[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Mario Sunshine 2 >Open world, five islands and lots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
Super Mario Sunshine 2

>Open world, five islands and lots of sea
>F.L.U.D.D. can hold all four nozzles and they can be upgraded to ridiculous extents
>Volcanoes, mineshafts, reefs, oil rigs, shipping yard, sewers, clouds, ruins
>Pianta Hotel with plenty of Mario characters on vacation
>Pianta City with the Mushroom City MK8 aesthetic
>Story levels are the traditional seven star collectathon
>Take portals to them, they're slight.bigger than the first game's worlds
>Rico Harbor is back, no longer useful to Pianta economy, now a ghost level
>Nonstory is the meat of the game
>Hundreds of warp pipes leading to the secret star style levels of the original game, as well as bizarre one-star levels and a few HD recreations of old Mario levels
>Open world is full of shit to do
>Help Piantas solve life problems and stop crime, or maybe play a game of soccer and help out with the chores
>Races with Koopa the Quick, I'll Piantisimo as well as other new racers
>Nintendo cameos in well hidden race spots
>Luigi is enthusiastic about getting in shape, so expect to race him as well as see him staying physically active all across the island during your adventure
Collect ingredients fforPaper Mario's Tayce T in 3DHD.
>Pilot wings
>Wii Sports Resort
>WaveRace
>1080
>F.L.U.D.D. can become the A.I. for a submarine
>Pianta vehicles play ljke Mario Kart
>Plot involves Wario hypnotizing Peach with a Sarasaland artifact
>Mario competes in Island competitions to win Peach's favorite island flower
>E Gadd says a big enough bouquet will break the spell
>>
>>343211691

>Pianta way of life turned into a cash cow by a group of young entrepreneurial piantas
>Many side missions reflect how the Pianta way of life is changing some for the good and some for the better
>Get mounts, different color Yoshis with different powers including the original SMW colors
>Find Dory and Plessy ridable hidden in the world, as well as Bloopers and a friendly Koopa
>Some island wildlife is ridable, though not tamable
>Some wildlife is huge in the larger mountain/jungle areas
>Submarine underwater sections definitely aren't for people afraid of large things in dark oceans
>>
I wouldn't mind it, since Sunshine is my favorite game.
>>
>>343211691
Sunshine (and Luigis mansion) were my favorite games when I was a tiny baby child so if it got a equal I'd by that shit as fast as possible.
>>
>>343211691
why no super mario sunshine on the Wii U.
I would really like to play this again.
>>
>>343211691
>Open world
Not in a platformer.
>>
File: Sunshine Remaster.jpg (1 MB, 1524x2152) Image search: [Google]
Sunshine Remaster.jpg
1 MB, 1524x2152
I could play an HD Sunshine, but that seems like a bit much.
>>
>>343213249
64 was open world
>>
>>343213328
>>343213196
just emulate in 1080p on dolphin
>>
>>343211691
>Open world
Already in the fucking trash
>>
>>343213249
to retard normies "open world" is an objective pro while being "linear" is an objective con
>>
F.L.U.D.D was a mistake
>>
>>343213328
>bintendo gaymecuba
Holy keks
>>
>>343213402
barely, the castle is basically just an interactive level selector. if it was a menu and you picked which world to go to from there you wouldn't call it open world.
>>
File: 1466808969810.jpg (93 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1466808969810.jpg
93 KB, 500x333
>>343211691
>>343212713
LOL
You'll get another NSMB with a Z axis and you'll like it.
>>
>wanting a sequel to sunshine instead of Mario 64

get off my board
>>
>Nintendrones hoping for babby's games instead of something mature with an adult gameplay

Did Nintendo ever published something for someone over the age of 8 lol?
>>
>>343213249
>sunshine
>platformer
>>
>>343211691
I would buy it
>>
File: 1465011962050.jpg (22 KB, 429x403) Image search: [Google]
1465011962050.jpg
22 KB, 429x403
I would just like another mario sunshine game with no FLUDD. I love the idea of playing on a tropical resort but cleaning up shit has never been appealing to me.
>>
>>343213402

Nope, it had small areas connected by a hub, same as Sunshine.
>>
File: low bait.jpg (2 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
low bait.jpg
2 KB, 250x250
>>343213894
>>
>>343214181

The cleanup shit is not present. This game is about ridiculous upgrades for Fludd that play with the physics. You have to play levels a first time with normal fludd but you can play a second time with all of your high pressure upgrades and crush time records and fuck up bosses. Upgrading Fludd's submarine and exploring a vast sea, fight enormous optional bosses. Upgrade rocket or take a blue Yoshi into the sky where Mario moves and jumps faster. Jump into four holes at the North South East and West parts of the sky to travel back down. Look above the holes and you'll see a hole in the sky. Jump through it to find a rainbow road made of wires. Gear moving in a Tick Tock Clock esque area. SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE 2 written backwards on the wall. Approach wall turn camera around and push it through the wall. See a SMS2 arcade machine with 80s graphics sitting in an arcade.
>>
>>343211691
>Nintendo is so far behind that they just now reached the "Open World" meme
>>
Before imagining hypothetical sequels, I'd like to see the original SMS given an open-world makeover. Everything basically the same, but you access the levels by traveling there yourself. When a level is completed, you don't reset to the plaza; Instead the region transitions to be ready for the next level puzzle. Freely leave an incomplete area, play elsewhere, and then return to basically where you left off.
>>
>>343213593
The same as Sunshine.... The levels were still pretty open-ended for a platformer.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (131 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
131 KB, 1920x1080
>>343211691
I'd only play it if this motherfucker was absent.
>>
>>343219140
just go on the tail when it rotates
it wasn't THAT bad
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.