[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deus EX GOTY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 256px-DXcover.jpg (20 KB, 256x318) Image search: [Google]
256px-DXcover.jpg
20 KB, 256x318
What does /v/ think of this game? i just got it during the summer sale so i can be caught up for the new one coming out.
>>
>>342892079

should have bought it on GoG.
>>
>>342892079
>so i can be caught up for the new one coming out.

Why didn't you play Human Revolution.

Both of the new games are set before Deus Ex
>>
>>342892079
The GOTY edition also came out on a demo disc from some magazine like 10 years ago; so I wouldn't think twice about pirating it.

That's how I played it.
>>
>>342892293
... The demo disc, not pirating it
>>
>>342892202
>GoG
Why there?
>>
>>342892079
>What does /v/ think of this game?

Most people here holds it really high, and for a good reason too.

Install GMDX v8.0
>>
>>342892079
A good number of people agree on /v/ it's in the top 5 GOAT, even if you played it now.

Most important thing is to NOT drop it at the first mission, spend time and become engrossed in its immersive gameplay and story, and you won't be able to drop it. It's better than whatever modern Deus Ex comes out.
>>
>>342892215
I figured i was supposed to play in release order as opposed to chronological order
>>
>>342892471
currently installing. a lot of the reviews said to get that as well
>>
>>342892640
Great. Remember to take your time, there are many ways to go about a mission you might not see at first glance.

>>342892501
Play in release order.
>>
>>342892501

Yes, it would be best to play it in release order; but you hardly need to play it to get Human Revolution.
>>
>>342892079
One of the best games ever made. You might need a mod to run it on a modern system, also try to stick to a certain playstyle, you won't have enough points to max everything.
>>
>>342892741
Good to know. thanks for the tip!
>>
Upgrade swimming exactly once. You will hear a lot of idiots say that it isn't worth it, but those people are wrong. It gives you a massive ~2.5x speed boost while swimming, which makes every swimming part of the game tolerable. If you don't get this upgrade, it will be like swimming through a pool of molasses.
>>
>>342892079
Aged very well, I didn't actually play the game until like 2 years ago and I still thought it was one of the best games I had ever played, and this was after playing human revolution.
>>
>>342892079
Get GMDX

Or if you want a more vanilla experience get Biomod.It makes shitty Augs actually useful and has "challenges" for second playthroughs.
>>
Thanks for all the feedback guys. im gonna get started now
>>
File: 1465637766824.jpg (112 KB, 772x817) Image search: [Google]
1465637766824.jpg
112 KB, 772x817
When I bought my first PC I followed /v/ advice and installed Deus Ex. Coming off from 36- games like Gears of War, Halo 3 and Fifa, the game was an ugly and clunky piece of shit. Also Keyboard and Mouse felt like I was trying to tie both of my shoes at the same time.

I swallowed the meme, manned the fuck up and got through the first level. Once I got to Battery Park, I was hooked. The freedom, the story, the atmosphere, all the little things I had to keep in mind (managing multitools, ammo and my upgrade path) and the need to try new things is what kept me going. I sunk 50 hours in my first Deus Ex play-through.

Shit is fucking magic. I love Deus Ex.

It also ruined console gaming for me.
>>
Install it and play, jesus, it's not rocket science.
Take the GEP gun
>>
>>342896590
>Not doing non-lethal playthroughs
>>
>>342897470
>implying it's for humans
>>
Its shit
>>
>>342893517
This. The only badly aged parts are minor, like the default keybinds, and the aiming mechanics only take 5 seconds of patience to understand how they work.
>>
>>342899463
Robots are people too.
>>
>>342892202
Its actually cheaper than on during the gog summer sale
I know because I bought it on gog
>>
I got it a little while ago and stuck hdtp and new vision on for mods, works pretty good
>>
>>342900207
No
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.