[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason to ever have Vsinh on. True it reduces or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Is there any reason to ever have Vsinh on.
True it reduces or outright removes screen tearing but most of the time you barely notice it but it can ruin the experience at times when you do notice it.
But it does this at the cost of making games feel like you are streaming them from a server especially in games that use mouse controls such as RTS games.
This problem has been plaguing gaming for ages.
I am almost starting to see why consoles push 30 fps.
Is there actual technology that lets you have no input lag and no screen tearing.
>>
>>343050304
>Is there actual technology that lets you have no input lag and no screen tearing
Grandpa, there's something called Google.
>>
>>343050304
it's funny; in some games, I barely notice the screen tear at all, while in others it just hits your face all the time

Similarly, in some games, V-sync really does not affect input in any sort of way.

Dunno if it's just me, my hardware, or is there seriously that big of differences in games?
>>
>>343050587
>Dunno if it's just me, my hardware, or is there seriously that big of differences in games?
The side effect of mouse lag is due to the implementation of vsync in the game engine, as with anything else like widescreen hor+/vert-, FXAA blurring HUD and text, contrast and gamma affecting desktop, crappy mouse acceleration, and the list goes on.
>>
Screen tearing is disgusting so I enable it whenever the option is there.

I don't know how people deal with it, it's like playing on a Rubik's cube.
>>
>>343050304
I use vsync for reasons other than screen tearing. If your gpu is setup properly for you monitor then you'll never see it anyway.

Some older games run WAAY too well on my card, I could theoretically get about 400 frames per second, but kind of pointless on a 60hz monitor. However my video card is still going to try and render those 400 frames causing HOLY SHIT LOAD TEMPS to nearly max out.
Vsync forcing that shit back down to 60fps cuts the temperature down by like 20c.
>>
>>343051009
>I don't know how people deal with it, it's like playing on a Rubik's cube.
same way people can play without AA: you just don't pay attention to it. And like hinted earlier ITT, some games are better coded, and thus suffer of much less tear. Monitors also play a big part in it.

One option for Vsync is limiting the framerate. Fortunately, many games these days already provide option for this, but if they do not, you can use RivaTuner Statistic Server program, that comes with MSI Afterburner, to limit any software's max framerate to what you desire. I often use this on games when playing on my craptop, as lower max fps also helps the temperatures stay low.
>>
File: 1466896375319.png (5 KB, 275x293) Image search: [Google]
1466896375319.png
5 KB, 275x293
Launches Melty Blood, fullscreen is plagued with tearing even if I try to force Vsync with novidia control panel unless I run it on windowed.
Launches Wolfenstein the New Order, tearing even if Vsync is enabled in the ingame options.

This is annoying.
>>
>>343050304
Your GPU should not be rendering more frames than it can display. The result is the CPU running at max temps and max fans. Use Borderless Windowed if all else fails.
>>
I don't like what enabling vsync does to the controls.
>>
>>343050304
What does y=(e^x - e^-x)/2 hace to do with that?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.