[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you grew out of your habit of playing many games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: Capture.jpg (64 KB, 889x684) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
64 KB, 889x684
At what age did you grew out of your habit of playing many games for like couple of hours or so and then never finishing them because you just got a new game and you lacked the attention span and and dedication to finish what you started.
And no i am not talking about giving up on bad games.
But outright not finishing a nearly done game because you just got a new one.
My example is that i never finished the original Infinity engine games other than Ice wind dale and Torment or the No one lives forever games.

My age was 22 after i got my PS2.
At that time i developed a habit of finishing what i start even thou i still had the habit of downloading every new game and hording them all.
I even finished the above mentioned games in the last 2 years i am 31 now.
>>
Let's be real tho even the best games can be a chore if you're not in the right mood or something. I've flipped through like a dozen 10/10 game of the year titles bored out of my mind and ended up going back to an older game anyway never looking back.
>>
>>342839346
21 here, and I still rarely finish what I play.

But videogames are also far from my favourite hobby, so it's mostly because there are other things I'd rather do.
>>
A lot of games hit a very boring and tedious mark after the mid point.

This is especially true of the mechanics of the game just don't hold up well enough, or if the narrative just isn't that engaging.

There's a lot of games I don't finish, but the ones I do are the ones I can rightfully claim to be great games, not just OK or Good.
>>
I've tried to finish the games I start since I was a kid. I've even finished many games I didn't enjoy just to 'complete' them. If anything, I've grown out of this mindset. And now when I encounter a game that I don't like, I actually quit it.

>9 out of 10 will not finish the game
That statistic is misleading. But its also just Sturgeon's Law in a new context. 9 out of 10 games are bad.
>>
OPhere

To be fair i made up a rule ware i don't start any new games unless i finish the one i am plaything.
Worst case scenario if i am bored of the game play and just want to see the rest of the story il watch the last 20-10% on YouTube.
This however only happens whit games that dont have the most amazing game play but a decent story.
Such as some JRPGs or Western Open world game.
>>
File: 1466916224355.jpg (55 KB, 372x613) Image search: [Google]
1466916224355.jpg
55 KB, 372x613
>>342839346
if i like what i play, i finish it and dont play anything else inbetween

those nine out of 10 people must be either casual console-friend normies or people that barely play games
>>
I finish games that deserve to be finished.

That said, I do complete most games I buy. Save for PC games.
>>
>>342839346
>Nine Out of 10
Why wouldn't they say "9 out of 10" or "Nine out of Ten"
>>
29 I hardly finish games anymore unless they draw me in. Even if I am really enjoying the game I sometimes drop it for no reason. Hell I even do this with tv shows too
>>
>>342840467

I think there is a rule in the English language ware you cant wright sentences or titles starting whit numbers unless its written in words.
>>
>>342839346
I do that because i got easily bored with most games nowadays. It's probably what happens after you play to many games, your brain grows tired. Or it's just depression.
>>
OP here as i stated.
If you stop playing a game because you don't like it its not the same.
I am talking about the habit of not finishing a game you actually enjoy.
I think many younger people have or haw had this problem not just me when i was young.
>>
I don't think that's a thing you grow out of.

I don't finish most of the games I play because they don't hold my interest the whole way through. Some games are just fun for a while but not enough to finish them.

There's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>342839346

It was the exact opposite.

I always finished every single game I ever touched, I spent hundreds of hours on each title.

Then I realized it was truly retarded: it's not a fucking job, they aren't paying you, you can only be rewarded with your own satisfaction.
And sure, 100%ing a game can be satisfying, but it can also be 80 extra hours of useless boring grinding to get that one piece of cloth and unlock that last fucking achievement.

Last year I got a new PC and a library of 60+ games. I started playing each one of them. I'm slowly completing some of them, I already finished around 15 of them while I dropped others that just weren't good enough for my time.
And still, I don't give a shit about achievements, I'm pirating everything.

Now actually finish games that I don't fully enjoy if someone is paying me to do it.
Which actually happens a lot
>>
Had this problem when I was on a multiplayer game kick. But then I realized that all online games have terrible matchmaking and are full of botters and hacks. I finally finished my entire backlog and only recently filled it back up with the GOG__ sale.
>>
>>342841347
Oh and a shitload of HoI4.
>>
>>342839346
i make myself finish them to get my moneys worth. i think i might be not okay in the head. i play alot of videogames
>>
>>342840840
I stop games I "like" it's just I like them initially, but then they get boring sometime after the midpoint. When you've pretty much experienced all the game's got to offer, and can predict the ending, thus lose all motivation to play.

This doesn't make them bad games, or means that I dislike them, but there's usually no point in finishing them sometimes.

The games I truly consider good are the games where I'm so into them because the mechanics or story are so good (it's typically the mechanics that gotta hold it up), that by the time I reach the end, it kinda sneaks up on you.

Deus Ex HR is a good example of a game that gave me that experience. I was so into the game cause the levels were fun, but also cause the mysteries and conspiracy theories were engaging, that by the time I hit the end, it made me wish there was more. That's good game design, and the games I finish usually follow that pattern. TWEWY, Ghost Trick, most Zeldas except SS, Metroid series, etc...

Most games though don't, and I usually just lose all motivation to continue after a certain point. Fire Emblem, a lot of RPGs, etc... I can see where that 9/10 figure comes from, because if I do the math, I'd say I finish about 1/10 games yeah.

I've forced myself to finish games some times, just to reach the end, only to be somewhat unsatisfied since I got what I predicted.
>>
>>342839346

I'll play whatever I want to play the most. If a game can thrill me enough to finish it, good job devs. I've put 120 hours into Fallout 4 but haven't finished it yet. In a couple of months I'll get an itch to play and finish it
>>
>>342839346
>At what age did you grew out of your habit of playing many games for like couple of hours
Actually when I was a a child and a teenager I finished pretty much everything I played because I had the time. Now I only have the time to finish a couple games a year so I finish the stuff that grabs me the most and leave most stuff unfinished.
>>
>>342839346
What? I never done that when I was a kid, finished everything

Now I can barely play an hour of a game before getting bored with it. Only games I finished in years are the Dark Souls
>>
>>342839346
the opposite actually
after i bought a decent pc i started pirating and buying cheap steam games which i never finished. that has made me grow tired of most games.

i was happily enjoying the 3-4 games i received every year for my console before that

now that i have money i buy most aaa on lunch just to play an hour and never to touch it again
>>
>>342839346
Depends on the game.

I can't be assed to finish my Warband game. All I got left is Nords and they control a little under half the map. But I just start thinking about the sieges and lose all interest.
>>
>>342839346
When I was a kid I used to finish every game I played and then spend 100 of hours more replaying it, discover every sectet and so on. Playing for hours at a time.

Nowadays I mostly beat a game and then leave it be, I rarerly rush through games either, mostly I just play a couple hours then do something else
>>
ITT:Oldfags who don't have time for Vidya anymore.
Isn't time to leave /v/?
>>
>>342842513
>underage b8 detected
>>>/out/
>>
>>342840467
>>342840639
There's also a guideline to not mix numbers written out in letters and ones written in numerals on the same sentence.
>>
>>342839346
uh I always tried to beat the games I owned, except for a handful that were kinda shit.

I have so many games now, and I'm actively trying to beat everything I own. It's to the point where I really don't want to start a game unless I know I'm going to finish it, so a lot of like NES games are getting sidelined because they're quite difficult and I don't like resorting to walkthroughs
>>
>>342842513
You can't, you're here forever
>>
>>342840226
Are you me?
>>
>>342839346
I never finished Red Dead Redemption. It's not because it was bad, but my attention span in high school wasn't that great. I fell for the Call of Duty meme (which brought me hundreds upon hundreds of hours of fun with friends, so I don't regret it too much), and as I get older I find myself having less time to play but somehow find more time to shit post on /v/, so when new games come out I drop my current one to try it out, rinse and repeat. I do plan on going back to RDR since I bought the GOTY edition. I just hate having a job and gf. I wish I could go back to middle school and high school days where I would have so much free time.
>>
File: d4testchamber0919-610-720x408.jpg (68 KB, 720x408) Image search: [Google]
d4testchamber0919-610-720x408.jpg
68 KB, 720x408
the problem I've been running into the last few years is so many games don't really have an end point

I'm still used to games that are either multiplayer or you can beat them in an afternoon unless it's a jrpg/crpg
>>
>>342839346
I finish some games, but others I don't see a point to finishing because the real fun is just in goofing off. That said even I made myself 100% RDR 6 years ago before I could use cheats.
also
>22+16 years
>still on /v/
anon, I...
>>
>>342839346
>habit of playing many games for like couple of hours or so and then never finishing them
I never had that habit. I do however have the habit of buying lots of games, shoving them all into my backlog and then play an old game for the gazillionth time.
>>
24, I haven't finished a single game in years.
>>
I can count on a single hand the number of games I've played to 100%

I've finished the story in the vast majority of the others though
I'm not in the habit of wasting money
>>
>>342839346

You're pretty underage if you think this is a matter of attention span
>>
File: Aquaman cover xbox.jpg (110 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
Aquaman cover xbox.jpg
110 KB, 640x908
>>342839346
Not sure, I usually complete most games I get because I don't get a new game often and I see it more as a treat than something I have an unlimited supply of. Hence why I've completed drivel like Aquaman and excellent games like Etrian Odyssey, I usually only have one or two at a time.
>>
>>342839346
When I was young I played everything to completion
Now I rarely do
The only games I've finished in the past 6 years have been

Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Salt And Sanctuary
Gauntlet
Summon Night Swordcraft Story
MGS V
GTA V
Super Mario 3D World
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Various RPG Maker games
>>
File: 1466642124610.gif (3 MB, 1530x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466642124610.gif
3 MB, 1530x1080
>>342839346
If I like the game I always finish them, even when I was a kid. I have beat MANY games. I am 29.
>>
>>342839346
Define what you mean by finish.

I go through retro games alot these days because I never played them but I never replay them or try to 100% them. I believe that stuff is only used to drag the game length out. Sure I missed painted world and ash lake but I didn't miss much. Same with Valkyrie profile and the true ending.
>>
only game i didn't "finish" as a kid was that one of the dude throwing his head to attack things
dynamic head was called?
anyway since ps3 generation i stopped finishing every pile of shit game i touch
i finished RDR and i regret it . fuck listening to you guys
>>
>Nine out of Ten

Are we including mobile/browser gamers?
>>
>>342839346
This is true. Most games have 75 - 80% acquisition rate on their first trophy, and it drops drastically by the third mandatory story related trophy.
>>
>>342840467
Because this is gaming 'journalists" we're talking about here. They were literally too stupid to get into a respectable field for writing, so here they are.
>>
>have the feeling of "OH MAN I need to finish some of my backlog because I have no real achievements in my life"
>go back and finish games like AC: Brotherhood and FFXIII-2
>not even remotely worth finishing them, get fucking angry
Then there's games like Catherine or Pikmin 2 where I only played them a few times and then didn't get hooked enough so I dropped them for quite a while, then came back and got really into them and loved them. I even have games like Witcher 3 where I pick it up and play for another 20+ hours then drop it again, just because the gameplay is so dull I can only handle so much but it just keeps fucking going. At this point I'll finish it just because I like it enough to do so and I want to play the DLC, but you should never feel obligated to finish a shitty game just to clear it from your backlog.
>>
>>342839346
Around 26.

I can't play a game for more than an hour, and ultimately, I never finish them. My backlog is pretty disgusting right now.
>>
>>342844012

How the fuck can you miss painted world? Are you retarded?
>>
>>342839346
I still try to finish as many games as I can, unless I'm just not enjoying it or it has a ton of requirements to "finish". I have a backlog that I try to keep plugging away at. I'll still go back and play multiplayer games with no ending or older games I've already beat to mix it up, but I'm generally always working towards completing one game or another.

I think a reason a lot of people don't is gaming has become so popular plenty of people play it just for the social experience or talking points. They get hyped up about Skyrim or The Witcher 3 and run out to get it just because, but don't actually have the time, dedication, or interest to finish.
>>
Recently actually, at 25. Most notably Dark Souls 3, I got to the Illthyllylt or whatever the fuck dungeon and quit, I just wasnt feeling it. Bought Dark Cloud remaster on PS4 and got past the 2nd village and just stopped, got Last of Us remaster and didnt finish it either, I keep going back to older games instead of finishing the new ones I buy. I wonder how long I can play the recently bought EDF 4.1 for before dropping it too, games are just a passtime to me now, it just feels so unimportant.
>>
when I was 23 I stopped finishing games
I simply don't have the time anymore, and I have other interests now too
>>
>>342844407
Not that anon but you have to go back to a previously beaten area by exploring firelink enough to find the nest, get an item that doesn't exist anywhere else or for any other purpose, then take it to another optional area and use it. Drop your elitist attitude, the souls games are ambiguous for a reason.
>>
It's not just attention span; a lot of games these days are created for casual people who only play the first 5-10 hours so they become incredibly dull later on. Resources are poured heavily into the earlier content people are more likely to see, is what I'm saying. And a lot of games with systems that look really deep and engaging reveal themselves to be boring and shallow as fuck in the later parts of the game, this happens so often to me now I try to relish the "honeymoon" part of any big game where I'm still deluding myself into thinking the game is huge and amazing before reality sinks in.
>>
It's so weird seeing this many casuals on /v/

I finish every game I start playing
>>
File: 1466913997069.jpg (152 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466913997069.jpg
152 KB, 1280x720
>>342839346
I'm 27 and I still beat all my games

Just finished bloodborne last night

I solod that faggot kos the orphan at level 74

Hardest boss in the game
>>
>>342844896
Reminds me, I havent finished Old Hunters either. Got to the church behind Ludwig and quit, Ludwig felt like the best fight youll be getting out of the games, all I hear about Kos is how "unfair" the fight is so I just never really hankered to do it.
>>
Ever since I was a child I complete almost every game, at least in my collection every game has been completed. If it shit, then that is my punishment for buying a shit game and next time I just have to be more careful. The idea of not finishing a game, book, film is atrocious to me, because it keeps haunting me until I complete it. Also in my childhood my family wasn't rich, so if I got a game, I had to play it and complete it before I asked for another one, or I would feel bad for the fact that my parents spent their money on a game and I didn't even finish it.
>>
>>342839346
Only a couple of years ago. I used to do begin a lot of games and then leave them incomplete. Back in 2011 or so I'm pretty sure I had every single game in my Steam library installed.
I decided to apply some kind of system that pushes me towards completing what I've already started instead of starting new games. It's a stupid system that I won't explain here because it's tailored to me specifically, also I don't apply it strictly (that would make playing video games into a chore rather than a pleasure), but it works. I've been picking up games that I had last played even in 2013 and completing them.

Another thing that helped was dropping the autistically obsessive wanting to 100% everything. Sometimes you just gotta let it go, reach the end credits, forget about the extras you missed and uninstall the game right that moment.
>>
>>342844407
No I just don't follow a guide like your casual ass.
>>
I finish and (and try to) 100% every game I play.
I guess not being one of those retards who buy a new game every week helps with that.
>>
>>342839346
I am 22 and I have really been trying to getting into a single player game, but I just keep on going back to either TF2, playing SMITE with my friend or playing Paladins. The closest I have gotten so far is getting to the final episode with Kai in 100% Orange Juice.
>>
>>342839918
This. I end up buying tons of new games, but I still prefer replaying the same shit from ten years ago.
>>
>>342839918
>I've flipped through like a dozen 10/10 game of the year titles bored out of my mind

To be fair most of those games are AAA overhyped trash.
>>
>>342839346
and what is the source of their statistics?

even if you look from steam achis its closer to 50% than 10
>>
This is just a side effect of maturing and developing more refined tastes. Most of the games on the market don't interest me at all; some games I buy but get bored of less than halfway through. That's just because I've learned to recognize more quickly what I personally enjoy and what bores me. But I still have my games that I can play for hours on end. There's fewer of them than when I was a kid but I'm able to go much more in depth when I do find one.

The Witcher 3 was the latest one for me.
>>
>>342839346

I just horde games and never play anything. Saves time just not money. Working out OK so far!
>>
>>342844036
>finished RDR and i regret it
why? other than the shitty hunting challenges I loved completing that game.
>>
Since I grew up and don't have a lot of free time as I had when younger.

This and the number of games avaliable for me to play now. Also, I don't feel that need to play games anymore, I don't know why. The last two games that revived that urge to play was Dark Souls and Dead Space. (Played both this year)
>>
>>342845078
I never read up on it since I stumbled into having a ps4 but I do recall seeing people bitch about Ludwig

The whole dlc was really short

I spent more time fighting kos than the rest combined but I also think i was very under leveled

After that I killed the last two bosses in the game who are a cakewalk compared to kos
>>
Uh, never did that?

The only games I didn't finish as a child were either too hard NES era or too shit for me to care.
>>
>>342839346
>grew out of
>implying
I grew into it

Most games just lose my interest after like 10 hours
>>
>>342839346
I play a game until I stop having fun, however long that may be.

I have a savefile from Persona 4 kicking around that if I remember correctly is at something around 100 hours and, to my knowledge, pretty close to the end of the game, but I have no intention of ever going back and finishing it because I lost interest and moved on.

Life's short and I'm not going to waste my time doing something I'm not enjoying or in some way benefiting from.
>>
File: 1282695305631.png (680 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
1282695305631.png
680 KB, 667x670
I beat damn near every game I start.

Always have and hopefully always will.
>>
>>342845670
it was GTA with a fucking horse
>listen to this stupid woman who need no man
thats all i fucking remember from the game
then the ending i was supposed to care about?
i liked that song when entering that other continent . thats all i liked from the game , i was a chore after a chore
>>
>>342839346
26 here. I've made it a point to finish games I buy now. The only one I have left on the shelf is Mario DS after buying it second hand. The controls were just too clunky. The rest of my small library I've done so.

It makes sense though as most people now struggle to maintain their attention on anything for a long period thanks to media and tech making things effortless. So young people are no longer used to things which require a certain amount of time and effort and just drop it.
>>
Christ, this thread proves just how many casuals there really are on /v/. You don't just stop reading a fucking book half way through, because that's not a book, and if you stop halfway through a game you haven't actually played the game.
>>
>>342846420
I think I just liked the gunplay and gambling enough to keep me interested. That song was good though.
>>
File: 4623463466.jpg (14 KB, 243x208) Image search: [Google]
4623463466.jpg
14 KB, 243x208
Leaving things unfinished is what weak and non-committal people do. This goes for all facets of life and it reflects in everything. People I know who start a lot of games and don't finish them are generally lazy people who complain about not getting anywhere in life.
>>
>>342846495
dont worry kid, when you grow up you'll learn to say no and walk away when you like dont like something
>>
>>342840226

I never realized I could tell if someone was black by how they wrote until now.
>>
>>342846420
I agree, RDR was good but I'm always baffled by the reception it got. Every character except for maybe Bonnie and Ricketts was an insufferable cunt, and you spend 75% of the game bending over backwards for faggots like Seth and Dickens even though John is supposed to be some badass who won't hesitate to kill if you get in between him and his family. Then you had shit like the random events being the same four things just scattered throughout the wilderness.
>>
>>342839346
I usually don't play games that you 'finish', but if i do it depends on how much the game captures me. Sometimes games slog on and I'll start playing something more fun instead, but most of the time i finish the story in games i play.
>>
File: asdads.jpg (41 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
asdads.jpg
41 KB, 460x287
>Nine out 10
Why is it written like this?
>>
Its literally the opposite for me. I grow tired of games and fail to complete them more often now than I did when I was younger. Games are just not as good as they used to be.
>>
>>342839346
I guess around late middle school. Although in my defense, I didn't finish Sly Cooper because my big brother yanked my controller and end up playing it by himself
>>
>>342846684
Or perhaps I simply value games, and would rather actually have experienced a few of them, as opposed to briefly brushing up against them as a time killer.
>>
>>342846923
That's how you write numeric in a formal articles though. If it hits 2 digits, you use numbers
>>
>>342840639
Isn't it after 12 that you usually write numbers with numbers tho? 'Nine out of ten' would have worked perfectly fine here.
>>
>>342839346
>Nine out of 10
>not 9 out of 10 or nine out of ten
>>
>>342846495
Anon, games are for entertainment, the moment you stop being entertained its not doing its job, its finished. Its nothing like reading a book or watching a movie, its like eating a meal or having a drink. When youve had enough you you dont keep eating because its infront of you, you push it asid and move on, otherwise you start to dislike the taste of what you were once enjoying because now you are forcing yourself to just get it in you because its presented to you, not because you want it.

Videogames are not like books or movies, they are made to be picked up and put down at any point, movies and books are not, its necassary to get their entertainment in one sitting or within an allotted time, you can drop a game today and pick it up a year later and it will still be entertaining from where you left of if its a good game.
>>
I never finished any game
>>
>>342846668
Its funny because I know alot of normies who have well paying jobs and play games for like an hour and never complete them. Youre talking shite anon.
>>
File: Shrug.jpg (24 KB, 250x332) Image search: [Google]
Shrug.jpg
24 KB, 250x332
>>342847239
And that view point is why you're a casual.
>>
>>342846923
i bet 10 tracks really well in metrics
>>
The older I get, the less patience I have for mediocre games and I usually have something better to do with my time than finishing a game I'm not enjoying.
>>
>>342847121
By that logic people would write 1000000 instead of million. up until 21 it is preferably to write them and after that just use numbers. Except hundred, thousand, etc.At the end of the day consistency is the key.
>>
>>342841212
What are you doing to get paid for finishing games? Streams? QA tester?
>>
>>342847085
>i dont like this movie/book/game/zone/party/company
>i'm going to do something i dont like for X amount of time
sounds like you dont value your time jack shit
>>
>>342839346
In my experience that's something you grow into rather than out of. When I was a kid I'd get maybe one new game a month, so had nothing better to do than beat it, and largey enjoyed anything because I didn't have as much to judge it against. Now I'm an adult and can get a dozen games a fortnight so if something fails to engage me within the first couple hours I'll stick it on my backlog and try something else
>>
I don't feel like I need to finish a game to get enough satisfaction out of it.
>>
22 here, I haven't finished a video game in about 5 years probably.
>>
>>342839346
I don't finish shit games.

There are a lot of shit games in this era.
>>
I've developed a certain need of streaming the game I'm playing or I won't finish the game at all

Streaming makes it feel like I have friends watching me play thus it's more entertaining to discover new things with them in the games.

I'm 26
>>
File: 29-022.png (126 KB, 826x337) Image search: [Google]
29-022.png
126 KB, 826x337
>>342847239
>Videogames are not like books or movies, they are made to be picked up and put down at any point
>>
>>342839346
I don't think I ever had this problem.

I did have a problem of spending too much time playing multiplayer games, making it take forever to beat single player games, or even start them, but I always did finish them.
>>
>>342840226
I do this as well, I never start another story based game if I am not done with the one I am already playing. I exclude rogue-lites and multiplayer games from this because they don't really "end" and you play them for like half hour sessions
>>
>>342847594
Stopping something halfway through because you don't like it is one thing. Still not a good idea, because you've still robbed the experience of any value it might have held, but stopping it just because you figure "eh, I've played enough to get the gist", then stopping? That's awful. The whole of the game matters. The progression of mechanics, the culmination of level design, the pacing, the fucking story, all of these things are ignored if you don't finish a game.

I value my time, and there's no value to playing a game for a few hours until you get bored then dropping it.
>>
>>342847465
Yeah, you're probably right
>>
>>342842390
I've never even gotten that far into a warband game. Once got a small kingdom going in the game of thrones mod before my save corrupted, that turned me off lategame. Now i just ride around and fight dudes
>>
>>342843238
Why do people act like it's bad to still be here? Some threads are decent and why wouldn't you want to discuss a hobby of yours
>>
>>342848287
I'd rather discuss vidya here than anywhere else. At least if you have a shit opinion here you get called out for it, anywhere else is pure shill and sycophant mode.
>>
In 20 years, I've never completed a game. No exceptions. I leave multiplayer matches early and I stop playing single player if I feel like the game is coming to a close.
>>
>>342844407
It's fully possible to miss it, stop being a dumb. I didn't, and painted world is awesome, but missing it is very easy.
>>
>>342844840
>unironically calling ppl casuals
Kys my man
>>
>>342848825
Reee, etc.
>>
I realized I actually prefer GAMES instead of non-games that only exist to tell a story.

Compare Frozen Synapse or Doom to shit like Xenogears or Bioshck
>>
>>342847943
>robbed of the experience of any value
there wasn't any value to be robbed off
>and how you know that before completing my game
because i dont need to eat shit 5000 times to know its not something i enjoy
guess you got fucked in the ass once and then got raped 5000 times till you liked it since you use that logic
>>
>>342847534
Reviews.
>>
>>342845569
None, its a 'clickbait' garbage article
>>
>>342846205
You could always try going back months or even years later and see if you feel the desire to finish the game.
>>
>>342847336
>things that have never happened: the post
>>
File: cup guy iron giant.jpg (7 KB, 236x251) Image search: [Google]
cup guy iron giant.jpg
7 KB, 236x251
>>342848609
>>
>>342849260
that's why I still have the save

so far the only games I've actually gone back and finished after dropping are God Hand and FF9
>>
File: 1457074048307.png (119 KB, 205x245) Image search: [Google]
1457074048307.png
119 KB, 205x245
>>342847360
Call it what you want, I wouldnt take pride in calling myself a "gamer" in this day and age.
>>
>>342839346
I never did that. When I was a kid and my parents got me a game I was thankful and appreciative. Wasn't some asswipe spoiled kid who played a game "for a couple of hours" and then got a new one. I played the hell out of my games for months and rarely got new ones. Enjoyed every minute of it.
>>
I deal with video games in two ways:

1. Pour dozens or even hundreds of hours into 100%'ing the game
2. Buy them and never play them ever
>>
>>342849527
There's no shame in being a casual, it just means this isn't the place for you.
>>
Now these may seem like bait or a meme answer, but i think Bioshock infinite is what turned me off.

Playing that game felt like chore to get through. The enemies felt bland, the world felt linear, i couldnt get into the story, and I was just waiting for the game to end.

Now at this time I had PSN+. Which is why played it. And then TLOU came out and the online hooked me.
Then month after month more PSN+ games kept piling on and i would try to start them only to get that chore feeling again.
>>
File: ff8cosplay.jpg (157 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
ff8cosplay.jpg
157 KB, 774x1032
>>342839346
>At what age did you grew out of your habit of playing many games for like couple of hours or so and then never finishing them

OP, you usually grow into this habit after finally maturing.

That you do the opposite as you maturing is proof that you're a manchild that needs to grow the fuck up.

This is the canon timeline OP

>age 6 - 16
You play video games like a madman, you finish every game you start, all you do at school is talk about video games with your friends
>age 16 - 21
You start developing an interest in girls, you kinda want to grab their attention, you still love games and still play them for the majority of your free time but you're starting to realise that video games are not enough to make you happy anymore.
>age 21 - ~
You still love video games but with each year passing your desire to play them is getting overshadowed by your responsibilities and limited amount of time. You still follow gaming news and you still get hyped for shit because the kid inside you that loved video games is still there but you just can't enjoy them as you used to anymore. You're tired, you get bored quickly, your mind drifts. You're an adult.
>>
File: 1335362429963.gif (684 KB, 300x246) Image search: [Google]
1335362429963.gif
684 KB, 300x246
>>342846684
>walk away when you like dont like something

Sounds like most of you already have.
>>
>>342850193
/v/ is a special secret place only for the coolest most hardcore gamers
>>
>>342850193
>/v/ isn't a place for casuals

There's people on this board that never completed a DMC game, Deus Ex, Ace Attorney, Cave Story and so on

This place is edgy casuals central
>>
>At what age did you grew out of your habit of playing many games for like couple of hours or so and then never finishing them because you just got a new game and you lacked the attention span and and dedication to finish what you started.
Non-babbies could not CHOOSE to quit games early on because there weren't as many as have surfaced since ~1997 onwards

Oldfags, if anything, started getting into the habit of not finishing games later on.

But I can understand why today's gaymurs won't finish games. Shit is too flooded with a million mediocre titles and all games shoot for mediocrity. It's really hard to stick out with a choice unless it's a multiplayer-focused game.
>>
>>342850193
>/v/ is a secret club for gamers no casuals allowed
Anon, /v/ is /b/ lite and has been for years, if you actually cared about videogames like you claim to you wouldnt be here yourself, you come here to shitpost and bicker, like everyone else. There are constant threads for the latest AAA titles and MOBAs here, try and tell me /v/ isnt casual central.
>>
File: 14305678965.jpg (35 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
14305678965.jpg
35 KB, 600x600
I've played hundreds of video games and I'm pretty sure that the ones I abandoned can be counted on one hand(and most of them I abandoned because of game breaking bugs or other unsolvable software/hardware problems). If I start a game, I have to finish it. I can't just stop playing and never touch it again.

Besides, I've never played a game that was so bad that I couldn't enjoy it at all. I guess I'm not very picky.
>>
>>342850193
>/v/
>not casual

L I E S
I E S L
E S L I
S L I E
>>
>>342839918
Then they are not 10/10s. They are marketed as 10/10 but are actually not amazing.

Case in point:
>MGSV
>TW3
Open world garbage that is 95% pure padding, walking through an empty map filling a checklist of 3 types of points of interest.
How can these games be called good? Not only are they designed to never be re-played, but it comes to the point where even the first playthrough gets repetitive. This industry is beyond fucked.
>>
Never. It only got worse for me
>>
>>342850193
Go and look at the catalogue and reflect on what you just said. Dont be so naive as to think you are in some kind of secret elites club anon.
>>
I've played 40-some games this year so far, and of those I've only beat 3 or 4.

I'll play a game until the gameplay gets boring. It doesn't matter how good the story is, when it stops being fun to play, I'm done.
>>
Games should be shorter.

I played through Witcher 3 and it's expansions. Occasionally it felt like work.

<20 hours for everything I think. Make sequels or improve the quality of those 20 hours. I don't want to pay $60 for >100 hours of content, I want to pay $15 for 20 hours.
>>
>>342851471
I disagree.
BG2 is the gold standard for me and anything less than that is irredeemable dogshit.
>>
>>342850851
You must have very low standards. I can think of several games that start out great then at 20% in are the same exact shit until the end and are atrocious and pointless to finish.

Or story-rich games where the story completely shits the bed at some point.

Or games that radically change direction to the opposite end of the game philosophy spectrum so you're bound to like one and dislike the other part in some way. (for example, survival horrors turning into hyper gore action due to poor resource balancing, or JRPGs starting out requiring some strategy to spamming the one million damage move every fight until the end, or getting to customization options where you don't have to worry about anything anymore but auto-battle with attacks)
>>
>>342845670
Hey I enjoyed those challenges and the last ones are "legendary" targets.
>>
>>342850939
W3 is good but I wish it was compressed.

All open worlds should be compressed and shrunk to the point where quality-per-square-inch raises dramatically.
>>
File: 1464061591667.png (225 KB, 1070x1028) Image search: [Google]
1464061591667.png
225 KB, 1070x1028
I still haven't finished metal gear

but from what I hear, kojima didn't either
>>
>>342851471
>>342851673
Depends. BG2 has little padding compared to TW3 which has almost zero substance.

There is no objective "short games are bad" or "long games are bad". It's all about how the content is designed.
>>
>>342851471
>I don't want to pay $60 for >100 hours of content, I want to pay $15 for 20 hours.

Unfortunately quantity > quality right now in gaming. Just look at all of the procedurally generated shit, "endless quests", and filler in AAA games to pad game hours.
>>
>>342851895
True.
That's why BG2, Arcanum, Fallout 2 and Morrowind are still my favorite games.
>>
>>342851791
Yup. Unfortunately the marketing strategy seems to be
>boast about massive landscape, doesn't matter if it's completely empty like GTAV's or TW3 or mgs5
I hope the industry realizes this soon enough
>>
My problem is that I need everything in a game, all the secrets, and I burn myself out.
>>
File: 1464818823613.jpg (104 KB, 1167x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464818823613.jpg
104 KB, 1167x1080
>>342839346
Like 5 year ago? Basically, to avoid backlogs, if I didn't want to keep playing a game, I chucked it or traded it in. If I didn't want to play a game I had, even if I had never touched it, I did the same thing. So, now, I only ever have one new game at a time. I play it, finish it or don't, and then trade it in if I don't.
>>
>>342852092
Try to stop caring about them, the same happens to me when those are my goals, it just becomes a chore and lose the desire to keep playing, just left okami before the point of no return because I wanted to collect every bead and do everything before entering that place.
>>
Any specific time limit?
I never beat the spongebob movie game within a year of release, but 3 years later.
>>
>>342852092
I did this back when wind waker came out. Finished the game with all places explored, then immediately re-started taking pictures - missed a missable one, then restarted again.
Never again. That killed my interest to 100% things when it means wasting hundreds of hours to complete pointless shit.
>>
>>342848578
>shit opinion
stopped reading
>>
>>342852610
I never beat FFT despite having started more than 5 playthroughs over the years. PS1, Emulator, PSP, you name them. My first one back in the PS1 era I got stuck at that 1v1 battle, and was soulbroken about restarting even though I loved the game.
I finished it for the first time a year ago.
>>
>>342848880
Thats what you sound like tho, an r9k babby
>>
File: 1420518015606.jpg (13 KB, 216x240) Image search: [Google]
1420518015606.jpg
13 KB, 216x240
>>342839346
When I start a gamer I usually finish it, unless it's shit. I have a buddy who still buys a ton of games and plays like 10 hours and never touches them again and it makes me sad.
>>
>>342853574
game*
>>
>>342849406
You were probsbly just burnt out if you played only the same game for an extended amout of time. Some wait does wonders for me at least.
>>
>>342839346
Nice blog gurl, you go!
>>
>>342850193
>place to discuss videogames
>occasionally enjoy playing videogames
t-this isnt the place for you filthy normie
>>
I usually start a few and focus on what I'm enjoying the most. I leave some games unfinished, but generally, they weren't worth spending the time. Unfortunately, this means that I don't tend to 100% games anymore and sometimes stop playing them before I've finished sucking them dry of entertainment. Although I did platinum Uncharted 2 a few months ago. That was fun.
>>
>>342853756
I quit every etrian odyssey game I played, but I cannot go back to them even if I want to because I don't remember the progress I was at.
Customization, what skill points I was saving for, quest items, gear, buffs, etc.
For some games it feels faster to just re-start rather than spend 5 hours trying to recap where I was at.
>>
Sometimes I don't beat games because I don't want them to end. The post-game depression is real.
>>
>>342850939
MGSV doesnt have shit gameplay like TW3.

I cant see anyone saying man mgsv was boring meh.

probably feel anger,disappointment but game itself was fun to play not chore like tw3
>>
>>342839346
To be honest, it's actually been a while since i played a single-player game.

But generally, if i like the game i'll finish it. Last single-player games i've finisher were Yakuza 1, 3,4 and 5.
>>
>>342839346
It happened when I stopped pirating games.

And now I'm back to pirating and emulating most games and once again I'm not finishing most of them.
>>
>>342842513
It was my new years resolution.
But Reddit freaks me out, and I don't know any other "forums"
>>
>>342839346
It's actually the opposite for me. Well, kinda, because I do finish good games, but when I was young I used to finish shit games even when I had something like OOT next in line.
>>
File: cock.png (46 KB, 221x221) Image search: [Google]
cock.png
46 KB, 221x221
>>342839346
I'm not a kid anymore. I pay my taxes, I pay my bills, I buy my games.

I'll do whatever the fuck I want.
>>
>>342839346
The only problem I've had as I got older is that if a game doesn't suck me, I have difficulty finishing it.

It doesn't have to be a bad game. But if I'm really feeling it, then I lose interest in playing it.
>>
>>342854467
Sure, not a chore to play through a bunch of small copy-pasted camps and then repeat the same exact missions as filler content.
Did I mention driving and running for hours through literally empty space? That's fun too.
>>
>>342839346

I've gotten worse, not better. Particularly I have a poor track record with finishing JRPGs.

I think a lot of popular games these days are the type that have no ending. Multiplayer games. MMORPGs obviously don't end, but neither do games like Overwatch or DOTA 2. You jump into them, play a few matches, then stop. Do the same thing the next day and the next. You could do this for weeks or months and suddenly the vast majority of the time you spend playing video games is time spent in games that have no ending, while your backlog of single player games collects dust.
>>
>>342846668
>>342849313
>Start a lot of games and don't finish them
>Work full time, like my job
Video games are entertainment. Playing a video game that isn't entertaining simply because you don't want to abandon it is autistic.
>>
File: 1392413289328.jpg (7 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
1392413289328.jpg
7 KB, 256x197
I have a relatively small backlog and I make conscious effort to try and commit to every game I buy. It doesn't happen very often that I will put a game I bought aside after a little while.

Emulated games on the other hand I could load over with a shovel. I don't know what it is about emulation, but having 100 games instantly available to me just makes each of them less valuable.

It's weird, I just bought a PS3 and it's an entirely different experience. The fact that there are no distractions from playing the fucking game is bananas to me.

But I do juggle 2-3 games at a time, usually.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 600x535
>>342848895
>Xenogears and Bioshock
>non-games
>>
File: employment terminated.jpg (929 KB, 2000x2249) Image search: [Google]
employment terminated.jpg
929 KB, 2000x2249
>tfw playing like 7 or 8 games right now

I can't get no
>>
Really it was the opposite for me. Now that I have shit to do I can't really afford to play stuff I don't like.

That said I have a game (Sunless Sea) that I play but I never finish, because I explored it everywhere and know there's nothing for me in the NG+. That way at least I can go and kill shit with my overpowered ship.

>>342849034
Reviewers need to finish up the game they;re reviewing? That'd be unthinkable in ps2 era but now, I guess it could work. Reminds me of God Hand review.
>>
>>342850680
Why's Ace Attorney in this group? Not that I don't love it, but it never hit me as something positioned as hardcore and non-casual.
>>
>>342839346
I do this with anime, books, and television too. Usually life gets in the way
I never finished Red dead redemption either.
>>
>>342839346
I stopped playing multiple games at once many years ago. Now I just focus on one at a time.
>>
>>342857740
And those other games are?
>>
>>342858613
This.

Although I always end up feeling really guilty about it.
>>
I've finished 90% of all games I ever started playing. Feels good to not be a casual fucking faggot
>>
File: no you get in the robot.jpg (22 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
no you get in the robot.jpg
22 KB, 500x358
Ever since I was a kid I always finished my games.

If I start a game I finish it before I play anything else, even if I bought another one during that time.

Steam sales don't do shit to me because I don't buy games I probably wont enjoy just because they are cheap.

It honestly surprised be that so many people just don't finish the shit they paid for. The only game I never finished was Far Cry 3 because I returned that shit the day after I bought it.
>>
>>342854467
> i have the attention span of a five year old
>>
>>342839346
I feel when I was younger games used to get a hell of a lot more of my focus. Now that I Work 60+ hour work weeks I find myself jumping from game to game to keep entertained. Really wish I could just sit down and play one game fully.

I played Life is Feudal for like 2 months straight last year though. That shit was hella intense. Nothing like building a fort from the ground up with your boys, developing siege weaponry and warring with other groups on a server. Some of the most fun I've ever had in a game honestly.
>>
File: 1435903960141.png (277 KB, 1048x707) Image search: [Google]
1435903960141.png
277 KB, 1048x707
I'm trying my best to complete the games I start, but with the hundreds of games I have acquired through sales and bundles, it's a tough task
>>
>>342839346
I never had that phase

I grew up poor as shit, so whenever I bought a video game I had to make that last for fucking months

Piracy has spoiled me now, though I try to make it a point to finish them
>>
>>342839346
The only recent game I didn't finished was PSMD because I was spoiled on the ending and I keep dying.
>>
File: v123.jpg (32 KB, 476x426) Image search: [Google]
v123.jpg
32 KB, 476x426
I never grew out of it
>>
The problem isnt new games the problem is many games have terrible climaxe placement.
>>
>>342860195
I have the same issue. I think for me most games just have a moment where you realIze you've experienced everything the game has to offer mechanically and I get bored.
>>
>>342839346
I never had that habit when I was a kid. Now I switch games all the time. It might be because new games are so much more available to me now that I can afford them.
>>
File: 1417575023158.jpg (26 KB, 349x413) Image search: [Google]
1417575023158.jpg
26 KB, 349x413
>>342839346
>At what age did you grew out of your habit of playing many games for like couple of hours or so and then never finishing them because you just got a new game and you lacked the attention span and and dedication to finish what you started.

You know an important aspect of growing up is realizing when to quit right?
>>
If the game is shit, Im not going to finish it. If its something that I find fun or theres a decent enough story, I'll finish it even if its a bit of a chore. Life is strange was a good example of a game that became a chore to play. It started nicely and I was interested, but it went to shit and the last 2 episodes were just irritating to play, sure enough the ending was somehow even worse than I expected.
Also I play lots of games that you "cant finish". multiplayer games, simulators and the like. You never really finish those.
>>
>>342839346
I never had that issue as a kid because I wouldn't want to buy a new game until I finished the one I was playing.

You sound like a spoiled brat desu
>>
>>342839346
>you lacked the attention span and and dedication to finish what you started
playing video games: serious business!
>>
File: 1466802724985.gif (896 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1466802724985.gif
896 KB, 500x750
I already have a plan on how i am gradually going to leaving gaming aside. I have around 22 games that i feel i could finish, and i have a deadline if i didn't finish any of them, then it's gone for good.

Then there are "those" games, the games that I just KNOW are good, but I still didn't get a good feel of them. I need to finish these games before the "major" titles come out. got me to come to the video game forum everyday back early 20

>Final Fantasy XV
>The Last Guardian
>Persona 5

Those game are what got me coming to vidya forums back in 2009, and I will quite gaming when i have played all of them. So Feb 14, 2017 will be my last day.
>>
>>342839346

Though I usually play emulators on the side, and sometimes(rarely) another modern game.
>>
File: Blu Feel.jpg (71 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
Blu Feel.jpg
71 KB, 633x758
>>342839346
>When i was a kid i got games sparingly so i could only play what my parents will willing to get me.

>As an adult i can buy anygame i want and i overwhelm myself

ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>342839346
at about age 15 when i got into emulating and i realized there was no way i could beat all these amazing old JRPGs and such was when it happened to me. Nowadays I only play max of 3 games at a time, and each from a different genre. Right now I'm doing bravely default, gunvolt, and ace attorney. decent balance that lets me finish at least one game a month. of course its summer so...
>>
I never started
Since I was a kid, I'd never had the ability buy enough games that I would ever get bored and not finish one, and that turned into an attitude of just not buying games unless I really wanted to play them
Outside of steam sales where you get games for like $2, I'm not sure why anyone would buy a game they don't intend to finish
>>
I like mmos because theres alot to do
>>
>>342868658
same reason why i like ur mum
>>
>>342868786

>a lot to do

she must be a big girl
>>
Why in the hell would I finish a game I'm not enjoying? If I didn't finish a game then there was a reason for it. I'll not force myself through it.
>>
>>342839346
If a game is good, I hate finishing it. Good games are a rarity, and games that i truly enjoy I hate shelving, because then i don't have as much reason to come back to them to keep playing.
>>
>>342839346
The neet life doesn't allow it.
>>
>>342840226
It's what I did with MGSV.
I need to sell it.
>>
I grew out of it in my mid-teens. Up until then I often didn't beat games, even the ones I really enjoyed. I still kick myself every once in a while for not beating Chibi-Robo before the basement was flooded and my GameCube and its games were ruined.
>>
File: 1367463535542.jpg (20 KB, 271x292) Image search: [Google]
1367463535542.jpg
20 KB, 271x292
>>342839346
I like to finish my games whenever possible. I only drop them if they bullshit or stonewall me to no end.

Last game I dropped was Stranger of Sword City. It played like a butchered Operation Abyss without any of the balancing or grind assists.
>>
I have a mental block that makes me get to the last level of a game and then stop playing it. I have to force myself to finish a game.
>>
>>342839346
My problem is now that I'm an adult with money to buy shit, I've bought way too many games to play.
I feel overwhelmed, I've been making myself pick 1/2 at a time though and finish them before starting others.
>>
At what age did you fail English Composition I and II? Seriously, your post is difficult to read. Learn to English.
>>
>>342839346
At 10 when I tried to get all the endings in the first 2 Wario Land games.
Through Steam sales, I have slipped back into this habit in recent years.
I now have 200+ PC games and no time.
If only I had 200+ time and no gaems.
>>
>>342839346
But I'm still in the middle of my Long War campaign.
>>
More money than time.
I do try to beat most games I play since I don't feel like I truly enjoyed it if I don't at least hit the credits.
If you're neet or unemployed it makes sense that you'll pour more hours into games since it's not a "limitless" pool .
>>
File: Sigh.jpg (39 KB, 500x523) Image search: [Google]
Sigh.jpg
39 KB, 500x523
I shouldn't be surprised that /v/ is full of casual filth that can't even finish their games but here I am.
>>
I'm 27 and still do this, more games just keep coming and while I finish some my backlog keeps growing
The worst part is I have a bunch almost finished but don't remember all if the story so I'm lost but don't want to restart either
>>
>>342851471
Oh god this
Whatever happened to games you could just take a day off and plow through the thing.
Games don't need to be padded out by having you run the entire map twice just to tell some guy he owes someone a tenner.
>>
I almost always finish what I start unless I just get too bored with the gameplay, and that only happened with valkeria chronicles
>>
>>342839346
I have a long as backlog, but any game that grabs me I will put loads and loads of time into.
>>
>>342839346
As an experiment I put all of the games I finished on Steam in one category. I own 168 games and this is every single one I actually finished the main content of. Meaning I only finished 12.5 of my games.

I wonder what this says about me, I -play- most of my games too so it's not for a lack of trying.
>>
>>342877418
12.5%

I finished 21 out of 168.
>>
Tbh i grew into that, i dont play anything than souls game/Likes and call of duty
>>
>>342839346
RDR is a trash
>>
File: fmj-jokercu.png (470 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
fmj-jokercu.png
470 KB, 720x540
I have 6 games that I play on my ps4 pretty regularly. I would get more but I am pretty poor so I make sure to really enjoy what I purchase.
>>
I've only done this after the ps2 era.
Good games are few and far between to even complete anymore.
>>
>>342839346
I probably started working on finishing a game before really delving into another one when I got Secret of Mana on SNES

Before that I didn't really care most likely because I was playing shit like Rygar, Elevator Action, Ninja Turtles, Contra and the like and as a younger kid that shit was difficult to beat
>>
>>342851791
i like the massive landscape. i dont know how you just cant enjoy the scenery and traveling and you always have to make a game look like you gotta be doing something meaningful constantly. thats dumb and nobody acts like that except for a couple people here.
>>
>>342839346
I never did that.
>>
>>342839346
Still finished every game I've PLAYED.

What I find odd though is sometimes I buy a game and never play it.
Done it with MGV last I remember.
>>
File: 1360508961592.jpg (80 KB, 656x765) Image search: [Google]
1360508961592.jpg
80 KB, 656x765
I don't remember the last time I completed a game
>>
Grow out of doing that?
I grew into it. When I was younger I used to play and finish every game. Now I just have too many games to play with too little time.
>>
>implying I didn't grow into that habit
>>
File: 1463642777177.png (739 KB, 1407x1325) Image search: [Google]
1463642777177.png
739 KB, 1407x1325
>>342847943
First sane post on /v/ I've read in a mother fucking WHILE.
>>
>>342856871
They exist solely for their story, if they were novels you'd hardly lose anything (slightly less the case with Bioshock but definitely for Xenogears)

I prefer games that put mechanics and challenge first, not story.
>>
File: vJGZW.gif (88 KB, 350x275) Image search: [Google]
vJGZW.gif
88 KB, 350x275
Tfw you buy a game for full retail price and never play it only for it to be reduced in price later
>>
>>342839346
Yeah well I think the issue here that the majority is experiencing is because we played (and finished) many games.
So we grew bored of the new game that weren't offering new mechanics or an original story and even then, the game could feel boring after some hours in because we already knew the mechanics/story cliché etc.
It's a matter of "Even if I wasn't expecting this, I grew bored out of it after I learned how it functions"
>>
>At what age did you grow out of playing many games for a couple hours

If you aren't an underaged shit, you probably remember a time where kids didn't have easy access to the Internet and game purchases were few and far between. So you picked the one with the best cover art or one you had read about in some gaming article and played the shit out of it, regardless of whether or not it disappointed you. You would play that same game many, many times through.
>>
>>342839346
most games are too long and will just get repetitive/boring after a while. I still don't get why /v/ goest into a raging fit of autism the moment they spot a game that's shorter than 25hrs.
>>
>>342886770
This. You can easily read several decent books in the time it that most games expect you to invest in them. Fucking tragedy.
>>
Finishing a game doesn't make it better. If I'm not enjoying it or I don't care enough to finish, why would I force myself?
>>
>>342885810
If you bought it on Steam you'd be able to get a full refund.
>>
>>342877418
i have beaten about 80 of the 286 games i own
some are previous shit though, like magic 2012 that i stared late when the next year hit, so i never finished the one prior.
>>
File: Feelsgoodman.png (22 KB, 248x255) Image search: [Google]
Feelsgoodman.png
22 KB, 248x255
How does it feel?
>>
File: 1466348995132.jpg (133 KB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
1466348995132.jpg
133 KB, 500x558
I finish games but never 100% them.

I wish more games should have new game+
>>
Even if a game is great there usually comes a point where you can say "I've got all I'm gonna get out of this game."

A lot of times this happens long before the game is over.

This is kinda why I like portable games nowadays - sleep mode makes it easy to hop in and out. I just don't have the time commitment anymore where I can zonk out 5+ hours whenever I want to get through a game.
>>
>>342839346
>forcing yourself to finish games
>making entertainment a chore

Sounds like you regressed OP.
>>
>>342839346
I use to try to finish every game I played on consoles. It wasn't until I jumped ship to PC that I stopped finishing games.

Thanks, Steam, you piece of shit. Encouraging me to buy games I only have mild interest in with those ass fucking sales.
>>
I finish the ones I really enjoy. If I'm feeling 'meh' about a game within the first couple hours... It does not get finished.

Right now I'm working on stranger of sword city and am about 25 hours in and having a blast. Where as the Wticher 3 I did put 60 hours into it our of sheer want to complete the game despite how fucking bored I was the entire time.

It's all about the fun factor for me, not a sense of must 100% a game.
>>
I gave up on many games altogether and just started watching foreign movies
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.