[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: neat character concepts wasted on shit games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: q.png (83 KB, 234x236) Image search: [Google]
q.png
83 KB, 234x236
ITT: neat character concepts wasted on shit games
>>
File: 1466984077078[1].jpg (100 KB, 550x1150) Image search: [Google]
1466984077078[1].jpg
100 KB, 550x1150
I don't think XIII is necessarily shit, but she was a wasted design nonetheless
>>
Prowling Magus & Congregation
>>
File: Miang_Hawwa_Front-Back.jpg (83 KB, 656x924) Image search: [Google]
Miang_Hawwa_Front-Back.jpg
83 KB, 656x924
>>
>>342894786
What's she(?) from?
>>
>>342895180
Xenogears.
>>
File: JHME7L.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
JHME7L.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>>342894786
>>
>>342895270
Oh, I guess I haven't gotten that far yet.
>>
>>342894556
yeah I agree. She and that other dude. I guess they were supposed to be The Turks of XIII, but they never even felt like real characters
>>
>>342894418
Every Overwatch character
>>
>>342896278
>and that other dude
Cid Raines? His Crystal-Sephiroth form was pretty dope
>>
>>342896576
No not him, Cid was okay in XIII
I mean the other officer that is at her level. He kills himself in a war-helicopter or something. I guess he was even blander than her.
>>
>>342896929
Oh, Yang Rosh or whatever-the-fuck that Sephiroth lookalike's name was? yeah, every "death" scene he had was stupid as shit

>gets shot by own soldiers because fuck reasoning
>soldiers that just shot him now try to shoot you
>>
>>342897276
The second main problem to me with FFXIII is that it never had good villains, Barthandulus is okay but you only meet him like two times. A Final Fantasy game can be linear as fuck if the story is fun/engaging and it mostly is if the villains are scary or likeable or both.

I feel like XIII-2 tried to correct that mistake, but Caius just comes out as pretty cringey even though the "I WATCHED EVERY SINGLE YEUL DIE"-dialogues he has is one of my guilty pleasures.
>>
>>342898203
This as well, although this is the only FF I can remember that has your team being closely chased by an entire government's military versus a few elites.

Cid Raines out of nowhere was quite a surprise to me at least
>>
>>342894418
you first
>>
>>342899074
>implying qt gynoid Mother Brain didn't have a fuckton of potential for a new recurring Metroid villain
>implying evil Quistis wasn't a wasted as shit design
>>
>>342894418
>What if Mother Brain was actually peoples and did nothing wrong
It was a retarded concept from the beginning
>>
>>342899418
>goes batshit insane and intentional orchestrates the deaths of several researchers
>nothing wrong
>>
>>342899308
She literally look like Sherry's mom from Resident Evil 2.
>>
>>342894418
>What if Mother Brain was a cute anime girl

Fuck off. Japan does this with literally everything and it's schlock every time.

>What if King Arthur was a cute girl
>What if battleships were a cute girl
>What if animals were cute girls

It's all pandering ass. Doesn't help that Other M's plot was a complete joke.
>>
>>342900083
What if nobunaga was a cute girl?
>>
>>342899684
She was clearly supposed to be a tragic character we feel sorry for
>>
>>342900083
I highly doubt you've ever even touched a Metroid game, you fucking shitter
>>
>>342900280
What in my post makes you think otherwise? I'm honestly baffled at you lashing out at me.
>>
>>342900425
Nothing particular in your post, but irrelevancy of shit you brought up and your Japan bashing reminds me of the pompous shitters who post about games they've never played.
>>
I really need to find a new picture of her to post.
>>
>>342900251
I saw as more shock value. We're supposed to feel neutral towards her despite Adam being skeptical then we find out she's product of the GF trying to replicate Samus's bond with the baby as well as an AI based on the architecture of Mother Brain. THEN she goes apeshit and tries to murder everyone aboard the ship.
>>
>>342900804
Okay so you're just a mad weeb.

Well, I'm being pathetic even attempting to validate myself to you, but for proof: The Deleter plotline was many times more interesting than the main plotline, and that was dropped near the end for a confusing fight against a Mother Metroid and an even more confusing fight against several bug things where you have to shoot the girl.

Bye.
>>
>>342894418
Pic unrelated, I'm assuming
>>
>>342901105
I never even said I like Japan shit. I happen to like Metroid but its not weeb in the slightest. You're the one who brought up a bunch of pandering shit, only one of which I recognized since its so fucking ridiculous.

Also, that doesn't prove shit. You're not even the one that shoots MB, unless you mean freeze her temporarily. The GF is the one who filled her full of bullets.
>>
>>342901361
(You)
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.