[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The real reason there is no playable female link in Zelda: Breath
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160628_005839.jpg (125 KB, 476x599) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160628_005839.jpg
125 KB, 476x599
The real reason there is no playable female link in Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
>>
This should be the only answer they ever give these cretins.
>>
IGN just asked stupid stuff, didn't they?

>Hey why is Link right-handed?
>WHY CAN'T WE PLAY AS A GURL???
>CAN WE FIGHT THE LAST BOSS STRAIGHT AWAY?

God knows what's up with these progressive fucks only caring about the most useless details
>>
>>343038773
>Why isn't Link right-handed
Please tell me they don't ask this...
>>
I want to see how Wu and Xir legion react to this.
>>
>>343038773
>>343039029
>why is Link right-handed
>the validity of your argument
Pick one and fuck off. Without motion controls, there's literally no cause for it.
>>
>>343039029
http://nintendoeverything.com/why-link-is-right-handed-in-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/

>Just like in Zelda: Skyward Sword, Link is right-handed in Breath of the Wild. Producer Eiji Aonuma recently explained to IGN why this is so. It’s actually pretty simple: Aonuma said that Link is right-handed because you initiate attacks with your right hand on the GamePad.

>https://twitter.com/jose_otero/status/742822320176128000
>>
>>343038469
I honestly love that Nintendo has been doing no wrong when it comes to the way they have dealt with the SJWs and Feminists on this matter. They said "We want a female link" so they gave them a female character wearing green that looks similar to link. They go "No, we want LINK to be female" so they go "No, Link is male and has always been male, I think we can all agree that it would be wrong to force someone to be a gender they aren't..."

Then this comes out and Nintendo goes "You can't play as a woman because Link is male, and this story is about Link."
>>
>>343039302
So lefties can just go fuck themselves then, I guess?

As a lefty, this article makes me feel discriminated against.
>>
>>343039845
Link was always left handed though, and honestly they SHOULD let you choose if you are left handed or right for Link because the only reason he is right-handed in recent games is because of the motion controls.
>>
>>343039845
>inferior genes
>>
>>343039845
feels good being ambidextrous master race
>>
Youre actually suppose to hold your shield with your main hand and your sword with your off hand.
Having the complete control over the thing stopping you from dying was seen as more important than getting a few good stabs in.
>>
>>343039845
why? should everyone else feel discriminated against when link ISNT right handed? is that the precedent you want to set, faggot?
>>
>>343039753
>we want a female link
>they gave them a delusional female who looks like link and thinks she is him
I'm a sonypony and even I have to say bravo, nintendo
>>
>>343041928
a little.
>>
>>343038469

Bullshit response, they hinted at femlink for awhile and backtracked. I aint buying this shit until it's dirt cheap or 2nd hand
>>
>>343043302
>they hinted at femlink for awhile
Your delusional fantasies are not Nintendo saying they're going to do something.
>>
>>343043172
i guess i understand a bit. i too want to watch the world burn
>>
File: 1449865044175.gif (2 MB, 480x317) Image search: [Google]
1449865044175.gif
2 MB, 480x317
I just realized that game journos are basically aspiring game devs who lack the spine to create their own games. Their rancor comes from their own sterility.
>>
>>343043371
nope, they hinted at it even after linkle.

and I know linkle was an entirely joke char
>>
>>343039753
>I honestly love that Nintendo has been doing no wrong when it comes to the way they have dealt with the SJWs and Feminists on this matter.
Yeah instead of needlessly diversifying and forcing genders, they simply censor everything sexual. Go Nintendo!
>>
>>343043302
SS straight up says the Hero's Spirit is based on the first Hero and always will be, a male, and we need the duality of male/female between him and Zelda anyways.

Fucking deal with it.
>>
>>343043302

The only thing that ever happened was PR for Hyrule Warriors and Linkle that people completely misinterpreted. They said "gosh we really like Linkle a lot so hey don't be surprised if she shows up somewhere else! (not really we're actually just saying this because why on earth would we be negative about our DLC)"

People then read into that as meaning female Link is totally coming you guys.
>>
>>343043624
says he has to be male AND the hero. so we also cant have a game where zelda has the triforce of courage or has to save link
>>
I think more games should have women in.

However aren't the Zelda games the games most liked by women, other than like the sims? Surely this proves that Zelda games don't need a lady link
>>
>>343039753
"The" SJWs. As if nobody here is triggered endlessly about muh sexualized Samus.
>>
>>343043739
Precisely, besides why would Link need saving anyways, dude knows how to fight his way through hordes of enemies. People want female Link don't even play the games anyways or just want it so they can fap and nothing more despite Zelda having tons of waifus.

It's dumb.
>>
>>343043782
no dude, you're wrong, pretty boys definitely do not appeal to women
they can only enjoy seeing a female like themselves on screen
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>People still buttmad over no Fem Link
>>
>>343043782
Actual female Zelda fans are eating up the fact you can have Link pretty much naked in BotW. It's only buttmad radical retards on tumblr and reddit trying to force shit that likely don't even play the damn games.
>>
>>343043302
When did they do that anon?
>>
>>343043912
>pretty boys definitely do not appeal to women

Can't tell if sarcasm or not, I hope it's not, because otherwise that's retarded.
>>
>>343043878
yeah it is. i think the only way to have a female protagonist is to have an impa game where she has to deal with some random evil thats not demise related. that way it doesnt conflict with anything
>impa is female
>shes brown
but they will then complain shes not brown enough, or that she should be gay, or that she should be male but feel like a female, or that she needs to have prosthetic limbs. itll never end for these people. and when the broken and beaten devs deliver to them the abortion that is the putrid shit they have created, they will turn away, satisfied, and nonchalantly proclaim that they dont play video games
>>
>>343043912
>they can only enjoy seeing a female like themselves on screen
You underestimate the power of yaoi obsessed women.
>>
>>343039753

I care very little for the whole sjw/pc shitstorm, but folks screaming boycott over no femlink is hilarious
>>
>>343038469
Why can't these fucking bitches understand that the Hero of Time has to have his gender fucking consistent because HE'S THE HERO OF TIME.

LoZ already has a cornucopia of strong female characters, hell even Zelda is a strong female character.
Not to mention Zelda's a perfect manifestation of a model female: beautiful, poised, intelligent, and strong.

What the fuck do these bitches want?
>>
>>343044147
it's sarcasm
I think you've got which scenario would be retarded backwards, though
>>
>>343044194
Aonuma even said they were debating on making a Sheik game, but like you said, she's not lesbian or brown or whatever enough.

Eventually we'll have nothing but catered and pandered games and while that doesn't make the game itself bad, they could be otherwise great games, it'll drive away a huge portion of the fanbase and we'll have another crash and honestly we're due for one with the way games are going, and not just for the SJW/PC pandering but just the general attitude of publishing and developing and the inevitable new consoles every year thing to try their damndest to compete with PC.

It's just too much on all ends. Hell the SJW crowd took an obvious joke from 30 years ago just to say Samus was a newhalf, which ironically undermines the first major female in gaming that people loved and had no problem with being female, yet when you point that out you're somehow a bigot towards newhalf/trannies/etc. and they instantly block you. It's gotten to the point where it's just a parody of itself anymore.
>>
>>343039236

Except left handed people are shit and should be dragged from their homes and beaten.
>>
>>343044263
>What the fuck do these bitches want?
More representation of marjinalized genders and races, anon. It's [CURRENT YEAR].
https://youtu.be/rB6ucVBOfCQ
>>
>>343044070
This is a weird point to make, maybe it's true for some women.

I'm a guy, but I don't mind playing a male or female character. Not because I like staring at the female character and because I relate to the male one, but just because I like playing different characters with different personalities.
>>
>>343039845
>As a lefty,
what's it like having a genetic malformation?
>>
>>343044951
I don't mind it either, but virtually every female Zelda fan is gushing and grooling over Naked Link, they fucking love it.
>>
>>343044474
all that shit sucks, but on top of that i wouldnt want a sheik game. shes just zelda. that just kind of undermines the whole thing. its like making goro, which is link in a magic goron disguise. and now hes a damsel in distress, but its okay because its goro and not link. its still link. this is till zelda. thats why i said impa. and it would be kind of pointless to make sheik a separate character just to fill that role when impa is already there ready to fill it.

and no im not an impa fanboy. its just feels obvious to me. like you know you have to go left, everyone is shouting to go right, and the driver is thinking about just going back. just go left you know. no need to make it difficult for yourself
>>
>>343043596
>Yeah instead of needlessly diversifying and forcing genders, they simply censor everything sexual. Go Nintendo!

That's a separate issue, though. Nintendo don't censor anything sexual for SJW reasons, but instead because they think they have a "family friendly" image to maintain.

Spoiler: Fags and Trannies are NOT seen as "family friendly".
>>
>>343043596
That's just NoA not the part that actually has talent.
>>
>>343044991
Genetic diversity != malformation. I bet you think double-jointed people ought to be burned at the stake.
>>
>>343045086
I don't disagree, it's a good point to make actually. Besides we had some Zelda being actually useful and fighting in ST and she was a fantastic Zelda, the best yet I personally find in terms of personality and usefulness. But all these people bitching probably don't know that at all, just like they don't know about HW, all they saw was "Well that's not actually female Link, so it's wrong, WRONG." Even though you can play as tons of female from the series and all who play major roles.

Oh well, idiots will be idiots.
>>
>>343045086
But also they said that if they make a game about Zelda "what is Link going to do?" It seem that Nintendo can't fathom the idea of a Zelda game without Link.
>>
>>343045215
Pretty much. The same goes for people with attached earlobes. It's disgusting.
>>
>>343045053
There's always a lot of threads about finding characters hot or being ugly, I just don't think it affects most people like some people thinks it does.

Although if you've seen lots of proof of that, I don't dispute it. I just think some female players enjoy a good game and not need a hot guy character to schlick over or a stronk female to relate to. Maybe it's a vocal minority?
>>
>>343045267
>Tetra's Trackers and Tingle's Rupees

To be fair, it is rather boring without Link. They could pull a OoT/WW bridge game with Sheik since there is no Link there and she ultimately fails. God imagine how pissed tumblrites would be.
>>
>>343045340
Not him, but I've seen people on twitter being like "Shame I didn't get female Link, but that Link though" with a pic of him without a shirt and pants on. Never forget double standards.
>>
>>343039845
>>343044991
>not being ambidextrous

What's it like effectively being a cripple?
>>
>>343045389
Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is great though.
>>
Not a valid excuse
Cosmo was a boy too
>>
A boy (female).
>>
>>343045695
Guess I should become a woman then, I mean I'm a boy too, it would be a real shame if I continued as a boy.
>>
Why isn't <male character> suddenly not a girl in <sequel>?
>>
>>343045263
they just bitch to bitch. they dont actually give a shit and will find any excuse to be angry, which sounds like /v/ but these people really are worse because they do it for real instead of shitposting anonymously like /v/

>>343045267
>It seem that Nintendo can't fathom the idea of a Zelda game without Link
well yeah. i assume they mean an actual zelda game and not just some sort of spin off. for lore reasons link HAS to be the hero and zelda cannot. so this cannot be flipped. even if link wasnt around, we know zelda can do nothing against ganondorf since the last time this happened the gods flooded hyrule. i mean i really cant think of any way to make a game about just zelda because the whole deal is that link is the courageous one who goes adventuring with zeldas guidance. the problem isnt what link would be doing, its how can we make a real zelda game without him without breaking the lore. im not saying zelda isnt brave or cant fight or anything. she is. but she doesnt have the drive or power to destroy evil like link can
>>
LGBT won;t take this because they don;t think logically.

There's a bunch of Gender Nuetral Zelda hacks going up to WInd Waker on Romhacking.net right now calling link's gender a "bug"
>>
why cant link have the option to tuck his dick between his legs, would this not be best for all?
>>
>>343045483
Yeah that is a bit of a double standard. I wonder if it's a vocal minority though. I know everyone on this board isn't making those pathetic "X IS A CUTE, A CUTE"

I think 90% of people male or female just enjoy good games and don't mind different characters. I remember people whining about San andreas, but they turned out to be a vocal minority when the game sold millions and millions of copies
>>
>>343039845

>So lefties can just go fuck themselves then, I guess?

Unless you got some magic new controller - lefties will still be using their right hands to attack.

This isn't about representation, its about Aonuma wanting the show explicitly show how the controller connects with Link in this game.
>>
>>343044991
>>343045516

Well uhh... Alright, I guess. My ass kinda itches and I need to go get a haircut some time in the near future. Other than that I feel pretty good.
>>
>>343046324
>Unless you got some magic new controller
Or a southpaw option in the game.
>>
>>343045215
There was a reason they thought lefties were the devil back in the old days.
>>
>>343038773
>God knows what's up with these progressive fucks only caring about the most useless details
Because it's click-bait. They knew you faggots would click the link, post the topic on the internet, and get triggered by it.

Just fucking ignore it and it goes away.
>>
>>343045516
you're not ambidextrous
>>
>>343039236
This. There's no reason for Link to be right handed on consoles anymore now that wagglan is over
>>
>>343038469
WHY CAN'T I PLAY AS GIRL MARIO IN A MARIO GAME AND HAVE A LESBIAN RELATIONSHIP WITH PEACH??? WHY CAN'T BOWSER BE A SEXY TRANS, NINTENDO???
STOP SURPRESSING ME!!!! T-T
>>
>>343038469
Who the fuck wants a female link? They should ask for a playable female character instead, Linkle could be this character.
>>
Why do SJWs never talk about female Mario or female Snake?

It's weird how they've zeroed-in on poor Link.
>>
>>343044670
Lmao, he doesn't know that left handed people are more successful and seen as more attractive on average.
>>
>>343048856
>Play as linkle
>You don't get the true ending because she doesn't have the triforce
Imagine the butthurt.
>>
>>343049231
Left handed people are more successful in the same way black people commit more crime. There is less of them, so when one does something it pushes their average way up.
>>
>>343044195
Then why won't they stop bitching about it?
>>
>>343049552
because yaoi obsessed women and SJW fucktards are two different groups of people
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.