[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Monster Hunter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Box_Art-MH4_N3DS_JPN.jpg (30 KB, 280x249) Image search: [Google]
Box_Art-MH4_N3DS_JPN.jpg
30 KB, 280x249
My brother wants a Monster Hunter game and I have never played the series. He has only played one shortly on a PSP a long time ago.

Monster Hunter 4? Seemed the highest rated from a short search.

It's for a 3DS.
>>
Wait 20 days.
>>
>>342870603
What's then? I saw a release in October.
>>
>>342870686
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is already out and has a shit tonne of content as well as G-rank, but on the 15th of July Monster Hunter Generations will drop, and while it doesn't have g-rank it does have a better monster roster overall, although the Styles & Arts systems are uh... very anime. Also you can play as cats.

In four days the Generations demo goes public. I don't know if the 4U demo is still up in the e-shop though.
>>
>>342871656
Right on, thanks. I'll just grab 4 Ultimate and grab Generations when it comes out.
>>
>>342871952
Forewarning: These games are EXTREMELY LONG TIMESINKS.

I'M TALKING HUNDREDS OF HOURS.

And grinding for better gear to take on new monsters to unlock more new monsters to get even better gear is going to be the primary carrot on a stick here.

Also the combat is going to feel clunky to anyone who is too used to hack 'n' slash combat, and is based heavily around the idea of committing to your movements during times where you predict the monster will have an opening, with no or little ability to cancel out of said movements, and your own movesets are going to feel fairly limited/restricted.

It can be quite punishing in the lategame and odds are you won't see even 50% of what 4U has to offer before Gen drops.

Furthermore Gen's going to recycle a lot of assests from MH4U.

These are factors I strongly suggest you keep in mind instead of diving headfirst and regretting it later. Try the demos.
>>
File: 20160626_140405.png (363 KB, 1439x1321) Image search: [Google]
20160626_140405.png
363 KB, 1439x1321
>>342870603
Damn
>>
B0MRH9HF1530CWFX ~
>>
>>342873880
Someone's about to be very happy.
>>
>>342871656
What the fuck does Anima even mean? Is everyone here underaged?
>>
File: FUCK DEVILJHO.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FUCK DEVILJHO.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>342874620
ANIMA
Noun [Psychology]
*Jung's term for the feminine part of a man's personality.
**The part of the psyche that is directed inward, and is in touch with the subconscious.

But in all serious, anime in this context means flashy and over the top, at least by Monster Hunter standards.
>>
File: Last days.jpg (176 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Last days.jpg
176 KB, 1280x960
>>342873880
>e]
Thank you! Have a dip into what the future may hold for the franchise.
>>
>>342877136
The day that happens, I'm bailing. Some of the monster designs these last couple gens have already turned me off.
>>
>>342875141
Monster Hunter "standard" stopped mattering when 4 released.
>>
>>342879675
4 wasn't that bad, what?
>>
File: 1424746493020.gif (3 MB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
1424746493020.gif
3 MB, 245x263
>tfw no mhgenerations on vita
>>
>>342880178
Anime doesn't mean bad.
>>
>>342882056
Allow me to rephrase.

4 wasn't that bad on the anime, what?
>>
>>342882136
>literal anime story with anime characters
>2 anime as fuck weapons introduced, surpassing even the switch-axe
>>
>>342882554
>polearm with polevaulting and a trained animal
>anime
Eh.

>Charge Blade

You might as well say it all started back in Tri with the Switch Axe then. Then again I guess you could, given Alatreon, but I give elder dragons a bit of a free pass when it comes to anime, so I'm gonna scroll on forward to Zinogre in P3rd in the EXTREMELY Japanese village of Yukumo.

>literal anime story with anime characters
Stories and characters have existed since the dawn of time, you're going to have to do more than that. Maybe the loli blacksmith, but competent children have also been a staple of western stories so that's not really applicable either.

The best I could potentially give you is Gore Magala with the Frenzy, but it's more like rabies in practice than a zombie virus.

4U definitely turned it up a notch though. Seregios is anime as fuck and the super move for the charge blade plus all the guard point combo stuff is ridiculous.
>>
>>342871952
If you're going to get Generations might as well skip 4. These games have a ton of content and I think you'd get burned out. Also if you stopped playing 4 right when Generations comes out you will have not even have touched a majority of the content of the game.
>>
>>342883405
Polearm swinging around at high speed and super jumps with an helper are pretty anime, yeah.

>Stories and characters have existed since the dawn of time, you're going to have to do more than that. Maybe the loli blacksmith, but competent children have also been a staple of western stories so that's not really applicable either.
4/4U remains the only MH game with actual story cutscenes and actual characters. You know what i'm talking about.

Still nothing surpasses the literal anime character introduced in MH2.
>>
>>342884476
Have you actually watched the Glaive's animations? There's next to nothing anime about it in 4/4U except the fucking polevaulting, and even that's not so strange.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.