[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Mesa is now on sale! You have bought it, right /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (225 KB, 395x261) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
225 KB, 395x261
Black Mesa is now on sale!

You have bought it, right /v/?
>>
>>343220779
No, I played it when it was free and got sick of the pea shooter weapons
>>
>>343220779
No Half-Life was good back in the day but expecting people to play it for anything other than nostalgias sake isn't realistic.
>>
what does black mesa have that there isnt on the original half life? this is a legit question, the "free content update" thingie caught my attention
>>
>>343220960
first poster right as usual
>>
>>343220779
Have they finished Xen yet?
>>
>>343220960
>>343221254
the game is and always will be still free on the original moddb.
they haven't released xen yet.
>>
Wasn't this free?
>>
>>343221373
God I hope not. Removing Xen was the best improvement in Black Mesa
>>
>>343220779
Huh, since when did they start selling it?
I thought it was a free mod.
>>
>>343220779
I'm in the mood for some FPS games with retro vibes, so I was thinking about getting this. But is it actually worth the money? Does it really provide anything the original game didn't back then? Is the soundtrack as good as they say?
>>
>buying an early access mod of all the fucking things
Really?
>>
>>343221437
You can still play the free version but Valve let them use an updated version of Source but they had to sell it.
The bought version is really just updated graphics and multiplayer but other than that the mod is pretty much the same.
>>
File: 1466283247972.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1466283247972.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>In development since 2005
>Free version released in 2012
>Early access released over a year ago
>STILL NO XEN
>>
>>343220779
I mean, its on steam but what is the legality of selling a rebuild of a valve game on a newer valve engine? Do they have to give a bigger cut?
>>
>>343221484
Xen is being remade completely from ground up though since nobody liked the original version
>>
>>343221805
>since nobody liked the original version

I loved it, fuck you.
>>
Serious question

What should a person new to the Half-Life series play first? The original or Black Mesa?

Is the changes to the gunplay and the AI a dealbreaker? What are they and are they considerably different to the vanilla experience?
>>
>>343222098
Play the original, black mesa is missing the end the game still all these years later.
>>
>>343222098

Play the original.
The play Opposing Force.
Then play HL2 and episodes.
Then play Black Mesa Source.
Then play mods from both games.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.