[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How in the world did you %100 this game as a kid, IN ONE SITTING?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: s2-bginfo-detailsimg3full.jpg (108 KB, 525x733) Image search: [Google]
s2-bginfo-detailsimg3full.jpg
108 KB, 525x733
How in the world did you %100 this game as a kid, IN ONE SITTING?
I'm talking about beating the game AND getting the emeralds for super sonic.

What if power went out?
Or you had to leave with your parents?
>>
>>343066992
>parents didn't allow me to keep game on pause when we went out

Thats practically child abuse
>>
>>343066992
>implying I could 100% this game to this day

Fuck those special stages
>>
>>343066992

Never 100% this one on my own. Always had a friend helping me with the special stages.
>>
>>343066992
I didn't.
I did however use cheats a ton of times to play with as the super Sonic, and see the end credits.
>>
>>343066992
Can't you get all 7 emeralds by the end of the first zone?
2 was the easiest game to 100%.
>>
File: 1366814327155.jpg (37 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1366814327155.jpg
37 KB, 480x640
>>343066992
>Playing Spider-Man on Genesis
>Get all the way up to Doc Octopus
>"Come on, Anon. We're going bowling. We have to spend time as a family"
>Leave the game on pause
>Come back, ready to take on Doc Oc
>Game won't unpause

Fucking family time, man.
>>
>>343067638
19 65 09 17
04 01 02 06
Hold some button and press start.

I dont know the code outta my head that let you pla e boxes wherever you like. Debug code o think it was called. You can mess up the game, needing it to be reset with all those boxes. Was nice to fight robots sonic and eggman with rings though.
>>
19 65 9 17, nigger.
>>
>>343066992
On the Sega Genesis, you could save your game state by pressing the reset button a certain way. I can't remember the exact method. Hoping for other anon than can clarify.
>>
>>343066992
I got to the point where i could beat it fairly consistently, but i never got the emeralds/super sonic. THose special stages were way harder than my child-hands/brain could handle
>>
>>343066992
??? It was pretty easy I could get the all emeralds by the time I got to mystic cave zone as a kid, don't forget you have multiple chances each level to enter the special stage.
The only hard part of the game is the final boss which is even harder with knuckles.

If you are really struggling just tap pause so you can see where the rings and bombs will appear.
>>
You can literally collect all seven Chaos Emeralds in Emerald Hill, then breeze through the game with Super Sonic and be done in about 30 to 45 minutes.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is the real time sink.
>>
>>343068146
Not sure about saving the exact game state but I do remember being able to shut off your Genesis and somehow turning it on later and continuing at the beginning of the level you left off at.
>>
>>343068197
>even harder with knuckles.
Why?
>>
>>343068450
He can't jump as high so you have less chances to attack
>>
File: 1094973.jpg (141 KB, 600x942) Image search: [Google]
1094973.jpg
141 KB, 600x942
>>343066992
Allow me to tell a tale..
>My dad and I playing through all the way up to Sky Chase Zone with a good amount of lives left.
>Mother yells "Dinner is ready."
>I press start to the pause the game and my father turns off the boob tube.
>I fat finger the start button and panic and hit it a bunch of times. I don't try to turn on the tv to double check.
>Come back from dinner and dad turns on the tv
>Start screen
Man was my dad furious. We beat it a few days later.
>>
There was a special Genesis exploit that I used to practice the Special Stages. For some reason ,on a Genesis, pressing reset didn't erase my emerald progress. So what ended up happening was I got about 3 for 4 emeralds in the first pass in the first two zones, press reset, and they would remain to start the game over with them retained. I stumbled on this when my brother reset my game by accident and instead of rage quitting I continued. It may also help to say I always started the game by changing to sonic only in options. That might also help.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.