[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silent Hill thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 3nvkkty[1].jpg (888 KB, 1300x3170) Image search: [Google]
3nvkkty[1].jpg
888 KB, 1300x3170
How do we make Silent Hill great again?
>>
Konami doesn't make games anymore
>>
File: SH PC Guide - Jan 2016_SML.png (2 MB, 1300x3453) Image search: [Google]
SH PC Guide - Jan 2016_SML.png
2 MB, 1300x3453
>>343158572
That guide's ancient, bro.
Here, grab this latest, 2016 version.

Here's the DL links:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
>>
>>343160820
here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
-Pete's OpenGL 1.78; (more options & better performance than 2.x version)
-Eternal's SPU Engine.

alternatively just use a software renderer for very 1:1 PS1-like graphics, including 240p only.
...OR just buy the game from PSN Store for few bucks.
>>
>>343160886
It annoys me that people are just skipping SH1 when they start playing the series for the first time. I know SH2 is considered to be the best by most SH fans, but that doesn't mean SH1 is optional garbage. I imagine it's mostly the younger gamers who can't stomach the older visuals, but they're really missing out on a great adventure.
>>
>>343158572
by posting more Heather
>>
>>343160820
Is SH1 NTSC a PS1 game or a remake of that game?
>>
>>343161695
fuck off
>>
File: sh1 1080p alt school door.jpg (463 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sh1 1080p alt school door.jpg
463 KB, 1920x1080
>>343161183
>It annoys me that people are just skipping SH1 when they start playing the series for the first time
Same here. SH1 is still my absolute favorite of the bunch, it's just so well designed and offers great atmosphere, pacing, best town design, and obviously it also is the starting point of everything in the series.

>I imagine it's mostly the younger gamers who can't stomach the older visuals,
Almost certainly, yeah. Which is fucking stupid, since the game represent some of the best 3D visuals and art-design on PS1. Not to mention the absolutely gorgeous audio work creates that haunting atmosphere.

Other reason why people might be skipping #1 is because SH2 is so over hyped everywhere, and you know how much kids these days love to skip as many games in series as possible to get to the "best" / latest title.

>>343161808
>Is SH1 NTSC a PS1 game or a remake of that game?
It's the USA version of the PS1 original SH1.
PAL is the European version.

There's no remake of SH1.
>>
>>343161897
>There's no remake of SH1.
Thanks, and before you go, is there a remake of any of the SH games?
>>
It's dead, OP. It's never coming back.
>>
File: ghghhg.jpg (23 KB, 218x276) Image search: [Google]
ghghhg.jpg
23 KB, 218x276
>>343161851
post Heather anon now
>>
>>343161897
>ThereĀ“s no remake of SH1
>What is Shattered Memories
>>
>>343162187
No.

there was that legendarily god awful "HD""Collection" on PS3/360, which you should avoid like plague
>>
>>343162639
a brand new, totally different game, only loosely based on the SH1.
The term used for it is "re-imagining",
>>
>>343162716
Thanks anon
>>
>>343158791
They do make games still, just not ones sold internationally.
>>
>>343163150
np, broski.
Good luck in the SH!

release order, Medium difficulty at least, lowered Brightness, and replaying the games multiple times is very recommended. Also, don't try to kill everything you see. Just leg it / turn off the light and walk quietly past enemies whenever possible.
>>
>>343158572
SH1-4 are still great, and in the end, that's all that matters.
>>
>>343163014
What did they call it during development again?
>>
>>343158572
>How do we make Silent Hill great again?
By turning it into a simulator. Lure people into the town and have them overcome their demons.
Construct buildings and apply upgrades.
Piece of cake.
>>
>>343165310
exactly that: re-imagining.
>>
>>343167710
>Lure people into the town and have them overcome their demons.
I just hate how neo-SH(2) fans think that the town's some supernatural shrink session.
>>
>>343169938
Yeah, yeah, evil cultists want to give birth to a god.
Silent hill died at 2.
>>
I don't know how you guys play horror games, call me a little bitch but I just can't.

I started playing SH2 and even right at the beginning just walking through the game left me with this harrowing fear, everything just felt and looked so dark and deranged, it's immersive as fuck but it the game feels like it bring me into such a fucked up and dark world that I just can't handle it.

I wish I could play these games, they seem so cool.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.