[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the only reason why I still play video games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Nintendo-Logo.png (68 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-Logo.png
68 KB, 1920x1080
the only reason why I still play video games
>>
You should try Vanillaware, Fraxis and Armor Project anon.
>>
Cant stand nintendo since the wii tbqhfam, wont be buying anything from them again
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 540x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 540x768
The only reason I post here
>>
>>342976560
lmao
>>
>>342976320
Vanillaware is grossly overrated though. They make pretty but very repetitive games. They can't into level design and once you've mastered the gameplay there's nothing left really motivating. Beating Muramasa's 4 endings is horribly tedious, thankfully they did DLCs for the vita so you can have in-between playthrough before playing once more the main story.
>>
>>342978223

I disagree and wonder what you like about Nintendo games. I mean, look at Kirby or Mario games. You can claim they're repetitive too.

You also clearly didn't use all the tools given to you in Muramasa like Bronze Mirrors. Also, the point of the game is fighting stuff and not rushing to the next cutscene.
>>
I feel sorry for the people who only play nintendo games

they must be having a bad year
>>
>>342979196
Pretty much. I can only afford one company, sadly. And my PC is worst then a fucking toaster. But the one thing Nintendo has going for it is the games are highly replayable.
>>
>>342979196
I built a PC at the beginning of the year, and I still have my PS3. Recently softmodded my original Wii, been catching up on some gamecube games using original hardware.
>>
>>342978878
I'm not OP, and I posted here >>342978223
I just don't like when people bash Nintendo and praise Vanillaware even though these games stay heavily flawed. Once you know how to play, their games become meaningless. The enemies are not that different, and only the bosses are interesting 5-6 hours in. I enjoyed my time with the first ending of Keisuke, but having to play 3 more times the same amount to see everything is just tedious. I wouldn't have said the same thing if Momohime and Keisuke had different movesets, but they don't.
And once again, the map is empty. Besides the environments changing, most parts of the map have nothing unique. They just don't know how to make a decent level design and you can clearly see it in Dragon's Crown, Muramasa, Odin Sphere. And even funnier Grand Kingdom has no real maps, but generic battlefields for the tactical part and map like a board game for the deplacement.
>>
Nintendo died ever since Iwata took over.

GC/GBA were their last good platforms.
>>
>>342980138

>I just don't like when people bash Nintendo and praise Vanillaware
I never did that.

>Once you know how to play, their games become meaningless.
No they don't. They become more fun because you can pull off better combos and fight harder enemies. If you're implying you can beat Muramasa by just mashing buttons, then you either played it on easy or never finished it. You certainly didn't do the harder grottoes like 100 Monks or Pandemonium.

>And once again, the map is empty. Besides the environments changing, most parts of the map have nothing unique.
I don't understand how much variety you need. The focus of the game is fighting enemies, not platforming. Every screen in the game except the save points has an enemy, grotto or NPC to interact with.

You just sound like you don't like 2D Action/Platformers, as most of your complaints can be lobbied at everything from Metroid to Cave Story. Shantae to Aquaria.
>>
Pretty much. I can't afford to buy more than one console per generation, and Nintendo is the one holding all my favorite franchises hostage, so I don't have much choice.
>>
>>342976232
Trash company with trash products for manchildren.
>>
>>342981368
I did the 100 monks grottoes, and with 3 tornado saber, you're almost unkillable. The game stops being fun when you know pretty well your moves and the games doesn't give you more enemies. In term of enemy types (not counting the bosses) I'm not sure there are more than 15 types without counting the swap color variants.

>I don't understand how much variety you need. The focus of the game is fighting enemies, not platforming.
Why giving me a map to explore if there's nothing interesting to see or explore? A beat them up structure with levels just like Dragon's Crown would have done the job. Sure the mountains and the rice fields look different, but the layout itself is nearly identical. If the game doesn't use the map, why even implementing it? Especially considering that the game is extremely linear. They could have hidden trials in parts of linear levels instead of putting them all around the map to give you incentives to explore it.
>>
File: wwganon3.png (23 KB, 665x624) Image search: [Google]
wwganon3.png
23 KB, 665x624
>>342983680

>I did the 100 monks grottoes, and with 3 tornado saber, you're almost unkillable.
So in other words, you had to find what blade to use.

>The game stops being fun when you know pretty well your moves and the games doesn't give you more enemies.
So in other words....at the end of the game. Wow. Do you also complain that Metroid stops being fun after you kill the last boss?
>>
>>342976232

If you said this to me in real life I'd think you were autistic. Nintendo stopped making quality shit over a decade ago. I'd say the GameCube was the beginning of the end for them.
>>
>>342979196
shit son I'm still on the SNES library. IT's gonna be years before I catch up to WiiU and NX.

Why can't I hold all these fucking games.
>>
>>342985156
>So in other words, you had to find what blade to use.
There little to no incentive to use other blades considering that it is the only type that gives you an invincibility lapse.

>So in other words....at the end of the game
Yep but I was in fact at the end of Keisuke Ending A, and the game expected that I would do also Momohime part (who plays exactly the same way) and only after that I was able to reach ending B for Keisuke and Momohime. That's tedious as hell.

Metroid ends when there's no more upgrades to get for your moveset. The variety stay strong the whole game. In muramasa you have your whole moveset from the start and you struggle to master it, but once you did, there's no much more to the game. It's fortunate that they made DLC with new characters and new movesets.
>>
>>342987025

>and the game expected that I would do also Momohime part
Only if you liked the game and wanted to play it again. Which you obviously didn't. Momohime also has an entirely different story.

The problem isn't the game, just that you didn't like it. Which is fine. But you're acting like its a crusade to get everyone else to see its mediocre. And that's just not going to happen.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.