[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanted to buy pic related on the Steam sale since it has finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Logo_n.png (76 KB, 1067x357) Image search: [Google]
Logo_n.png
76 KB, 1067x357
I wanted to buy pic related on the Steam sale since it has finally come out of Early Access, but I've heard it's pretty much gone to shit since then and became a dying simulator with artificial difficulty (inb4 Dark Souls jokes), shitty RNG, and tons of redundant grinding. Is it true? If yes, what similar but more forgiving game would you recommend for me to play instead?
>>
first off stop bumping your shitty thread
second off all the people complaining about "muh artificial difficulty" are people who found game breaking strategies in early access and got mad that the developer patched them
>>
>>343110219
Third off, shut the fuck up and let people who actually want to be helpful reply to me instead of wasting my time with your worthless existence.
>>
>>343107990
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Buwei6ZWqU
>>
I'm still playing it. Worth it on sale if you sink at least 25-30 hours into it, can easily put in more.
>>
Not worth it, if you've got even half a brain you'll work out one of the winning strategies in the first 6 hours and the rest of the time you spend playing will be just executing that strategy over and over again being set back a few hours worth of grind for every bad roll.

It relies on the "Lol our game is challenging hardcore" marketing but it's absolutely brainless and just rapes you with RNG at random intervals.
>>
You can't bump your own thread fag

Concerning your question, I have found it to be quite enjoyable. Very unforgiving, and while the RNG can become incredibly frustrating, it is as in every game that features RNG, the key is in to minimize your reliance on it.

That being said it can get grindy and progress can become really slow if you don't know what you are doing. There used to be game-breaking strategies like >>343110219
said (Mainly Man-at-arms riposte and his guard ability) but those got nerfed
>>
>>343107990
>June '16
>Expecting from anyone to give a fuck about Dankest Dungeon anymore
It was a meme game and it's just a horrid grind for the sake of it. The game would be in fact better if you had to clear each area once instead of doing it ad nauseam. Beating the same boss over and over is simply not fun at all.
>>
File: 1463672808488.png (643 KB, 782x1440) Image search: [Google]
1463672808488.png
643 KB, 782x1440
>>343107990
Whoa, Hey, everybody get a load of this fucking faggot.

Look summer sam, if you need this much fucking advice on if you should get the game your ass is gonna be plenty fucking sore form the pounding itll give you.

Why not pick up Barbie Horse Adventure instead, seems more your speed.
>>
It should just change the name into Grindiest Grind. You grind for the sake of it, because all tactical depth boils down to few sure-fire moves and everything else sucking balls so hard there is no point even trying, so after first two hours you know all you that is to know and steam-rolling over mobs. You keep fighting against the same enemies over and over and over and over and OVER again. You need to grind more to unlock more grind so you can later have hard time grinding to beat final dungeon four times, each time with new crew, because grind is the only content this "game" has.

Darkest Dungeon and Sunless Sea can't be even called games due to the extensive grinding you need to do in each of them for no real point or pay off.
>>
>>343112641
>meme game
>had constant discussion on /v/ and /vg/ for over a year
>>
>>343113465
>had
That's exactly why it's a meme game. The moment it was released, entire hype died within three weeks.
>>
>>343113592
So 99% of all games are meme games?

Also, threads lasted for a few more months after release and the general a bit longer than that.
>>
>>343107990
I'd say it is worth now that is like 50% off.
Definitely not worth full-price
>>
>>343111325
OP here. Thanks for posting that. It cleared up everything for me.
>>
It's fun, but heavily reliant on luck.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.