[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should healers DPS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 42040342_p0.jpg (742 KB, 773x1076) Image search: [Google]
42040342_p0.jpg
742 KB, 773x1076
Should healers DPS?
>>
Stupid question.

Depends entirely on what game
>>
>>342990272
of course they should.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ItMgFyFBg
>>
Of course, why would I bring a dedicated healer instead of 4 damage guys and a stockpile of items? Killing more enemies faster is more than enough to offset the cost.
>>
FF14 is the only game I have ever played where people get mad when you tell healers to DPS.
>>
>>342991254
What? It's completely the other way around. People get pissed when the healer is just standing there waiting for the tank to take damage.
>>
If realistically possible, there's no reason not to
>>
>>342991254
Um..
>>
>>342991171
What if the game doesn't have any healing items and the only way to get full health back is by waiting a long time or returning to spawn / safezone?
>>
>>342991254
The only people who get mad are the shitter healers who want to stand there with their thumb up their ass doing nothing but tossing a heal every 10 seconds.
>>
>>342991573
Then it's a shit game and you shouldn't play it
>>
It depends

However, generally speaking in large group content, if healers have time to do such a thing, you should cut healers instead (of course, some enemies might have very damage-intensive phases with very little healing required) so no, ideally you wouldn't have healers doing damage (although if you have too many healers then they might as well make themselves useful and do something).

Conversely, if there's only one healer present, it often depends on resource regeneration: If healer doing damage in earnest would increase downtime, it probably isn't worth it, but otherwise I would expect them to do damage when they can afford it.
>>
FFXI > FFXIV due to classes having the option to play more than one role and there being no set way to play a class.
>Warrior could DPS or Tank
>Paladin could Heal or Tank
>Samurai could DPS or Tank
>Ninja could DPS or Tank
>White Mage were mostly healers but could form mana burn parties and grind on undead
>Summoners could DPS or Heal
>Red Mage did everything

FFXI up to ToA was better than or equal to WoW. I miss being good enough to group with Japanese players.
>you will never play Sam/Rng, Rdm/Brd again
>>
>>342991254
I've seen it go both ways.

I've seen tanks get mad when you tell the healers to DPS

I've seen Healers get mad when you tell the healers to DPS.

A couple weeks ago I got a healer saying they'll only heal because they were watching Game of Thrones. So as the tank I just /sit and said I'll watch it as well. The DPS did the same thing and the healer got pissed off, called us "toxic" and left
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.