[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civilization VI this autumn. >workers have charges, so you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 34
File: civ6.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1296) Image search: [Google]
civ6.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1296
Civilization VI this autumn.

>workers have charges, so you have to keep building them, not spam improvements, and not have late game useless workers
>cities use tiles to build wonders and special improvements by themselves, so tiles are a resource to manage
>active science, completing small "quests" gives you research boost - build a ship to gain sailing research, claim stone to gain masonry research
>new city state interaction system, no more taking turns bribing key cities
>new fog of war system and prettier map
>new more simplistic and worse visuals
>new social policy system, you can change where your cultural points go on the fly
>local city happiness system over global empire happiness system
>egyptian leader is white, american leader is fat
>team led by the guy who came in and turned civ5 around with his 2 great expansions

Looking much better than Beyond Earth, I have big hopes.
How do you feel about the changes, what do you want to see announced next?
>>
File: envoy.jpg (921 KB, 1904x1080) Image search: [Google]
envoy.jpg
921 KB, 1904x1080
>>343047934
City state envoy system.
>>
File: Imp1870a.jpg (223 KB, 1024x744) Image search: [Google]
Imp1870a.jpg
223 KB, 1024x744
You guys think they should go back to sprites?
>>
>>343047934
everything so far says it's gonna be a great civ
hyped.
>>
File: oy vey.jpg (955 KB, 1904x1080) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.jpg
955 KB, 1904x1080
>>343048538
No, I much prefer 3D, and the bottleneck is AI turn timers, which have to do with CPU and not GPU.

Also I really like how the worker charges are shown, your worker troop has 4 guys, and they get fewer as you use them up, so you can at a glance tell how many uses a worker has without even selecting the unit.

>religious city states automatically convert to your religion when you ally them
This could be good if alliances stick, and silly if cities can be flipped rapidly.
>>
File: civilization-vi-0003-1500x844.jpg (619 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
civilization-vi-0003-1500x844.jpg
619 KB, 1500x844
>>343047934
Also, another important one.
Your city doesn't NEED to be coastal to build ships, as long as it controls a sea tile.
You can build a harbor district near the coast, and build ships from there, with your slightly inland city.
>>
>>343048538
no
>>
>>343047934
>>343049078

Damn this is going to be a good civ. Wasn't really hyped until this thread desu.
>>
File: 1453137833925.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
1453137833925.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
Looks comfy desu
>>
It's not going to be as good as the previous game without expansions. Same deal with Civ 4 and 5.
>>
>>343047934
Don't forget multiple leaders are pretty much confirmed at this point, I really missed that feature
>>
>>343047934
When's the PC version coming out?
>>
>>343049078
FUCKING FINALLY
>>
>>343050840
Oct 21. I always thought they were PC exclusives?
>>
Bought age of empires 2 HD yesterday, was okay and then a friend gifted me the sequel, a lot better.

But why does so many people seem to play 2 over 3?
Also, any pro tips and tricks for 3?
>>
>>343050959
Nah this is an IOS game.
>>
>>343047934
>>343048194
>>343048978
>>343049078
Huh, I went from actively not wanting the game to maybe day-one purchase. We'll see if the rest of the game doesn't suck, though if they just do straight improvements from 5 it won't (but they won't do that, because how else will they sell DLC and expansions?).

Thanks obvious marketer anon. You earned your shekels.
>>
>>343047934
> late game useless workers

have fun spending 10 turns rebuilding your improvement while at war with out lots of workers mate
>>
>>343051102
>But why does so many people seem to play 2 over 3?

1. Nostalgia, tradition, etc.
The second was received much better on release than the third, even if its not objectively the better game when compared on equal ground.
2. The card system for AoE 3.
Many people dislike or outright hate it, and many don't play it based on that alone.
3. The setting.
People just prefer arrows&swords&catapults with limited gunpowder to cannons and bayonets.

AoE2 HD is alright, but I greatly dislike the """optimization""". The game lags significantly, there are up to a few second delays in multiplayer if there are more than 50-80 units moving on the screen.
Its shoddy craftsmanship and I couldn't get into it. Play SP and enjoy the campaigns, they are still good, as they always were. The MP is dead and gone though, if you missed it you missed it.
>>
File: OPINIONS.jpg (45 KB, 500x556) Image search: [Google]
OPINIONS.jpg
45 KB, 500x556
>>343050701
>Civ IV base wasn't better than Civ III fully expanded.
>Civ IV BtS wasn't better than Civ V BNW
>>
With no more World Congress, the late game is going to be really boring.
>>
>>343051897
>games were perfect at the exact point in time when i was old enough to enjoy and understand them, and young enough to not be a bitter jaded fuck
>anything older is primitive garbage, anything newer has no soul and is capitalistic moneygrabbing

I've heard this story before.
>>
>>343047934
Looks right now like a typical beta build. I guess they'll add improved graphics soon enough? But yeah, I'm looking forward to it much more than Beyond Earth.

Hype hype hype
>>
>>343050518
Honestly it does. The graphics look nice and warm. The game invites me to play for hours like I did with CIV 5.
>>
>>343051509
>marketer shill shekels

Riveting tale. I am glad you shared it with us.
All the info and images I posted are from google and a few articles/the developer video.
>>
>>343052050
source?
>>
>>343047934
>Looking much better than Beyond Earth
yea, if people start buying games just because it looks better than shit, then Firaxis achieved their secret agenda with BE and lowered everyones expectations.
>>
I just got civ 5 complete for 8 dollars civ 6 can go fuck itself
>>
i wonder how pillaging wonder tiles will work, they can just use a builder to repair it? it'd be pretty huge to permanently destroy wonders.

>>343048538

if they keep icon / 2d map mode there's not much need.

>>343053883

enjoy pretty much the same experience every single game.
>>
>>343054092
you can't pillage wonders, but I think they said you can destroy them with nukes, although not permanently. If you raze a city, its wonders are still left on their tiles.
>>
I have to wonder if you can culture bomb/build a citadel and steal an opponent's wonder tiles.
>>
File: 2008_tropic_thunder_-1.jpg (570 KB, 1559x914) Image search: [Google]
2008_tropic_thunder_-1.jpg
570 KB, 1559x914
>>343047934
>workers have charges, so you have to keep building them
>>
>>343054460

oh ok.

glad to see they tidied up the states screen, i never really payed attention to which bonuses i was getting because it was hard to track, which in turns screws up your micro-managing of cities when you are suddenly getting more/less food in a city due to maritime allies, etc.
>>
>>343054702
To be fair, it looks like a city can build multiple things at once so it's not that big of a deal.
>>
>>343054845
What makes it look like that?
>>
>>343054845
>>343054702
Or you just don't improve every tile, only the ones you use. Make improving tiles something you commit to, and a decision, rather than how we had it until now - everything must be improved, because why not?
>>
>>343047934
I for one am happy to see these changes and think the game won't be hot garbage.
>>
>>343049078
If this is an true then this game is already dead. Why would you ever settle on coast if literally anyone can build ships?

Glad to know the shills are in force, though.
>>
>>343054919
The fact that you're building stuff out of different tiles, I guess.
>>
>>343055081
>Why would you ever settle on coast if literally anyone can build ships?

Because settling on coast gives you research bonus to sailing?
Because you won't need to waste a tile to build the harbor district?

Not being able to make use of the ocean if you are 1 tile away from it is retarded, and this is a great change.
>>
>>343055081
>Why would you ever settle on coast if literally anyone can build ships?
To reach water tiles with resources and fish?
Maybe some buildings will still require coast-adjacency?
Or maybe to save you from building this harbor addon
>>
>>343047934
Gameplay looks good

Graphics are fucking awful to the point of being a detriment

7/10
>>
>>343055219

also perhaps themed stuff like great lighthouse is limited to coastal cities.

good to know the angsty angry little children are in full force, though.

>one out of context change with little detail or knowledge of how the game works as a whole
>game is dead

there has never been an utterly worthless civ game
unless we count BE
>>
>>343055268
Still time to improve
Steam is STILL selling 5 with those first ancient screenshots
>>
>>343055104
Nah, however, you will build districts or wonders that show on the map through the city screen, and so won't have to use the workers/builders, or the tiles they improve, as much.
>>
File: civ5broken.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
civ5broken.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>343047934
local happiness? wonders take up entire tiles? cities need multiple tiles?

Could this be the end of the awful "tall vs wide" meme?

pic related
>>
>>343052052
>Not knowing that even numbered Civ titles are best, where odd numbered Civ titles have a lot of new ideas, but haven't really figured them out.
Nah, in that case I would have preferred Civ III. Civ IV just has more in it, less tedious micro and more interesting decisions. I have beat V on deity but struggle to beat emperor IV. IV is more replayable even before you realise that there's more modding too. Civ V is fine, just not as good as Civ IV for dedicated players.

I'm mainly hoping that VI gets shit right and brings the divided playerbase and more importantly the modderbase all into the same game. It seems like they're on track to make the best Civ yet.
>>
>>343055514
>not knowing my opinion, which is incidentally fact

Civ V complete is the best Civ yet.
>>
>>343048978
>>343048194

does this mean Hittites and Hebrews will not be playable civilizations, not even after expansion packs?
>>
>>343055697
If I recall correctly vanilla Civilization V had Venice and Vienna as city states originally.
>>
>>343055697

a refugee camp in the middle east full of thieves is not a civilization worthy of being playable.
>>
>>343055697
>>343055774
Still though, they probably won't be.
Firaxis were always after variety, and that period/area just has stronger players, like Babylonia, Assyria, Egypt. There isn't enough room for everyone.
>>
>>343055507
>(DX 11)
>Windows XP
I.. What?
>>
>>343055581
A complete Civ 5 still has critical, schizophrenic flaws that are part of its inherent design.

Things like global happiness and the penalties associated with being at even -1 happiness. Or how it handles gunpowder units. Or how, despite having a social policy tree and a ideology dedicated to it, you still never want to go over 4 or 5 cities at most, and never want to settle a new city past the early game.
>>
>>343048978
>no option to buy them off with gold
Thank god, being constantly jewwed by needy city states was annoying and easily abused if you had a good economy.
>>
>>343055861
windows XP theme for 7 and that Aero bullshit turned off
>>
>>343055507
try that again on a higher difficulty buddy
>>
>>343055879
>Or how, despite having a social policy tree and a ideology dedicated to it, you still never want to go over 4 or 5 cities at most, and never want to settle a new city past the early game.

What the fuck. Have you never played multiplayer?
And even in singleplayer you want as many good cities as your happiness can support and your military can defend.
The penalties aren't harsh enough to stop it. You end up not doing it because with default settings and when playing on a correct difficulty for your ability you get stopped from doing it, not because it isn't worth it.
When I win deity games I always end with like 20 cities, since I conquer much. In multiplayer you want as many cities as possible, always. You even place cities to use as fortresses during war.
>>
>>343055879
eh I usually find myself having to settle at least 2, maybe even 3 cities come industrial era because I never ever have oil, aluminum or uranium within my borders
>>
>>343056014
as if it's not hard to completely run away with it on deity once you catch up to horseshit advantages the AI starts with
>>
File: civ 5.jpg (268 KB, 872x1224) Image search: [Google]
civ 5.jpg
268 KB, 872x1224
I'll wait at least 12 months. Let some DLC come out, let mods fix things, usual stuff.
>>
>>343056151
>its not hard to win once you start winning

Okay. Also he didn't say its hard, he said you can't do it.
>>
>>343056151
if that was deity he wouldn't be using his engineers on tile improvements or doing something as stupid as using scientists on tile improvements past early medieval
anything renaissance and beyond you just save your scientists for either a key technology or until you have research labs build to rush to x-coms in a turn or 3
>>
>>343056219
so you're saying all it takes to win at civ 5 is to simply get to an even footing with the AI, and that the higher difficulties only delay the time you get there.
>>
>>343056317
No, Glaucon, you little shit, thats not what I am saying at all. Learn to read in english before you attempt to post on 4chan.
>>
>>343056301
with that much culture and faith you'd be generating/buying so many great people you'd run out of shit to do with them. There's even a spare engineer in the bottom right
>>
>>343056317
In terms of Civ V AI that's not innacurrate. The ai levels give it bonuses not make it smarter
>>
>>343056427
Absolutely false, the price of great people increases too much. Having crazy high culture instead of normal high culture gives you +1, at most +2 great people. Its not worth it, you are mathematically wrong, and should stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>343047934
the FoW looks neat as fuck but i'm still not a fan of the cartoony graphics
>>
>>343056424
What is the criteria of "once you start winning"?

>once you catch up to horseshit advantages the AI starts with

Is that not saying that once you catch up to the AI, once you reach an even footing, the AI is powerless to stop you, and thus that is the criteria to win?
>>
>>343056427
doesn't matter, spending scientists on tile improvements lategame is ungodly wasteful
it takes like 100 or more turns for an academy to break even with a tech boost, at which point, if you've been tech boosting, you've literally already maxed out the entire tech tree for several dozen turns
and lets not forget just how important getting x-coms early is, those things are just completely and utterly ridiculous in every possible way
>>
>>343056536
You forget about the policy tree completion bonuses, and the reformation belief, that let you buy great people with faith. Then there's all the wonders, which that person clearly has, that give you great people on top of that.
>>
>>343055361
Would Call to Power count? That shit was gash.
>>
>>343056596
Lets see what I am saying.

>Okay.
Agreeing with the rephrased version of your retarded post.
>Also he didn't say its hard
Telling you that you didn't read the post you replied to very well.
>he said you can't do it.
Telling you that he meant you suck.

That is what I am saying. That you can't read, and you can't play the game very well.
I am not saying Civ5 is perfect, I am not saying the AI is great, I am not saying it scales well, I am not saying it doesn't get bullshit bonuses, I am not saying any other thing you decide to strawman.
I am saying that you can't read, and that the other person called you bad, which you are.

Learn to fucking read.
>>
>>343056701
You forget that this is only possible because of low difficulty.
Its a bad strategy made to look good because the person of mediocre ability is playing on easy.
>>
>>343056701
that reformation belief isn't nearly as good as you think it is
great engineers and great scientists, the two most important great people, are the completion bonuses for tradition and rationalism respectively, trees which you are almost guaranteed to max out even on a medium culture budget

great artists/musicians/writers are never worth buying with faith
great admirals are even worse
and if you ever find yourself in the situation where you actually need a great merchant you've already screwed up your economy

that leaves pretty much only great generals as a bonus for that reformation belief
>>
>>343056908
>great artists/musicians/writers are never worth buying with faith

They can be if trying for cultural victory, to get the big theming bonuses, or to culture bomb during the +100% tourism bonus of the games.
>>
File: saddsadsa.png (758 KB, 638x475) Image search: [Google]
saddsadsa.png
758 KB, 638x475
Combat animation looks like it came from fucking boom beach or something. Why the effects?
>>
>no news of dedicated pitboss servers
>>
>>343057143
generally speaking though by the time you win culture victory on higher difficulties you could have won in any other way 50 turns ago
heck any culture victory I've done was basically "get cultural dominance over the easy ones, eliminate the civs with to high a culture to even both getting influential"
because fuck trying to get influential over one of the culture whore civs
>>
>>343057196
Because whenever Firaxis improves upon something they inevitably fuck two other things up.
>>
>>343057143
people will say tourism never wins, but that's because they think only great musician bombs are worthwhile, but popping 6 or 7 great writers with 100% culture to tourism conversion during the worlds fair or international games bonus can get you a culture victory before anyone can even react. And you get a shit ton of policies/ideology picks out of it. People tend to only invest enough into culture to fill out 2 or 3 trees by the end of the game, but this way you can have pretty much all of them, and no one will have enough banked culture to stop it.
>>
>>343057271
You are minmaxing instead of having fun.
But yes, in 90% of cases the objectively correct thing to do is go to war against whoever is leading, and do that until you are leading.
War is the fastest and most reliable way to win, followed by turtling science, though the latter will often end up with you having to go to war to catch up to a rationalism adopting isolated deity AI.
>>
>>343048978
If I show this image to someone and say it's a game from 2006, everyone would believe it
>>
>>343057347
The opportunity cost is too great, and against competent players/high difficulty AI you will not succeed, unless you restart and manipulate the map until you make it in your favor.
>>
>>343057347
>100% culture to tourism conversion
Explain?
>>
>>343057379
thing is, unless you get a god tier start you're not winning deity without minmaxing
fun is for lower difficulty levels
culture victory on deity is such a gamble given you're not even guaranteed to get a religion on that difficulty level even if you play perfectly
>>
>>343056908
musicians are a good spam option to get over the hump for a culture victory. Artists/writers are kinda useless tho.
>>
>>343057453
perhaps, though generally speaking that one last civ for culture victory tends to be the one that absolutely refuses to open borders with you for all the gold in the world
>>
I hope for some mini games during the late phase. Like a delayed attack on a tile (or group of) and trying to predict if an enemy unit will be on it in a turn or two.

Or a long range artillery unit sitting some good tiles back that requires a spotter elite squad to serve as a beacon. Then the squad respawns again at the artillery unit and has to make the journey again for a new strike. Gives an extra advantage for bombers that can hit the artillery unit inside the enemy's territory, using spies on an enemy city to detect all enemy elite squads for a few turns, or elite squads to expose and eliminate adjacent counterparts.

Doubt it will happen but pretending is fun :^)
>>
>>343057451
Culture victory on Deity is getting a good religion and growing a few cities, then taking over India with its wonders and going from there.
>>
>Military units have only three soldiers in them

That's okay I guess for warriors or horses but it looks fucking stupid for pikemen or anything that should be in a deep formation
>>
>>343056176
roland
>>
>>343047934
i want joint victories where players can form alliances to other civs and have a win together even if they started off as enemies.

maybe do a vassal system so there is only one true winner but make it so rather then turning every civ against you end game, some will turn to you as a new leader to combine your forces
>>
>>343057523
yeh shame about
>deity
>religion

usually my deity religion games go
>Turn 5: oh I guess ethiopia is in
>turn 7: hm, who else
>turn 11: prolly a city state or ruin bonus
>turn 14: FUCK
>turn 15: WHY
>turn 18: DAMMIT

and then you finally get your pantheon bonus and all the +religion ones have already been picked
>>
>>343057505
Do they only hold out in higher difficulties? I'm used to them always selling their peoples culture away for a couple of gold coins a turn

>>343057529
Was always like that in 4, wasn't it?
Bigger mobs was a good change for 5, being able to gauge unit health at a glance more easily too
>>
>>343047934
The keep making this game worse with everything they change.
That is impressive.
>>
>>343057708
It really depends, sometimes when there are no religious AIs in the game the last religion goes in the Renaissance era.
>>
>>343056437
That's been true of most Civ games. It's not new to V. There's a reason better AI mods are so popular.
>>
>>343047934
That explored territory fog of war effect is fucking perfect. I'll never get tired of seeing that old map style.
>>
>>343057749
>Was always like that in 4, wasn't it?
Yep. One of 5s better changers.
>>
>>343058286
I wish the borders were also stylized to appear like and old map, and not so out of place gamey.
>>
>>343057749
>>343058291
It didn't matter in 4 (or any civ games prior to 5) because outcome of combat always resulted in one side losing completely. There was health system in place so units on the winning side would get withered down when not healing after combat but it didn't matter as much then because losing a single unit meant jack shit when your army is composed of 40+ units.

Also the game did make note of having multiple units stacked on a single tile by showing units well, stacked together like pic
>>
>>343059017
You only see the top unit, not everyone stacked.
And there was in fact "health", and you'd see especially in the early game your scout go from 2 dudes to 1 after fighting a bear or something. The troop strength would diminish accordingly.
>>
>>343056176
>>
>>343056176
inb4 Austria again
>>
>>343059724
>a better windmill with no tile requirements
>gives more production and a +25% great people other civs can't ever get

Disgusting.
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (53 KB, 427x789) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
53 KB, 427x789
>>343059876
Forgot my disgusting OP image.
Though unique buildings that come so late in the game need to be very strong, else they can't possibly make an impact.
>>
>>343059141
You don't see everyone, but you can see more than one depending on settings.

>>343059017
Barring hit and run or siege or air unit attacks. And that's just in core. Defensive withdrawals were a popular feature in a few mods too.
>>
>>343056176
please no india
>>
>limited charges on workers

So that just means I have to steal workers from city states the entire game instead of for 30 turns. Got it.
>>
>>343059951
>>343059876
I've been messing around with Austria the past 2 days, I can't stand another game with them so soon.

Hiawatha in single biome should be good though.
>>
>>343060132
Hiawatha is dull. Even when his kit is working well, its so subtle and has so little impact its boring.
Like playing a generic no abilities civilization.
>>
>worse visuals

They look heaps better to me.
>>
>>343056704
mah nigga CtP 2 is my favorite civ game
>>
>>343056176
>I get Carthage again
>>
>>343047934
I don't give a fuck about the changes as long as multiplayer actually works.
>>
>>343061932
>as long as multiplayer actually works.

?
>>
>>343050840

ayy
>>
File: 1416927775968.png (197 KB, 433x436) Image search: [Google]
1416927775968.png
197 KB, 433x436
>>343056176
FUCK I just started a Portugal game last night but every time this is posted I HAVE To roll.
>>
>>343056176
numbers
>>
>have to build walls to be able to shoot from city center
>the encampment district also gets 2 shoots

I like this change, also your troops spawn in the encampment. Makes you think, eh
>>
>>343061976
Civ 5 had horribly broken multiplayer. Games would break after 100 rounds.
>>
>>343056176
Give me something good
>>
>>343056176
It better not be a shit tier civ
>>
>>343062357
You mean like Paradox Games break, where players just get fucked over by the shitty net? Or as in OP broken, with people snowballing?
>>
File: nice.jpg (39 KB, 398x484) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
39 KB, 398x484
>>343062221
>Vikings
>Continents
>Domination
>>
>>343062449
>Fractal
>No Alexander AI since I'll be playing as that turbocunt

This is fine
>>
>>343056176
Roll, pls no china
>>
>>343063008
What's wrong with China?
Better Great General buff and libraries that make it rain
>>
>>343062357
Desyncs were easily fixed by reloading, or just waiting these loading screens out, or by not all trying to move as soon as the turn starts while city state and barbarians are being calculated by the host machine.
>>
>>343047934
It still won't be better than Civ4 or 2.
>>
>>343063742
I am sure you and many other people will say that, while playing and enjoying it, because MUH ANONYMOOSE BOARD INVISIBLE OLDFAG KARMA D:D:D:
>>
>>343063169
I just have this thing when i ever i play with china i got horrible starts/maps. i've tried multiple times playing a game as china but it's always god fucking awful.
>>
>>343062471
Paradox Games, I suppose

It would be permanently stuck waiting for the round to finish. Supposedly you could just load autosaves and continue, but I was never able to get it to work.
>>
File: fall from heaven.jpg (219 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
fall from heaven.jpg
219 KB, 800x600
>>343063883
Who shit in your cereal? I meant what I said. Civ4 is fantastic and has enough mods to never really get boring. Fall from Heaven 2 is enough to stand as an entire game all by itself for instance.

I don't buy games anyway so if you're a viral marketer like you seem to be then you're wasting your time.
>>
>>343056176
not a korg
>>
>>343063742
Those are still inferior to Alpha Centauri.
>>
>>343064087
Is there a specific map you'd recommend for Fall from Heaven? I tried playing it a while ago and got bored from it in a couple of minutes.
>>
>>343056176
ok
>>
>>343049078
oh that's really nice
>>
>>343056176
roll, fuck spam filter
>>
File: 1457197012219.jpg (62 KB, 450x557) Image search: [Google]
1457197012219.jpg
62 KB, 450x557
>>343064087

My nigga

While it has been years since I last played, I have so many fond memories of Fall from Heaven 2

Enjoyed it far more than the regular game
>>
>>343065372
I like how much it differentiates the different civilizations and religions.
>>
File: 1436038156848.jpg (154 KB, 1438x891) Image search: [Google]
1436038156848.jpg
154 KB, 1438x891
>>343056176
Hey, what else am I going to do.
>>
>>343065706
>Hey, what else am I going to do.
Learn french.
Cook a meal.
Work out.
Start a programming web course.
Ask friends to go out.
Take a walk.
Read a book.
Masturbate.
Take a shower.
Talk to your parents.
>>
File: 1442387421445.png (350 KB, 483x478) Image search: [Google]
1442387421445.png
350 KB, 483x478
>>343047934
Pretty hyped 2bh, lads.
>>
>>343065967
>Learn french.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>343066307
You should. Its le sexi.
>>
>>343047934
Gonna buy full version for 10$ 3 years later, I'm not paying full price for a demo.
>>
>>343056176
fkl;rolling
>>
>>343056176
Rollin'
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkIT6iMeYjE

ENGLAND PREVIEW LADS
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY44PrLpKTQ

VICTORIA
>>
>>343067929
WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A
>>
>>343055219
Cities settled on the coast also generate Appeal for Tourism on their own.
>>
File: 1465624259638.jpg (52 KB, 465x498) Image search: [Google]
1465624259638.jpg
52 KB, 465x498
>>343067929
>>343068006
>getting rid of qt Elizabeth for that drab sloot
>>
This is the first time Elizabeth sits out from the base game, even if the possibility of multiple leaders in DLC is there.

Kind of amusing that the Redcoats aren't in the same game as the Minutemen.
>>
>>343067929
>>343068006
Too bad they didn't carry on with 5's idea of meeting the leader in a nice place
The crackling fireplace always made speaking with Adolphus a pleasure
>>
>>343068217
If they were, they'd need to be exactly the same, else one will be stronger, the other weaker, and hoards of autists would bitch and moan about it in the comments.

Now we only have retarded and unrelated #brexit posts circlejerking upvotes to claim all the top spots.
>>
>>343068217
They could at least have made her look a little older to go with how long her reign was.
>>
>>343068217
>this chin
>>
Why do they upload a bunch of videos when its the same thing with different subtitles?
Youtube already has a subtitle functionality.
That and them not changing the Steam screenshots with accurate ones instead of beta ones makes me think half the staff at Firaxis is tech illiterate.
>>
>>343068508
Well she was austrian, wasn't she? Sexe-Cobhurg-Gotha if I remember correctly.
>>
Confirmed shit

America - Teddy Roosevelt
Unique Ability: Founding Fathers: Shortens the time needed to gain government legacy bonuses.
Leader Ability: Can build the Rough Rider, Bonus to fighting on its home continent, Bonus tourism for National Parks
Unique Unit: P-51 Mustang
Unique Building: Film Studio - Increases Tourism Yields

England - Victoria
Unique Ability: British Museum - Museums grant more Archeaologists and have more slots.
Leader Ability: Can build the Royal Navy Dockyard: bonus movement in naval vessels built there, bonus gold when on other continents, and bonus Great Admiral points
Unique Unit: Seadogs: bully bonus and capture enemy vessels
Unique Unit: Redcoats: combat bonus on other continents, can disembark w/o spending movement points
Egypt - Cleopatra
Unique Unit: Maryannu Chariot Archers
Unique Improvement: Sphinx

China - Qin Shi Huang
Leader Ability: Builders get one extra use before disappearing, and can use that to help rush Ancient/Classical wonders
Unique Improvement: Great Wall

Japan - Hojo Tokimune
Unique Unit: Samurai
>>
>>343056176
Let's go enrico
>>
>>343047934

The one thing I hope they improve is late-game micromanagement.
After a ceratain point I get too bored with the game because you have to babysit every single city and unit.
>>
>>343055263
>>343055219
>shit literally anyone can kill me and I can't kill them
>don't worry, though, I can work that fish tile now and can a science boosts in this irrelevant tech tree xd
Feel free to settle on the coast, just make sure to build me some wonders.
>>
>>343069253
they already confirmed you can group up units and move together
>>
>>343069273
>bitch about balance
>based on pre-alpha screenshots
>for a game you havent played
>or even seen being played

Yep, its /v/.
>>
>>343069498
>implying I'm wrong
>>
>>343069498
The only way this can be saved is if this dock can only build fishing boats or has significantly weaker ships. Otherwise it's dumb as fuck to settle coastal against actual players. because they'll fuck you and force you to build only ships. This means that even if you have no intention of attacking the coastal player, that player is forced to go straight for ships to ensure that he doesn't get raped in the ass.

Don't worry, shill, I already intend on buying the game anyways because my Civ circlejerk probably is, so you'll get your money either way.
>>343070256
>pretending to be me
Holy shill.
>>
File: 1466640804890.jpg (79 KB, 763x736) Image search: [Google]
1466640804890.jpg
79 KB, 763x736
>>343047934

Fight me faggot
Love the aesthetic
>>
>>343056176
ROOOLL
>>
>>343070341
Coastal cities can have trade and culture bonuses. They don't need the added military bonus.
Right now being coastal has waaaaay too much influence on your game. There is too much you are denied if you settle one tile away from a coast, considering you still waste tiles on ocean.
>>
>>343056176
rawl plz be good
>>
>>343068006
>>343067929
This looks fucking grotesque. I want Elizabeth back.
>>
File: giant stone head.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
giant stone head.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1500
>>343047934
You forgot:

Directors are Ed Beach and David Shirk, who didn't make Civ V but did make its expansion packs, which did a great job of making the game actually good.
>>
>>343067929
>>
Why would people pay for this when Clash of Clans is free and looks just as good?
>>
File: 567px-The_Young_Queen_Victoria.jpg (92 KB, 567x768) Image search: [Google]
567px-The_Young_Queen_Victoria.jpg
92 KB, 567x768
>>343068508
>>343068217
Not inaccurate
>>
>>343070341
A coastal city gives the Eureka bonus for Sailing, so you'll be able to build ships earlier than anyone without coastal cities.

Harbors are not an initial district; they're unlocked by a later tech. Coastal cities can start building ships as soon as ships can be built.

Cities have a district limit that Harbors count against.

Raiding is a lot easier than capturing a defended city, and a pillaged Harbor can't build ships.
>>
>>343070341
>>343070990
#rekt
>>
File: 1461168308869.jpg (80 KB, 640x539) Image search: [Google]
1461168308869.jpg
80 KB, 640x539
>>343047934
>>
>>343070534
Yea, trading ships are nice, but this only becomes dumb when there's only 1 coastal player. Otherwise, building coastal with another coastal game forces you to go upper tech tree if they do, because if you don't, you will get fucked by frigates and die. Going upper tech tree without having a significant lead or without killing someone also fucks you end game as everyone else will be teching straight to industrial or artillery. Having all coastals also prevents you from having good blocker cities, meaning someone can forward settle you and just waltz straight into your capital.

Even if coastal has slightly more advantages than non-coastal, it still has flaws and if they really wanted to, they could have nerfed trade ships so they provide similar output to caravans.
>>343070990
>A coastal city gives the Eureka bonus for Sailing, so you'll be able to build ships earlier than anyone without coastal cities.
>Harbors are not an initial district; they're unlocked by a later tech. Coastal cities can start building ships as soon as ships can be built.
Irrelevant since you still need to build ships, which is taking up production for actual buildings. You are building ships, which cost maintenance, for no gain since you won't be able to take someone's city.
>Cities have a district limit that Harbors count against.
Explain further.
>Raiding is a lot easier than capturing a defended city, and a pillaged Harbor can't build ships.
Irrelevant, raiding is not profitable unless they've significantly buffed it. Otherwise you are still losing gold on maintenance and not gaining any effective bonus besides.

None of these seem to solve the issue of "they can attack my city, but I can't attack theirs."
>>
>>343071448
You continue to apply Civ5 balance to a single fact you know about Civ6.
You are being moronic. Stop being moronic.
>>
>>343047934
they stole the city tile expansion idea from Endless Legend. Which is fine, I suppose, as EL stole a lot of it's base gameplay from Civ.

Is there any info about combat?
>>
>>343068975
>Samurai
every damn time
>>
>>343047934
>egyptian leader is white

as was in real life, you dumbfuck.
>>
>>343071448
>raiding is not profitable
>I break your harbors, now you cannot build ships to attack my coastal cities
>where is the gain?
>>
>>343071619
look at the rest of the post, it wasn't a criticism
>>
>>343070380
This, civ v's visuals have gotten so drab and boring after however many hundreds of hours of playing the damn thing.

Civ IV was cartoony as shit, this is too but it looks good to boot.
>>
>>343071504
>no rebuttle
Nice.
>>343071645
>I build ships instead of ground units or buildings
>haha! now you can't build ships!
>oh wait, you just built land military and now I can't defend myself
>and that guy just said fuck it and is going for straight science
>what do I even do with this navy now?

And if it's possible to rebuild/repair docks, then it's even stupider since by the time you kill a few docks, other players will have repaired theirs.
>>
>>343072039
>no rebuttal

You have NO ARGUMENT. What am I to rebut?
You take one fact from a game, and shove it into another game, and comment on the balance.
You simply don't know how profitable raiding will be. You don't know how good the eureka moments will be. You don't know how tight district management will be, and if wasting one to build an inland city is worthwhile.
You are speaking from complete and utter ignorance. You have less than 1% of the data, and speak of imbalance.

Surely you see this is stupid. Surely. I mean, SURELY. You can't possibly be that retarded.
>>
>>343047934
I love how this game looks
>>
File: 994661370.png (30 KB, 231x143) Image search: [Google]
994661370.png
30 KB, 231x143
>>343056176
not again
>>
When is the console version coming out?
>>
>>343072591
Together with the console version of Bannerlord.
>>
>>343072302
>sequel
>somehow the mechanics change so much that literally nothing is comparable
>even if it's completely different, it's speculation and being able to talk about a game
>meanwhile you just spout retarded shit and defend a game that's in"pre-alpha" but comes out in 4 months
No, you're just a fucking idiot. Things can change or things can stay similar to what they currently are. We do not know what will be changed, however, we can discuss possibilities based on previous games and what they have told us.

Glad that instead of discussing anything, you went for a full retard defense post. Consider suicide, shitter.
>>
>>343055697
Pretty sure Warsaw, Vienna and Venice were all city states in Civ V base game before Venice, Austria and Poland came out.
>>
>>343047934
this might actually be decent
>>
What's even the point of wonders anymore? There's very little cost-benefit to them considering they take up a whole fucking tile just to give something like a free tech or 10+ culture, when you could use the resources to build an entire district instead.
>>
File: 1359192702457.jpg (102 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
1359192702457.jpg
102 KB, 467x700
FUCKING ART STYLE IS HORRIBLE

Whose genius idea was this
>>
>>343056176
>inb4 some shit civ
>>
File: 1389908863749.jpg (108 KB, 328x727) Image search: [Google]
1389908863749.jpg
108 KB, 328x727
>>343059951
>Coffee house replaces windmill
I've always fucking hated this. It really pisses me off. I don;t get why it replaces a windmill.
>>
>>343056176
hmm
>>
>>343074047
The art style really annoys me because the rest of the game sounds pretty good and I like the Sea but the land stuff just looks awful.

Something about the Civ V style made me want to settle places just because they looked nice.
>>
>>343074047
How fucking young are you that you play Civilization for the fucking art design?
>>
>>343074812
I never expected great design from Civ games but I just don't want to stare at crappy mobile clay art you fuckface
>>
>>343056176
Going for a roll
>>
>>343072826
>we can discuss and speculate!
>"omg no need to be coastal to build ships dead game"

Fuck off. Your non-coastal naval power requires a district. For all we know districts are very limited, so having this non-coastal shipbuilding city will put you behind on science, since you lack a scientific district. For all we know the naval district comes in the middle of the game, so you skipped half the game not being able to use your sea resources and explore.
There is too much unknown, You are speculating on what a picture looks like after seeing 10 pixels in one corner.
>>
>>343074812
>mubh graphix
>in a turn based strategy game

How old do you think he is?
>>
>>343075647
>>343074812
Hello samefriend
>>
>>343075647
Nice try m8
>>
>>343075754
>>343075825
My first post in the thread, you would've seen the IP counter go up. Fucking paranoid morons.
>>
>>343075992
Yo mama never saw my dick go up either but still
>>
>>343048978
>Jew state literally pushes their jew agenda to everyone they can reach

Fucking poetry baby. The truth begins to shine.
>>
File: 1466934037231.jpg (104 KB, 692x960) Image search: [Google]
1466934037231.jpg
104 KB, 692x960
>>343056176
anything but cultural win.
>>
>>343076146
she wouldn't if it's that small
>>
>>343078451
Did that really take 25 minutes to come up with
>>
File: 1460172811506.png (135 KB, 211x307) Image search: [Google]
1460172811506.png
135 KB, 211x307
>>343076915
>>
File: 1464181552718.gif (2 MB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1464181552718.gif
2 MB, 400x500
>>343076915
ohh god
>>
>>343078564
that's about how long it took for yours to come up too
>>
>>343078908
no ur a faggot
>>
>>343079039
fight me bro irl not online
>>
File: Outbreak Company.jpg (430 KB, 1269x1080) Image search: [Google]
Outbreak Company.jpg
430 KB, 1269x1080
Beyond Earth is officially dead. How stupid do all the
>it will be fixed with expansions!
feel right now?
>>
>>343059951

Austria in general is a major wut

>only 500 gold to take over a city
>no matter what they are
>Kaffeehaus
>>
I want to build wide massive empires like I could in Civ II. The key to that game was building as many cities as you could. You still had to manage them properly, but assuming you did, the victory usually went to the biggest empire (and best run).

Civ III started punishing you for building too many cities, and Civ IV basically hamstrung you for doing it.

I want to paint the map. A big sprawling map. With remote corners still to uncover by the time you invent space flight.
>>
>>343060132
>>343060213
If you're willing to map scum and choose a map specifically for him that's almost entirely forest and jungle then he can be really fun. You have road movement all the time and all your enemies are hobbled by the terrain.
>>
>>343056023
wide is only preferable for one out of the four possible victory conditions (on single player anyway)
for science it's 50/50, for diplomacy and culture your satallite cities are next to useless
>>
>>343057379
>finding optimal strategies to win at a strategy game is "minmaxing" and isn't fun
>>
>>343056176
germany plox
Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.