[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are now in charge of Nintendo's marketing team. First
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: NX.jpg (18 KB, 580x300) Image search: [Google]
NX.jpg
18 KB, 580x300
You are now in charge of Nintendo's marketing team. First job is to make a plan on marketing the NX. What do you? What audience do you target?
>>
I drop the NX and cancel the project, and ask the developers to continue to make wii u games so people who hacked the wii u can get them for free.
>>
Make a fucking normal console/controller that competes with the other 2 no matter how much the japs cry and tell me to make a dildo for a controller.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Completely and totally abandon the Wii brand and anything associated with it (including Miis).

Give the console a title that alludes to the NES and SNES. Nintendo has so much hipster cred that it refuses to cash in on it, give it a name that will make retrotards hard.

Make ads using the old mascots from the N64 commercials, nostalgiatards will be all over that and it has that "ironically bad" quality that people love these days.
>>
File: 1451275515888.jpg (82 KB, 1280x974) Image search: [Google]
1451275515888.jpg
82 KB, 1280x974
>>343113358

>Completely and totally abandon the Wii brand and anything associated with it

Yes.

>Including Miis

Why the fuck would they kill a cash cow so soon?

>Give the console a title that alludes to the NES and SNES. Nintendo has so much hipster cred that it refuses to cash in on it, give it a name that will make retrotards hard.

Yes.

>Make ads using the old mascots from the N64 commercials

Sure.

>Nostalgiatards will be all over that and it has that "ironically bad" quality that people love these days.

No idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>343112930
It's hard to do with what we know already(fucking nothing)
Still
>i'd keep the name NX
>Advertize as what it is, and show what it's capable of.
>prioritize on the games it will have, and use them as the primal selling point(aside from the new gimmick)

> if it get's third parties, advertize them aswell in a simple fashion like
" with the new nintendo NX you'll get the Nintendo games you love plus this great franchises ( insert fifa, madeen, COD, BF, etc), all in th same system! You'll get the definitive entertainment center with the NX!
>>
>>343112930

Do nothing until 3 months before, while still releasing small "leaks" to the internet.

Before implement it a concept, leak it and see the reactions.

Keep it secret so people get hyped about my console.
>>
>>343112930
Cancel the NX and exit game development.
Focus Nintendo on smartphone games and licensing its IPs to other companies, anyone not working on that its fired.
>>
>>343112930
I target the kid audience because it's been working so far and we make enough profit.

Why change what isn't broken?
>>
File: 1458999274619.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1458999274619.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>343114173
>with the exception of the Wii, literally every console has solid less than its predecessor
>not broken
>>
I think they're doing a pretty good job with that arleady.

>logo is now back to being red
>Moffit says "Go buy Wii U for it's current decent line up of software while you can!"
>3DS, Wii U and likely NX will continue to have Miiverse which is actively used by fans
>partnership with DeNA nearly ensures that they'll get online infrastructure right this time

Next couple of steps they need to take in my opinion for the console to be successful are:

>secure exclusives / timed exclusives people would be interested in or create buzz on your platform

See Bayonetta 2 for this. Monster Hunter 5 would be a pretty big deal for the Japanese Market at least.

>allow people who've purchased VC on your previous consoles to download said VC on NX without charging a dumb $1 fee for savestates

Sony and Microsoft both offer cross-buy as a a feature now with Microsoft including retail games to PC digital cross-buy, it's time Nintendo start owning to that instead of selling Mario Bros 3 for $6 for the 4th time digitally.

There's are just a few suggestions.
>>
>>343112930
All marketing is now handled from NCL

Switch back to red logo from that awful grey on white thing

NoA no longer to market exclusively for kids, push Nintendo as a brand for every demographic

Stop releasing bland play by play trailers/ads. They don't work. Nintendo now release flashy CG trailers/ads designed to hype

Announce a My Nintendo scheme where everyone that has My Nintendo gets 100 gold coins to celebrate the launch of NX. These gold coins can be used for a one off code to get 10% off the NX console in certain retailers, or towards a game for the NX. The NX lineup will feature discounts for every NX launch game

NX receives a viral marketing campaign wherein the Nintendo label isn't shown for the first few weeks. Ends with a tagline "Nintendo. There's no play like it."
>>
>>343112930
>Distance from Wii name
>Target the CoD casual, but show enough 1st party to support current fans
>Promote how our Online is Free
>given is a cartridge based and wont need installation. Make a commercial:
Plug>Insert>Play,
Plug>Insert>Install>grab a meal> Read a book>Not enough space to install Game> Frustrate

Just to Burn Sony and Microsoft
>>
File: 1460505441228.jpg (80 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1460505441228.jpg
80 KB, 919x720
>>343112930
Completely exit the home console business. Sony's already got that sewn up, so why try to beat against the wall?

Lay low and focus on shoring up handheld and smartphone options while planning a slow, but steady transition strategy from video games entirely into something more profitable.
>>
>>343114597
They already have the red logo.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/looks_like_nintendos_familiar_red_and_white_branding_is_back_for_good

That new slogan has already been started by them too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJfqiaZvss
>>
>>343114956
>Just to Burn Sony and Microsoft
Kek. Wish any one of them would try to burn the other more often
>>
>>343112930
>What do you do
Quit immediately.
>>
>>343115327
currently both console are soo similar and both companies play the same cards so often they cant burn each other. Sony did on E3 cause he bailed out last minute from the "non used games" Plan.

Nintendo is the only oddball that can play the burn card
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.