[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comfy SH thread. Tell me /v/. What exactly is the otherworld?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 16
File: 1398791670809.jpg (110 KB, 1158x690) Image search: [Google]
1398791670809.jpg
110 KB, 1158x690
Comfy SH thread.

Tell me /v/. What exactly is the otherworld?
>>
File: 1449455702738.jpg (75 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1449455702738.jpg
75 KB, 1024x768
>ywn throw her on her back and ravage her right there
>>
>>342944683
Why does Heather tease us like that? A perfectly good cleavage cutout on that shirt, and it's filled in. Why? She has adorable breasts, why not show them off a little?
>>
File: 6774.jpg (358 KB, 1230x960) Image search: [Google]
6774.jpg
358 KB, 1230x960
tfw you want to be in Silent Hill because even that place seems better than your life right now
>>
>>342944683
>Comfy
Leave. You don't belong here.
>>
File: 1460577143220.jpg (341 KB, 1059x962) Image search: [Google]
1460577143220.jpg
341 KB, 1059x962
>>342945596
this
>>
>>342944683
The otherworld is your mind, every time you remember traumatic events, your mind goes into the otherworld, and you have fight all kinds of monsters over and over, the same memories, in the same feeling of anxiety, until it all goes away for a few minutes.
The difference is that silent hill multiplies this 1000x and makes everything come to reality.

>Do they look like demons to you?
>>
A world of nightmarish delusions come to life, or something
>>
>>342945596
At least SH has hot nurses everywhere
>>
File: SH PC Guide 2016.png (2 MB, 1300x3453) Image search: [Google]
SH PC Guide 2016.png
2 MB, 1300x3453
Time for the SH PC Guide + the DL links:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

in case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.

if SH2 gets stuck into a black screen during launch, close the application and restart it again.
>>
>>342944683
It's not a "world". Rather, it is a mental projection changing and corrupting our reality.
>>
>>342946310
Is home coming really that bad? I remember it being really enjoyable and creepy. The only problem is that the knife is the most OP weapon.
>>
>>342946068
The only objectively correct answer.
>>
>>342946642
Every SH game made by western devs has been irredeemable shit. HC was a bit more solid shit, but still a terrible "The Movie: The Game".
Shattered Memories was an exception.
>>
Purgatory on crack.
>>
>>342944683
http://www.megabearsfan.net/post/2012/02/22/The-Otherworld-of-Silent-Hill-is-NOT-an-other-world-its-OURS.aspx

The manifestation of supernatural forces onto the REAL WORLD. It isn't actually another world.
>>
>>342946713
>Harry giving James those bedroom eyes

Don't do it, Harry! He won't treat you right! For your and Heather's safety, just ditch that dude. He's dangerous, and not even in the sexy BDSM way.
>>
I LOVE MY DADDY
>>
>>342947347
I genuinely think Shattered Memories was the best in the franchise in terms of its story telling.

Something that really gets me is that they even make a cellphoe just add to your isolation and mystery. Like normally games and other horror stuff will try to get the cellphone out of picture entirely so there can be no call for help or way to look up information. But Harry has nobody, he's isolated in other ways so they can use it as part of the gameplay. That's genius to me.

I just wish the chase sequences weren't so clearly seperated as their own sections of the game and that they were more polished. Like, how hiding never really works is bullshit.

Fucking Sam Barlow, man, he can make a Western Silent Hill and even an FMV game not suck. Damn, he's good.
>>
>>342947082
There are a lot of good points there, and it's true that the Otherworld is invading reality, but I find a lot of the reasoning in the article to be too black and white. Who's to say that alternate planes of existence can't bleed onto each other to the point where it's difficult to discern which one you're in at any given time?
>>
>>342947904
That's a totally irrelevant, different question

it is quite clearly stated in the games, namely 1 & 2, that instead of there being other worlds, there's just a supernatural force altering our world.
>>
File: CherylArt.png (592 KB, 610x961) Image search: [Google]
CherylArt.png
592 KB, 610x961
>>342946310
I wish I could have had this earlier today when I was moving SH2 on a new computer. I used a different widescreen hack thing, but it seems to be working out alright right now. But I'll see if I can change it if sh2proxy if that messes up on me.

But thanks a bunch for the links for The Room. I never got to play that one. I'll get to it after I'm finish up 2 again.
>>
>>342948039
I don't understand why the two concepts are mutually exclusive. There is a supernatural force altering our world: one of the symptoms of it is occasionally taking people to spaces outside reality. In other worlds, another plane of existence. Sometimes it is strong enough to turn the staff of an entire hospital into parasitic monsters. With the birth of God, it could be powerful enough to completely invade all of reality. Not everything we see in the games is literally occurring in the physical space, but not everything is merely a delusion either.

It's true that 1 does take place in the real world for a significant portion, but how can you say the same for 2? Why assume that we're ever in reality in the first place?

I don't disagree with the basic points, but I find a lot of the article's evidence to be flawed. The whole Vincent thing, for example, is totally off base. Him referring to the pleasures of physical world as opposed to the spiritual one is supposed to be undeniable evidence that they're currently in the real world at that very moment? Come on.

I think the truth is not so black and white.
>>
>>342944683
in the first game, it's the manifestation of alessa's powers(I think I remember dahlia saying it's alessa's comatose dream)

in the 2nd game, the town materialize the psyche (fear, guilt, lust) of whoever enters it

3 is a sequel to 1, so it's still linked to alessa beeing a god. I think the world appears because of her imminent resurection.
>>
>>342944683
>Comfy
>Silent Hill

Those shouldn't be in the same sentence. But it's weird that I kinda DO find the games comfy. Maybe it's that the games feel more about melancholy and empathy than really being scary to me. Or maybe it's that I sat "in front of the same kind of games" for so long or just that it's a SERIES, where you're coming back to the same town over and over. I mean, yeah, Silent Hill is dreadful, but it's home
>>
>>342944683
>What exactly is the otherworld?

The so called "Paradise" the Order cultists want to give to the entire world, full of rust and blood and pain and suffering, mutual and otherwise, also vagina and penis and testicle monsters all over.

The darker the past, the darker the Otherworld.

SO if you really want to avoid it, you can't.
>>
https://youtu.be/6LB7LZZGpkw
>>
Post your Silent Hill game ideas since Konami already buried the hatchet with this series.
>>
>>342951690
A remaster of the first one with updated everything. No changes to enemy placement, item placement or any bullshit like that, just a graphical and sound overhaul

Oh, and Silent Hills
>>
File: 1437687838828.jpg (114 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1437687838828.jpg
114 KB, 1280x960
>>342951690
I've always wanted to see a Silent Hill based on this simple premise: seeing as the series is so dependent on metal grating and rust, what did the Otherworld look like before the Industrial Revolution, or when the land was occupied by native people?
>>
File: PLCover.jpg (322 KB, 791x1200) Image search: [Google]
PLCover.jpg
322 KB, 791x1200
>>342952186

It isn't a game, but one of the comics actually takes place shortly after the Civil War. So that might be what you want, or be the closest we'll ever get to it.

And before you get worried, this comic and Sinner's Reward are written byTom Waltz, not Scott Ciencin who made all those shitty Silent Hill comics.

I believe you can download it on Silenthillememories.net if you want to give it a read.
>>
>>342952986
Neato. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>342952986
>Sinner's Reward
You mean the comic that didn't have James yet had Pyramid Head?
>>
File: jKMfli2.png (199 KB, 500x237) Image search: [Google]
jKMfli2.png
199 KB, 500x237
>>342951690
A spin-off parodius style shooter with the DJ dog from SH2.

He barks and shoots musical laser notes. All the music is remixed from the previous games in some weird happy crazy tone.
Bosses can be lifted from previous games, you have to "go through the silent hill world to clean it up for the next person"

But IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG and the dog is in his own silent hill and towards the end of the game is stops being all cute and weird and he enters deeper. The bosses can be more gruesome/nightmare style. I can't really explain it.

I don't know how to end it. Maybe it should have no ending to reflect how the series is dead.
>>
>>342951690
THat reminds me, are any of the fan games good? Like, I know Alchemia got some buzz but there's also a lot more. But there's too many for me to sort through.

>>342953351
Yes, that was bullshit, but I recommended Past Life, not Sinner's Reward.
>>
>>342954254
>THat reminds me, are any of the fan games good? Like, I know Alchemia got some buzz but there's also a lot more. But there's too many for me to sort through.
Sadly, I haven't found anymore proper fangames. I looked.
>>
>>342952986
It was better than I thought, but I found the environments in the comic to be rather underwhelming. I think there's so much potential for a Silent Hill without metal, it just means that everything has to be more organic and visceral, rooted in natural themes. For example, thorns can easily substitute for metal grating. Instead of giant fans, windmills. Instead of sewers, imagine exploring marshy ground in deep fog. Or searching through eerily deserted longhouses. And old houses are always prone to strange sounds, not to mention the endless possibility for flesh constructs. I suppose my vision will only exist in my head. But after a certain point, I guess it's no longer Silent Hill, huh?
>>
>>342953468
Sounds not half bad.
>>
>>342949759
Wait so if you've done no wrong but you're really horny, Silent Hill in SH2 is like the best place ever?
>>
File: sh1_screen_02.jpg (65 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
sh1_screen_02.jpg
65 KB, 1024x768
In your mind's eye lives a memory
Hard to find, blinded by sorrow
And her cold voice sings a melody
Hear her sing, hell frozen rain falls down
>>
>>342955574
Pretty sure what you'd do while horny in Silent Hill would be justification enough.
>>
>>342956487
But does it mean you'd get a ton of great sex or something
Cause if you're pretty vanilla and perhaps just fucked normally tgeres nothing wrong
SH sounds pretty damn great if anyone has such a life that they fear nothing and have done no wrong
>>
>>342956954
>SH sounds pretty damn great if anyone has such a life that they fear nothing and have done no wrong
Of course, no one like that actually exists. We are all sinners.
>>
>>342944921
She's really not that attractive, senpai.
>>
>>342956954
>>342956954
Harry didn't do anything wrong

Heather didn't do anything wrong

The ghost town full of cults and monsters isn't going to become your personal orgy paradise just because you think you're awesome.
>>
>>342957127
Maybe the cultists wanted to clense their sins by birthing their God to achieve this

But I've always wondered, if someone has a normal life and nothing really goes wrong, is Silent Hill just a normal town? Is there anybody in the town? Cause I'm sure if people keep going missing in the town it would prompt investigation from FBI or State Police or something. I may be looking too far into it but surely normal people do not have such horrors as seen by the characters. All the characters have a fucked up background don't they, except Harry really.
>>
Just dled SH2 and the GOAT graphics is a huge meme. The guy runs like a retard and the camera angles are super annoying. Even RE PS1 controls are easier to master.
>>
>>342957985

careful with the amount, if you add too much they won't be even able to fit it in their mouths
>>
>>342957985
Wait, so you're saying you played with the directional controls instead of rotational and then complaining about the camera angels fucking you over? You DO realized you could have just switched the controls back to the rotational RE mode, right?
>>
>>342957948
To most people, Silent Hill is an ordinary resort town. How do you think Cheryl convinced Harry to go there in 1?
>>
>>342946310
Can someone finally reformat that guide as a .pdf so we can have actual clickable links?
>>
>>342946068
>delusions
No
More like your subconcious fears, worries and traumas
>>
>>342958582
The problem with that is that /tg/ is the only board here that will let you upload pdfs (maybe /lit/ too, but I haven't checked) and I think that board is too busy shitting on every RPG system less crunchy than GURPS to wanna bother playing any of the games.
>>
>SH
>not comfy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXVV1fkCz6A
>>
>>342951690
An Angela Orosco spin off where everything is fire and steam related.
>>
3 > 2
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.