[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fucking shit. It's barely the third level and this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3
File: HaloCECover.jpg (402 KB, 600x851) Image search: [Google]
HaloCECover.jpg
402 KB, 600x851
Holy fucking shit. It's barely the third level and this piece of shit expects me to survive in a locked room with enemies pouring in from all sides, including no less than six dudes with swords and guys who do nothing but spam grenades. What the hell do I do?
>>
>>343227991
Shoot your guns at them until they die. Grenades help too.
>>
>>343227991
holy shit how much can you suck at video games ?
>>
noob
>>
What difficulty? also while this >>343228070 is ironic I recommend you spam granades too.
How are you liking it so far?
>>
>>343227991
I started Halo the first time on legendary and got stuck there fot a while. Then I just killed the enemies as they came out of the doors and I felt like a super retard.
>>
>>343227991
>mfw I did this shit np when I was a fucking preteen
you're trash
>>
Play on a lower difficulty till you git gud
>>
>>343227991
Your gonna hate the flood if the covies are pissing you off
>>
>>343228275
Legendary ofc
elites are the bane of my existence
>>343228070
i keep running out
>>
>>343227991
>Holy fucking shit. It's barely the third level and this piece of shit expects me to survive in a locked room with enemies pouring in from all sides
lol you're terrible
>>
>>343228386
Spam plasma pistol shots. Not hard, man.
>>
>>343227991
It's been ages from the last time I've played CE

Honestly OP.
Use the Pistol.
The AR can burn through the Elites Shields pretty quick and the Pistol only needs one shot.

Aside from that
Situational Awareness to where the grunts are can really help
>>
>>343227991
git gud

I finished it when I was 10
>>
>>343228386
Pick up enemy guns as you run out of ammo (not after) and literally just keep shooting. Seriously though, use grenades back. Try to herd them into their own grenades (doesn't work too well most of the time). It's a tough spot, I know, but if 12 year old me could do it with little problems you'll do just fine.
>>
This is why Halo 5 exists.
>>
>>343228469
that's what i've been doing, but either
A. I eat sword from guys who take two full AR clips to go down
B. I get mowed down by dozens little guys from all directions
C. Grenaded to death from all sides, including chain reactions
>>
>first Halo
It doesn't matter what the difficulty is. Use the pistol, and only the pistol. The pistol is your best friend if you have even the slightest aiming ability.
>>
>>343228826
>>343228585
there is no pistol on this level
>>
>>343228918
level 3

The one where you start with a pistol

and theres one by a crashed warthog on the beach

Are you sure
>>
>>343228918
Git gud and snipe the fuckers. Doesn't matter that they're right in front of you.
You DO still the sniper rifle right?
>>
>>343228795
Aim for the head. Always aim for the head. Can you backtrack and find a shotgun?
>>
>>343227991
Get the PC version so you can properly aim without that spongey aim assist bullshit.
>>
File: 7xncphx.jpg (99 KB, 602x792) Image search: [Google]
7xncphx.jpg
99 KB, 602x792
>>343227991

>BABBY'S FIRST FPS
>today's babbies only play FPS games
>yet they can't complete Halo CE

Joke's on you /v/
>>
>>343229042
Wait shit thats level 4

never mind
>>
>>343228918
oh fug right. the night level, right?

giit gud at aiming with the sniper
>>
>>343229042
it's the nighttime level
you start with a sniper and an AR
>>343229050
ammo ran out at the second area
>>343229060
nope
>>
>>343227991
git gud or turn the difficulty down temporarily and come back to it when you're better at the game
>>
>>343229232
I think there a pistol at the grav lift to the ship

on one of the dead marines
>>
>>343229232
Ran out??
They start you out with like 4 times as much ammo as you're normally allowed to carry on that level. Good god
>>
>>343229152
> 15 year old game is babbys first FPS.
Never understood this meme, I guess everyone on /v/ is now +30
>>
it'd help if the full squad of marines with me were even remotely competent
>>
>>343229232
Stop playing then come back tomorrow and start the level fresh. Getting frustrated will only make you worse.
>>
>>343229378
well that's what happens when it takes like three shots to kill an elite
>>
>>343229606
meh, you're probably right
>>
>>343229606
This. Just put it down, ignore meme spouting /v/ who will just keep repeating "git gud" and "babby's first rpg" at you and go enjoy something else for a while.
>>
>>343229982
When you come back you can prepare. A good way to go about it is to use plasma pistols and the magnum. Fully charge the plasma pistol and shoot the Elites with shields. That should break their defenses, so switch to the magnum and aim for the head. Combine that with spamming grenades when they come in waves and you should be able to clear it.
>>
>>343229982
Save your rage for the Library.
>>
>>343227991
geet gud
>>
>>343227991
That level is probably the hardest level in the game on legendary.

Securing the Gravity Lift.
Hold the room.
1st Floor of the hanger bay

Holding the doors in the Library

The Cafeteria in the Maw

Those 5 areas are the only area I would legitimately consider to be frustratingly hard. But they are all quite possible. I remember accomplishing it as a teenage.
>>
>>343230892
Library isn't so bad. Run and hide when you have to wait for the doors.
>>
>>343231169
>The Cafeteria in the Maw

This pissed me off to no end, it's Flood controlled Scorpion on Legendary tier.
>>
>>343229723
Legendary requires you to learn about enemy weak spots. The Sniper Rifle can still kill in 1 hit but only a head shot. Same with using it against Jackels.

The key to that is taking your time with the sniper rifle, learning enemy movement in the level before and get 1 or 2 kills with 1 sniper shot. This way you have the sniper rifle still for both that room and the hanger. You also need to get REALLY good at sticky grenades. When you throw a Plasma grenade it needs to connect with an elite, period.
>>
>>343231183
You just always have to be careful walking out of the doors. There seems to be one flood with rockets just waiting every damn time.
>>
>>343231169
What the fug

Two Betrayals on Legendary is BY FAR the hardest moment/mission in the entire franchise. Nothing else comes close.
>>
>>343230892
>>343231351
I actually found the Library to be pretty easy. Just run through the level and never turn around.

Truth and Rec. Was far worse and the Cafeteria in Maw was harder then all of Library.
>>
>>343231850
What part? Two Betrayals wasnt that bad. Like i cant think of a part that makes me say "ya that area was rough" with the exception of where you get the very last set of banshees. and thats only because by then you are tired and making mistakes.
>>
>>343227991
>Have the Sniper rifle together with the Plasma Pistol
>When any of the invisible golden Elites come, focus them by breaking their shield with a charged shot Plasma Pistol and spam one or two shots with the sniper to the head to finish them off
>Rest of the time, just stay around the edges picking off any easy targets
>If shit hits the fan, grab the invisibility and wack the Covenant on the back for an instakill while it lasts
If you replaced the sniper rifle with some other weapon before getting on board the Truth and Reconciliation, it's gonna be much harder. You should aim to grab a Plasma Rifle and use it together with the shield-breaking of the Plasma Pistol.

Took me about 8 tries on Legendary, but it's not impossible.
>>
>>343231908
I have never found Truth and Rec to be to difficult though. You can run a lot of it and just cheese the rest. The only annoying bit is the final run and that is just hoping Keyes doesn't get his shit pushed in before you reach the dropship.
>>
>>343233090
You can run through it? It always looked way to narrow for a run through. Interesting tactic.

Though the 3 areas that stand out as difficult are the 3 areas that you cant run through because you have to hold and wait.
>>
>>343233283
Use the frags to get elites out of your way, the fact they dodge them nearly every time will take them out of shooting you too just run past.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks CE has the worst campaign of any halo game, even including Halo 4 and 5?

It has so many copy pasted hallways, reused level 's later in the campaign, and much less weapon and enemy variety then later entries in the serious. It's extremely tedious and hasn't aged well, the level designs and layouts feel limited due to the hardware at the time.
>>
>>343229447
I think the Quake and UT crowds got all high and mighty about how much faster their game was in terms of ttk and actualy player movement and started shitting on Halo because it was slower game.

That's my guess, but I never really got it either.
>>
>>343229447
It's because some people don't like that not every single FPS is a Doom or Quake clone.
>>
>>343231169
>holding down the doors in the library
>mfw i just hid behind corners and grenade jumped through the doors

Two Betrayals is worse on the pure fact that you can't skip anything there.
>>
>>343227991
Play serious sam 2 then try again.
>>
>>343235960
In terms of level design, it's pretty weak, but I still like it more than anything besides the Covenant in Halo 3.

Halo 5 takes the cake for its use of movement, alternate paths, and verticality. However, its vehicle sections were rather weak.

Off the top of my head, I think I'd rate level design like this:

Halo 5 > Halo 2 > Halo 4 > Halo CE > Halo Reach > Halo 3
>>
>>343235960
Yeah, it has some great levels like the Silent Cartographer, but as whole it just has too damn much copypaste to be enjoyable. No matter how shitty 4 was otherwise, at least it didn't have you running around the same corridors for hours.
>>
>>343227991
Stop blowing goats.
>>
File: 300px-H4_-_Forthencho.jpg (20 KB, 300x354) Image search: [Google]
300px-H4_-_Forthencho.jpg
20 KB, 300x354
>>343227991

WE
>>
>>343228386
BANE?
>>
>>343236689
Serious Sam 2 is a much better designed game than Halo though.
>>
>>343237671
they're big guys
>>
>>343235960
i dont see how people praise the library and those fuckawful levels, what do people find in it, they're fucking atrocious design
>>
>>343237819
People praise the Library these days? It was everyone's most dreaded level back when it came out. I think it suffers from sameness more than any other level.
>>
>>343237819
>>343237949
It has an excellent atmosphere but otherwise it's just annoying and repetitive.
>>
>>343237949
Its the only level I dont like.

I actually liked the repeat levels that occurred in the late game but the Library I just find from start to finish terrible. Not a single positive thing I have for it. I think I hate it even more then that Cortana level in Halo 3. Or at least similar levels
>>
>>343227991
>ar breaks shield
>switch to magnum
>one shot head shot
>repeat
>>
>>343228385

Not him, but the Covies are harder. The Flood don't even have armors as you and the Elites. Also, the flood don't even bother to cover from fire.
>>
>>343229982
There's camo in the room. Its somewhere on the perimeter, forgot exactly. Also, if you feel pressured, try bottlenecking them in the hallways and lob a few nades.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.