[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can one game be so good and so bad at the same time? Did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
How can one game be so good and so bad at the same time?
Did CDPR achieve the perfect balance between complete dogshit and fun?

>that half a second response time on controls
>that garbage horse controls
>that very basic combat system
>that using a boat excitement
>that utter trash equipment (sometimes)
>shit story with shitty elves as villains
>geralt has the fucking spider sense once again
>spend 90% of the game looking for ciri and maybe 1 hour out of a 100 total with her
>father daughter dynamic not explored at all
>lack of hair styles (theres like what 7?)
>all in all shit gameplay

>god tier soundtrack
>god tier atmosphere
>2 fantastic expansions
>interesting characters
>lots of great armor design
>good monster design (although the fights themselves are rather stale after once or twice)

Is this one of a kind or will we see more big open world role playing games with quality put into them?
>>
>>342979878
i never understood the horse meme, i think it's because people try to aim the horse direction using the keyboard instead of the mouse
>>
>>342980348
The horse just has a lot of awkward turning with the lack of proper weight to support it

I always end up running into trees or getting stuck somewhere
>>
>>342979878
how can OP make the same fucking thread several times in a row, and get away with it?
>>
You can turn the tank Geralt controls off if you go in the settings and pick alternative movement or something to that effect.
>>
>>342980348
no roach is just a goddamned buffoon who likes running into trees and turning the complete opposite way of where I need to go
>>
My only complaint is that durability goes down so fast and repairs are so expensive. That's what I spend most my money on.
>>
I thought Roach was easier to control than that PIECE OF SHIT the Mako, and people were perpetually butthurt about bioware removing the Mako...

don't aim at trees. Spacebar before you're on top of the little wall you want Roach to jump. The worst part of Roach was the fucking bug that made his tail disappear and turned him into a donkey
>>
>>342980348
No I played with a controller and it was dogshit. Fucking moron.
>>
Is the witcher gear the best? How can you upgrade it?
>>
>>342982738
by finding upgrade crafting papers
>>
>>342982738
Witcher gear is not a specific armor, is a type of armor which is special precisely because it can be upgraded.
You have to get diagrams to craft it, then go to an armorsmith, then you can just craft upgrades which requiere the previous versions of that armor.

The first armor you have in the game is Witcher gear, but it can only be upgraded once.
>>
>>342982738
>>342983307
Also, those diagrams you either find them around, or you can buy them from armorers, their icon is a map, which will show you the locations of those diagrams, and then you can craft them.
>>
>>342983307
>>342983515
I see. Yeah I still have the first and was thinking it may be worth to upgrade that instead of using these barely better stuff I'm getting.
>>
>>342981418
The problem with the horse is that he randomly stops at times, and it doesn't automatically jump over obstacles like in D-Horse in MGSV.
Plus the ''automatic'' run thing chooses which direction to go randomly if there's two different roads in front of you, plus in very close curves it doesn't turn fast enough.
Died more than once in Blood and Wine because of that.
>>
>>342983678
In which part of the game are you.
>>
>tfw i feel it really shows that when CDPR does their own thing it works much better than when they try to recreate something out of a shitty fantasy novel

precisely the reason witcher 1 was the better game and the better story
>>
>>342983908
Just met up with Triss in Novigrad.
>>
>>342980348
The horse became better when I stopped steering him the whole time and just let him run. He doesn't follow quest path though which is retarded for auto run feature.

He also won't go through gates so i have to get off and open gates then get back on and ride though. He's fucking retarded on narrow bridges too and just stops half way through them. Roach could be a lot better.

OP is right about monster fights too at least the contracts, that shit could be deeper since it's Geralt's whole purpose in life.

Still one of my favorite games though.
>>
>>342984229
Fuck, then you do need to start considering an upgrade.
Try maybe going for the Wolven armor, looks good for me.
Also, these armor sets include diagrams for swords, so you can depend completely on one set and just upgrade those armors and weapons along the game.
>>
>>342984340
How do you get an entire set? I will have a sword upgrade to Gwen'nel at 13 then Angrenian cuircass at 16. Is it not worth if it isn't witcher gear?
>>
>>342985228
Each diagram map points usually at 3-6 pieces of the whole set.
You get the diagrams, and you can craft them.
Then you can keep buying maps to find the diagrams of the upgrades to that set.
>>
>>342985340
I feel like I've picked at least one up but I guess not. How do you view these map diagrams?
>>
File: witcher3_2016_06_19_00_08_47_185.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2016_06_19_00_08_47_185.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
>>342985985
Let's clarify the differences:

Map diagram: points at the location of diagram.

Diagram: basically a blueprint, it allows you to craft the upgrades in armorers.

You only have to see the map once, and in the quest list, it'll appear in the Treasure Hunt section, there it will point you the location of the diagrams.
The easiest to make is the Wolven armor, since you can buy all the diagram maps from armorers and blacksmiths around the world, just search their location in google.
>>
File: 1465275142269.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465275142269.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>342979878
I've never had so much fun with a game that has so many game-breaking glitches.
>>
>>342986446
>big titties triss mod

brotha
>>
How is there such a big difference of quality between the main story and side stories?

I seriously cant believe that the whole Bloody Barons story was written by the same people who wrote The Wild Hunt and Ciri. Plus everything involving Triss and Yen was garbage
>>
>>342987575
different people work on different quests, bloody baron got a lot of attention from the devs, plus mainquest serves a different purpose than sidequests
>>
>>342986339
Oh okay I got it now. Thanks man.
>>
>>342979878
Witcher 3 haters are the worst people on /v/. Go back to Plebbit faggot.

There is literally no flaw in Witcher 3. The combat is actually the best combat ever made in a wrpg. This game is literally perfect.
>>
>>342987575
>>
>>342987575
>Plus everything involving Triss and Yen was garbage
Take that back, nigger.
>>
>>342989981
no
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.