[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to jury rig this game into working with Keyboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg (95 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg
95 KB, 256x360
Is it possible to jury rig this game into working with Keyboard and Mouse on Dolphin?

I want to check these games out but I really can't play shooters with a controller.
>>
>>342885797
LOL good luck, PC gaymur.
>>
I'm curious too.
>>
The Wii versions use the remote for aiming, which isn't quite the same as using a mouse, obviously, but should offer more precision than a game pad.
They have a lock-on system that eliminates the need for aiming, particularly in the first two, anyway though, and they're not very combat heavy games outside of boss fights, so you shouldn't need the precision of a mouse.

If you still insist I think there is a way to use the mouse to aim on PC but I wouldn't know how, I'm sure you'll find it if you just Google it.
>>
It is, but it's a pain in the ass, and it takes all the fun out.

Trilogy isn't played with a controller at any rate, you play it with a lightgun. You lock on to targets automatically anyways.
>>
>>342885797
What a fucking homo
>>
>>342886457
>lock on to targets automatically
The fuck? Seriously? There's not a lock on button?
>>
I usually hate controllers for shooters, but the wii controls for both this and Resi 4 are great imo.
>>
Just emulate the GC versions and play with a controller. The games don't rely on aiming at all, since there's a lock-on system.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (94 KB, 1050x456) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
94 KB, 1050x456
>>342886457
Don't listen to this guy, keyboard and mouse is literally superior to using the wiimote and it takes like five minutes to set it up on Dolphin, pic related is how I set it up and it was very much playable. This was after I gave up on actually playing it on the Wii that I borrowed from my friend for it, which was horribly imprecise and cramped up my arm.
>>
>>342886593
it is not automatic

>>342886457
played it with a wii-mote and it was fine. I think a lightgun would be weird for a game that's more about puzzles and exploring than combat
>>
>>342886593
It's sorta semi-automatic. You lock on when your wii-mote cursor is over an enemy. You still need to "aim", but you don't need to be full on aiming-down-the-sights accurate
>>
File: controller Tier.jpg (160 KB, 792x1236) Image search: [Google]
controller Tier.jpg
160 KB, 792x1236
>>
>>342885797
Yes it is possible, and not really that hard to configure, there's a few tutorials out there on Youtube. I've played the first two with KB+M. The controls aren't exactly from a standard FPS, since you have to move the reticle to the sides of the screen to look around. It's a bit annoying, specially because of how slow it moves, but you can get used to it. Other than that, perfectly playable and enjoyable.

You should worry more about whether your machine will run it stable or not. These games eat a ton of CPU.
>>
>>342885797
Play the gamecube versions if you don't want to aim.

It's in first person, but it controls less like an FPS and a LOT more like Zelda, which suits the game perfectly
>>
>>342886801

>playing Wii games with KB+M

Jesus Christ no
>>
>Playing Primeshit.
>>
>>342887406
Oh hey! The Prime Is Shit guy is here! It didn't feel right without you! We can begin the thread properly now.
>>
>>342885797
I got it on my wii u but, i cant play it with the gamepad or pro controller, fucking sucks man
>>
Except the game you posted isn't player on a controller

It's played on a Wiimote with motion aiming which is identical to keyboard mouse
>>
Not being snobby about it. I have played the game with the wiimote and I liked it. But that wii is long gone and here I find myself able to emulate the game, and I think kbm would be preferable over some controller.
>>
>>342887782

Play it with the fucking Wiimote and get your bias out your ass

It's one of the games where motion actually fucking helps the game design
>>
>>342887041
Move the gamecube controller up a tier and you are 100% correct.
>>
you guys are idiots. playing with keyboard and mouse is great for metroid prime. anyone who says otherwise hasn't tried it
>>
Speaking of emulators, is anyone bothering to make one for the PS Vita? Or is that hunk of touch screen too cumbersome?
>>
>>342887307
I wasn't playing Wii games with a keyboard and mouse, I was playing MP3 with a keyboard and mouse, and it made the experience better.

It's not like there's fucking anything else worth playing for Wii
>>
File: 1307413384278.png (30 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1307413384278.png
30 KB, 125x125
>>342887810
>which is identical to keyboard mouse
>>
>>342887927
Some people just prefer the GC controls. The controls were probably the main reason I didn't like 3 nearly as much as the others.
>>
>>342888319
>gc controls
You can't strafe with the left stick and rotate the camera with the right. I could put up with it when I was in elementary school, but not so much now.
>>
>>342889181
Sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what it would be like to enjoy games less over time.
>>
>>342885797
bump
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.