[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of implementing the charge mechanic in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: guile_nash_kick01.jpg (30 KB, 624x254) Image search: [Google]
guile_nash_kick01.jpg
30 KB, 624x254
What's the point of implementing the charge mechanic in fighting games? Wouldn't just pressing up down kick or back forward punch without charging for a second or two serve the same purpose?
>>
>>342923743
If you can't figure it out...
>>
No they would not because then you wouldn't be required to hold charge for a second or two radically affecting the utility of the move
>>
It functions as a cooldown without requiring there to be extra UI or artwork to indicate that the ability is on cooldown.
>>
Because guile's specials are broken if it used motions
>but charlie has them right now
different properties, I bet you think every shoto has the same fireball
>>
>>342923743
Fuck that, what's the purpose of FULL CIRCLE moves in fighting games? only the CPU can pull that shit without jumping onto your enemies.
>>
>>342923743
because it's meant to tie the attack to your movement so it forces you to consider spacing and positioning
>>
>>342926543
But that's wrong.
>>
Couple different reasons.

Mainly because some people prefer the charge playstyle to doing circle motions.

Charge specials were (sometimes) made better than motion specials, since you couldn't do them whenever you wanted. Alternately, charge characters were given strengths elsewhere (better normals, better movespeed) to compensate.

As to why they don't use the same motions without charge, then you'd get moves coming out that you didn't want to do.
>>
>>342926543
in street fighter, you don't have to do the full circle
>>
File: zangief.jpg (11 KB, 185x273) Image search: [Google]
zangief.jpg
11 KB, 185x273
>>342927371
I'm an old coot so i dont know if later street fitters did away with it, i only know the VS spinoffs allow you for quarter circle piledriver.
>>
>>342926543
SF3 player does standing 720 with ease. If you can't stand Max then feel free to mute the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95nc-_5jbGE
>>
>>342926543
At first
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.