[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fuck was that? That's it? That's how this game--this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Boss on Bike.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Boss on Bike.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
The fuck was that? That's it? That's how this game--this series ends? What the fuck? There's still so much left to explain.
>>
>>342933371
Game was rushed to release, plenty content was cut. That wasn't how it was supposed to end, and it's likely even the last cut mission wasn't exactly the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk

There are so many loose ends hinting at so much more, it's just not there anymore. The mystery remains whole.
>>
File: 1408265466569.jpg (31 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1408265466569.jpg
31 KB, 640x426
chink got your money and you blame the konami for everything so it worked pretty well
>>
We'll get that patch someday...
>>
>>342933658
>doesn't blame Konami for almost everything
I bet you love those pachinkos, huh?
>>
>>342933371
What do you mean there's more left to explain? This was a prequel.
>>
I've been playing this game for 3 months and I'm on mission 40, the game is fucking huge
>>
>>342934712
Refer to >>342933618
What happened to Eli and his Lord of the Flies shit. What happened to Sahelanthropus. How Diamond Dogs ended. How Big Boss' phantom came to create Outer Heaven, so on and so forth. Basically how everything leading up to Metal Gear 1 went.
>>
>>342933371
Don't blame based Kojima

Blame cuntnami for fucking it up
>>
>>342934960
I'm not, I know Kojima knows how to write a story.
>>
>>342935659

I can't tell if you're serious. Kojima is a terrible story teller. Just look at MGS4.
>>
File: 2ed.png (360 KB, 308x761) Image search: [Google]
2ed.png
360 KB, 308x761
The game is a result between an overly ambitious chink and a company that deserves to be nuked another time.

Kojimas ambitions got the better of him and it's easy to see that he wasn't able to do nearly all he dreamed of.
>>
>>342936074
And look at every MGS that isn't 4
>>
>>342936074
Kojima also doesn't leave MGS games with empty as fuck endings. They typically carry some significance with them, and provide real meaning to the MGS universe.
>>
>>342936592

He still retcons shit with every new installment and uses the most retarded and suspension-of-disbelief wrecking plot devices to move things forward. I love MGS games for the gameplay, attention to details and "TECHNOLOGY" moments. The story jumped the shark a long time ago, I think I stopped caring halfway through MGS2. Or maybe it was at the "Ocelot is becoming Liquid because he has his arm and nanomachines and stuff" moment.

The world of MGS is interesting, its story is a mess.

>>342936704

I can agree with that, Kojima has interesting things to say in general, about determinism, the future of war etc... He's just not very good at expressing them in a coherent manner and without having hours of expository dialogue bashing the same points over and over again ad nauseam. La li lu le lo.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.