[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Plotholes in video games. How the fuck does pre-mako infusion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11
File: Cloud-impaled.jpg (29 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
Cloud-impaled.jpg
29 KB, 480x272
ITT: Plotholes in video games.

How the fuck does pre-mako infusion Cloud manage to beat Sephiroth?
>>
>>342954665
RIMITU BREAKO!
>>
>>342954665

That doesn't even happen in FFVII. Crisis core is retcon bullshit.
>>
>>342954665
Uh...heroic resolve, I guess?
>>
>>342954665
To be fair, Zack had just beaten the shite out of Sep., and Cloud was running on pure revenge fumes at this point. Not to mention, he only really beat him in the sense that was immediately murdered.
>>
>>342954916
I think he's talking about when Sephiroth stabs cloud through the chest, and then Cloud somehow throws Sephiroth off the bridge into the mako. He just used a CC screenshot.
>>
Cloud's Mako cells awaked when he got near Jenova.
>>
Adrenaline
>>
>>342954916

It is in the original. Why are retards like you allowed to post?
>>
>>342955272

Haha, wow, you think I'M retarded?

wew lad

Maybe you should replay the original then, faggot. The """""Cloud""""" that beats Sephiroth is Zack.

Unbelievable that the game is almost 20 years old and some fucktards still don't get the story.
>>
Well, he didn't really beat him, did he? All he did was throw him off in an adrenaline fueled power surge during a near-death moment.
>>
File: 180px-FFVII_Cloud's_Mind5.jpg (15 KB, 180x135) Image search: [Google]
180px-FFVII_Cloud's_Mind5.jpg
15 KB, 180x135
>>342955440
Zack got his ass kicked. Cloud stabbed Sephiroth in the back, then got skewered and tossed Sephiroth in the drink. It's the one part of the flashback Crisis Core didn't mess with.
>>
>>342955749
This.

He just lost EVERYTHING that was dear to him, I can imagine he would be SEETHING with rage.
>>
>>342955440
>Maybe you should replay the original then, faggot. The """""Cloud""""" that beats Sephiroth is Zack.

Zack fails, Cloud takes his sword, Sephiroth stabs Cloud, Cloud throws Sephiroth over the edge

Just like the original

Crisis Core just expands it into a little boss fight + more cutscene time that shows the details exactly as the original did.
>>
>>342955440

Please kill yourself.
>>
God, I really need to replay FFVII.
>>
>>342955440
I played FF7 for the first time recently and can tell you exactly that Cloud did throw Sephiroth off and Zack got his ass handed to him.
>>
>>342955814
>>342955895

That's not Cloud, you imbeciles. Cloud never was at the Nibelheim reactor. Even Tifa says so.

He just thinks that because he absorbed Zacks memories in the Life stream.

>>342955905

Yeah, fuck me for being right.
>>
File: 1453950123140.jpg (321 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
1453950123140.jpg
321 KB, 500x666
I like to think that Cloud has always been the one chosen by the planet.

But other than that sephiroth was caught by surprise by him at first and then running of pure revenge and anger he used the masamune as lever to throw sephiroth in the mako.

Sephiroth was not beaten, he was in a very confused and insane state and was extremely surprised when cloud managed to fight back, to the point couldn't act as cloud lifted him up and threw him in the mako.

also posting best girl.
>>
>>342955440
Cloud was always there. The only thing that was off was him forgetting about Zack and that he wasn't in S.O.L.D.I.E.R at the time but just a Shinra grunt in the bright blue uniforms.
>>
>>342956170
Cloud was at Nibelheim but just as an ordinary Shinra soldier. Dumbass.
>>
>>342956170

Tifa and Zack confront Sephiroth in the reactor. Tifa picks up the discarded Masamune and rushes at Sephiroth, but is disarmed and incapacitated. Zack fights Sephiroth but is defeated and cast aside. Finally Cloud charges at Sephiroth, impaling him with Zack's Buster Sword. Cloud leaves to check on Tifa and Zack, but Sephiroth staggers out of Jenova's chamber, holding her severed head. Cloud attacks Sephiroth again, but is disarmed and impaled through the chest. Using the sword as a lever Cloud picks up Sephiroth, and throws him into the Lifestream below the reactor.

This is literally what happens in every piece of FF7 media that shows the Nibelheim Incident. He was a normal, helmet wearing soldier. You are retarded.
>>
>>342956402
>>342956324
How could you read his post and not realize he is being deliberately wrong? He's just trolling to get more responses.
>>
>>342956170

A) You're completely fucking wrong and either misremember things or you haven't gotten them in the first place.

B) You're an absolutely insufferable faggot.
>>
Why do Japs try to hard to make their game spiritual?

It always ends up making the entire story feel retarded and pointless.
>>
>>342955440
No, Zack got his ass kicked and Cloud ran in and got impaled by Sephiroth. Then Cloud lifted Sephiroth with his sword and threw him into the Lifestream. Dumb faggot.
>>
>>342956482
I don't think this guy is serious.
>>
>>342956490

because it makes the events in your game feel like more than the mundane competition of two or more people, it turns it into some struggle of absolute good versus evil or order versus chaos or whatever.
>>
>>342955440
Niggers like you prove how few /v/tards ever actually played the game.

You just parrot what everyone else says as your own opinions.
>>
>>342956583
Which makes the entire story feel pointless and retarded.

There is nothing wrong with a personal story between normal people.
You don't need teenagers killing god to make things have an impact, learn to write instead.

It pisses me off when they have to go out and ruin a perfectly acceptable story with this shit.
>>
Sephiroth is 6'1" of solid muscle, how does a skinny little kid (prior to magic mako injections) even manage to lift him at all?
>>
After Sephiroth fell into the lifestream did he start controlling Jenova or the other way around?
>>
>>342956851
Probably his inner seph.
>>
>>342956851
>muscle is everything
do you ever go out of your fucking room?
>>
>>342956886
Both. Their minds and goals became one.
>>
>>342956490
because they think religion is deep.

look how often we see religious symbolism in japanese fiction

japs can't write for shit
>>
>>342956170
Cloud WAS there, and Tifa DID remember him showing up there to save her. What she didn't remember was seeing Cloud with the shinra group any time before him showing up to save her in the reactor. and she doesn't because he was too ashamed to remove his helmet. But he does go to the reactor just in time to talk to tifa on the stair and seeing zack being beaten.

If you don't believe it then here is the video from the game, from the part they are inside his mind and they finaly find out what happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2qJbGfkbJQ
The video cuts off before it but after cloud stabs sephiroth he goes back to tifa and then he sephiroth cuts off jenova's head to which cloud goes back inside and sephiroth stabs him, which ends with Cloud throwing him in the mako.
>>
>>342956475
stop trying to save face faggot
>>
>>342957061
Oh, shut the fuck up. I'm pointing out that the guy is being an asshole.
>>
>>342956886
Actually Jenova started controlling him making him believe her goals were his. That is why he goes from "I will rule this planet together with mother, because that is our place in the world as ancients"(because he still thunk jenova as a cetra) to "I will destroy the world and consume it to become a God and then travel to other world to consume them as well".
>>
File: consider.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
consider.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>342954665
He thought he was dead already. Nothing more to lose, people in that mindset can do abnormal stuff at times.
>>
Sephiroth had like 10 HP left after his fight with Zack and after Cloud rammed that huge-ass buster blade into his back. Also Limit break.
>>
>>342956969
>muscle is everything

It certainly makes someone pretty fucking heavy, not that you've had any human contact in the past few years.
>>
Just a reminder that LIMIT BREAK is actually canon. And before someone says that is movie stuff I'd like to remind you Cloud teaching a little girl to use it against a boy that was hitting her back at the start of the game on sector 7.
>>
>>342958642
Ok. And?
>>
>>342954916
Then why do we see it happen in FFVII?
>>
was he a hero, /v/?
>>
>>342956851
People under stress do crazy shit. See the old example of a mom managing to lift a car to save her kid.
>>
>>342958642
There is such a thing as gameplay narrative dissociation. A number of things are in the narrative that only serve the gameplay and wouldn't make sense in reality. Specifically, anytime somebody mentions shit like levels or "press this button to do this action". You have characters saying these things but the dialogue only exists so that the player can get a grip of how to play the game.
>>
>>342954665
Bioshock Infinite.

>We have all these tiny airships we could easily slip away in without being detected
>Fuck that, we're taking the big one named after the fucking leader's dead wife after a starting a major fight and causing explosions to do so
>And even after we lose that ship to the rebels, rather than just taking one of the smaller ones that again are much smaller and less detectable, we will help these rebels to get the big airship back even though it doesn't affect your primary mission in the slightest whether they win or not
>And in the end that doesn't fucking matter either because we've just jumped into a different universe which we now cannot leave

And that's just the event horizon to the black hole that is Bioshock Infinite's plot.
>>
Everything in fallout 3 is a plothole
>>
Modern Warfare 2.

Security cameras at the airport can see the American labels on bullet casings, but no one can identify the world's most wanted terrorist when he storms an airport without wearing a mask?
>>
>>342960281
he had his back turned to the cameras
everyone in the CoD universe is retarded
>>
>>342960486
>everyone in the CoD universe is retarded
just like the players
>>
>>342958764
And since the whole discussion is "how did Cloud threw sephiroth in the mako even though he is a bulky soldier first class and cloud was a skinny rank and file" the answer is limit break.
>>
>>342954665
Well Cloud did he say he applied for SOLIDER. He probably did go through the mako infusion thing but showed absolutely no results and was deemed a failure.
>>
File: 1452819844094.gif (1 MB, 300x313) Image search: [Google]
1452819844094.gif
1 MB, 300x313
>>342960713
kek
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
Dark Souls 2

The fucking small pile of rocks. Fuckkkk.
>>
File: I came here to laugh at you.png (138 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at you.png
138 KB, 375x375
>>342955440
HOLY FUCK AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 436882-maya_portray.jpg (20 KB, 384x640) Image search: [Google]
436882-maya_portray.jpg
20 KB, 384x640
Why doesn't Phoenix just get Maya to channel murder victims and ask them who did it?

>but Maya's inexperienced and can't channel on command
Not in AA1 but in 2 and 3 she can.
>but DL-6 discredited channeling
So don't use it in court. Phoenix could still just ask the victim what they saw happen. He'd get the circumstances and possibly the killer's identity, and then he'd know what and who to investigate to find evidence he can actually use.
>>
>>342962062

>Welp, can't be arsed to climb over that. Better slay some of the most powerful beings in existence.
>>
>>342955440
Literal retard.
>>
>>342960281
MW2's biggest plothole will always be how did the Russians even get to the east coast without passing through Europe first
>>
File: Bioshock_Infinite.jpg (60 KB, 249x353) Image search: [Google]
Bioshock_Infinite.jpg
60 KB, 249x353
Just this entire game fuck
>>
File: stare of death.jpg (20 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
stare of death.jpg
20 KB, 310x310
>>342954665
>Cloud lifts Sephiroth into the air
>Sephiroth still clings to his sword like some retard

I CANNOT take this bullshit seriously.
>>
Pre-emptive materia.
>>
>>342967162
Is there an actual plot hole in this game?
I mean, the story is fucking shit and it's clear that they made stuff up as they went along to create the situations they wanted. But does it contradict itself at any point or is it "just" all incredibly convenient for the overall plot.
>>
HEY YALL HOL DA FUCK UP RIGHT NAW
is this game worth playing? What does it add to the main story? Ive always wondered what the deal with zack was the the original ff7.
>>
The Edge of the Coin outcome in Soul Reaver 2.

Also tons of godawful shit in that game.
>>
File: Barret.jpg (6 KB, 192x217) Image search: [Google]
Barret.jpg
6 KB, 192x217
>>342968593
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>342955440
I hope this post is real, because it's really funny to me if it is.
>>
>>342968593
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>342968576
If every action creates an alternate universe, then wouldn't drowning Action Man a universe where that failed?
>>
>>342968576
>Is there an actual plot hole in this game?

Yes.
>>
Sephiroth was injured from a Buster Sword backstab.

Cloud was emotionally raging with adrenaline everywhere.

Sephiroth underestimated Cloud since he was just a ShinRa grunt, a mistake since he was hurt.

The game really isn't hard to follow.
>>
>>342969312
Not every reality exists, just the ones that are convenient to the story.
>>
>>342969312
But it's not every action. They use their "constants and variables" excuse. They never, iirc, outright say that every action creates a new universe.
Yes, that would make sense, but they weren't exactly focused on making sense with this plot.
The setting pretty much runs on narrativium, creating whatever situations is convenient for the story.

I actually just remembered one thing that might have been a plot hole. If all the Comstocks died/was never created in the first place, then what's the deal with the Comstock in Burial at Sea?
Of course, they could explain this with Elizabeth having magical powers that allows her to do whatever she likes, like in the main game.
>>
>>342970120
Oh yeah, I just remembered that Wafiu bait was part of stable time loop paradox. Cornstarch takes her from another universe, but ah whatever, none of this makes sense.

Cornstarch himself don't make much sense. So he gets baptized with a new name. But then he radically alters his personality, too. Did Action Man always harbor racist feelings, and it just never come up? Why give the player a choice at start to not be racist?
None of this makes any sense at all.
>>
>>342968576
read here
>>342959525
>>
>>342971083
Comstock was a Booker who felt some guilt but not enough to make himself a self loathing drunk. Comstock actually believed he had washed himself of the sins he committed in the past and now feels justified in his actions.
>>
>>342972181
I get that, but where does the race superiority come from. Sure, he killed Injuns, but I never got the sense that he was a racist. Did adopt it just to create a power base? You can't leave major motivation for your villain unexplained.
>>
>>342972546
By cleansing himself from sin he was able to create some bullshit in his mind explaining how it was right to do what he had done. Booker is apparently only capable of being two different people: a self loathing drunk who did bad things and feels terrible for it or a racist prick who thinks non-white christians are beneath him and all the horrible things he had done were justified. Just accept that Levine is a hack writer that got luck with Bioshock 1.
>>
>>342971905
That's the protagonists being fucking idiots.
It's like them not using her rift powers to get to the ground, or them searching for the huge weapon-making machines in another universe with no way of getting them back to the place they needed them.
They're making nonsensical decisions, but that's not a plothole. That's just lazy writing.
>>
>>342973493
I would see that as a plothole. They're constantly walking by these ships and ever once stop to think "Hey wait a minute. Let's just take one of these." The only reason why they aren't doing it is because it would affect the rest of the plot so they just ignore them simply for that reason.

They explain her powers are weakened due to the siphon being active which is why she can't make portals willy nilly and needs a tear to exist, but they then state at the end it being destroyed gives her back her powers. From the moment you rescue her the siphon gets destroyed which should have given her back all her power but it doesn't. Instead it requires destroying one in a different universe which drained power from a different Elizabeth to do this, which makes no sense.
>>
>>342956170
Cloud was nameless Shinra soldier number 2.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.