[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Previous thread died before I could get answer, so Im posting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: CHOICE.png (73 KB, 805x533) Image search: [Google]
CHOICE.png
73 KB, 805x533
Previous thread died before I could get answer, so Im posting this again. /v/ is sure lively today.

Please, help me decide, /v/ - Pandora: First Contact or Beyond Earth.

In before "ask /vg/" - they say that both are shit and tell me to play SMAC. I cant play SMAC anymore - do you know the feeling of eating fine dish? Now if you would eat it too many times, you cant even look at it anymore. Just like that.

Some people reported that Beyond actually gets much better with latest expansion. Pandora devs also fixed problems with overpowered AI lately (or so they say - they were always fans of AI steamrolling any new players into the ground and openly stated that AI is good, if new players lose horribly their first 10 or so matches on lowest difficulty level, because only that way they will "learn the game".)

Im in the mood for 4x set in atmosphere of alien planet colonization and wanted to get one of those games, but cant decide, which one. Hoped for bigger discount in case of Pandora, but whatever.

Thanks for any advice.
>>
Anybody?
>>
Shameful selfbump.

Nobody played those games or what?
>>
>>342850483
Personally I can't recommend Beyond Earth. If you have Civ 5 stick with it, or you could wait for Civ 6. No idea about Pandora. If you want a strategy space game I recommend Stellaris or Alpha Centauri.
>>
Did you have to use a food analogy? Getting sick of the same over and over is a simple enough concept
>>
>>342850483
Beyond Earth is shit. Didn't play the other game.
>>
>>342854948

I just wanted to say it in some different way.

But the situation is kinda like with all those people saying that you dont need any space 4x, since you have Master of Orion 2.

>>342854791

>Personally I can't recommend Beyond Earth

But why? And most importantly - did you tried it with expansion?

This is kinda the point, really. Everybody on /v/ used to say that BE is shit. Then expansion came out and some people claimed that it actually improves a lot. But nobody an give me opinion, because everybody just played the base game, decided it was shit and dont want to check out, if it actually improved.

>Stellaris

Too high price for now

>Alpha Centauri

I said about that in first post ;_;
>>
keep playing smac
or just mod smac
really just don't buy beyond earth, that's a surefire waste a money and I'm sure whatever the fuck pandora is it's probably better
>>
>>342855561
>>342855145

But, actually, why?

>keep playing smac

I CANT ANYMORE.
>>
>>342850483
>>342855409
Don't known about Pandora, and as you have said a lot of anons haven't tried the expansion for beyond earth (myself included), and BE might have been improved by the expansion but from what I've read it still has many dire flaws. As a long time civ fan I'd never recommend beyond earth no anyone to be honest.
>>
>>342855849
If you really want to see for yourself, pirate it
It's almost entirely civ V gameplay wise but with an ugly, and I mean ugly coat of paint, and absolutely laughable writing that can't hold a candle to SMAC
unit upgrades are shit/streamlined for no reason
low amount of civs despite none of them being deep and interesting like smac so there is no excuse
didn't even bother fixing some of the more annoying parts of civ v, in fact it is worse in a few places
granted I haven't tried the DLC
>>
>>342856258

>If you really want to see for yourself, pirate it

I actually cant pirate. Im afraid to do so and dont even want to try, to be honest.
>>
Bump?
>>
>>342859204

Last try.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.