[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're in charge of making the NX one of the best/hottest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: index.png (2 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.png
2 KB, 300x168
You're in charge of making the NX one of the best/hottest selling consoles of all time.

How do you do it?
>>
>>342919973
>un-JUST'ing Nintendo
Impossible. They are fucked.
>>
Allow the other consoles to stagnate then release a mediocre platform.
>>
>>342919973
Make it a digital game distribution platform, for Wii, Wii U, 3DS and N3DS as well as PC with all Nintendo games ever available on it.

All dead online games get new servers.
>>
>>342919973
3 screens + pedometer
>>
1. Whatever
2. Release a Pokémon MMO for it
3. Print money
>>
I make it into a portable system
>>
>>342919973
>No gimmicks
>Make sure its third party friendly
>399 price tag
>Release special bundles on release to entice more people to buy it
>Remove that friend code BS
>>
File: 1436008849251s.jpg (9 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
1436008849251s.jpg
9 KB, 250x225
>>342920134
But they tried that with the Wii U and failed miserably
>>
Nintendo is kind of fucked. Their games can be fun but not enough to warrant the purchase of their console. I want to believe Nintendo will release a product I have to have but I doubt that will ever happen.
>>
>Sony and MS' idea of "innovation" and upgrade is increasing the power of the console. "6 teraflops!"
>they're still inferior to PC
>Nintendo at the very least tries to reinvent how you play the games.
>they're dead last.

I fucking hate this industry so much.
>>
>>342919973
basically make a ps4 with better specs and friendly for 3rd party developers

done
>>
File: onemanband.jpg (184 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
onemanband.jpg
184 KB, 499x750
Release it with an overly complex 'innovative' control scheme that everyone above the age of three finds annoying.
>>
>>342920472
>399 price tag
>Having to compete with the Neo and Scorpio.
Pick one.
>>
make a universal app for pc, mobile, etc. that has the nintendo games for sale. make the nx a sort optional steambox type thing. simple as pie.
>>
1. Console/Handheld Hybrid. Handheld is the controller, single screen. Console specs are custom AMD 8 core 14nm APU 2.5Ghz, 4GB HBM or 8GB GDDR5 14nm plus 256mb DDR3 for OS, 500GB and 1TB HDD options, 4k video and picture, gameplay performance optimize for 1080p, 60fps and 2160p, 30fps. Handheld will strive for 720p, 30-60 fps. Custom AMD mobile APU, 1.5GHz, 512mb GDDR5, 10 hour battery life, storage support for SD Card and USB HDD and formatted memory stick storage.
2. Day 1 first party support. Zelda BotW, Pikmin 4, new Pokemon console RPG ala Gale of Darkness with new Pokemon Snap game that uses Pokemon GO! technology to snap pokemon as you travel or do the traditional experience, F-Zero Neo with 32 player online multiplayer and a revamped campaign by Retro, 2D Metroid spiritual sequel to Fusion by Good Feel, Mother 3 Remastered by Hal Labs in 3D landscape like new Pokemon Games.
3. Fix 3rd party issues, especially Japan 3rd parties. x86 architecture and 3rd party server and service support.
4. Fixed online servers and EShop for faster downloading and less lag. Pre-installed Netflix, Music stream service and game stream apps. Twitch, Youtube Gaming and Hitbox stream support.
>>
Marketing.
>>
>>342919973
i dont like fisher price shit
>>
>>342919973
>Make it a basic, uninspired console that's competitive with the upcoming current-gen console upgrades.
>No gimmicks, just a basic controller setup.
>Mend relationships with third parties, try and net big exclusives from them.
>Work closely with second party studios to make games the fans want: Most importantly, Metroid Prime 4 as a launch title.
>Focus on a solid launch, with a steady release schedule there after.
Those willing to buy their Mario and Zelda machine will get it anyway, but keeping it simple, without gimmicks, and having a decent marketing campaign will make it sell reasonably well.
>>
>>342920847
Yeah, but at this point, Nintendo is trying to reinvent the wheel and coming up with squares.
>>
>>342919973
Metroid, F Zero, Pokemon MMO all launch titles, not star fox being people are probably stung from shitty zero, also I think main fire emblem games are doomed to be on handhelds forever
>>
>>342919973
Give actual information about it so people would know when are the games being released (or not).
4 exclusives/year starting with:
-New Mario
-New DK with guests characters like Kirby (or viceversa)
-New WarioWare
-New Kid Icarus

Being exclusive don't mean they have to do all the work by themselves, they could hire other (close) companies like GameFreak or Capcom
>>
>>342923824
>make games the fans want: Most importantly, Metroid Prime 4
Do metroidfags really think their shitty series is that important?
>>
>>342926594
Well, is not any shitty. But yeah, he sounded retarded as fuck by selling a console around just 1 game.
That will only work if that game is Zelda, because you know, almost every game has Zelda mechanics.
>>
>>342919973
>console

I scrap that idea and make an extremely powerful handheld that doubles as a smartphone and supplement the device's library with quality mobile titles that have additional features when used in conjunction with the handheld's actual games.
>>
>>342919973
Preloaded with every Mario, Zelda, and Metroid game from all previous consoles.
>>
>>342920847
lel your salty nintentears are delicious
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.