[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alan Wake - Worth A Buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Alan Wake.jpg (23 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Alan Wake.jpg
23 KB, 460x215
This game is currently on sale. Is it worth buying? I love Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Not sure if it's anything like that.

Also, is this more of an action-packed game or is it more of a walking simulator/exploration type game with some action thrown in?
>>
Just buy it
>>
>>343170575
Its more about the story than the combat, which has massive issues . Nevertheless its a wonderful game you should buy
>>
>>343170575
Its not known for its gameplay.

Only buy it if you like its story. Its a psychological thriller about a writer who loses his wife.
>>
The gameplay is good in concept, simple but satisfying. The problem is that there's almost zero variety, you will be shooting at the same lumberjacks for the 10+ hours the game will run for. And yes, there's a lot of shooting.

The real hook of the game is the atmosphere and the writing that's heavily inspired by Stephen King.
>>
>>343170575
if you dont like twin peaks or twilight zone then dont get it. gameplay is not bad just very repetitive.
>>
>>343170918
>gameplay is good in concept, simple but satisfying

are you kidding me? it's literally bullet sponge or light sponge. it's tedious as shit after the 3rd mob.
>>
>>343170575
If you like good stories than definitely worth it, it's one of my favourite games. Generally it's more action-packed with segments focused more on walking and talking with people. However, if you're simply looking for a monster shooting simulator than there are probably better choices. The fighting and action in Alan Wake is solid, but the best thing is still the story and if you won't read the notes you find, carefully listen to dialogues and explore side areas you won't understand shit of what's going on.
>>
>>343171026
You do know you can intensify the flashlight to burn away the shadow thing in a second, right?
>>
I somehow well in love with this game, is there any similar games with Stephen King themes like something wrong in little town? Something else than SH?
>>
Yeah it is amazing. Ignore what the retard haters say. They are fucking idiots.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.