[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is the WOTLK era viewed nowadays? At the time, I remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 15
File: wall1-1600x1200.jpg (759 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
wall1-1600x1200.jpg
759 KB, 1600x1200
How is the WOTLK era viewed nowadays?

At the time, I remember BC and Vanilla players snearing at how WoW was ruined. Is that still the consensus?

On the other hand I hear some calling it the pinnacle of WoW, which is amazing cause they said it would never amount to anything.
>>
Ranged from ok to mediocre and the turning point of quality
>>
TBC peaked the endgame

Vanilla was the first and most robust and wasn't so OBVIOUSlY grindfesty - everything was new so you had loads to explore...
then came Thottbot
>>
The downfall of Blizzard before the merger
>>
>>343230848
Not as good as BC or Vanilla and where most of the cancer started but it was a fine expansion. Lots of wrathbabbys like to say it was the best expansion because it's the first one they played.
>>
>>343230848
Ulduar was the only good thing about that shit expansion
>>
>>343230848
In hindsight, it wasn't the end but you could see the end from there.
>>
>>343231069
Reference databases ruin MMOs more than anything else. The games are fun until they're spoiled to hell. And they're all spoiled to hell from day one now.
>>
>>343231587
This is a good way of putting it. Le Upvoted
>>
>>343230848
>At the time, I remember BC and Vanilla players snearing at how WoW was ruined. Is that still the consensus?

among most bc and vanilla players, it still is.
among wrathbabies it isnt.
cata/mop/wod trash has no right to an opinion on the matter in the first plac since they dont know shit.

to me (played vanilla, tbc, wrath, cata) wrath did a lot of things right - classes were more polished, more specs were viable than before, talent trees were the best they ever were.
most dps specs were just as fun or even more fun to play than they were before.
questing was at its peak, so were lore and atmosphere across northrend. ulduar was the best raid they ever made.

but wrath also did a LOT of damage.
it released with 5mans that were undertuned and too easy. its first big raid was a rehash that was so undertuned people cleared it within 24 hours after release. it went completely overboard with welfare gear. healing sucked because mana was completely trivialized. ToC was a shitheap of a "raid" tier. dungeon finder tool was a step into a disastrous direction.

even though wrath was clearly superior on a technical level than tbc, i vastly prefer tbc because it doesn't suffer from a lot of the shitty design decisions and undertuning that ruined wrath for me.

and people calling it the pinnacle of wow are either wrathbabies who never got serious in vanilla and tbc, or are cata/mob/wod toddlers who look at a subscription graph and think "wow the curve peaked in wrath that means wrath must have been best"
>>
Overall Wrath was a great expansion. How god damn fucking amazing Ulduar was snd how great ICC was made up for Naxx and TCC. Eye was pretty good as well. I really only looks the game through the view of a former raider.

BC>Wrath>MoP>a pile of dog shit>Cata. Didn't play in vanilla and quit before draenor
>>
>>343230848
They fucked up badly with that Argent Tournament release.
>>
>>343231906
>dungeon finder tool was a step into a disastrous direction.
I remember the dungeon finder taking so long it was easier to put together a group in trade.
>>
>consensus
Nostalgiafags hate everything thats not vanilla or BC
Shit players liked it because content was easy enough for them to get into even if they couldn't clear all of it
Good players, people who would clear raids before nerfs or would get gladiator liked it
>>
>>343230848
Wotlk introduced mindless aoe spam tanking and lfg. It took away any sort of individualism. All you became was a silent random that spammed aoe.
>>
File: 1467060746474.gif (2 MB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1467060746474.gif
2 MB, 350x262
>>343230848
>Vanilla/BC players refereed Wrath newcomers as "Wrathbabies"
>Said Vanilla/BC players will not let go of the idea that Wrathbabies destroyed the game

It literally only got worse after Cata launched. Anyone who said that Wrathbabies brought the downfall are delusional and hypocrites for thinking so.

>"Muh dungeon difficulty!"
>"Muh tiers!"

Yeah, Cata brought ALL that, but the nostalgia was SO powerful that they couldn't see past the ACTUAL difficulty imposed on all players.

Why didn't Catababies, Pandababies or Warlordbabies never stick? Because it all comes back to the nostalgiafags that are Vanilla and BC players blaming it on Wrathbabies finding interest in WoW.

Can confirm. Am Wrathbaby, and it still makes me salty AF.
>>
>>343232749
>come to established game
>ruin it for established fans
>be proud of it and mock established fans for years to come

why do you do this?
>>
>>343232749
What are you trying to say? WoW always had tiers. If you're implying gear from Ulduar would be outdated in ICC because of tiers you would be proving yourself a dumb fuck who doesn't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>343232954
I don't think wrathbabies are responsible for the game going to shit, they just happened to join the expansion where it started going to shit. Activision consumed Blizzard before Wrath launched which explains all the cut content, recycled content, and awful choices like dungeon finder.
>>
>>343233226
all the dumbing down that ruined the game was made with one purpose - to attract and cater to what was then called 'casuals' - today we'd call them normies.
they came, millions of them came. blizzard continued catering to them by further dumbing down everything they could, which alienated the original playerbase en masse.

that's why we dont like wrathbabbies. it's literally NORMIES GET OUT and it has been for nearly 10 years now.
>>
>>343231785
Were it not for the no-lifers that wouldn't be a problem; just don't use the wikis. No-lifers, however, don't seem to care about the experience it's self 9 times/10, and are more worried about getting their power-wank on or dressing up their waifus; setting a standard of grind/raid efficiency that can only be matched by using the wikis.
>>
>>343233563
who do you think was behind all those decisions
activision
don't blame the players, blame the people who changed the game to suit casuals and removed all incentive to git gud.
>>
>>343233913
>dont blame the muslims, blame the jews who let them in

hating one doesnt mean i dont hate the other
>>
>>343231069
>Vanilla was the first and most robust and wasn't so OBVIOUSlY grindfesty

It was very obviously a grindfest, we just weren't tired of the concept yet and didn't expect much out of MMO's.
>>
>>343231906
I liked the game the abosolute most in Vanilla and TBC however the Leveling was a bit ridiculous ON TOP of the long as hell grind to get into raiding.
>>
It objectively ruined WoW forever. Beginning of the downfall.
>>
>>343230848
WotLK had the greatest raid the game has ever produced (Ulduar) and Great PvP.
But it was the beginning of the end and introduced some of the problems that led to it's downfall, Cataclysm was the final blow.

Overall it was a great expac until we had to raid in ICC for a full year.
>>
>>343232158
>I remember the dungeon finder taking so long it was easier to put together a group in trade.
Bulllshit. Took 5 minutes max and I was on a shit server.
>>
>>343236075
>Somehow implying Naxxramas back in 2006 for the first time without ANY FUKCING GUIDES ON THE INTERNET and difficulty never seen before all that has to be managed by 40 people pre handholding baby shit is worse than Ulduar
Jesus christ.
>>
>>343236095
It was always time spent waiting for tanks and healers. Usually tanks. Our server seemed short on them.

It usually took a minimum 20 minutes for me to get a dungeon queue out of it, but during peak times it'd be more like an hour.
>>
>>343230848
WotLK was the peak of the series in both popularity and quality.

On the whole TBC was probably a bit better than Wrath in terms of raids accross the board but Wrath had Ulduar which is the greatest raid in its history. And ICC was pretty good fun too, despite being a bit dull in set design.

WotLK had a much better area design than anything Blizzard have did before or affter it. The Nordic setting was executed near perfectly and far better than the eyecancer that was the primary colour designated areas of TBC
>UR IN RED ZONE NAO BUT NEXT IS BLU ZONE THEN GREEN ZONE!!
>>
>>343233563
>Adding reforging dumbed down the game
There's no point replying to fucktards like you
Go back to Nostalrius
>>
>>343236095

Not him but I remember it was just "there" for a long time too atleast until towards the end of the Xpac. I was actually surprised that no one was using it at the time since it seemed like a good feature. On my server everyone was still grouping up in Trade chat and in Dalaran's Underbelly.
>>
>>343234108
Some casuals are capable of gitting good and becoming contributing players, all you need to do is weed them out from the filth. Not their fault Activision just opened the floodgates and let all the retards in.
>>
>>343236374
We would if blizzard didn't crush it for being a threat and an obvious proof of them taking the wrong direction.
>>
>>343236734
>Removed after 3 expansions in order to make gear more meaningful
>Hurrr muh dumbing down muh wrathbabies
>>
>>343230848
The consensus is probably that WotLK was the best expansion since most people who 20 now played either that or Nost as their first WoW. Personally I think WotLK was the expansion that ruined the game. It looks beautiful and the lands are really good, but it also introduced dungeon finder and nerfed all the heroics into the ground. I think WoW was at its peak in TBC right before they released the daily quest island.
>>
people always hate whats currently happening and miss what happened before

wotlk was best xpac in hindsight if you cared about pvp. tbc pvp was very new and had incredible inbalance compared to later wotlk seasons

tbc and wotlk are top contenders for pve content, with wotlk's biggest stain being grand tournament making tbc pve a bit better

I'd say it was best xpac overall with tbc closely behind
>>
ITT: PvE rats judging expansions
>>
>>343237161
>Muh heroics
It also introduced raids harder than anything ever before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSeVCw3hVgQ
>>
>>343237442
it also added raid difficulty which started the trend of letting every retard do the same content regardless of skill.
>>
TBC was the highest point of the game. WOTLK introduced casualization and was the beginning of the end. That said, because it had just come off of such a high point and because it was only the beginning of the decline, wrath was still very good overall.
>>
>>343237750
Hard mode and retard mode are not the same difficulty. It is not the same experience.
>>
>>343237931
The shittiest players in the game should not have access to the same content as the best players in the game.
>>
>>343236374
reforging wasnt part of wrath you mongoloid
it was part of cata
>>
>>343231785
>Reference databases ruin MMOs more than anything else.

Dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.
There is nothing fun about being lost, being unsure of where to get something, or not knowing where you need to go next to continue leveling.

Leveling is the worst part of an MMO, and elongating that experience for reason is just stupid. Leveling takes you away from the overwhelming bulk of the community, it's the most asocial activity you can do, the least rewarding thing in the game, and generally just a pretty shitty experience.

The draw is doing dungeons with people and making new friends. It's trading with the community. It's doing PvP, or any of the other wealth of populated content in the game.

Running around lost in a sparsely populated lv40 zone by yourself is fucking annoying.
>>
>>343238075
They don't. If you actually played you would know there are different mechanics and better loot on the harder difficulty.
>>
>>343232749
>bike rides off
>nobody just tries to kick it over

cmon son
>>
>>343238120
leveling is the basis of immersion, immersion is the basis of the addicting qualities of an mmo. you don't hear about people getting addicted to guild wars 2 like they did in wow. degrading the quest system to minimap checkpoints was a horrible idea.
>>
>>343238120
You don't like MMO's if you don't enjoy discovering the world, full stop.
>>
>>343238238
>i did it with higher numbers so what if casuals did it with smaller numbers
Not the point, there's a reason only like 5% of guilds ever saw Naxx 420.
>>
File: 1443651793321.gif (942 KB, 253x216) Image search: [Google]
1443651793321.gif
942 KB, 253x216
>>343238075
Youre an idiot. The names of the raid may be the same, the bosses may appear physically the same, but queueing for raid and getting a premade from a guild to do the legit raid are 2 entirely different bags of beans.

I didnt like the new WoW that much but at least im not enough of a bitch to pull a faggot move like you and just spew shit without even knowing the material.
>>
>>343230848
I remember thinking at the time that the game had gone badly downhill. It was the first time I'd ever unsubbed for months at a time. I still feel like re-releasing a years old piece of raid content as the launch raid for the expansion was incredibly lazy, and just the beginning of Blizzard's neglect for the game. I now understand why this probably happened after watching the Gamespot series on Overwatch - this was around the time most of the main developers were pulled off WoW to work on Titan, later Overwatch. So it wasn't that developing content was getting harder with increased graphical standards or the usual rationalisations, it was that they'd just lost a large part of the team to a competing project.

Of course, with the benefits of hindsight, we can see any shortcomings that WotLK might have had pale by comparison with the problems the game has nowadays. Not least of which is the game still looked relatively modern in 2008, though I'm not sure you can say the same nowadays.
>>
>>343230848

achieved the classic RPG-Casualization sweet spot.

Best raid in the whole franchise (Ulduar) and pretty balanced PVP. Classes still felt unique without gimping yourself because you chose a spec that's not viable.

Ulduar-Tier 11 was the best WoW era, after Firelands everything went to shit.

t. Vanilla player
>>
>>343238120
>Leveling is the worst part of an MMO, and elongating that experience for reason is just stupid.
That must be why servers like Nostalrius and Kronos are so unpopular
>>
>>343238506
The goal of the game is to kill the dragon and get the loot, there's no reason to run higher difficulties when you can get nearly identical rewards by facerolling with pub trash.
>>
>>343234673
this

also to the OP i didnt ever think wotlk was bad. yeah it was slightly casualised but it still cattered to both the hardcore and casual crowd... when cata came out it was a challenge and then the downfall began right after lich kings death
>>
>>343238470
Again, different MECHANICS, not numbers. Entire fights were different.
The main reason Naxx 40 was so inaccessible was the absolutely staggering grind required to get geared for it.
>>
>>343230848
Ulduar was the peak of raiding, blew everything before it and after out of the water.

ICC was pretty good to.
>>
File: 1455677001234.jpg (25 KB, 240x251) Image search: [Google]
1455677001234.jpg
25 KB, 240x251
I started in Vanilla. WOTLK was the height of WoW for me. Both game play and community wise with the latter beginning its fall during the second half of WOTLK

Cataclysm made everything worse for me.

Mists of Pandaria was a step in the right direction until fucking Siege of Orgimmar and the YEAR we were expected to be satisfied with it alone.

Fucking everything about WoD was awful. How a million-dollar company like Blizzard couldn't even finish half their ideas is shameful. I still remember the alpha map of the game and how huge Draenor was supposed to be. How the train tracks ran across every zone.But one of the best WoW experiences I ever had was in WoD, the open world PVP was sublime and being rewarded for killing every horde I saw with their bones in the PVP Garrison building was fantastic and getting the "Lord of War" title after being the last man standing in a 15-man free for all trumps most of my WoW experiences.
>>
>>343238740

The only requisite for being a vanilla hardcore raider was having free time, no skill needed
>>
>>343238740
>The main reason Naxx 40 was so inaccessible was the absolutely staggering grind required to get geared for it
Plus 6 months later TBC was released
>>
>>343238894
Not just hobby-level free time either, I ran a raiding guild in BC and I must have been putting in 40 hour weeks at least
>>
>>343238075
NO YOU SEE, IT'S A DIFFERENT BOSS BECAUSE THE NUMBERS ARE HIGHER

YEAH YOU KILLED THE LICH KING BUT DID YOU KILL *HARD MODE* LICH KING YEAH I DIDN'T THINK SO
>>
>>343230848
Every expac has that one faggot that will whine about old content being better regardless of the current patch. In BC they said Vanilla was better, in WotLK they said vanilla/BC was better, in Cata they said vanilla/BC/WotLK was better and so on. The exception to this trend is endgame Cata which almost everybody agrees was terrible.
>>
>>343238470
>higher numbers
wew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO6LwHS8S_I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx6ipbVOWvY
>>
>>343230848

Wotlk created easy mindless heroics, through a terrible raid tier to distract players and went back to adding "gear skip dungeons" so prior raids could be skipped.
>>
>>343230848
WotLK had the talent specs perfected. Not only were each of the classes unique, but the class specs themselves were unique. It was amazing to finally have a Warlock -- my main -- be played as either a stationary burn-it-all Battleground master, or play with DoTs and do nothing but run around and have a 1sec Drain Life after getting as much Haste as I could after the Resillience cap.

However, even though it perfected classes, the repetitive Dailies became insufferable, and it will always be behind Burning Crusade in terms of WPvP and end-game content.
>>
>>343230848

It was the beginning of the end, it did good things but at the same time it introduced the cancer that ruined the game.

Wotlk had the best class balance though, don't even try arguing it was better in TBC and vanilla it just wasn't.
>>
>>343239416
>Wotlk had the best class balance though
>Not remembering infinite mana ret paladins and DKs that were broken for a year after release
Funny joke
>>
>>343239135
To be fair, since Cataclysm they started to make final bosses/bosses in general have different mechanics in the harder modes. This really played out in MoP and beyond though.
>>
>>343239487
>tfw playing a dk when they were extremely broken
Felt good man, Blood master race.
>>
File: 1463491912385.jpg (52 KB, 334x349) Image search: [Google]
1463491912385.jpg
52 KB, 334x349
>>343239605
>tfw running around like a retard spamming Howling Blast and racking up kills
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>343239135
>NUMBERS ARE HIGHER
wew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez1pRo1sywY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEWheSvOKPk
>>
>>343239605
>tfw you mained a DK when they were stupidly powerful and stuck with it after all these years
Even when we were complete dogshit I never abandoned DKs

Suffer well
>>
>>343239782
>tfw coming back as a ghoul when you died
Early DKs were the tightest shit.
>>
>>343239487

One week of ret paladins being completely broken before getting hotfixed doesn't mean I'm wrong, I won't argue about DK's but the thing is in TBC and especially vanilla there were talent specs that was just useless, ret paladins in particular was just a laughing stock till that one week of brutally raping everything.
>>
>>343239605
I rolled a dk right near the end of s9 for lels and got rival running mage/dk in like 30% blues, nerds were mad. felt good indeed.
>>
File: tigole.png (907 KB, 1020x1600) Image search: [Google]
tigole.png
907 KB, 1020x1600
>>343230848

WOTLK was the turning point for when WoW stopped being about whiny welfare raiders and started being more about intermediate players and casuals.

Also, daily reminder Tigole was an evil welfare raiding jew in everquest and designed WoW to played while receiving welfare from the government.
>>
>>343240094
s5 but you knew what i meant
>>
>>343239565
Even in Wrath this was the case.
10 man Razuvious was different from 25.
Hard modes in Ulduar obviously completely changed how the fights functioned.
Many bosses in heroic Icecrown were entirely different from normal mode, such as Professor Putricide and Arthas himself.
>>
File: Night Elf women.jpg (234 KB, 794x465) Image search: [Google]
Night Elf women.jpg
234 KB, 794x465
>there are people in this thread who don't ERP
>those same people are probably too scared of judgement by "friends" to even make a character on MG
>>
File: d1d.png (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
d1d.png
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>343240510
>Somehow taking the moral high ground against people who don't make ERP characters
>>
File: 1455429123318.jpg (6 KB, 242x250) Image search: [Google]
1455429123318.jpg
6 KB, 242x250
>>343240035
>mfw Druids have been overpowered since BC

Fuck you class that gets to have 4 specs and seamlessly move between each of them now.
>>
File: 1458623865179.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458623865179.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
You constantly get retards who started playing during WOTLK praising it as the height and being nostalgic for it, and then criticizing the current game for tons of issues that were introduced with WOTLK.

tldr spot the wotlk babbies
>>
>>343238398
>immersion is the basis of the addicting qualities of an mmo.

No, the basis of the addiction comes from the reward system the game has.
Leveling trivializes gear gain, which is the main system of reward that the games create.

It doesn't matter if you get a really awesome weapon if in 5 levels it's become obsolete.
Gear progression falls apart, and the rewards feel less meaningful during the leveling experience. Everything from gold gains to gear to skills all feel less significant while leveling versus once you reach the end game.

>>343238402
>You don't like MMO's if you don't enjoy discovering the world, full stop.

Discovering the world as a well equipped adventurer ready to take on anything is fun. Discovering the world as a low level character and accidentally stumbling into a zone created for some high level quest in the zone you're in is just obnoxious, so is accidentally wandering into a much higher level zone that borders the low level zone you're in.
Essentially as you level the rest of the world is gated off to you, since going into the wrong zones leads to you just being killed.

That's not a sense of exploration or immersion, it's a sense of "aww fuck, where the hell am I going? Why are the enemies so strong here? How do I get back to the other zone? Fuck, now I died and I'm stuck and I have to keep running back to my body and dying until I can get out of this zone I accidentally wandered into."
>>
>>343241021
>accidentally stumbling into a zone created for some high level quest in the zone you're in is just obnoxious
This might be hard to grasp, but some people like different things to you. For me, stumbling into a zone with way higher enemies is like realising you have chapters left to read in a book you're really enjoying.
>>
>>343240979
I don't know, i left WoW in early 09 because i was getting sick of the grind(get gear to kill bosses to get better gear etc.) but all those solo and small group activities kinda want to make me pick up the game again.
>>
>>343241181
Good thing they're removing this in Legion by making all the new zones level scaled. It's a huge improvement to the game.
>>
I wish they went back to the concept of activating a hard mode and not just a simple Q up for the harder tuned raid. mimiron and thor come to mind.
>>
>>343241021
when I was 14 playing wow for the first time in 06 i sat in teldrassil with a friend killing imps for hours, eventually ran around the whole map doing almost no quests, then tried to find a way to leave the island by jumping off various waterfalls and swimming. I had no idea what the fuck I was doing and had a grand 'ol time.
>>
>>343241021
>Discovering the world as a well equipped adventurer ready to take on anything is fun.
That's the antithesis of reference databases though.
>>
I started playing WoW in vanilla before Blackwing Lair had released. I believe the best expansion is Cataclysm. It featured high quality 5 man dungeons, reasonably balanced pvp, a lot of stuff to do at level cap, added new level 1-60 content, featured many beautiful zones full of hidden secrets to discover, and had some of the finest raids the game has to offer.
>>
Its like resident evil 4. It was fantastic alone but was thr turning point for the rest of the expansions.

And iirc its when it had the longest most consistent subs
>>
>>343241289
Thor and Ice Thor were boring though
>Clear phase one really fast
>Kill boss really fast
All the other ones were good
>>
>>343231906
I miss ret in wrath
>>
>>343241583
>I despise linear progression in a game that is dubbed open world.

The existence of levels inherently creates a linear progression. You cannot progress in zones that are too far under your level or too far above your level.

The only way to do this would to make all enemies and quests in the game scale with your level, which would essentially make the game into a bizarre shitfest because how do you fight an elite mob as a level 12 grouped with a level 50 character? What does the enemy scale to and shit?

Sounds like a thing that can't be accomplished in a satisfying way.
Content is inherently going to be gated by gear and level in a game where character progression is one of the main appeals.

>>343241302
>when I was 14

And that's not the case now, so what is your point? Yes, as a dumb child you can enjoy a lot of stupid things.
I enjoyed Superman 64 when I was a kid, but heaven knows that didn't make it a good game.
>>
>>343231909
draenor is worse then cata
you did miss much raid tiers sucked and feral ruled for the fist few months
>>
>>343242248
Ret in WoD was so hilariously down-sized. I don't think there was ever a simpler rotation. It's been made slightly, JUST SLIGHTLY, more engaging in Legion.
>>
>>343242393
I mean I enjoyed playing bop it in pandaria but I want to be good again not decent for 40 seconds then drool around on my keyboard until wings comeback
I'm honestly getting legion jus because some of the whacky shit ret gets, I can't wait to blink onto a cloth pop wings and roll my face on the keyboard with all two buttons I get
>>
>>343232749
>Why didn't Catababies, Pandababies or Warlordbabies never stick?
Catababies did. Pandababies and WoDbabies weren't much of a thing because the game was plummeting in subs and it was hard to find anyone who hadn't already been playing.
>>
>>343242283
>You cannot progress in zones that are too far under your level or too far above your level.

Legion did away with level requirements for zones. Mobs scale to your level no matter where you are.
>>
>>343238120
Aside from how fucking wrong this is, it's very WoW-centric and it's obvious you don't have much, if any, experience outside of it.
>>
>>343242796
Uh. Sorry bro. They removed that blink ability some time ago.
>>
It was the last bastion before the game officially became shit beyond redemption.
>>
>>343240834
druids were pretty much shit from 4.3 to 6.0
>>
>>343233226
>I don't think wrathbabies are responsible for the game going to shit, they just happened to join the expansion where it started going to shit. Activision consumed Blizzard before Wrath launched which explains all the cut content, recycled content, and awful choices like dungeon finder.
They're not. TBC was the peak of WoW anyone who did Kael, Vashj and Sunwell can attest to this. That shit was fun.
To be honest the hardcore were just as responsible for the downfall of everything as blizzard was. They're assholes nearly through and through with quite a few good ones mixed in.
The best players almost never bothered to whine about casuals ruining the game for them because they aren't idiots and understand that the game is a business.
The dumb idiots whos only real claim to fame was getting carried to gear are the ones who whine the most about the game being "ruined".
Catchup gear and lack of attunements honestly ruined the feel of progression, but what could blizzard do when so much of the playerbase was made up of entitled idiots?
>>
File: too bad that didn't kill me.jpg (252 KB, 945x695) Image search: [Google]
too bad that didn't kill me.jpg
252 KB, 945x695
>Hated WoD but still leveled all 11 classes to 100 anyway (with heirlooms, flying, and the exp flasks it took like 2 hours per alt)
>Spent the last half year or so just ERPing because outside of RP there's literally nothing to do
>HFC just had it's 1-year anniversary recently and it's still not going away for another 2 months
>This is the first time in God knows how long I've been so burnt out on WoW that I didn't even consider resubbing with gold
>>
File: typical elves.jpg (60 KB, 761x497) Image search: [Google]
typical elves.jpg
60 KB, 761x497
being addicted to WoW at this point is what I assume purgatory must be like. even the shitty general on the containment board is literally just the same posts over and over with the exact same responses to them
>>
>>343243203
>Aside from how fucking wrong this is, it's very WoW-centric and it's obvious you don't have much, if any, experience outside of it.

I played TERA and PSO1 and 2. I'm not big on MMOs, though I don't know why that would be relevant.
>>
>>343230848
>naxxramas
>trial of the crusader
>>
>>343245908
got two chars to 100 then unsubbed, the garrison and highmaul was enough
>>
>>343237168
Wrathbabbies...
>>
>>343237168
>best pvp
>death knights introduced
L M A O
>>
>>343234108
>>343234108
>>>343233913
>>dont blame the muslims, blame the jews who let them in
>hating one doesnt mean i dont hate the other
Underrated post
>>
>>343230848

At the time I enjoyed it quite a bit, but looking back it's difficult to not have mixed feelings since group finder and ezmode raiding was introduced around that time which marked the beginning of the end.
>>
>>343246939
I'm sure still enjoying SC2 is worse, if their general is anything to go by. Nothing posted there is even to do with the game any more
>>
File: 1456190572119.jpg (73 KB, 576x627) Image search: [Google]
1456190572119.jpg
73 KB, 576x627
I'm a wrathbabby so I'm inevitably going to have at least a little bit of a rose tint for it

Looking back though I don't understand what it is that kept me hooked and has made me an on and off addict

I guess I was just a really fucking bored teenager
>>
A year from now, WOD will be considered the high point of Warcraft

The WoW cycle is real
>>
>>343249857
Don't even joke about that
>>
>>343232749
Cata was great out of the box. It went to shit before the first content patch because blizz listened to all the wrathbabys and nerfed the dungeons to nothing.
>>
>>343236075
>ulduar is the greatest raid

Nope, thunder king took that title.
>>
WOTLK wasn't bad, but it definitely was the downfall of the game. Vanillia and TBC were much.

Cata would have been a decent expansion too if Dragon Soul didn't last so fucking long and LFR never existed. Most of the people who shit on the expansion never actually experienced DS outside of LFR. I legitimately enjoyed BWD and BoT as well.
>>
>>343250387
cata gets more hate than it deserves, but even out of the box it was completely designed around LFD and also had massive content cuts
>>
good pve

start of rubber band balancing

beginning of the end
>>
>>343250717
Dragon Soul was an incredibly lazy raid anyway, a copy-paste of Dragonblight with a couple of extra rooms bolted on. It started the unfortunate trend of taking already-made zones and repackaging them as low-effort raid content that continued with Siege of Orgrimmar. Thankfully Blizzard seems to have learned in Legion that if players are paying $15 a month to play, serving repackaged areas as new content is not cool.
>>
File: 1339003415319.jpg (34 KB, 332x498) Image search: [Google]
1339003415319.jpg
34 KB, 332x498
>>343230848
Can you paid shillers please stop this.
WoW died years ago its not the same.

Clueless new devs.
Sellouts.
No direction.
No community.
Dumbing down everything.
Butchered lore.
Meaningless talent and spec.
Meaningless areas outside of cities.
Stay in cities 24/7.
Loot ninja with people you wont meet again.
Flying everywhere.
Basically a singleplayer game.
Basically kungfu panda zootopia and pokemon fights.
2,000,000,000,000 hitpoints with 500,000,000,000 dps

Really, 'releasing' nostalgia server means discarding everything and start from outdated patches? Really?

As a last ditch effort, releasing a bland movie thats long due and using live actors?

Just let it die.
>>
>>343250387
I only started playing in the last month of Wrath, and I miss the old Cata heroics.
>>
>>343251603
The first wave of Cata heroics were great, I played a bit during the recent Timewalking weekend and the Dragon Soul heroics were pretty dire. End Time was just awful.
>>
>>343251603
it took 3 expansions but it looks like blizzard finally realized lfd is trash, so instead of making all dungeons trash to work with lfd, in legion lfd can't be used for the new heroics (mythics)
>>
Vanillafag here. BC was the most enjoyable expansion for me with the introduction of FLYING MOUNTS blew me and my friends minds. I don't think people understand how amazing it was to be able to fly around in an MMO that had such a flushed out world like WoW's for the first time. Getting my Nether Drake and doing the trials was the highest point of my WoW career.

As a Warcaft fan, WotLK's resolution to the story with Arthas was really importent to me. Icecrown Citidal was a really solid raid with familiar characters from the lore all throughout. WotLK still has the most memorable areas to level and explore in, with absolutely beautiful terrain and the best music the series has ever had. The Argent Crusade was ass, and so was the filler raid in it. Naxx was fun since I never got to experience it in vanilla.

Cata was just garbage all around. I leveled up, did a few raids, and quit.

I bought pandas, leveled up 5 times and than got bored with it. By far the worst zones and leveling experience for em.

WoD was pretty cool, raiding was enjoyable, but I ended up quitting after our guild hit a wall in Mythic Blackrock Foundry.

No idea what Legion holds, not really excited, but happy to raid with my friends again.
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.