[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic related is on a very reasonable sale, £5.99. Is it worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Tales-of-Symphonia.jpg (156 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Tales-of-Symphonia.jpg
156 KB, 1024x768
Pic related is on a very reasonable sale, £5.99. Is it worth it? Is it gud?
>>
Yeah it's worth Kratos is you're dad.
>>
>>342861393
Is that the chronicles?
The second isnt as good, but worth playing.
>>
Is it the same game than was on gba and snes?
>>
>>342861393
It's the last great tales of game
>>
>>342861393
I didn't get too far in it. I think I did the first dungeon and completely lost interest. The battle system felt kinda clunky to me.
>>
>>342862037
no
>>
>>342861393
it's the best tales game
>>
>>342863324

This. Was really let down by the whole thing, even if I was enjoying the relatively obvious story.
>>
It's the Final Fantasy VII of Tales of.
Okay, but just this.
>>
For what it's worth, I loved it, and completed it multiple times.
>>
Symphonia is a very good game but the port was an honest hack job. There is a modder that did end up fixing alot of the mess, so if you do pull the trigger on the game, make sure you look for the ToSfix in the forums.
>>
>>342862037
No, you're thinking of Phantasia, which is actually takes place in the same universe as Symphonia but just in the future.

Anyways, from what I've heard the PC port is kinda broken.
>>
>>342863940

I can't get used to the battle system. It's turning me away from all of the new Tales games...
>>
>>342861393
it's pretty cool. but you can emulate that shit easy friendo
>>
>>342861393
I mean, that's a decent enough price. Do you like the Tales series? It's aged like milk and arguably the weakest Tales game though.
>>
>>342863783
So good but has aged pretty terribly?
>>
>>342865043
>arguably the weakest Tales game though.
I know /v/ always likes to be contrarian but this is just silly.
>>
>>342865996
True, but its not amazing like some Tales fanboys like to tell you.
>>
>>342867847
Yeah but it's not Graces f where its only redeeming quality, the combat system ,is bogged down by all the other shit
>>
The coffee was hot all along.
>>
>>342861393
It's a great game, but the PC port is fucked. Get it on console. Hell, just get it on Gamecube, something gets fuck in every port of that game except the original.
>>
>>342861393
It's an alright game so long as you can tolerate somewhat bland JRPG cliches
I've heard the PC port is terrible though, you're probably better off emulating
>>
Emulating it on Dolphin is literally better than the steam release
Bamco is retarded.
>>
>>342864105
>future
I thought it was the distant past, like the dying mana tree in symphonia is the one from phantasia.
>>
>>342863324
>>342863609
it opens up a lot later on as you get more skills and exspheres
>>
Does it have multiplayer? That was the best thing about it on the GCN.
>>
>>342861393
NO

The pc port is horrific
>>
symphonia is a fantastic JRPG.

is it the best?

no.

is it even the best on the gamecube?

nope.

is it the best tales game?

hell no.

but is it the worst?

some tales games are barely playable. tales of symphonia is good, but not great. it's solid, but not the best.

the coffee was cold
>>
>all these people justifying the game without realizing that OP is talking about the PC version

The original game is fucking awesome.
The steam release is fucking shitty though. There's no way in hell a gamecube title released over a decade ago should be inferior compared to a modern remaster, but it is.
>>
File: 20160627000818_1.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160627000818_1.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1080
I wish the AI wasn't completely retarded.
The only way to get my casters away would be controlling them manually, unless I manage to lure the boss out myself.
>>
>tfw a tales thread will never hit bump limit ever again
>>
>>342875372
Berseria comes out in 2 months
>>
>>342871504
>It's an alright game so long as you can tolerate somewhat bland JRPG cliches

Every Tales thread in a nutshell
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.