[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Ryan even build a city underwater? Where did he get the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 575x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 575x300
How did Ryan even build a city underwater?
Where did he get the manpower and money to do it?
How did he get people to visit there?
How did he get away with this without the government finding out?
Did he ever think that building a city UNDERWATER was a bad idea?
>>
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
>>
>>342859632
>How did Ryan even build a city underwater?
Lots and lots of money and suspension of disbelief
>Where did he get the manpower and money to do it?
He was a wealthy industrialist
>How did he get people to visit there?
There was no visiting, it was essentially him saying to the wealthy and intelligent "you can live here to get away from oppressive, unenlightened governments"
>How did he get away with this without the government finding out?
I think the implication was that they did find out and kept sending agents to spy on him and sabotage Rapture, which is one of the things he was paranoid about
>Did he ever think that building a city UNDERWATER was a bad idea?
"It was not impossible to build Rapture under water, it was impossible to build it anywhere else."
>>
>>342859735
"No" says the man in Washington
"It belongs to the poor"
>>
He was rich.
Money can do anything.
>>
>>342859632
Using technology the twins from Infinite discovered.
play the dlc
>>
>>342860019
Acceptable answers.
Now how did Comstock do the same thing with Columbia?
>>
>>342860197
Who cares. Levine didn't think Infinite through.
>>
>>342860178
Burial at Sea didn't exist back then.
How would these questions have been answered when Bioshock first released?
>>
>>342860197
Fucking magnets, nobody cares about Infishit anyway
>>
>>342860419
I do
>>
>>342860349
It doesn't matter
It's like trying to make sense of some stuff in the earlier metal gear games without the later ones being released
>>
>>342859632
You know all of these answers are in the game right? Did you even attempt to play it?
>>
>>342859632
Did you listen to any journals in either game? Or turn on the displays in the HISTORY OF RAPTURE museum in 2? Literally all of your questions were answered
>>
>>342860689
>>342860636
Who's got time for "lore" and "history" when you're fighting splicers?
>>
>>342860197
Magnets, balloons and quantum physics. Not joking.
>>
Can't wait for Bioshock & Bioshock 2's remastered versions to inevitably come out
>>
>>342860936
It definitely shows how Rapture is so much more cohesive than Columbia.
>>
>>342860197
I think it was a government project at one point and he hijacked it.
>>
>>342860345
>Levine was Lead Design on System Shock 2
>Levine was Creative Director for Bioshock
>Levine was Lead Writer for Infinite

What the hell happened to the guy? He has no regrets and think of Infinite as his magnum opus despite everything. How did this not show until now?
>>
>>342860197
Why did he do it?
People in Columbia still consider themselves americans, what was the point?
>>
>>342861391
It's all about creative control. With the earlier titles he had people to keep him in check, with Infinite he went crazy and nobody had the guts to step up and tell him maybe he shouldn't.
>>
>>342861391
I cant believe the nah from system shock 2 was acceptable.
>>
>>342860825
You literally hit one button and they auto play while you continue blasting, nerd
>>
>>342861486
The United skies of fucking America!

Oh, and system shock is the United space of fucking America!

Oh, and bloodborn is the United.... I don't really know, but, it is of fucking America!
>>
>>342861486
I think because Columbia was meant to be the holy master race, separated from the Sodom Below until it was purified.

Which is stupid because unlike Rapture, there was a huge chunk of people that outright was against Columbia's dogma while in Rapture it was just different and selfish interpretations.

Less irony from method and more just straight up against Comstock. Infinite was shit.
>>
File: 1466741324429.jpg (554 KB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
1466741324429.jpg
554 KB, 750x1050
>>342859632
Read the book you faggot.
>>
>>342860197
Columbia was a glorified traveling world fair sponsored by the American government until it got involved with the boxer rebellion
>>
>>342861641
This. It's the George Lucas syndrome. Make something insanely popular and people give you more freedom to do what you think is best.
There was also the matter that Infinite went through a major shift in production halfway through, where they basically redid everything, possibly resulting in a lot of the more glaring flaws.
>>
>>342860067
"No" says the man in Moscow
"It belongs to everyone."
>>
>>342862445
""No" says the man in the Vatican
"It belongs to God!"
>>
Comstock: "Yes, this city is a very nice city HOWEVER, you must now make it fly"
Twins: "You're an idiot"
>>
>>342859632
>How did Ryan even build a city underwater?
same way you build something in space , prebuild it elsewhere, then assemble it
>>
>>342862667
"No" says the man in 4chan
"It belongs to Reddit!"
>>
Kojima seens to suffer It too. Specially when It is story related.

Hes been fucking up a lot since PW, and i think he will go fucking bonkers with the stranding game
>>
>>342862934
>Questioning Kojima
FALSE SHEPARD!
>>
>>342860197
with the power of waifu
>>
>>342862934
>since PW

You mean 4, but 4 was a solid end still.
>>
Bioshock is one of my favourite games ever but I've never been able to finish Infinite
>>
File: 20160626_153155.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160626_153155.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
>>342859632
Read nigga
>>
>>342862059
*click* "Rapture was *PEWPEW SBANG BOOM* only the *SBAHM SWISH* wish *VVRRRRR* it."
>>
It was build in segments on the land and transported part by part underwater.
>>
>>342863295

4 was a very weak title, but wasnt BAD.
>>
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 299x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 299x475
>>342863505

Why not just read the real book?
>>
File: 1417658833395.jpg (81 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
1417658833395.jpg
81 KB, 500x706
>>342863505
>mfw anons got me to read Ayn Rand because I was told the game was heavily inspired by her books

God I was such a dumb teenager
>>
>>342862934
Pretty much. Personally, I think Kojima leaves out details on purpose on his plots so that any inconsistencies are explained by you not making the connections, which bothers me.
>>342862054
If I remember correctly, they ran out of budget so the ending was scrapped together in a day using whatever they could find.
>>
>>342864173
Because that inspired the story the book I posted is a direct prequel
>>
>>342861176
The settings are equally dumb as fuck if you actually look at them
>>
>>342864421
I know this sounds strange, but even reading bad books is good for you.

The simple fact you read at all is proof you weren't totally hopeless.
>>
>>342864173
Because it's fucking awful.
>>
>>342860197
with fairy dust and happy thougths
To be more speciffic, particles frozen in time, which apparently can hold entire city, but somehow don't prevent buildings from floating around at start of game.
>>
>>342864959
Not true at all. We have underwater structures. Have for many years. There is not a single flying building in the history of the world.
>>
>>342865000
Does the same go for vidya?
>>
>>342866803
No. Vidya is fucking brain poison.
>>
Pretty much all of that is explained in the Tie-in Book, "Rapture"

But a very simple TL;DR is

>He is dirt rich
>Very paranoid and went through extreme measures to keep the government from finding out, misleading spies, ect
>He invited people who sought a better life by any means, but only if they had stuff to legitimately offer the city

And no, he was always very proud and faithful that his city would succeed.

If you're really interested, give the book a read. Helps breath a lot of life into Rapture.
>>
Who else /loved-infinite-and-defended-it-for-literally-years,-but-just-starting-to-realize-glaring-problems/ here? Starting to think it's not actually nearly as good as I remember it.

The "warning music" and "racism is bad yo (ignore the irony of black people ruining the city for everybody in a few hours)" are particularly standing out to me as being fucking awful.

Still will probably enjoy it on a replay though.

>>342860197
Funding from the Church and politicians I guess?
>>
>>342868089
I agree. Even from the beggining I felt something was off but couldn't really pinpoint it. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how much was wrong.
Still enjoy it and will even replay on occasion and will defend the things it did right, but it's definitely not the amazing game it first felt like.
>>
>>342868089
I gave up on it about halfway through.

Same deal with MGSV.
>>
>>342861165
I actually wouldn't mind that. As long as the did what they did with the Dead Island remasters and sell them together for $40 or separate for $20.
>>
>>342868602
Yeah. I mean there was some solid stuff. The atmosphere early on, some of the design work, music, hell a lot of the story. Some great setpieces, ect.

I loved some of the ideas presented. Like the tears and how they influenced stuff in Columbia, like the music, ect. I wish there was more stuff like that.

But then it all kind of gets put aside to follow a cliche time travel story that was made to feel like the "I am your father" of Vidya, except it doesnt work for that exact reason. George Lucas never knew he would make the best plot twist in cinematic history, he just wanted to do something cool and original. Which is not what Infinite did at all sadly.

Honestly, a lot of it is also really cringy, cliche, or just didnt make sense.

Like Elizabeth's death in the DLC. The first time, not the second.

That was some straight up Harry Potter Horcrux bullshit that they expected you to just accept because "yay she liv :3"
>>
>>342861391
>He has no regrets and think of Infinite as his magnum opus despite everything.
His later Twitter comments and IG staff interviews suggest otherwise.

As >>342861641 pointed out, he went crazy with his control. So much that after 5 rewrites and no finished game come the deadline, he had to settle for a last-minute simplified redo that was dwarfed by the old E3 trailers, and saved by paid reviews and "pretty graffix still here, see?".
>>
How does Rapture still function if everyone has gone crazy and nobody is working anymore? Who keeps the lights running? Who makes sure food is still being produced when there are psychos running around killing eachother?
>>
>>342859632
it's a video game man, calm down
asking all these quesiton, morty, reall, really makes you an underfoot kin kidna fella
>>
>>342870235
Big Daddy's repair stuff.

Guess they live off canned goods.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.