[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lemme ask you fucks something. Why do you always make everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
Lemme ask you fucks something.
Why do you always make everything about hard cold business?

Whenever the a conversation surrounding something creative, like video game development for example, you run and seek the business solution.
>MUH PROFITS.
>MUH COMPETITIVENESS.
>MUH INDUSTRY STANDARD.

Why are there so many people acting as financial investors in these companies? You don't work for them. They're not paying you. Why do you always side with the corporation?
>>
Examples?
>>
>>343091040
>>MUH COMPETITIVENESS.
>MUH INDUSTRY STANDARD
Literally nobody on /v/ says this you double nigger. This whole post reeks of salt.

People bring up profits, but only in the context of there being another sequel or another game of it's type.
>>
We live in a capitalist society, where success is measured in capital gained. Games that make the most money are therefore considered the most successful.

It's also much easier to argue objective facts about a game like its revenue earned, instead of arguing subjective aspects.
>>
>>343091413
I see it all the time. Someone says an aspect of a business model is bullshit, some faggot will show up, raise his nose and preach about how the company has to do it to recoup their costs. The business fucking up their budget and having the make the money up with bad business practices is not our business, it's theirs. Our business is how we are treated in the model, yet people will always pipe up in an attempt to sound mature by sucking corporate dick.
>>
>>343091186
Prime example: The whole "can Link me a girl" debate. A ton of people will fall back on the idea that
>"Link can't be a girl because female protagonists are less profitable than male ones."
Just out of no where, anons become interested in the profitability of the Zelda series, instead of weighing whether or not the idea holds up creatively.

>>343091413
Graphic/downgrade threads are all about "muh industry standard"
>Why can't this game look like this other game in 2016!?!??!
>>
>>343091040
You act like a game is entitled to success because you think a game is good, your sounding like some generic hipster indie dev who is salty no one cares about his shit game.
>ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS ACTUAL FACTS AND STATISTICS WHOA
>>
>>343091797
The Link being a girl thing is fucking retarded anyway.
And no, it doesn't hold up creativity, it's even more shallow than most Zelda iteration USPs.
>>
>>343091491
The only thing capital gains can be used to argue for, is how successful a corporation was *at profiting*. It can't be used to measure the quality of the product, or the satisfaction of the customer.
>>
>>343091969
"USPs"?

Regardless of your opinion on whether Link can be a girl or not, the point remains that people will rather refer the the potential earnings of a corporation, instead of making an argument regarding the creative merit of the idea.
>>
>>343092590
Unique Selling Point(s).

And you might have a point, but the alternative is just SJW-orientated shitposting, which is honestly preferable at this point. I don't really give a shit either to be honest.
>>
>>343092834
*which is honestly less preferable at this point
is what I meant.
>>
>>343092834
I wonder what your life is like, where you think you can drop "USP" without explanation.

How is the alternative SJW shitposting though? What does that even mean?
>>
>>343093321
>I wonder what your life is like, where you think you can drop "USP" without explanation.
I'm sorry, are you trying to make a point here? Or are you just trying to be passive aggressive?
>How is the alternative SJW shitposting though? What does that even mean?
As in people will just complain that SJWs want female Link and that Nintendo shouldn't give into them. It's not exactly that complicated.
>>
Talking business is fun.

Sue me.
>>
We don't "side" with corprorations. We're just bitter cynical realists.
>>
>>343091040
For the same reason we're always all "you gotta be a straight-talking badass, don't be a faggot like those oversensitive faggots on the other websites" even though we all know we're all in a safe environment here with no possible chance of retribution for anything we say so none of it matters anyway. Because we wanna play at being serious men.

The reverse is true on less-anonymous sites and closer to the money. The more coldly pragmatic they are, the less they'll acknowledge it openly. The SJW journalists are getting paid, so they gotta pretend they're not. We're not getting paid, so we gotta pretend we are.

But enough about that. Hey, did you know tattoos might make it harder for you to get a job??
>>
>>343094013
>/v/ is a business board
>/biz/ is a bitcoin board
why is 4chan set up like this?
>>
>>343091040
Because we're explaining why a company isn't doing something. No one is siding with the corporation, there is a difference between explaining something and agreeing with it.
>>
>>343091941
This Op is a faggot.
Probably an indie Dev.
>>
>>343091040
Because you shouldn't disregard the business side of video game development when it plays a huge role in how video games are developed.
>>
>>343092196
But those things don't matter in our society. After all, as long as you didn't blatantly and/or illegally rip off the customers, the only thing that matters is that they bought the game and the company profits.

Hell, even when it comes climate change threatening the habitability of our planet, people are reluctant to do anything because it might adversely affect the economy.
>>
>>343093710
>I'm sorry, are you trying to make a point here? Or are you just trying to be passive aggressive?
Passive aggressive, but amused. People dropping buzzterms is funny.

>As in people will just complain that SJWs want female Link and that Nintendo shouldn't give into them. It's not exactly that complicated.
Well, I wasn't sure if you were one of those people making the complaint that SJWs want female Link. Or if you were saying that other people will complain about SJWs wanting female Link.
That's not really the alternative though, because that happens as well as the people who make the profitability argument. And in many cases, it's the people complaining that "SJWS don't understand that it's about profitability".
>>
>>343094149
This.
>>
>>343091040
>You don't work for them. They're not paying you.
Yes they do. The people you are talking about are literal shills.
>>
Faggots need to justify their choises. They're afraid of errors, so they find people who makes the same mistakes. They find groups with similar mindsets.
After that, everything that doesn't fit their views is wrong. They call each other names, nintendrones, sonyggers, pcucks. They false flag. Delete this. XFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH.

Internet has spoiled a generation with free false validation, so they don't need to search it for themselves. They just need the right kind of people with them and no one going against what their believe, and everything will be ok with the world. With their world at least.

And that kills the discussion. They don't need to defend themselves, their group already validate their opinions. And they don't ever grow as persons because of this. Everyone's right, but nobody's correct.

TL;DR fuck you, play MGS2.
>>
>>343094176
>Hey, did you know tattoos might make it harder for you to get a job??
Yeah, that's true. but the reason you shouldn't get tattoos, is for the fact that they look very bad. Though, I can forgive it if you're already a monster looking dude or something. But for ever other doughy, or skinnyfat fucker, just don't bother with the ink. And no, putting it somewhere like your ankle or you inner forearm is just as bad, if not worse.
>>
>>343094365
I don't think USP is a buzzterm, it's a legitmate term:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_selling_proposition

As for the actual debate on female Link, like I said, I legitimately don't care if they did it or not, but it's nothing worth fussing over. It's a creatively bankrupt suggestion that doesn't enhance or affect gameplay in any real fashion. I'd rather people just got over that kind of crap, but whatever.
>>
>>343094705
>play MGS2.
But MGS2 sucks, why would I play a bad game?
>>
>>343094271
But in a lot of cases, money really isn't a factor. It's assumed to be the factor, because being the cold businessman is automatically the "pragmatic" opinion, even without an ounce of evidence to back it up.

And then even when business really IS the factor, after you agree upon the corporations motive, the faggot spewing his shit about profits will keep reiterating his point, as if that solves everything.
>That was a bad decision
>"WELL WHAT DID YOU EXPECT, IT'S GOOD FOR BUSINESS".
>Well yeah, I'm just saing, maybe they could make it better if they just...
>"DUDE, THEY WILL NEVER CHANGE BECAUSE CHANGING IS LESS PROFITABLE"
>I'm just saying, as a consumer, it would benefit me if...
>"MONEY"
It becomes obnoxious.
>>
File: zQ1svUA.jpg (234 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
zQ1svUA.jpg
234 KB, 800x1000
>>343094973
Okay it is. Don't play it.
But read this.
It literally explains how internet and the society in general works nowadays.
>>
File: 1410677729002.png (46 KB, 593x457) Image search: [Google]
1410677729002.png
46 KB, 593x457
This is AMERICA

We are the most pathetic nation in the world and WE ARE PROUD OF IT
>>
>>343094353
>But those things don't matter in our society.
Those things matter to you as a consumer, on a board where consumers discuss the products among other consumers. The interest of the company shouldn't matter to our society here on /v/.
>>
>>343095165
If it was a good decision for business how was it a bad decision? Companies don't have an obligation to be creative.
>>
Another example is the whole nostalrius drama. Some people on /v/ siding with acti-blizz saying that legacy servers are a waste of money and drains out some popularity from legion, like who the fuck are these people who rather have less vidya than more vidya?
>>
>>343094378
>>343094149
Explaining how businesses are profit hungry, is babby's first pragmatic thought. You're not being real, you jsut being obnoxious.
>>
>>343095202
>Thread has jack shit to do with america
>salty europoor/3rd worlder still sees an opportunity to shitpost about america
sad tbqh
>>
>>343095354
Yes they have to be creative, if they want our money they must be sure as fuck to be amazing at what they are, like old Nintendo. .. damn they deserved all the money my parents spent.
>>
>>343095354
And here is the entire point of the thread in a post.

Nobody cares if it was good for the business, as the consumer, we say what's good for US. Because if you start compromising that, they will take it and push their model in an even worse direction for the consumer.
>>
>>343095354
Good decisions for companies can be bad decisions for consumers.
>>
>>343091040
>Why do you always make everything about hard cold business?

As hard as it is to realize, not everyone in the world has the same hobbies as you do family.

People who love video games has and always been a cliche, imagine how hard it is to find suits who actually love video games considering most of their upbringings. Video games is just a tool for them to make cash and pretty up their cv.
>>
>>343095362
Great example, thank you.
>>
File: .....gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
.....gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>343094184
>>343091040
all video games related board on the internet will discuss the companies' business at one point at another.

If you know another language, visit their equivalent of /v/ and you will know this is true.

Even the boards populated by retarded normalfags who isn't qualified to discuss his own economic and life situation (not to say this board isn't also filled to the brim with these people either) will make a weak attempt at discrediting their "competitors" by talking and quoting business stats, the fact that you think /v/ is the only place on the internet that does is is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>343095657
No, they have to be creative if they want YOUR money and that introduces a risk. Do they want to risk being creative to get Anon 3430955657's attention or go the safe route and aim for what a wider audience finds good enough.
>>
>>343096565
Again, why do we care about their perspective? We're one demographic who wants a certain thing. We shouldn't hide that opinion "becuz they gotta make monies :("

Their bottom line doesn't matter to us. We state what we want , it's up to them to decide whether they want to appeal to that. If they don't, we talk shit about them. That's how this works.
>>
>>343096418
>the fact that you think /v/ is the only place
I don't. I'm very aware that making the corporate argument is widely done among all groups everywhere.

I simply made a thread here, rather than elsewhere.
>>
>>343096912
You should have worded your post better then.

Assuming OP is you, you should reword the phrase to
>Why do people always make everything about hard cold business?

The presence of the word "you" denotes that you are directing the blame solely to the denizens of this board.
>>
>>343097660
I personalized the post to make it more attention grabbing. However, just because I am accusing people of /v/ for doing this, doesn't mean I'm accusing them *solely*. That's the leap you made.
>>
File: ptsd.jpg (131 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ptsd.jpg
131 KB, 1920x1080
Remember me, /v/ ?

ITT: Vidya PTSD
>>
>>343095429
That's life.
>>
>>343098115
Did people really find this difficult or is it just a meme?
It was an easy level
>>
>>343091040
That's how you predict where things are and are going. By being realistic about the dollars and cents and not thinking with your feelings.
>>
>>343095167
Actually, it's just explaining how society in general has worked since forever.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.