[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are people still playing this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: DS steam.jpg (90 KB, 979x494) Image search: [Google]
DS steam.jpg
90 KB, 979x494
Are people still playing this game?
>>
I'm trying to actually go through and finish the bloody game though, not seeing many soapstones though
>>
Yeah but no messages or anything.
>>
5405 in game right now on Steam, pretty fucking alive for a 5 year old game.
>>
It discount 75% so I wonder if I should by it.
>>
Why would you care if anyone else is playing?

Your first Souls game playtrough should always be going in blind and solo.
>>
File: 1464144776438.gif (254 KB, 226x151) Image search: [Google]
1464144776438.gif
254 KB, 226x151
>>342981665
Use Wulfs DSCM fix if you want to play with friends or even just see what areas are populated it literally has a fucking "server browser" for players really useful
>>
>>342983960
Why would you buy a game with online feature if it's dead?
>>
>>342984214

Because it's better in offline mode.
>>
I got summons on random bosses sometimes even with 1000 players, and right now there's more than that
You'll definitely never run out of summons at O&S
>>
>>342984214
Because online features in DS aren't really that important
>>
>>342981665
Yes, a lot. But it doesn't matter, since the game is no fun if you have someone on NG+++ etc killing everything for you, pleb
>>
>>342984214
The online features are just a bonus not the main features or selling points of the game.
>>
>>342981665
I get maximum player nodes all the time, so they must be.
>>
Isn't that redditthing coming up where people are starting DS1 playthroughs?
You might want to check that if you want much PvP or coop on your first playthrough.
That said, Dark Souls is worth it offline as well.
>>
>>342981665
of course.
>>
>Dark Souls 1
>2012

Where's the time go?
>>
File: 1456983148447.png (264 KB, 407x308) Image search: [Google]
1456983148447.png
264 KB, 407x308
I bought it off g2a a few weeks ago. I still haven't finished it. The retarded as fuck hitboxes and mechanics made me lose the will to play.

>Dodge a wide swing from a boss
>Get hit anyways
>Check shadowplay to see if I'm just retarded
>Not I actually did dodge in time and I guess the fucking air around the sword did all that damage to me and knocked me back

>Any enemy ever goes for a slow and heavy overhead attack
>Dodge too early and they turn as they swing to hit me anyways
This could happen irl. This makes sense. The fucking problem with this is that when my character does the exact same attack he doesn't turn to adjust his aim if the enemy moves.

The game isn't actually hard. Once you learn a boss or enemy's attack pattern it's really really easy and you'll barely take any damage. The only hard part about this game is working around retarded mechanics. Artificial difficulty and a bunch of autists praise this game for it.
>>
>>342987097
>literally impossible

kill yourself
>>
>>342987097
This is probably bait but
>this game is actually easy
>it's just hard because of certain mechanics that you have to analyse and adapt to
>so it's just artificially hard, I'm not a shitter, right?
>>
>>342987097
DS works roughly on the same principle old NES games did, stretching out their content behind trial and error encounters and purposefully clunky mechanics. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing but I understand why someone would find it infuriating
>>
>>342987097
The mechanics are like that for a reason. It's supposed to be a hard game, and there's a lot of things to catch you off guard
>>
Have fun trying to play with a friend tho.
>>
>>342986165
That was like a month ago, dude
>>
Click on Community Hub and you'll see how much people are playing.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.