[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Titanfall release date
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: twotanfall.jpg (141 KB, 795x1000) Image search: [Google]
twotanfall.jpg
141 KB, 795x1000
Ok, so Twotanfall's release date is stuck in the week between BF1 and CoD:IW.

Now, on the face of it, this is really shitty and will seriously hurt the game's prospects. On the other hand, it's probably a good idea to release it before the holidays and they probably believe releasing it after IW would hurt the game's sales.

If you ran EA, what would you do to solve this scheduling issue? I'd guess it's not possible to pull their release dates back any earlier.
>>
>>342851869
For what it's worth, I would move Titanfall 2 back a week and move BF1 forward by 3 weeks. Titanfall is more of a direct competitor to COD:IW and needs the earlier release more.

Also, answer me, you fuckers. I used paragraphs and everything.
>>
Considering EA is also putting out battlefield I doubt they are too worried about the sales. If they were they'd do something about it. They don't care as long as it's out before December
>>
>>342851869
they really need to delay BF1 so it has a better chance of taking cod out
>>
>>342852742
I bet you Titanfall flops with BF1 and COD:IW/COD4;R sucking all the air out of the room
>>
I would release it 2-3 months later than CoD.
>>
>>342852464

If you want to start some kind of dialogue here, the worst thing you can do is put forward a well thought out and well formatted OP.

Always start with something inflammatory and overly dramatic.
>>
>>342854128
It needs to be released by Christmas, that's when games sales are highest.
>>
Don't care, still buying Titanfall 2 over a BF4 reskin and neo CoD. Titanfall is legit one of my favourite games this gen and I can't wait to see how much they've improved it.
>>
>>342854474
Yeah, I like it too, and that's why I'm worried it will bomb. I'm pretty sure Watchdogs 2 will bomb but I don't give a shit about that.
>>
>>342851869
Since my name is EA, I'll just ship the game unfinished 2 weeks prior to Battlefield 1, and put a special Battlefield 1 promo code for a WWI-style mech or some cosmetic hat or some other stupid shit inside every Titanfall 2 copy sold.
>>
>>342854780
I have been thinking whether EA should offer a BF1/Titanfall 2 double-pack at a discount.
>>
I'll buy Titanfall 2 and maybe CoD

Fuck BF1 not going to buy that shit game
>>
EA should put a fucking discount voucher for T2 in every BF1 box.
>>
>>342854892
That would only be a remotely viable move if they shared a release date. Otherwise, they'd just be sucking week-one sales from whatever game releases first while "savvy" consumers wait for the discounted bundle to drop.
>>
>>342855594
Or just release it in late November once they've both been out for a bit, so you get Xmas shoppers and bargain hunters but not early adopters.
>>
EA doesnt give a shit about bf1 and tf2 competing, they are going after cod
>>
>>342854474
Same fampai
>>
>>342855775
The problem is if 3 games appealing to the same audience being released in 3 weeks causes one to lose out - which is likely to be Titanfall, as the weakest of the 3 brands.
>>
>>342856065
I dont think so, the negative reaction to the latest cod reveal plus the decline in popularity with the series makes me thing ea will pull it off whilst keeping both bf1 and tf2 alive
Thats what I hope will happen anyway, the only game of the three im buying is titanfall
>>
After the e3 trailers titanfall 2 has got my money, although I'll probably get bf1 too. I've been wanting another pre-Vietnam online game
>>
>>342852464
(You)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.