[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm here to bring you some really funny news, /v/. You see,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: dragon's dogma online.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dragon's dogma online.jpg
112 KB, 1920x1080
I'm here to bring you some really funny news, /v/. You see, it was a no brainer for Capcom to localize Dragon's Dogma Online, right? Well it was, but you see, some people within Capcom felt that the outfits were a bit too revealing and didn't want to deal with the bitching the game would elicit, so while DD got localized because it came out before this really got on Capcom's radar, that's right, your ideal game, the game you're all salivating to play for its great combat, Dragon's Dogma Online is one of the games taken away from you. You'll never see another Dragon's Dogma game again. Enjoy.
>>
>>343016615
It was terrible game. DD2 should have happened instead.
>>
>>343016615
Boy I would fucking love some actual proof to that and not you shooting your overfed smarmy mouth of yours.
>>
>>343017752
It can't be terrible if it has That Combat. I'd fight through a thousand Kill 5 Wombat quests with That Combat
>>
>>343018005
You won't get any official word because Capcom doesn't have to talk about it so they don't. This isn't a costume change or a camera angle change in SFV.
>>
Haha, and those two faggots Ha"always DPs on wakeup"unts and Combo "dropped out of bootcamp in the army" fiend actually work for this company willingly lmao
>>
>>343016615

Dragons dogma is shit pcfags just pretended it was good because it was the only game they got last year
>>
>>343018917
wait what??

You're a loon.
>>
File: 1224672264700.png (5 KB, 210x168) Image search: [Google]
1224672264700.png
5 KB, 210x168
>>343016615
>the game you're all salivating to play for its great combat, Dragon's Dogma Online
>>
>>343019474
They didn't change the combat in DDO. The problems people have with DDO are in other areas.
>>
>>343019578
>They didn't change the combat in DDO.
Yes they did retard, fuck off.
>>
>>343018363
Nice deflection.
>>
>>343016615
>outfits were a bit too revealing
Source on that? DD had a few kinky stuff and Capcom let it slide.
>>
>>343020109
Holy shit you didn't even read the full OP, it says right there why
>>
>>343019694
What did they do to the combat?
>>
>>343020326
Everything now has no weight and just gives you floating damage numbers, enemies have massively inflated health, everything is less lethal, archers now have an active reload mechanic. It's boring as shit.
>>
File: 1453417078647.jpg (22 KB, 533x477) Image search: [Google]
1453417078647.jpg
22 KB, 533x477
>capcom, a company knowingly struggling with finances, decided to kill a potential source of revenue in the west not because it might not be profitable enough to make back localization costs, but because they were afraid of tumblr

Wow, that sounds VERY plausible, OP. Good job figuring that one out and posting it here, because of your great work I am now enlightened and euphoric in my battle against the evil feminists.

Neck yourself.
>>
>>343016615
You're full of shit. They're not releasing the game because it would cost too much for what it is. They know we want 2 instead.
>>
>>343020747
>You're full of shit. They're not releasing the game because it would cost too much for what it is.
Then why did they make it? It cost far more to make it than it costs to localize it
>>
>>343020707
>Neck yourself
STOP THIS MEME IT'S KYS KYS KYS!!!
>>
>>343020935

Because japan wanted it and frankly Capcom doesn't give a fuck about us, anon.
>>
>>343021412
Even if Japan wants something, if it won't sell enough to make bank it doesn't get made
>>
>>343016615
They released DMC4 updated version with playable Lady with her tits out, your argument is invalid.
>>
>>343020935
>It cost far more to make it than it costs to localize it

Because localizing it is a pretty big additional cost that they have reason to believe isn't worth it. No company is averse to making money, if Capcom believed they could push DD online in the west and make money with it, they would.
>>
>>343021752
Your argument assumes corporations are not made up of humans who have to deal with people complaining to them about sexism.
>>
>>343020663
>Everything now has no weight and just gives you floating damage numbers

I have no idea how you could have come to this conclusion. Feels exactly the same jumping between Dark Arisen and DDON.

>enemies have massively inflated health

Not really. You just can't out-level everything massively anymore because you're level capped. Big monsters can still go down in a single Bolide swarm with sufficient attack power.

>everything is less lethal

That's redundant with your previous point. Unless you're talking about incoming damage, in which case that's a silly thing to complain about considering there's no reload from checkpoint option online.

>archers now have an active reload mechanic

How is this a negative???

The problems with DDON have fuck-all to do with the combat, anon. I don't see how you came to these conclusions.
>>
>>343021920
You do not live in reality if you think that sort of thing affects business decisions.

At most, it affects marketing and occasionally results in some extremely minor texture or artwork edits. Those edits don't cost anywhere near enough to warrant keeping a game out of a region.

It's everything else that matters. Translating, localizing, server infrastructure, etc., etc. Same reason PSO2 hasn't come to the West.
>>
Good riddance. Bought it for 360 first because everyone kept talking how amazing it is. Got bored in 5 hours and didn't play it. Rebought the Dark Arisen version trying to give it a second chance because people still kept jerking off to it, still got bored.

Now I Rebought this damn game on the pc thinking I might enjoy it without screen tearing and 20 fps but I guess the joke is still on me, can't enjoy it.

I'm trying my hardest but I just can't enjoy it. Am I missing out on something? I really hate the pawn system and having to take them with me. I just can't get immersed with 3 people tailing my ass. I can immerse myself fine in morrowind, new vegas or STALKER. But I'm seriously not feeling anything while playing dragon's dogma.

I hate being so cynical and hard to impress.
>>
Dragon's Dogma was a good game. Good, not great. And the combat was similarly good but not great. I don't get why people overrate it so much. The potential for a great game is there but neither the original game or Dark Arisen tap it.
>>
>>343022449
Except, you know, producers have flat out said at has had an effect on their decisions, like Tekkenman being leery about bringing over Summer Lesson because every race, color and creed is going to want to have a girl in it
>>
>>343021920
No, YOUR argument assumes that corporations are made up of humans who care more about vocal minorities pestering them than making money. If Capcom believed this game could be profitable in the west, they would have localized it as soon as possible. You yourself made a very good point to this effect: localizing costs are negligible compared to development costs.

Hell, just look at SFV if you're still not convinced. People complained, and what did Capcom do? Changed a couple of camera angles here and there, altered the way some moves played out, and that's literally it. Months later, they release alt costumes that show EVEN MORE skin than the originals. Karin is even getting a fucking bikini.

Businesses just don't care, anon. It's one of the (sometimes) wonderful aspects of capitalism.
>>
>>343022570
>I don't get why people overrate it so much.
Because there are about 6 games ever made with good combat and DD is one
>>
>>343021920
Your argument assumes that potential complaints about sexism supersede actual money. You are literally retarded if you think a billion-dollar corporation known for its unrepentant fanservice and skimpy costume DLC could give a single fuck about sexism if it gets in the way of their bottom line.
>>
>>343022714
>No, YOUR argument assumes that corporations are made up of humans who care more about vocal minorities pestering them than making money.
They do, because the company makes the money, not them. So if localizing a game will cause them more problems and will make a bit of money for the company they'll be like "meh might as well not"
>>
>>343022637
But that has fuck-all to do with sexy outfits and everything to do with market demographics.

Extremely Japanese games tend not to do very well in the West. Summer Lesson is about as Japanese as it fucking gets.
>>
>>343022802
see >>343022818
Investors make money off corporations' bottom lines. Employees only get a salary
>>
>>343016615
For one, as a massive DD fanboy, we don't want this. We wanted a DD2, or perhaps a DD:Complete to the Moon Edition. And in those entries, we wanted online co-op.

Capcom went and made a stupid MMO instead.

It's not coming over because it was just a cheap cash in, on Japans love boner for MMO type games. Chances are Capcom actually are making a DD2, and will release it worldwide, because one has to remember the game sold far better outside JP. I actually think Capcom will release a DD version for PS4/ONE first to garner interest and extra money.

Also the original DD had plenty of lewd shit. It had revealing costumes, it had a character creator with fucking breast sliders. You could put any clothes on any character. So no it's nonsense to think Capcom didn't bring it over for that reason. ESPECIALLY WHEN SFV HAS LEWD COSTUMES.
>>
>>343022961
That isn't how Harada phrased it. The inclusive 'requirement' is what he commented on, not that the game is too Japanese. It's just interacting with another human, although I suppose any game where you don't tear out people's spines is now considered "weird" and "Japanese"
>>
>>343023012
Employees have literally, LITERALLY, no say in whether a game gets localized or not. Because, you know, they're employees.
>>
>>343023332
Actually producers do and producers are employees. Investors do not vote on what gets localized.
>>
>>343022449
PSO2 hasn't come to the west for legal reasons
>>
>>343022818
>So if localizing a game will cause them more problems and will make a bit of money for the company they'll be like "meh might as well not"

What? You think employees can seriously decide to not make money because some random retard on twitter might complain if they do? How exactly do you explain SFV being released in the west despite the fact that it's 80% fanservice, then?
>>
I don't fucking care where is my MHO English localization? The fucken patch is awesome but it's not enough.
>>
D E E P
O
W
N
>>
>>343023964
They can if the game is a niche one and wouldn't make too much money. They can't refrain from localizing SFV, but DDO they can
>>
>>343023028
>because one has to remember the game sold far better outside JP.
The entire reason why DDO is a Jap exclusive f2p game is because Dragon's Dogma sold better in Japan than any other region. Japanese preorders alone dwarfed western sales on launch, and it continued to sell steadily over time. The Japanese supported Dragon's Dogma so Capcom gave them what they wanted.

I also believe they will make a DD2 and release it worldwide though.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.