[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can we do to reduce toxicity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: toxx.gif (5 KB, 100x25) Image search: [Google]
toxx.gif
5 KB, 100x25
What can we do to reduce toxicity?
>>
Can't be done, aside from people suddenly deciding to change their behavior.

Shitheads are going to be shitheads. Your only real options are tell them to tone it the fuck down and hope they listen, or ban their ass.
>>
File: Tw3_potion_white_honey.png (7 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
Tw3_potion_white_honey.png
7 KB, 64x64
>>342981674
>>
>>342981674
Constantly say "Salt" :^)
>>
>>342981674
Drink milk
>>
>>342981674
toxicity is what keeps our niche alive and our content pure.
>>
Sage shit threads
>>
>>342982206

Sometimes. It also eats away at the group from within.

I play both Street Fighter and Melee. Don't get me wrong, SF has plently of niggas chimping out when they lose. But they are nowhere near the level of the worst Melee players, it's sickening how bad they get.
>>
>>342981674
Go back to SA, faggot.
>>
>>342981824
Or you can fucking mute them, retard.
>>
>"toxic"

>people have differing views and that angers me

Oh no, someone called you a faggot for acting like a faggot booohoooo
>>
>>342982903
>I play both Street Fighter and Melee. Don't get me wrong, SF has plently of niggas chimping out when they lose. But they are nowhere near the level of the worst Melee players, it's sickening how bad they get.

you mean to tell me that there are melee players who are saltier than lowtiergod?
i don't believe you
>>
>>342985274

You can't mute people in person.
>>
>>342981674
Nice gif. Too bad it has nothing to do with what you're talking about.
>>
>>342981919
Underr8d post
>>
>>342985603
Good thing that this is within the context of videogames.
>>
Easy. Remove anonymity.
>>
>>342981674
poster ids and flags
>>
The toxicity in our city?
>>
>>342985568

LTG doesn't go to majors.

>>342986075

Tournaments aren't videogames?
>>
>>342986472
No they are tournaments, duh.
>>
>>342986583

Where they play videogames. And toxic behavior comes from people when they lose (or sometimes win) at said videogames.
>>
>>342986380
IN OUR CIIIIIITY
>>
EATING SEEDS
>>
Stop making games that make people want to strangle each other
>>
>>342985603
That'd be prison. You have to have really thin skin to be offended by something non-illegal considering you can get someone shut down for even hinting at a threat or even being loud at certain times of the day.
>>
>>342986932
>You have to have really thin skin to be offended by something non-illegal
>I have never been around tournamentgoers and have no idea how they can act.

You've never seen a nigga throw a chair when they lose.
>>
File: 1459206771936.jpg (44 KB, 488x410) Image search: [Google]
1459206771936.jpg
44 KB, 488x410
We can do nothing but hope that people will quit gettin' mad at video games.
I like trash talk and think it's a defining aspect of competitive gaming, but it seems that the concept of trash talk itself is going over nearly everyone's head these days; we have a lot of people who take video games too seriously, a lot of people who have no wit, and a lot of people who don't know where the line between trash talk and straight up ridicule goes.
It's very noticable in the Smash tourney community, with dudes doing victory dances, banging on the other player's head and other autistic shit, the crowd going HOO HA watching a Diddy match and so on.

Seeing some kid write something in the vein of "rekt like ur mum" doesn't make me angry. It does however make me disappointed and embarrassed toward the people I share a hobby with.
>>
What we really need to do is off anyone who uses the term, even ironically, unless it's in the context of actual toxic substances, or the hit 2003 Britney Spears song.
>>
>>342988021

To wit, trash talk has gone to the point where the people engaging in it are acting less like pro wrestlers and more like pro boxers.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.