[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Splinter Cell Conviction is the best game in the series.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: conviction-coop.jpg (291 KB, 1274x708) Image search: [Google]
conviction-coop.jpg
291 KB, 1274x708
This fact is irrefutable
>>
>>342847876
It's literally the worst, and I'm not even trying to meme you with an obviously wrong use of the word literally. It introduced the horrible mark and execute feature.
>>
>Splinter cell conviction is the 2nd worst game in the series.
FTFY
>>
>>342848046
Atleast it had micheal ironside.
>>
Try again. Troll better.
>>
Only the co-op campaign, which is significantly more Splinter Cell than the main campaign, which is... I don't know, Jason Bourne or some shit?
>>
>>342848046
>Scout out the room
>Mark enemies
>Learn their route patterns
>Detonate EMP grenade at the perfect moment
>Drop into the middle of the room and do some sick Gun Kata shit
>This is apparently a bad thing
>>
File: 1432855408998.png (272 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1432855408998.png
272 KB, 512x384
>>342848723
>literally press X to kill bullshit taking away all player input

Please consider suicide, you can't possibly defend game design that shitty. It completely undermines what made the previous games so good. 10/10 bait, you got me mad
>>
File: sc-conviction-coopnight.jpg (71 KB, 550x350) Image search: [Google]
sc-conviction-coopnight.jpg
71 KB, 550x350
>>342848328
Yeah, the single player suffers from Triple AAA cutscene gameplay syndrome. The Co-op is much better, even to play solo.

Not to mention Kestrel and Archer are based af
>>
>>342848993
>You need to get a melee kill to unlock it
>It's disabled on the highest difficulty (Which if are the type to complain about this mechanic you should be playing on in the first place)
>The game isn't designed around it at all and you can just choose to not use it if you want

The non cinematic parts of the game can be beat without firing a bullet, it's dumb to complain about an optional feature.
>>
>>342849779
>You need to get a melee kill to unlock it
>It's disabled on the highest difficulty (Which if are the type to complain about this mechanic you should be playing on in the first place)
>The game isn't designed around it at all and you can just choose to not use it if you want

Yeah, but he has autism.
>>
>>342847876
You mean chaos theory, right?
>>
>>342849779
>The game isn't designed around it at all

Except it literally is. Even without using it you still stumble into areas with a guard conveniently placed with his back to you for a takedown just to refill the meter. Do you honestly think this game is in any way as good as Chaos Theory or the two games before that?

I've seen some shit but congrats anon, neo-/v/ lives and your thread here is proof of that. Get some standards.
>>
>>342848046
Mark ane execute was fine, though its range was too much. The biggest problem with conivction was the poor level design. It was impossible to ghost the game as it would force you into confrontation.

I liked the b&w mode to let you know you were hidden and the projection effect for flashback cutscenes was an interesting, non intrusive way to handle it.

Conviction was a bad splintercell game, but it was a great jason borne game.
>>
>>342850368
Not the anon youre arguin with but
Conviction was actually a lot of fun for me in co-op with a friend
That doesnt change the fact that chaos theory is best girl
>>
>>342850368
>Other Splinter Cell games don't have stupidly dumb placed guards
>Neo-V

You're wearing some serious nostalgia goggles gramps, get with the times.
>>
>>342850594
B&W mode is terrible, you spend 75% of the game playing in B&W if you're actually trying to be stealthy.
>>
>>342850594
>The biggest problem with conivction was the poor level design. It was impossible to ghost the game as it would force you into confrontation.

This is why the co-op campaign is so much better
>>
>>342847876
No.

It's actually a pretty fun game if you can get past the fact that it's a terrible Splinter Cell game though. If they would have either made it a new franchise with that gameplay, or even made it a licensed Bourne game or something, it would have had much less hate directed at it. Co-op was fun as shit.
>>
I liked Blacklist a lot.
>>
>>342850735
There's nothing wrong with modern SC games, Black List was pretty good minus the QTE ending. Conviction is just the worst of the bunch as far as single player goes.

>>342850627
Agreed, Conviction had baller co-op and I liked the Denial Ops game modes.
>>
File: 1423904923808.jpg (66 KB, 616x699) Image search: [Google]
1423904923808.jpg
66 KB, 616x699
>>342851016
>>342851110
I just could not enjoy blacklist because they got rid of Ironside
>>
>>342851016
Blacklist was fun if you play on the highest difficulty without mark and execute shit. They still ruined the tense moments of sneaking up to grab a guard by making Sam too mobile and giving him generous melee combat range.

If they made Blacklist with the old game mechanics it'd be a 9/10
>>
>>342851290
That's fair.
>>
>>342851290
They should have just gone with a new character, which I guess they tried to do with that black guy in FPS mode. It didn't make any sense to have grey-haired Sam voiced by some 23 year old guy.
>>
Anyone else out there loved conviction and hated blacklist?

I didn't care for convictions story but the coop was a breathe of fresh and very based air. The one achievement for killing 50 hunters without being detected was more of a stealth feat than anything from earlier SCs. I for one liked the option to guns blazing because it wasnt forced and made staying stealth more fun. Parts of blacklist forced that shit though and the coop was horrible so that's where I drew the line.

Chaos Theory>>>Pandora Tomorrow>Conviction>>Splinter Cell>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>literal shit>DA>Blacklist
>>
>>342851434
They could have kept ironside as a voice actor to work as a guide or something and introduced a new character entirely
They were probably trying to stick to the novels even though we all already know Clancy has nothing to do with these games anymore
>>
>>342850594
>It was impossible to ghost the game

git gud faggot
>>
Call me edgy or whatever but one of the biggest turnoffs of the new splinter cell games is that Sam doesn't wear a balaclava.

Seriously he looks cool as shit but when they get rid of the mask he is just Nathan drake/Jason Bourne
>>
>>342847876

that opinion is foolish
>>
>>342852051
he only ever wore a balaclava in like a few missions in the old ones though.
>>
>>342852147
Yeah Chaos Theory is probably better but how else do I get people to talk about Conviction

Had to pull in the (You)'s
>>
https://youtu.be/pKNfGzjIauQ

Press F
>>
>>342852359
that shit always looked like so much fun to me but back when I got the game I didn't have internet good enough to play it.
>>
Splinter Cell was always the worst of the big stealth games. It was more linear and scripted than say Hitman or Thief.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.