[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody played this? Looking for JRPG to waste time with and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: hykjygj.jpg (41 KB, 614x384) Image search: [Google]
hykjygj.jpg
41 KB, 614x384
Anybody played this? Looking for JRPG to waste time with and it's pretty cheap on Steam right now.
>>
For some reason it dies not work on windows 10. So just a heads up.
>>
It's very complex and grinding just raise the difficulty.
>>
Haven't played it myself, but I heard playing this game is an exact science. If you grind too much, it gets significantly harder or some shit. Too little and you can't get through.
>>
>>342967014
Played it, finished it. It's a 5/10 JRPG that gets praise by hipsters on /v/ because it has some pseudo-complex skill mechanics. Said mechanics are all hidden under the hood and you have to consult Wikis and guides to figure out anything, since the game doesn't display any of it.

It also has some of the most retarded level scaling - enemy monsters get more powerful as you level up, so unless you level up with the perfect method (hidden in guides and wikis), the game gets harder. Oh and characters you recruit later will start at shitty low levels and get 1-shot by enemies if you levelled up too much.

A better alternative is to emulate FF12, which clearly borrowed similar themes and is superior.
>>
>>342967014
I got it for a penny a few years ago. Played it for like 20 minutes and haven't touched it since. It's not like i lost much money.
>>
>>342967078

I'm playing it on Windows 10 right now.
>>
>>342967191

Each enemy only scales with you up to a certain battle rank, it's entirely possible to grind normally and come out on top.
>>
>>342967416
FF12 PC port when
>>
>>342967014
yeah man it's solid, but you need to follow a wiki guide because all the game mechanics are obscured and never explained anywhere in the game.
>>
It is the Dark Souls of JRPGs, literally
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.