[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remind me why this is the best elder scrolls game? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Morrowind-Logo.jpg (108 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind-Logo.jpg
108 KB, 800x530
Remind me why this is the best elder scrolls game? I've been playing this for three hours and the npcs have the personality of sandpaper.
>>
The only reason to talk to NPCs in Elder Scrolls games are for quests and information.

Oblivion and Skyrim give you a grand total of two options: give me quest or tell me about shit I could hear from any other NPC.
>>
>>343226935
Best most varied environment for starters. Their quests are the most creative as well. Its a rough diamond but better than oblivion/skyrim nonetheless.
>>
>>343227240
This can apply to almost every mmorpg as well.
>>
>>343226935
who is pushing the "morrowind is bad" meme so hard? some subreddit?
fuck off faggot
>>
>Ugly, barren world
>Terrible D&D based combat
>Text dump NPC's with little to no voice acting
>Only takes place in Vvardenfell (the big island in the middle) instead of the actual mainland Morrowind
>>
>>343227647
More than likely some underage newfags that unironically like Skyrim.
>>
>>343226935
MISS MISS MISS MISS
>>
The best part about all this stupid Morrowind shitposting is that
>it is now summer
>Morrowind is older than the children shitposting about it
>>
Morrowind's story and setting are good enough to make up for its gameplay shortcomings.
>>
Just between the latest three. I haven't played the early games, so I'll let the Daggerfags speak for themselves.
- - -
-Best magical effects
-Most weapon variety
-Better story AND storyTELLING. Even being as dated as it is (with all NPCs standing in one place), Bethesda actually took the time to set up a political climate and history, and avoided being super tropey like in IV and V's main stories.
-Oblivion did some of the factions better, but the guilds in Morrowind were still fun and showcased a progessive character development. Also the Great Houses were best factions in the three games.
-Contrary to what many of my fellow Morrowind bros will say here, there was some level scaling. It presented you with newer harder enemies, though, instead of mindlessly scaling up bandits n sheit
-Algorithm combat actually makes sense, in the context of what's supposed to be happening. Agility and fatigue on both sides determines how much you miss, and thus stats matter more than they do in the later games. I realize that's subjective, though.
- - -
That's all that immediately comes to mind. I might post more.
>>
>>343226935

Not every peasant has something good to say, though you can find out a lot of things by checking and asking around a town anyway. If you really want it to where every NPC has something special then you should just download the LGNPC project for Morrowind
>>
>>343226935
TES is a shit series. Morrowind is just the least shit.
>>
>>343226935
Watch the sky.
>>
No Waypoints.
>>
>>343229148
>mods will fix it
Why does every Bethesda fan use this excuse?
>>
>>343226935
>npcs
>personality
It's a video game, pick one. FFS fans like you are getting catered to with all the generic script they have large chunks of game space taken up and dev time thrown away to record some random chit chat that's going to get cut from the end product anyway and the same race/sex will be programmed to say the same generic replies over and over again.
Oh look, NPC's can outloud talk with words!!! WHAT PERSONALITY OH MY.
>>
>>343226935
Story and lore.
Skyrim is about dragons returning because of a civil war caused by a rebellion stemming from religious persecution.
Oblivion is about demons pouring out of hellgates across the land.
Morrowind is about stopping an insane god who lives inside a volcano from building a mech.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.