[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any other games that handle horror and spoops like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
Are there any other games that handle horror and spoops like pic related? Picking up the second game in the steam sale, and maybe getting the third.

Also spooky games thread.
>>
>>343164734
Second game is a dumbed down console port. It's not awful, but man, is it a step down in so many areas.

The third game is trash.
>>
I wouldn't recommend playing past the first and its expansions.
>>
>>343165239
>>343165313
Are they really that bad? Without spoiling anything what makes them worse than the first?
>>
>>343164734
Don't get the third, it's utter shit that completely destroys the story and gameplay of the series. It's basically CoD with a light horror skin on top, and doesn't hold any of the atmosphere or scares the first game has.
>>
I just pretend that the sequels don't exist, they're all fucking terrible
>>
>>343165397
Things 2 did well:
>more enemy variety
>more gun variety
>better level variety
>better graphics

Things it didn't do so well:
>QTEs
>removed leaning
>save system replaced with checkpoints
>very obviously built with consoles in mind
>the enemies they did add are annoying as fuck
>AI dumbed down
>>
>>343165709
>QTEs

Well fuck that just about ruins it then.
>>
>>343165397
The third game was build for co-op play. Anytime you kill enemies you get points and killstreaks and shit, since it's meant to be a contest between you and your co-op partner.

The collectable recordings and laptop files and stuff from the first game that expand on the story are replaced with collectable that don't offer any story and exist solely to be collected.

There's a lot of over the top action scenes where you have to battle soldiers with psychic super powers and pilot a mech across a bridge while everything explodes and other similar shit.

One of the early levels has you running through some generic middle eastern village during the middle of the day with rock music playing in the background.
>>
>>343165805
They're not especially frequent, it'll just be
>mash E not to get raeped by spooky ghosts
>>
>>343165936
>FEAR2
>not to get raeped by spooky ghosts
Good luck with that
>>
>>343165936
That's not so bad I suppose, may get it then.

>>343165927
Yeah I went ahead and dropped the third game. If anything I'll just read the story
>>
>>343164734
don't bother with the FEAR 2 &3. Just get the expansion packs.

then, get the Underhell: Chapter 1 mod for HL2
>>
>>343165709
>better graphics
dumbed down lighting, less environmental interactions, LQ particles and bullet holes, and locked 16:9 + film grain. Dunno if that's exactly "better"
>>
fear2 isnt as bad as everyone is memeing about.
You can feel how it was built for consoles but thats the worst of it.

Fear3 is utter garbage though, just stay the fuck away.
>>
>>343164734
The game is not even scary, there are few jumpscares but that's just it.
>>
>>343164734
>horror and spoops

You're spooped and horrified of shotgunning people and having your mum become a creepy loli for you and then later on make babies with you?
>>
>>343168682
Better character models though - the one thing that ages FEAR 1 the most.
>>
>>343164734
>second and third
They're absolute shit, don't even bother
>>
>>343169325

No really, you fags should be straight up honest about this:

Let's assume you're some kind of supersoldier, would you be spooped if your hawt mum became a loli for you and played hide and seek and then she gave you her pussy?
>>
>>343165709
shotguns are absolutely shit tier
and then they had the gall to add another shotgun that's even worse than the regular version
>>
File: thumb.jpg (9 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
9 KB, 240x200
>>343169325
>>343169765

you play as different guy in 2nd game
>>
>>343165239
Well, I wouldn't call the third game utter trash, but it's something like a dream Uwe Boll had about the original. It's still somewhat fun gameplay wise, but the story and athmosphere are way too basic, cheesy and uninspiredly predictable. There is none of the... flair and spirit the first one had.

Definitely worth a playthrough though.
>>
>>343164734
> Are there any other games that handle horror and spoops like pic related
What, poorly? Yeah, most games
>>
FEAR 2 was shit, don't let anyone here tell you otherwise
>>
The second game is still a pretty good horror FPS, but is a little bit slower than the first game.

DO NOT BUY THE THIRD GAME.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.