[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vermintide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: vermintide.jpg (344 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
vermintide.jpg
344 KB, 1080x1080
I've heard Vermintide is grind-heavy. Is that true? Is it fun anyway?
>>
>>343180134
It's a Fatshark game, that means it should be avoided at all costs. All their games follow the exact same pattern:

>Multiplayer-only game is released, it's okay but it needs some work
>Devs promise frequent updates
>Devs break all their promises and don't do shit
>Game dies quickly
>>
It's a bit grindy, yes. Similar to Payday 2, but not as bad.

It's really fun with friends.
>>
File: Spurdo dorf.png (78 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo dorf.png
78 KB, 853x543
Grindy if you want the best stuff and perks. Combat is fun.
>>
>>343180134
It was at the beginning. They added more systems to let you manage it better such as rerolling the abilities and percentages on weapons but it can be RNG. Its a much better alternative than having to obtain a whole new weapon to reroll them though.

Also being able to use salvage tokens to upgrade weapon tiers with fusion is a godsend so that even complete shitters can eventually get high tier weapons. Instead of throwing in 5 weapons of the same tier, you can put in less than five and pay the deficit in tokens. This lets you easily control exactly which weapon you get from fusion instead of it being random between the different weapon types of the 5 you put in.

My main complaint is that I want to be able to pick an item below the roll I got. Sometimes the thing I really want is below the one I actually get.
>>
>>343180134
I played it on release. Basically everyone would play the first level because everyone knew where all the tomes are(items that lower max health for the whole team but give you a chance of getting a higher item quality if you win the match ). This basically made it hard to play any other map or even progress because everyone did the same map over and over. People who had better groups would play on higher difficulty, which would further increase the chance of getting a better quality item.

There was a glitch to hide on a plank where you are almost unreachable and just hit the skaven below you. Then they fixed this so people would bunch up in a tiny room with one guy sacrificing himself. Community murdered the game in it's infancy. No idea what happened since then but some other maps were really fun, and the game is solid fun.
>>
>>343180950
So unless you are playing with friends, you can only really play the starting map?
>>
Why is L4D the only game in this genre that thrives?
>>
>you can only get the glavie and repeater crossbow on the new maps
>and only on the end of level loot table
>>
>>343181939
>mfw Vermintide is better than L4D in every way but it's so poorly optimized that people don't play it

Feels bad man
>>
File: 84 hours of EXPLOITS.png (50 KB, 408x105) Image search: [Google]
84 hours of EXPLOITS.png
50 KB, 408x105
>>343180950
Some of my favorite exploits include a map in the lost graveyard garden place, standing on certain pillars to clip out the map, trigger the ending area and sprint towards the finish. Easy Cataclysm runs, 7 grey dice in 5 minutes.

White Rat Cata was great, by climbing up on some roofs and clipping out of bounds, speedrunning to the end. You didn't even need to kill a single rat! 6 greys, and a free grim.

Can't forget Black Powder, a classic. By climbing up a ladder halfway, every rat on the map will pile up underneathe the climber and everyone can safely acquire the barrels to leave. 7 greys, 3 minutes.

I'm decked out in 12 oranges for every character thanks to farming exploits. It doesn't help people git gud, but I can ease the burden of morons.
>>
File: 1464180016637.png (38 KB, 179x181) Image search: [Google]
1464180016637.png
38 KB, 179x181
>>343182145
I would be a lot happier if it was just the DLC needed and you could get them on any level.

>>343183308
>White Rat Cata was great, by climbing up on some roofs and clipping out of bounds, speedrunning to the end. You didn't even need to kill a single rat! 6 greys, and a free grim.
Never heard of that one.
Also the blackpowder in Castle Drachenfels made the statue bit a easier.
>>
>>343183462
Yeah, if it still worked I'd make a webm out of it. You'd head to where the Grimoire is, then clamber around the broken building, across the windowsill, and through the roof.

By spamming jump you can ramp up over one room, through another, and right out of bounds. There was apparently an easier method I never learned, by going from the room to on top of the invisible walls, but it did functionally the same thing as just going straight out and taking some falling damage.

After that, just head straight to the tower and spam jump to escape through some invisible walls around the tower (careful, you can easily fall into the labyrinthine abyss of the forever), Head to the far side of the tower, and walk right in on the 3rd floor next to the grate, and the only rats you need to kill are the pre-spawned ones that die in a hit because the game doesn't have the trigger to spawn more rats. They just spawn and die instantly, creating magic corpses everywhere. From there, just smash the pillers, bomb the 2nd floor, free grim/greys. Even better if you find a skaven dice in one of the free chests.

With experience, 7 minutes tops AND you can just solo it if you want. I have so many fucking hats while I hunted a Blaze Sword for BW, but what'll ya do.
>>
File: 1464037657805.png (6 KB, 252x243) Image search: [Google]
1464037657805.png
6 KB, 252x243
I feel like they are squandering the potential of the game, slow update and content and terrible loot system fucks it up.

I can understand that they are a small studio and wanna do things in their own pace but the community is almost dead by now.
>>
It all clicks once you work out the timing of certain weapons, like the longsword's heavy attack and recognise the rats' animations, like which ones they can't stagger out of but can't do anything during either, or when they're going to do a running attack.

The banter between the characters makes it, with the fifth character adding variety to that whether or not they're in the party. I just wish there was more of it done for the DLC, which only has a couple of tips and generic observations about the environment.
>>
>>343184095
Neat.
>>
>>343182394
This. It's a lot more fun than L4D. Also the banter is some of the best I've ever seen in a game.
>>
>>343185130
What's the matter, lumberfoots, can't keep up the pace?
>>
The game is fffffffucking dead, that's all you need to know.

It was fun, but now it takes upwards of five minutes to find a game.
>>
File: N1viY8S.png (224 KB, 365x301) Image search: [Google]
N1viY8S.png
224 KB, 365x301
>>343185713

>Bardin makes fun but not too insulting nicknames for everyone
>consider them friends even though they just recently met
>gets sad and angry when one of the others die even the elf
>meanwhile Kerillian just mocks people when they are dying and laugh when they die

Never trust them.
>>
>>343181614
After you clear the others once in nightmare/cata there's no point beside farming the starting map and the other one which I don't remember the name for loot.
>>
Shit game, runs like dogshit, dead as fuck, only good with friends, worse combat than Skyrim, unfairly hard on anything above Hard
>>
>>343185873
And then when they're back at the tavern she bawls her eyes out in her room
>>
>>343185905
>runs like dogshit
u wot? i can run it on high at 60fps on a budget gaming laptop from 2011
>>
>>343180134

The grind is the game, which in the end means that it is more tedious than varied all in all.

The worst thing about the game was the release, it lacked all polish, it had no well thought out loot system, and didn't have too much content either (which is still true even if it has more now).

Now most of that has been fixed, the game runs fine though bugs still happen, it has more content than before and now it has a loot system that does not actually need you to sacrifice your life to satan to get good items.

Positive you can play all DLC without buying, you just can't host.
In the EU I always have people to play with and hosting, even if the game is pretty low on players altogether.

Still haven't gotten any of the new weapons yet, elf axe looked badass though.

Honestly - for its current price the game is a great buy, extremely so if you'll be playing it with your friends, but even alone I put in 100h+.
>>
>>343180134
Its massive wasted potential and fairly dead
>>
>>343180950
>>Basically everyone would play the first level

Fucking this, so much money for being able to play 1 level and steam denied my refund request
>>
>put in an item system but wanted it so 'the items were not important so it was a nice little thing but wasnt needed for higher difficulties'
>entirely fucking missed the mark and made them absolutely critical for higher difficulties, meaning all people do is grind the one FOTM mission for getting more items as well as it being the only form of progress so its all people care about after playing all the missions once
>didnt implement any system so people could play different missions and still get items better than grinding 1 mission, didnt say fuck it and make the other weapons interesting or different (only the bright wizard succeeds at this, everyone else is a reskin), every update to the item system was half asses
>didnt implement mutagen modes
Mainly im pissed they picked nothing but boring ass humans to play as and none of the more interesting races, but the above didnt help one bit.
>>
>>343187341

Theres nothing really stopping you from playing the rest, this might've been true on release but at this point its the player's fault if he is only playing Magnus
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.