[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Sony ever top this? or will they exist the portable market?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 2694220-6042051001-25917.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1081) Image search: [Google]
2694220-6042051001-25917.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1081
Will Sony ever top this? or will they exist the portable market?
>>
Sorry bud, I think Sony is done with portables.
>>
>>343029804
Who knows?
WII U sold like shit and NX is comming out, maybe Sony will try to do the same.
>>
>>343029804
i really love the vita but thing i don't think i've played games that are vita only.
>>
>a portable playstation with power in between the PS3 and PS4

This will never happen. ;_;
>>
>>343029804
Shame. The Vita is the technological ingenious that only comes around once every few decades, one well ahead of its time. Sure, games couldn't get onboard because of how complex it was, but that wasn't the Vita's fault.

The only thing that really hurts honestly are all those people with the DS who think their games matter. Vita might not have the games, but it's got the fucking potential. It won on the cerebrum level, and I'll take that victory over anything.
>>
File: 1436748126315.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1436748126315.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>343029804
They said years ago that they no longer think a handheld console market exists now that mobile is so popular, and that the market isn't there right now.

>I hope, like many of you, that this culture of playing portable games continues but the climate is not healthy for now because of the huge dominance of mobile gaming.

Source for people who want it:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-26-sony-climate-not-healthy-for-playstation-vita-successor

As much as it sucks to admit it, dedicated gamers who are willing to buy a non-Nintendo handheld are far and few between. We're too niche of an audience, shitty as that may be to come to terms with.
>>
>>343029804
There might not be another one but it's most likely to keep existing long after the current console generation is gone I mean look at the psp
>>
File: 3DO-FZ1-Console-Set.jpg (153 KB, 1076x800) Image search: [Google]
3DO-FZ1-Console-Set.jpg
153 KB, 1076x800
>>343030495
The Dreamcast was ahead of its time too, and supported online gaming more than anything else up until that point.

Going even further back, the 3DO was ridiculously powerful for the time. Like the Vita, the market decided it was outside of their price range for what it was, so it failed as a product.
>>
File: 1465513973334.jpg (123 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1465513973334.jpg
123 KB, 960x720
>>343030495

Will confirm, having a vita with ark is amazing, emulators for all 1-5 gen consoles, the library of psp and ps1 games, and decent exclusives.

I just wish sony would show the vita atleast a little more support, as it is pretty much dead here in the us
>>
>>343031117
>the market decided it was outside of their price range

Dude, anything is ridiculously powerful if you pump enough money into it.

The Sega Model 2 arcade machine came out around the same time as the 3DO and was shitloads more powerful, the only problem was that it cost like $20 000 for one machine.

If you want an example of a console that was really powerful on a cost basis try the N64 or Gamecube.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.