[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Substance have any actual good extra content compared to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: MGS2S_NA_cover.jpg (102 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
MGS2S_NA_cover.jpg
102 KB, 640x908
Did Substance have any actual good extra content compared to Sons Of Liberty?
If you were to buy one today, which would you get?
>>
Camera.
Substance.
>>
>>343124440
sybstancety
>>
>>343124440
yeah it adds a lot of substance
>>
>>343124804
>Camera
Are you getting confused with MGS3 Subsistence, where they added controllable camera? Or did they do that in Substance as well without me knowing about it?
>>
>>343124440
>any actual good extra content compared to Sons Of Liberty
VR missions, snake tales (play as snake in the big shell) Skating and I think the americans got european extreme which they didn't have in the original.
It also added new guard animations, new guards in certain areas, new guard routines and tac team behaviours, also the dogtags were changed to fans names who got top rank and signed up online.
I think i prefered the original, and If I had to buy one now I would have buy the original, but at the time I sold loads of my old games just to get substance day one.
>>
>>343124440
skateboarding and the whole VR missions right?
MGS 2 VR missions are amazing.
>>
>>343125221
>>343125248
>If I had to buy one now I would have buy the original
From what you're saying, seems like there is no reason to get the original.
Does Snake tales reveal more story?
>>
>>343125490
Snake Tales is all non canon.

Just for fun.
>>
>>343124440
European Extreme
Rebalanced guards
Had Snake Tales but that shit is not canon and is just the Raiden Segments with Snake reskinned.
It had a demo for a shit skateboarding game that everyone loves for some reason.
But also a god tier VR mission mode.
>>
>>343125593
>new guard animations, new guards in certain areas, new guard routines and tac team behaviours
Does any of this make the main game better? I don't remember the old animations being bad
>>
>>343125490
>Does Snake tales reveal more story?
no they are like poorly written fan fiction.
I only say the original because VR and snake tales are just gimmicks to me. they make the game feel more bloated.
also the skating isn't in the HD remake too.
if you like VR or have a boner about being able to control snake instead of raiden then substance over the original.
>>
They made the shaver only available for Hard difficulties for some reason
>>
>>343125736
>Does any of this make the main game better? I don't remember the old animations being bad
all this really did, and I am speaking from experience of someone whe knew every guard and routine, it messed up my ability to control situations or run through the game as quick as I had been doing.
it added a few new guards in certain places, some new routes guards took and the things they did.
the tac team upgrade was the best though, they behaved differently and did stuff like roll out the way of grenades. which they didn't do in the original.
tbqh it was all subtle and you would only notice if you had played the original to death.
>>
>>343124440
Substance had different thermal goggles, VR missions and Snake Tales
The missions are kinda fun but the ones with MGS1 Snake can be really frustrating especially the one where you're supposed to cover Meryl
>>
>>343126210
Is this MGS6?
>>
>>343124440

Substance had over 300 be missions (with characters who were never playable in the original) new guards and animations, snake tales, a boss rush mode, a cutscene editor, and a fucking skateboarding mini game, if they are anywhere near similarly priced you definitely need to get substance. I don't understand the fuckers in this thread saying all that then saying 'but I'd get the original' they must be retarded.

Get substance OP it is much better, I couldn't resist replying to this after reading the replies
>>
Is the HD remake not substance? So I'm missing all this cool shit?
>>
>>343126391
>Substance had different thermal goggles
forgot about this they were infa red in the original and thermals in substance.
the original made NVG more useful than thermals.
though I preferred the originals

>>343126557
>Is the HD remake not substance?
yes it is substance only thing that is taken out is the skating for licensing issues.
>>
>>343124440
it added additional load times to codecs
>>
>>343126450

Cont.

There is even a snake tale which is an alternate telling of mgs2. A version of the world where snake and meryl got married and divorced, at the end you have to fight meryl and during the mission you even get to wear mgs1 snakes clothes, I thought it was the best part of the full game. Get fucking substance OP or better yet et the had version, every HD MGS2 is substance
>>
>>343126754

Load times on codex? What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>343126450
>I don't understand the fuckers in this thread saying all that then saying 'but I'd get the original' they must be retarded.
i'm probably the only one who has said I prefer the original over substance.
I had more fun in the original than I did in substance, maybe becuase of over playing it but the original did feel different to me.

as of now all the VR, snke tales and boss rush etc is just added tacked on crap to me and the main game is all I would play, I would prefer the original over substance.
I have substance anyway.
>>
>>343126975
you know when you get a codec call in substance or HD, and once you're on the codec screen it hitches for a couple seconds and then initiates the call? it wasn't that way in the original 2001 release

something about dual layering
>>
>>343127196
that's interesting to know. Also didn;t the hd ps3/360 version have some issue with the analog control?
>>
>>343127905
yeah, the 360 doesn't have pressure-sensitive buttons so instead you click in left stick to holster your weapon

considering how dodgy the sensitive buttons can be, i don't mind that compromise
>>
>>343128385
shit I didnt know that I actyually own the 360 and PS3 HD versions but only bought 360 for coop PW.
you have to hold square slightly to aim your gun and let go without shooting.
so no holding guards up with anything but the tranq in the 360 version.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.