing it. Too bad.
>>
>Darksouls is out
>friend who played demon souls raving about it
>eventually give in and buy it myself
>"oh i have to play with a controller because the ports shit? I guess thats fine"
>"wtf do all these stats mean?"
>Get stuck on Taurus demon, but through trial and error, i realise how important it is to land that first drop attack
>oh wow i'm learning!
>get stuck on gargoyles, but realise the importance of summoning solaire, and summoning in general
>this game is actually pretty good at teaching the player after all
>Capra demon and his nigger dogs in their nigger zone
>don't touch the game for two years
>>
>>343239956
>fragrant branches of yore
>super rare
>>
>>343238572
>Seriously, what went wrong?
iktf

I gave DS2 3 tries, each time I dropped it after 10 hours or less.

DS3 hooked me basically instantly, it's that much better for all its flaws
>>
File: 1413957432132.jpg (90 KB, 1179x883) Image search: [Google]
1413957432132.jpg
90 KB, 1179x883
>>343239956
I understand having problems with the game, but having this much frustration towards anything but ME3 baffles me.
Maybe I'm biased, something about the corniness and the weird sound effects along with the odd gameplay resonated very well with me. (DaS1, 3, and BB are much better though)
>>
>>343238572
DS2 had some neat ideas, but it suffered from a total lack of direction

The areas are tiny and disconnected
The bossfights are dull and fail to distinguish themselves
The characters are shallow, and hardly any of them have a storyline that you can affect

It's not a terrible game, but there's a substantial quality gap between DS2 and the rest of the series.
>>
>>343238572
I disliked Bloodborne and no surprise I don't like DS3 either since it's basically just Bloodborne reskinned and downgraded mechanically.
>>
File: phiul.gif (339 KB, 153x249) Image search: [Google]
phiul.gif
339 KB, 153x249
>>343239956
>cheap

Is it possible to call a game "cheap" without coming off as a total fag?
>>
>>343241819
That said, the 3 dlc areas were fantastic

Almost worth buying SotFS, just for them.
>>
>>343242001
This one genuinely is though, because Dark Souls puts a lot of clear indicators around when something huge and horrible is about to happen. Then Dark Souls 2 just has a giant bird drop a floating fat knight with a you-sized sword on top of you.
>>
>>343239956

at least you can fucking play the game with M&K right off the bat unlike DS.

In fact DSII almost did a 180 in regards to the controller input because the right joystick isn't even mapped to the camera and the bindings are all over the place with no similarity to the first game.

DSII is definitely more frustrating than it is difficult.
>>
>>343241769
To put it bluntly, everything about 2 is bad. It looks bad. It plays awful. It sounds bad. It even has a huge deadzone on analog sticks. The content ranges from mediocre to terrible. I would have tolerated everything if they didn't fuck up the mechanics big time, but they did. I forced myself to finish NG, dropped it halfway through NG+ on release and never touched it again. I used pretend money from GMG to preorder it and I still felt the worse buyer's remorse I've had. In retrospect, this game should have had the reception ME3 did.
>>
>>343242380
Which is different from other bosses that wait behind random fog doors?

Hell, with pursuer you could just roll off the platform and he'd leave you alone. With regular bosses you're locked in unless you can manage to use a homeward bone with the boss baring down on you.

You're not disproving that everybody who call a game "cheap" is a dumb faggot.
>>
>>343239956

Sounds like this game is too hard for you, maybe you should stick with your infinite bar, and consequentially, infinite rolls you get with DS3. Souls games aren't about how good you are at a game, if they wanted to turn it into a skill-based game, they would give you infinite stamina, because then all it comes down to is twitch reflex and timing. DS2 has a more deliberate and methodical approach to combat. You have to wait for a boss to exhaust itself before chugging Estus, you have to single out enemies when they come at you in packs, and sometimes backtrack half way through the level before you get enough clearance to heal. I will admit, some of these encounters feel hard to not cheese, and some could have been done better though. Then again, you're looking at DS2 from the wrong perspective, it plays nothing like DS1 in terms of the player's ability to outskill encounters. It's more of a pen and paper simulator than people give it credit for. Why do you think DS3 doesn't have poise? It's not because they forgot, it's because it makes the game more of an action game, than a high fantasy PnP simulator.
>>
I learned to appreciate DS2 much more after playing and beating 3.

3 doesn't really feel like a true souls game and if it dose it feels generic and rushed. DS3 failed to immerse me and really pull me into the desolation atmosphere because everything was a push over. The combat mechanics especiall wasn't texbook dark souls and it wasn't Bloodborne either, I hated it, the fast roll/shield hybrid, it makes the game too easy and it stops feeling like souls. Dark Souls 3 was more of an action game that it should have been. Slow methodical defence based souls regardless of how bad 2 was, was mile better than dark souls 3.

Dark souls 2 > Dark souls 3

The only thing 3 dose better is level design but even then the game is too easy and too short.
>>
>>343241231
>>don't touch the game for two years

If capra was enough to cement you back into casualisim you deserve it
>>
>>343239956
>statues

Only SotFS had them everywhere and they were liberal as hell giving out branches

>beat dragonrider
>get branch from Noman's Wharf
>can now go five different directions from Majula
>>
File: Mimic.png (219 KB, 476x666) Image search: [Google]
Mimic.png
219 KB, 476x666
>>343242849
>>343241819
This sums it up pretty well, the game had some cool things going for it, but seriously lacked what makes other FROM games so great. If Dark souls 2 had been the only game in the series, it would have just been a "pretty good game". Unfortunately it came out after Dark Souls and before Bloodborne, which, in comparison, makes it shit. Fortunately I judged the game by itself, so I really appreciated it.
>>
I like the Souls series but From needs to stop with this "Dragon on a bridge shit". They do it fucking twice in 3
>>
>>343243523
I'd say 3 beats 2 pretty handily in terms of bossfights

I loved that From took a page from BB and gave every fight multiple stages. It made each boss feel unique, even the throwaway fights like Deacons of the Deep felt like a more clever take on Rat Vanguard
>>
>>343243523
It's funny because I feel the exact opposite.
Dark Souls 3 is tons of fun and actually felt like a sequel to DS, whereas DS2 felt like a shitty fan-game. The whole game was really slow and it just made fights tedious as fuck, especially bosses. Fighting groups of enemies with DS2 combat was horrible. You say it's methodical but it really isn't; it's just boring. MonHun is slow, methodical combat. DS2 is circle strafe enemies and bait them into attacking and then poking them once or twice, rinse and repeat. Not to mention the terrible level design, the lack of variety in enemies and bosses, the dumb NPC sidequests, the worse graphics and atmosphere than even DeS, etc.
>>
>>343243930
do you prefer laser spiders on a bridge?
>>
>Beat DeS, DaS1, and DaS2
>Played and loved Bloodborne
>When DaS3 was nearing release I decided to play DaS2 again
>It's so fucking slow holy shit
>>
>>343244092
That slowness ruined the entire game for me. Even the supposedly great DLC; yeah the level design was way better sunken crown still had pretty boring level design though but it's still god-awful DS2 combat and it still makes it a fucking slog. It just feels like you can't be offensive at all without being punished for it so every fight is a huge waiting game.
>>
>>343238572
You bought into the DaSII is bad meme and subconsciously went with it, rather than keeping your expectations open.
>>
>>343244002
>DS2 is circle strafe enemies and bait them into attacking and then poking them once or twice, rinse and repeat.

That's exactly how you play Dark souls 1 although sometimes an opportunity allows you to unload a flurry of attacks as well. To me I would have personally rathered they stuck to slow methodical combat of souls and if they wanted to focus on fast paced action combat shoul've done without the shields because it makes things too easy in my opinion
>>
>>343244027
Never seen that before? Is that in Bloodborne? It sounds like something that could be from Bloodborne
>>
>>343241231
Capra isn't even that hard and if you started with Master Key you can just skip it. Just get a zweihander and upgrade it to +10, it oneshots the dogs and kills Capra in like 4 hits
>>
>played ds1
>loved it
>played ds2
>not as good but still enjoyed it
>play bb + ds3
>love em
>try demon souls
>i have to force myself to beat it
i just did not like des
>>
>>343244414
I played BB and I recall no laser spiders but there where in fact laser celestial beings that would shoot lasers at you from their mouths and fuck your shit up quickly
>>
>>343243651
Capra is just a shittily designed encounter full stop. Everyone's first kill was just dumb luck that you managed to kill the dogs before you got stun locked.
>>
>>343244391
The difference is in literally every other Souls game you can make the first move and you won't get punished for it, even in groups. You can also sneak attacks in during attack chains and get greedy because attacks animations are faster and you can cancel cooldown animations with rolls and shielding.
In DS2 you just have to wait until they attack first and exhaust their combo, and even then you can only get one or two hits in; you'd be lucky to get one in in group fights. It feels like they tried to make the game harder by making it slower but all they did was make it way shittier to play. Not because it's slow combat, it's just badly designed slow combat.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 256x369
>>343243651
I set mine down for about a year after I hit the wall that was Orenstien and Smough busted PS3 made multiplayer impossible and I was out of humanity (refused to drop from the rats). Finally picked it up again, trudged on through to the Catacombs, killed Patches for humanity, finally started dropped, and went from there
>>
>>343245591
Respect.
>>
>>343238572
DUDE JUST PUT ENEMIES EVERYWHERE LMAO
>>
File: 1451796678188.jpg (1 MB, 1256x5080) Image search: [Google]
1451796678188.jpg
1 MB, 1256x5080
>>343242001
>>
>>343246596
EVEN IN BOSS FIGHTS

Man, fuck this game
>>
>>343246715
>I wonder if I"ll need this skill for the upcoming boss
There's so much wrong with that picture but, really? Are they actually fucking defending the Ruin Sentinels?
DaS2 apologists are some of the most deluded people I've seen
>>
>>343247095
>There's so much wrong with that picture
like what?

The royal guards only bumrush you if you run in.
>>
>>343246715
>DaS2fags take an existing concept and completely miss the point
Like pottery.
>>
>>343247231
You don't beat that shit by luring them into the chokepoint. They can still hit you from there if there are two of them because one sword will clip through the other. You have to drag them out into the big square place so you actually have fighting space; or you can do a lap where you climb back onto the bridge and then hop down and keep doing that to drag one into the square platform at a time.
It's a stupid combat encounter even if you do manage to dismantle it anyway. They're just like HEY LET'S PUT 6 ROYAL GUARDS IN ONE BUILDING AND THEY ALL AGGRO AT THE SAME TIME IF YOU STEP INSIDE. It's stupid, lazy design. In DS and DeS, even if you fell for ambushes it was usually very possible to fight your way out. This one is a fucking pain in the ass, not at all helped by DS2's shitty combat
>>
>>343238572
DS2 is not really made for casuals, adaptability mechanic(would have been a good mechanic if it capped lower) and better enemy tracking means you actually have to time your dodges now(no more dodge spamming like in bloodborne or ds3) you can no longer easily backstab everything like in ds1 or stunlock everything like in ds3. DS2 is a lot more complex(massive weapon/spell/build variety) and better balanced then the other ds games.

It plays a little slower but its a lot more strategical and there are way more tricks and strats you can use in pvp. Pve its worst than DS1 and DS3 but the DS2 DLC is superior due to it being much more challenging and adds lots of unique weapons and armor to enhance your playstyle. PVP its not even a contest, the depth, build variety and balance of DS2 is better than DS1 and DS3 combined. The only Stain is soul memory, which is a huge fucking blunder.
>>
File: 1430956929225.jpg (247 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1430956929225.jpg
247 KB, 1366x768
Is hating DaS II the biggest meme invented by this place place?

It had its fair share of isses, like all soulsborne games, but that didnt make it so much worse than them. I played it a lot even before the DLC and enjoyed my 200 hours immensely.

For me, its DaS 3 > DaS 2 > BB > DaS > DeS
>>
>>343247806
>This is what DS2 apologists actually believe.
Holy fuck, the delusions. DS2? Complex? Strategic? That's a fucking joke. I didn't know having the choice between circle strafing enemies and dodging their attacks last minute or cheesing everything with range was considered strategic combat. And the DS2 DLC is not better than DS1 or 3 because it still has the terrible core DS2 mechanics attached to it, and even then the level design still isn't better than the peaks of the other two.
And who cares about "balance" [spoilers]it's not, magic trumps everything[/spoiler]" when the game just isn't fun to play in the first place. I fucking hate how DaS2 fags always bring up the PVP. The PVP is just a secondary addition to the core game, and it's not even that good in any of them.
>>
>>343247806
>better enemy tracking means you actually have to time your dodges now
Would have been the case if they hadn't coupled it with long startup frames on rolling and whatever the fuck happened to hitbox calculation. What it meant effectively is that you were better off not rolling at all until you memorized the patterns. Just another way to reward passiveness and punish aggressiveness.
>you can no longer easily backstab everything like in ds1
You can though.
>or stunlock everything
Right. You can't stunlock anything at all, punishing heavy weapons even further.
>>
DS2 had very poor level design, to say the least. They put the focus of the game on difficulty above all else, putting certain enemies in places they had no business being in for the sole purpose of giving the player hell. I could go on about everything wrong in DS2 for a good hour, but the level design was what angered me the most.
>>
>>343248178
>anime image
>unironic use of meme
Thanks for letting me know your opinion is worthless senpai
>>
>>343243952
DS3 boss fights...while better designed, the bosses have very low hp and are way to fucking easy, they can also be staggered and stunlocked easily if you have summons. LOL boss fights with multiple stages, yeah it was fun for the 10 seconds that it lasted.
>>
>>343248178
>Is hating DaS II the biggest meme invented by this place place?
Disregarding crippling mechanical issues is. Granted most of you don't even realize it because you fell for the entry-point hardcore meme, so how should you know what startup or recovery even are.
>>
>>343248561
>the bosses are too easy if you have summons

um...yeah?
>>
>>343248608
I'm not an autist obsessed with the meta. If I want a challenge fighting others, I'll play fighting games.

Souls games are singleplayer games with a cherry on top multiplayer that people take far too seriously. They also arent hard past your first one, since its largely the same mechanics and expectations each game.
>>
>>343248561
>they can also be staggered and stunlocked easily if you have summons
Wow it's like summons trivialize bosses in every Souls game. Weird how that works.
Besides DS2 boss fights are just abysmal. They're awful. Either they're bland and forgettable or ripping off DS1, or they're a big guy in armor with an equally big weapon. And they all have similar fighting styles: a 3 hit horizontal combo, an overhead vertical slash, a thrust attack to move in, maybe a powered up second form with an AoE, maybe a jump attack, etc. It made me really disappointed when all 3 bosses of the Old Iron King DLC followed this formula.
>>
>>343248856
He wasn't talking about the meta.
In DS2, animations are really slow. Everything has a lot of startup and a ton of uncancellable recovery on it. It makes the combat just flat out bad. And enemies have a ton of poise too so it makes fights these really long, drawn-out tedious defensive battles since you can only safely get 1 or 2 attacks in after an enemy attacks, depending on what weapon you're using.
>>
>>343247231
False. They all come come at you as soon as you walk in.
>>
>>343249257
git gud
>>
>>343238572
>Seriously, what went wrong?

just your taste in video games
>>
>>343249268
and you can open the door, see that there's an enemy in the middle of the room and decide to approach the situation with cation, all before the guards swarm you

I don't see what's you're disagreeing with, here.
>>
>>343249434
>Implying I haven't already beaten this shitty fucking game multiple times because I really wanted it to be good and tried so hard to ignore the overwhelming disappointment and like it
It sucks. Plain and simple. There are so many problems with it but the combat is really the worst of them all.
>>
>>343249268
They aggro in three waves once the gate in the hall before the sentinels is open. The first wave is the largest however.
>>
>>343241231
>importance of summoning

No anon the importance of summoning is to never summon, it's literally ez mode
>>
>>343238747
he got Fkd in the ass by ds2. Casul probably thinks hes good cause he beated the other souls games which are pretty easy once you get the souls formula down.
>>
File: 1465802426823.png (269 KB, 472x515) Image search: [Google]
1465802426823.png
269 KB, 472x515
>>343243681
>statue added in SoTFS blocks tutorial area
>person who was starting the game for the first time would miss out on info for game mechanics because devs wanted more statues for whatever fucking reason
>>
>been playing through the series
>all pure str, used greataxe for DeS and DaS1, greatsword for DaS2
>can't reliably use greatsword in DaS3 because everything is so fucking fast
>stuck with straight sword
>>
>>343249990
I know this is some low quality bait but DS2 is even easier than the others once you get the hang of its garbage slow combat so I don't understand why DS2 apologists always bring up difficulty as their defense.
>>
File: kek.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>343249990
>This guy actually thinks the DS2 combat complaints are about how hard it is to beat

No dude, its because it plays like fucking Shadow Tower
>>
>>343248856
See, you don't even know what I'm talking about. You think startup and recovery only have to do with online. You also think 2 is similar to the other games, when that couldn't be further away from the truth. While the other games gave you the tools to play aggressive and learn while fighting, 2 rewards passiveness and dull memorization. You are encouraged to play defensive, learn patterns from a safe distance and run back and forth since your roll has considerable startup frames, your weight dictates the roll distance, raising anything but a small shield has too many startup frames for reaction blocking and that obnoxious tracking implemented late into development just to compensate the poor movesets makes visual feedback on weapon swings worthless, especially heavier ones. Being aggressive doesn't work as weapons have about twice the startup and recovery frames compared to DeS and DaS, missing an attack locks you into a whiff animation with plenty of recovery frames and enemies have nearly infinite hyper armor, even unarmored human-sized ones.
>>
The fact that it's the only game with a different engine, that you didn't play the games in order and that it was scrapped half way through development and redone. I don't like Ds2 either but you're a retard OP.
>>
>>343250506
They bought the "masochist difficulty" advertising without understanding it and think the game making you play slow and passively=hard.
>>
>>343250679
But accusing the other person of sucking at the game is the only counter argument DS2 fags have.
That and PvP. But honestly who gives a shit about Souls PvP? I don't think the combat mechanics make for very exciting PvP, it's clearly just something they added on top of the main game. People like talking about builds for PvP so much but every single build plays in one of two ways: you dodge roll and block a lot and then try to hit the opponent (who will dodge roll and block a lot) or you dodge roll a lot and sling a bunch of spells.
>>343251021
Whereas in reality making you play slow and passive actually just makes the game shit.
>>
>>343250067
That statue is literally blocking two of the tutorial stones and one of them just says to observe your surroundings. And obviously given the enemies they put back there now you're not gonna want to go there until you've at least gotten a branch and a few levels.
>>
>>343250831
Oh yeah, speaking of attack startups, I just remembered how some enemies would often have active hitboxes before the attack even came out.
>>
>>343241994
how could you dislike bloodborne anon
>>
>>343250831
This.
Being good at a souls game means pushing the limits as hard as you can without eating shit. Being good at DS2 means you're good at waiting at red lights until they turn green. What skill.
>>
>>343238734
Why are you struggling with that? They got fucking good openings, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>343251409
Seriously, all it took for DS1 to hook me was the feel of controlling the character for the first time.
>>
File: 1463955293255.png (337 KB, 410x351) Image search: [Google]
1463955293255.png
337 KB, 410x351
>mfw I had fun with DaS2 and am lurking in thread

I don't really have a reason as to why I enjoyed it. I liked that not all healing was instant which meant I had to pace my fights with bosses and not just chug and swing. The world in general was pretty cool - especially reading about the windmill place and all the weird shit going down there. Learning about the giants and about the king himself was pretty near as well. I was okay with leveling at the girl since that's what you did in DeS anyway. The warping made getting from place to place much easier. I'm aware there is novelty in having to trek all over the place but, most times, I'd rather just warp if I can unless I feel like farming.

There is really no cohesiveness to why I liked DaS2 but, I definitely had a lot of fun. I just bought DaS3 and you guys said it was easy as shit. I died thrice to Iudex Gundyr before beating him so I can't say it is easy yet. First time in any Souls game for me that the first boss wasn't the most simple fight ever (Haven't played BB but very much want to).

Also Rat covenant 4 lyfe - that shit is hilarious.
>>
DaS > DaS2 > Bloodborne >>>> DaS3
>>
>>343253726
DaS = Bloodborne > Das3 > DeS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DaS2
>>
File: 565478877.png (139 KB, 377x689) Image search: [Google]
565478877.png
139 KB, 377x689
>>343251395
Not him but the early souls games had more to their combat than just dodge at the perfect right time and attack.
In Bloodborne and for a large part of Dark Souls 3 shields are non-existent to heavily nerfed and your character's placement isn't nearly as important as the old games due to most of the enemies having a jump right to your character from anywhere attack.
I personally still like Bloodborne but I can see why someone might not like the game
>>
File: 1351830812214.jpg (132 KB, 710x386) Image search: [Google]
1351830812214.jpg
132 KB, 710x386
DS2 is actually the worst game and not a good game in general. the only people who like DS2 the best literally have never played a souls game, the combat is somehow more slow and clunky, the hitboxes of every enemy are giant, and the worst thing of all is the non-stop gank fights where all the enemy have tracking along with the horrible level design. the only thing i can commend it for is the wide variety of weapons and the amount of unique builds you can make.
>>
>>343254769
DaS2 is literally just dodge at the perfect time and attack since every enemy tracks you to insane degrees and shields are equally useless in that game compared to dodging.
At least Bloodborne and DaS3 have fun fast combat that fits that sort of design even if positioning is less important, unlike DaS2
>>
>>343255512
Positioning isn't even important in DS2, you just zone enemies until they bend over for you.
>>
>>343238572
I at least finished the game.
I wasn't nearly as satisfied as i was with the other games though.
Almost everything radiated an aura of "could have been better"
>>
>>343257402
The dlc was good tho.
My bad
>>
File: 20160627232820_1.jpg (482 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160627232820_1.jpg
482 KB, 1920x1080
>>343253607
> I died thrice to Iudex Gundyr

that's par for the course usually on Iudex.

he's significantly harder than like the first 4 or so bosses in the game, and doesn't really ramp up again until Abyss Watchers

Vordt is a joke because you just hug his ass while he takes 5 minutes to get a swing off

Greatwood is literally just "hit the eggs 5 times and win"

and Crystal Sage is literally retard proof.

Abyss Watcher requires proper dodging and parrying, but isn't _much_ of a challenge if you can master that

Wolnir is another "attack the bracelets 5 times to win" fight

Yhorim is a joke so long as you spend a few titanite shards to upgrade Stormruler beforehand

Pontiff is Abyss Watchers 2.0, only this time it's obvious that he has infinite stamina because of his insane combos that he can hit you with. More dodging/rolling and parrying

Aldrich is ez mode so long as he doesn't fuck you over with continuous arrow spamming

Dancer is Vordt 2.0, only this time she can actually punish you for constant roll spam. But Uchi +5 (especially if you have a spare blood gem to infuse it with) makes it easy work

and that's where i am on my first playthrough. There's also Old Demon King which is completely optional unless you're doing Anri's quest line, and even then you don't have to kill the boss, just take care of Horrace
>>
>>343244858

>implying

Use a mace if you hate waiting so much. The vast majority of enemies get stunned easily with any blunt weapon.

Better yet, stick to DS3 where you can stunlock virtually every enemy to death with a straight sword. That doesn't make the game completely trivial or anything.
>>
>>343244480
>+10 Zweihander for capra
You need to get to near the end of the game to get a slab
>>
>>343253607
DS3 is easily the hardest of the Dark Souls series.
>>
>>343258247
>and that's where i am on my first playthrough
I hope you like THE CHAMP
>>
>>343247806
By better tracking do you mean 180° Spins?
>>
>>343259492
did you even play bloodborne you gaping homosex?
>>
>>343238572
I really, really, really do not understand the amount of dislike Dark Souls 2 gets. Can someone explain it to me? I beaten Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2, and Dark Souls 2 is my favorite.
>>
File: 1458105854308.jpg (6 KB, 250x213) Image search: [Google]
1458105854308.jpg
6 KB, 250x213
>>343259995
>Bloodborne
>Dark Souls series
>>
>>343260021

People somehow got the idea that Souls games were about super fast epin 1v1 encounters rather than slow, methodical games that constantly put you in situations with stacked odds.
>>
>>343242109
There was absolutely nothing special about the DLCs anon.
>>
>>343253607
Since you mentioned the windmill if remember correctly don't you take a elevator up from the top of the windmill to a endless plane of lava?
>>
>>343260172
this
people bitch about ds2 for putting multiple enemies after you at the same time when literally all the other games do the EXACT SAME THING holy shit

Lots of people bitch about its too hard which is just stupid, because if you take your time its really not any harder than the first game
>>
File: 1465179073212.gif (443 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
1465179073212.gif
443 KB, 400x296
>>343260057
they're basically the same thing fag
>>
>>343260470
This is how I feel. I didn't feel like the game was unfair and there wasn't too many enemies on the screen. I mean fuck, the one section in Dark Souls had like 20 fucking ghosts ambushing you. Dark Souls 2 was never that bad.

I feel like Demon's Souls was the hardest Souls game I have played, followed by Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. But that's probably because Demon's and Dark Souls were the first Souls games I've played. I am disappointed with Dark Souls 2 music though. It's so forgettable aside from a few tracks
>>
>>343255512
tower shields were broken as shit. there's literally about 5 bosses you can't just facetank and counter, and those are stupidly easy to dodge....

except the rotten, that shit was just really poorly coded, collision detection so bad NES developers woulda laughed at it.
>>
>>343242434
>being too poor for a controller

come on man
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.