[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was there really anything wrong with Saints Row 3? I get that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12
File: Crusader_SRTT_STAG_front.jpg (157 KB, 977x505) Image search: [Google]
Crusader_SRTT_STAG_front.jpg
157 KB, 977x505
Was there really anything wrong with Saints Row 3? I get that it was a drastic change in tone compared to 2, but I thought it was great fun.
>>
its alright for a playthrough

anything with bouncy tits gets some extra points
>>
No replaying missions without starting a new save.

That's really about all I can think off of the top of my head without trying to compare it to 2 which I don't think is fair since they were trying to change things up for 3.
>>
Nope other than the city being shittier than stillwater. 4 is a lot better though.
>>
>>343123352
I liked 3 more than 4. Boss in space was too zany.
>>
It's ok. Just not as good as GTA.
>>
>>343122430
>>343122430
There's nothing wrong with 3, I don't think. Having played both for quite some time, I've found that 3 runs and plays more smoothly but 2 is better and has more interesting content. They're both definitely worth playing imo
>>
i am probably the only one who likes 3 over 4
>>
>>343122430

Been awhile since I played it, but it was decently fun, especially with a friend. Had some good scenes like parachuting on to the highrise while Power plays. I played a bit through SRIV, it started off pretty good, but got kind of meh part way through and I never finished.
>>
>LMFAO XDDD ITS FUNNY CUZ HES KILLIN' THEM WITH A DILDO LUH MOWWWW
>>
>>343124458
This isn't the GTA San Andreas thread
>>
File: 206420_2015-01-30_00135.jpg (339 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
206420_2015-01-30_00135.jpg
339 KB, 1920x1080
3 and 4 are both very mechanically sound games.
3 just gets a lot of shit because it's not 2 and because the the story was a hackjob that was too wacky for its own good.

You could also make top-tier thick waifus.
>>
>>343124458
Be honest, did you post this just to get this (You) or do you actually get triggered by humor and "memes"?
>>
>>343124553
If you like torpedo tits then yeah I suppose that's true. Personally though, I'm not a fan.
>>
>>343122430

it's fun as fuck. Especially the gun play. Dual wielding maxed out desert eagles was satisfying as fuck. I liked IV, but 3 was better. 2>3>4>1
>>
4 is incredibly lazy.

Like 90% recycled content.
>>
>>343122430
Didn't THQ die? Source code when?
>>
>>343125169
They ded but volition and associated properties got bought by nate silver.
>>
3 felt too "bargain bin". Saint's Row always had that type of charm to it, but 3 just felt rushed and actually cheap. The wacky elements and jokes just weren't executed right. It's not horrible, but I don't particularly want to go back and play it again.
>>
It was ok.

I just thought they went a bit too far in the silly direction and it felt like a good chunk of the story was told off screen.

The saints lost so much of their edginess that they don't even feel like a gang anymore. I miss the over the top shit coming from how big a fucking psychopath the boss is. I haven't played 2 in years but I can still remember gat burying ryoji alive and tricking the skin head gang's leader into killing his girlfriend because he dared to offer you a bad deal.
>>
File: 2015_02_01_19_52_16.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2015_02_01_19_52_16.webm
1 MB, 640x480
SR3 was the first saints row I've ever played, and since then I played every SR game and beat most of them
SR2>SR4>SR1>>SR3>shit>GOOH
the reason SR3 is bad is because it's literally worse than 2 in EVERY SINGLE FUCKING WAY but it looks more appealing because of the new engine, SR4 fixed most problems while adding shit that's even worse but no one seems to notice
>>
>>343122430
It lacks the small details that Saints Row 2 had. The gangs didn't feel threatening

And the weapon upgrades are shit
>>
>>343125679
>big a fucking psychopath the boss is
Yeah, I love his attitude. Fullblown asshole MC feels like a neat change of pace
>>
I liked that playing almost exclusively as a punch the shit out of everything character actually worked.

That and dreadlocks having hair physics made for some easy amusement.

>playing as a pale red haired cockney thug in a suit with giant dreadlocks punching the shit out of literally everything even when it really would have been more appropriate to use guns
>>
File: 2015_02_04_00_56_50.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2015_02_04_00_56_50.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>
It's fine for a playthrough, but after that you ask why bother doing it a second time.
>>
>>343122430
Saints Row 3 is a pretty good game, not great, but I had a lot of fun with it, it has memorable missions, sky diving, sky diving with a tank, skyscraper diving a giant metal counterweight ball onto some French twat, good soundtrack too, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJrmm5P5WSw
Saints Row 3 just feels like it's trying way too hard, it's a meme game basically, and the city of Steelport is pretty shit though, compared to Stilwater, which is one of the best cities ever, with almost every type of district you could want, all greatly designed. Saints Row 2 itself is just a great game. As a whole it's very memorable and infinitely fun and I would sacrifice my wife's son for another Saints Row just like it.
>>
File: airplane.webm (2 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
airplane.webm
2 MB, 1360x768
>>
File: y-you're a genuine dicksucker.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
y-you're a genuine dicksucker.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
3 and 4 were both silly, but I feel like 4 knew how to do smart stupid humor.
>>
>>343126212
Same here.
Shame SR4 removed the combos/finisher moves
>>
File: the machine hungers.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
the machine hungers.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>
>>343126601

Godspeed physics plane
>>
File: 206420_2015-10-29_00003.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
206420_2015-10-29_00003.png
2 MB, 1600x900
4's superpowers were really fun. more fun than they should be. overall the game was good, and definitely had a better idea of what it wanted to be compared to 3, which dabbled a bit into both wacky and more traditional gta clone

but both were good
>>
File: 1466828671948.png (534 KB, 1156x999) Image search: [Google]
1466828671948.png
534 KB, 1156x999
is saints row 4 century edition worth 9.99? I am considering buying it since it includes all dlc including the santa one.
>>
>>343122430
It was my favorite by far, perfect dose of crazy.
>>
>>343128772

base game is 3.75 on amazon.
>>
>playing saints row 3
>escalate police attacks until they send in tanks
>take over a tank and blow the shit out of everything for an hour
>they stop sending police
is this a bug or just normal?
>>
>>343128772
The DLCs break the game (even more)
>>
File: 1464448727050.png (814 KB, 604x717) Image search: [Google]
1464448727050.png
814 KB, 604x717
>>343129167
3.74 for base game on steam atm
>>343129265
>implying you can break a cluster fuck
>>
>>343129265
Can't you disable.the dlcs?
>>
>>343129236

The police and various gangs would just seem to give up after a while. Which sucked because I loved sparking Gang/Police wars in the streets and just watching the mayhem erupt. I would often call in a Homie or two and see if I could keep them alive during the entire battle.
>>
>>343128363

My one gripe with 4 was that you had so very little you could do for combat once airborne. You had a single energy blast and later on the ground pound but all your guns you had to be on your feet.
>>
>>343124458
I thought the japanese basketball commercial or whatever was pretty funny
>>
3/4's driving and shooting feel a little too squeaky and smooth. I don't think that's an accurate way of describing it, but it's just so "vanilla", it's not very engaging. SR2's mechanics were comparatively garbage and yet I'd still rather spend forty hours with those than with 3/4's.

Also, 4's only an enjoyable game if 3 didn't end up making you stick to your stomach by the time you were done with it.
>>
For an open world game it was short as hell. I only have 16 hours played on it and that's doing all the DLC missions too.
>>
Saints Row 3 is pretty great. I get the arguments fans of 2 make, but as someone who wasnt too into that game, I felt like 3 was an improvement.

4 was pretty thin but the movement was fun enough that I didnt care that much. Lot less replayable than 3 tho
>>
3 felt very cheaply put together. The way the missions flowed and the way scenes would screen wipe and teleport you around. It felt like a low budget game.
I like the game a lot anyway and thought it was pretty fresh at the time, but revisiting the style in 4 did nothing for me.
No mission replay was criminal.
>>
I knew Saint's Row was over for me when they killed Gat off-screen.
>>
>>343131685
>he doesn't know
>>
>>343131685
Lol. Play SR4
>>
>>343131685
>when they killed Gat off-screen.

You know, I only played 2, 3 and a little bit of 4, so I may not be the best candidate to be talking about this, but after Gat gets killed the games seem to develop this out of nowhere obsession with him, with all of that "do it for him" and "Johnny would've loved this" shit and force it down the player's throat and it annoys the fuck out of me.

Like, fuck, at least say some more shit about Carlos, or something.
>>
>>343131685
He get's "revived" in SR4
>>
wait I'm confused. Saints Row 4: Re-elected is just Saints Row 4 "remastered" for next generation?
>>
>>343132054
>>343132243
>>343132378
I know that shit, not like they didn't bring him back before as a literal retard Hulk who's earliest memory is Aisha fucking dying. Then just killing him off-screen just basically told me "we don't care about those old games we got a new audience now"

>>343132374
That too was fucking obnoxious, your own character barely gives a rat's ass to go get revenge while Shaundi suddenly has a death boner.
>>
>>343132850
There are plenty of nostalgia trips and references in 4 though so you're wrong.
>>
>>343133026
Only cause they realised they dropped the ball.
>>
>>343133026
Wow muh nostalgia and references thats what made SR2 great
>>
I made a fucking list years ago.

-The bland, boring sandbox that offers little to do, and even less to see.
-Theres very, VERY few easter eggs or secrets, or even enter-able buildings.
-Most of the areas feel very samey, and each type of shop (planet saints, friendly fire, etc) is just copy-pasted.
-Theres not much you can do to change how the city looks, as much as they hyped that before games release.
-About 30-40% of the missions are either forced acitivities, cutscenes or even a simple phone call.
-Johnny Gat, one of the fan-favourite characters, is killed off off-screen, in the 2nd mission of the game, with little fan-fare or drama. Nobody seems to give a shit, not even the protagonist (who was his bro) except Shaundi and...
-Shaundi is probably the worst character in the game. Shes pretty much the antithesis of the game and series. Shes whiny and bitchy and moany and pissed off all the time. Its a complete 180 from her personality from SR2, and she just drags the game down every time shes on-screen
-The story is a garbled mess of shit. The only interesting antagonist is killed off 1/3 into the game, and replaced by some guy who really doesn't do anything to make himself interesting as an antagonist. Some characters (Josh berk, Zimos, Angel) barel play any role in the story, and some still simply disappear from the plot.
-There's an egregious focus on being ridicuously over-the-top in a desperate bid to be as "anti-GTA" as possible. There's only like 1-2 point(s) in the game where it gets at all serious, and those are very short lived. GTA 4, which gets flak for being "too serious", managed a better balance between humour and drama than SR3 did.
-The customization overall has taken a step back from SR2, especially in the clothing department. While clothes look better, there's no longer any clothe layering, clothe options or styles, logos, or even wear options. There's not even any belt or sock options! What the fuck!?
>>
>>343133216

-Irritatingly enough, several vehicles (including PAID DLC ones) have their customization options arbitrarily locked, and can only be accessed through a glitch.
-Speaking of the DLC, the majority of the DLC (~57%) was already in the game upon release. The mission packs were shallow, overpriced and full of recycled material at best, and offensively awful at worst (Trouble with Clones).
-Missions and cutscenes can no longer be replayed, a staple from the previous entries.
-Stunningly, weapon and player upgrades CANNOT BE TURNED OFF. That means if you buy damage invulnerability upgrades, you're stuck with them unless you reload an earlier save. As well, the Bloodsucker "DLC" ability cannot be removed without deleting the DLC, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO IF YOU'RE ON STEAM (afaik)
-Almost every activity gives barely any kind of reward, if they do at all. The only activity that gives an at all substantial reward is Cyberblazing, which gives you the Wraith and X-2 Phantom.
-There's also far fewer activites and diversions, and no introductory cutscenes for most of them. I'll let their respective pages speak for themselves:
http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Activities_in_Saints_Row_2
http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Diversions_in_Saints_Row_2
http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Activities_and_Diversions_in_Saints_Row:_The_Third
-Similarly, the collectibles in the game are entirely worthless (outside of trophies/achievements, if you care at all). There are no substantial rewards for collecting any or all of them, and they give piss poor amounts of money (1k per, 2k for each 5th in a set)
-There's no dynamic day/night cycle, a standard made back in AT LEAST 2001 with GTA 3, and was part of SR1 and 2.
>>
>>343133367

-The Saints Row website is an awful, buggy as fuck, unintuitive mess, and an absolute pain in the ass to try and sift through. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but since character sharing is done through the website, it means you need to go through that shit whenever you want to upload/download characters. Also, the character search function was only recently added, ALMOST A YEAR AFTER THE GAME'S RELEASE.
-There are barely any melee weapons. There are 6 total, and 3 of them (bat, dildo bat, nocturne) are functionally the same, meaning there's really only 4 melee weapons. Look back at SR2, which had 12 melee weapons, at least 7 of which were unique.
-The ability to pick up and use improvised weaponry (like parking signs, fire hydrants, bottles, bricks, etc) is gone.
-The fucking tutorial pop-ups that take up a chunk of your screen and NEVER STOP APPEARING

It's thoroughly mediocre at best
>>
>>343133216
>>343133367
>>343133470
I couldn't have summed it up better myself, although it seems longer than I remember.
You should add that an entire section of the map becomes even worse when it becomes infested with zombies because LOL
>>
+ Stable PC Release
+ More Ambitious Setpieces and Scenario Design

+/- Art Style Change

- Bad Characters
- Bad Sound
- Bad Soundtrack
- Worse Plot
- Worse Diversions
- Worse City
- Horrid Driving Physics
- Awful Humor
- Less Customization
- Hugely Downgraded Character Progression
- Worse Gun Upgrades
- Jewish DLC
- Inferior Mission Design
- Blatantly Unfinished
- Ends on a Pointless Anticlimax

It really gets my goat when people say SR3 is on the same level as SR2. It's really, really not.

SR4 is more tolerable because it allows you to ignore the awful driving with a decent Hulk: Ultimate Destruction esque combat and traversal system.
>>
>>343133216
>The story is a garbled mess of shit. The only interesting antagonist is killed off 1/3 into the game, and replaced by some guy who really doesn't do anything to make himself interesting as an antagonist.

This is what boggles my fucking mind. The only antagonist who has anything to do with the Saints actually being in Stillwater and antagonizing them is fucking crushed by a rock in his own building and literally everything follows is just dealing with his shitty henchmen and also a random-ass general who the game apparently thinks we should hate even though he's done fucking nothing in the game prior to the declaration of martial law.

Fucking hell, how do you have an antagonist named Killbane, who's a fucking luchadore mob boss, and somehow make him flavorless and stale?

HE'S A FUCKING LUCHADORE, HIS WHOLE THING IS BOMBAST AND THEATRE
>>
File: 55230_20160627200413_1.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
55230_20160627200413_1.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>343124553
Get on steam nigger.
>>
>>343136063
The Game Grump Ayy Lmao
>>
File: contemptful brown elf.png (565 KB, 942x918) Image search: [Google]
contemptful brown elf.png
565 KB, 942x918
>>343136256
Don't hate another man's waifu.
>>
>>343122430
No. It turned the series from a shitty GTA ripoff to something actually fun.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.