[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rock Band 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 640x710) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 640x710
Is it worth it? I don't mind paying for some DLC I like. I just want to know if anyone bought it, and if so if it captures the fun of the others and is a sound purchase.
>>
File: rocksmith.jpg (150 KB, 1023x506) Image search: [Google]
rocksmith.jpg
150 KB, 1023x506
>>343034828
>>
>>343035184
I wasn't really looking for a guitar sim.
I just want Rock Band for more of a party game.
>>
No, it is not. It takes all that was good in the series and locks it behind a paywall.
>>
File: RB_Rivals.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
RB_Rivals.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>343035662
>no pro guitar
>no pro keys
i>nstruments are so shit they are now being manufactured by pdp instead of madcatz
>they are going to sell online multiplayer as an expansion
>said expansion wont have any songs
>>
>>343034828
Fuck No, mget RB2/3 or some GH game aside GH live.
>>
>>343036198
So besides the set list they give you being shit is it still fun? Like if they had given out better songs would it have been better?
>>
>>343036960
The game feels half arsed as fuck, they even took away the entire custom character creator from RB3.

Sure you have all that damn dlc list but Song list is awful. If you really want play go ahead.
>>
It feels very bare bones, but the core RB experience is still there.

If you've never bought DLC before or exported any of the previous games before, you're pretty much too late for really good songs like all of RB2's setlist and some of the party ones in Lego.

Rock Band 3's is still available but not for long I'd imagine.
>>
>>343034828

Do you like the genre?

If yes, check the backlog of DLC and see if you like the list (it's huge)
>>
>>343037689
Damn.
Is it at least better than Guitar Hero Live?
I know I would really only play it with family and friends. Not really for competitive multiplayer or story mode and stuff. If you strip away the fact it has a shit set list (because like I said I wouldn't mind paying money for good DLC) would it at least still be good for that experience?
-OP
>>
>>343039198
I checked it about an hour ago and I have to say there is definitely enough content there to make it complete for me and my friends.
-OP
>>
>>343039312
Guitar Hero Live is dogshit.

You don't keep any of the DLC you choose, and you only get a certain amount of plays per song with the play tokens thing. I would not bother.
>>
>>343039871
WOAH WAIT. When you buy the DLCs you don't even get to play them as much as you want?
>>
>>343039871
Oh you were talking about Guitar Hero Live. Okay so completely fuck that game then.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.