[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How high can it go ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: seexty.jpg (76 KB, 649x388) Image search: [Google]
seexty.jpg
76 KB, 649x388
StarOcean 5 skyrocketing to 60.
>>
>>343053761
>Skyrocketing
>>
File: StarOcean5-28.jpg (565 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
StarOcean5-28.jpg
565 KB, 1200x675
Potato-chan redeemed ?
>>
where are the shills who said this game would be better than zestiria?
>>
>>343053761
>Top 4 reviews are from literal Sony shill sites
>They're STILL middling

My SIDES
>>
>>343053761
Why so low? Do Western reviewers think it's offensive to their precious sensibilities?
>>
File: 1456160846617.jpg (747 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456160846617.jpg
747 KB, 1920x1080
"Punished" StarOcean V.
>>
>>343053939
It's not a very good game.

>short as fuck, can be finished in 15 hours first time
>story campaign is full of filler
>story is delivered off screen with characters giving exposition
>100% in 35 hours, endgame is repetitive kill quests
>one town
>6 areas, repeating at 3 hours in
>enemies repeated a few hours in
>MC is literally the last games MC, down to animations, characterisation, and skills
>game is broken when you get crafting
>characters are bland and unlikable
>story is paced terribly
>combat is clunky
It should be scoring LOWER
>>
>>343053924
>Top 4 reviews are from literal Sony shill sites

And the other 4 SJWs stealth bullying Fiona.
>>
>people thought this game was going to be good after that abortion of a game known as SO4

SO4 was literally one of the worst games I played last gen
>>
>>343054159
So you're just going to ignore all the blatant problems they've addressed?
>>
>>343053886
How is it even possible to be worse than Tales of Zestiria? You spend the entirety of the game running back and forth and grinding enemies.
>>
>>343054235
Because this game doesn't have many redeeming features
>>
Reminder people are only rating this game negatively due to questionable outfits for some of the girls.
>>
>>343054294
And all the issues highlighted here >>343054124
>>
>>343054220
You mean the blatant problems that have been in EVERY STAR OCEAN game?
>>
>>343054124
>this pasta.

Not a single review says anything negative about the battle system. Instead they said how it has a steep learning curve and it's faster yet in the series. Also the story is a massive improvement over the last one. The rest is gibberish.
>>
>>343054294

Proof?
>>
>>343054294

have you considered that maybe the game sucks

tri-ace haven't done anything of worth since Valkyrie Profile 2
>>
Here's a review from a site I actually trust and they gave it a 7/10
I can pastebin or copy the whole thing here if you want

http://www.rpgsite.net/review/4906-star-ocean-integrity-and-faithlessness-review?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
>>
>>343054372
>Perhaps I would have been less frustrated with fighting the same enemies in the same areas over and over if Integrity and Faithlessness had a stronger combat system, but this element seems as underdeveloped as most everything else in the game. Battles take place in real time, and run on what’s essentially a rock-paper-scissors formula. Light attacks will interrupt any strong attacks that are charging up; strong attack break blocks and leave characters briefly stunned; and blocking stops all damage from light attacks and opens an opponent up to being counter-attacked.

>It’s a solid enough system on paper, but remember that Star Ocean is an RPG with inputs and actions that are "real time" only in the strictest sense of the term. Once you’ve pressed the button for your character to do a light attack, for example, it’s tough to break out of that if the enemy you’re attacking begins blocking. Inputs aren’t registered as quickly and accurately as they would be in a good full-on action game, which means battle scenarios just weren’t that satisfying, whether I was winning or losing.
>>
>>343054372
>Also the story is a massive improvement over the last one.
I'd hope so. That alternative Earth sapped all desire for me to continue.

>>343054393
Yes, going to need pictures.
>>
i really want to cum on the face of the potato looking girl
>>
>>343054372
>this response
Everything in that post is true.
>>
>>343054220
>So you're just going to ignore all the blatant problems they've addressed?
>speed run at 15 hours.
>blatant problems

At this point I don't even understand the hate for this game. Literally everything seems to have improved from the last one.
>>
/v/ will praise this game when it comes to PC.
The only reason they're shitting on it is because it's a PS4 exclusive.
>>
>>343054610
>speedrun
Pretty leisurely going from poorly motivated plot point that revolves around backtracking to the next
>>
>>343054525
>Once you’ve pressed the button for your character to do a light attack, for example, it’s tough to break out of that if the enemy you’re attacking begins blocking
They still have the "press X then the character will run up, do the attack"?
Why would they go backwards after Full Active Mode?
>>
>>343054610
Explain away every problem in >>343054124 you shill. The game is trash. Many that imported it have reported the same issues
>>
>>343054525
>but remember that Star Ocean is an RPG with inputs and actions that are "real time" only in the strictest sense of the term.

Did you even read what you posted ? That person is retarded.
>>
File: 1408125469182.jpg (53 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1408125469182.jpg
53 KB, 480x640
>Thread posted
>instantly 3 negative reviews

Alright fess up you bozos! Why'd you do it?

Come on dude!
>>
>>343054712
Because Tri Ace mistakingly thought that's why people didn't like SO4, as opposed to every other problem in that game
>>
>>343054614
This. But to be honest any sony game that is ported to PC gets praised no matter how shitty it is, see senran kagura.
>>
>>343054758
>get told
>"t-that review doesnt count!"
>>343054818
Playing the victim card already? The game is crap, just accept it. It might be worth a second hand £10 but anyone that pays £45 for this is going to have some major regret
>>
>>343054738
>Explain away every problem in you shill. The game is trash. Many that imported it have reported the same issues

Bruh you are losing your cool for no reason. If you've played SO4 and recent 3D tales of games, nothing in the actual reviews is a real negative.
>>
>>343054610
As a lazy gamer, I also do not see the problem with a short main game.

It just means we will see less side-missions being forced into the main game, like in Tales of Zestiria
>>
>>343054912
You've been shitposting about this game for the last 8 hours
>>
>>343054915
In other words the game is good because you have lower standards?

What the fuck? How does your inability to appraise the quality of a game make the game better?
>>
>>343054803
It was pretty bullshit putting it behind a BT req in SO3 but it singlehandedly redeemed the game for me.
Does it exist in the game at all then?

If that's gone it's an instant no-buy for me.
>>
>>343054912
>>get told

No I didn't say it doesn't count, I pointed out a dead giveaway that the reviewer doesn't know what they are talking about.
>>
>>343054969
I just woke up, actually, but whatever
>>
>>343055015
Explain your point then. Did you ever read the rest of his point where he elaborates?
>>
>>343054614
Porting every game to PC is a tremendous mistake.

The existing fandom has moved on to the next big thing. Making the nu-community seem even more desperate.

Watching PC users react to the Disgaea port was just painful. No real enthusiasm and most people wondered if it was even worth buying.
>>
>>343055125
They expect people to double dip or think they'll somehow attract new fans with a port
>>
File: kobayashi.jpg (35 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
kobayashi.jpg
35 KB, 600x400
>>343053761
>SO4 was super duper crap because outsourcing, western focus blah blah blah
>turns out SO5 is just as crap, maybe even more due to nonexistent budget
thanks SE
>>
>>343055281
>SO4 was super duper crap because outsourcing, western focus blah blah blah

SO4 was only half crap. The foundation was solid. So a 20 - 30 hour game with all the filler cut and all the problems addressed sounds pretty nice.
>>
File: story_art.png (708 KB, 1023x901) Image search: [Google]
story_art.png
708 KB, 1023x901
>play my game anon.
>>
>>343054124
SO 1 and 2 also were not that long. Only 3 and 4 and those were too long for their own good
>>
I don't give a shit. i'll play it myself and see for myself if it's good or not
>>
>>343056412
This. SO2 had replay value in being able to pick up different characters in successive playthroughs.
SO3 had the same with choosing different party members, but it dragged on so long with "those" parts that you wouldn't want to play through again. Luckily that was offset by having really fun combat.
SO4 was just fucking long and dull.

I much prefer a game of reasonably shorter length that is fun on its own merits to warrant multiple playthroughs just to enjoy the combat further, content again and whatever else it has.
>>
>>343054790
The game is trash
>>
So lore-wise, do I have to play any of the other games before I can play this one?
I know One and Two are directly connected, but is five related to any of the other games?
>>
>>343057917
>lore-wise
It's better not to give a shit about lore after 2 for your own good.
>>
>>343057917
While 2 is little more than a chronological sequel to 1, they're all spread apart to such a degree that none of them (not even their big established events that everyone gets their panties in a bunch about) really influence one another.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.