[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STALKER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 35
File: stalker.jpg (227 KB, 500x695) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
227 KB, 500x695
I own it and finished it, and I really enjoyed it. I never played the DLC though, and I saw it was on sale. Which one is the best? And do I need to have the base game installed to play it?
>>
>>342837440
>the DLC
Are you stupid?

>And do I need to have the base game installed to play it?
Seems you are also too fucking stupid to use google.

I hate uneducated pieces of shit like you.
>>
>>342837532
You failed to contribute. Try again, and answer my questions :)
>>
>>342837440
The DLC which you are referring to are standalone expansions...you do not need the base game
>>
>>342837692
Brilliant! Which one is the best? The most expensive one?
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>342837440
>>342837667
There are no "DLC" for STALKER. Just 3 different games, two of which can be seen as "standalone expansions".

Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
theres clear sky and call of pripyat, they are sequels and stand alone games. Both add features that sorta work but both are worth playing. Play them in order. The first game is the best to mod/fuck around in though.
>>
>>342837801
But WHICH ONE should I buy? :D
>>
>>342837938
Call of Pripyat. Clear sky wasn't made by the original devs, and is considered the worst in the series
>>
>>342837938
all of them, faggot.
Or rather, pirate them all, since the old devs are long gone and won't get a single cent out of your purchases. Plus that way you'll usually get the original 1.0 release versions, which you can then patch to whatever you want, which may be necessary in case of some big mods.
>>
>>342838082
>Clear sky wasn't made by the original devs, and is considered the worst in the series
False, fuckboi.
CS was made by exactly the same team, but many of the SoC's devs just left GSC after SoC was finished.

CS guys also made CoP.
>>
>>342838082
Thank you very much!
>>342838090
I'm not pirating. I believe in supporting the developer.
>>
What's the newest and most complete mod pack for Stalker ShoC these days?
>>
>>342838149
most people involved in creations of all the games left after only a single game was done.
Only a few people only ever remained over multiple games.

Overall you can pretty much consider that each game was made by a different team
>>
>>342838151
>I believe in supporting the developer.
The GSC that made STALKER no longer exists.
>>
File: why Complete sucks ass.jpg (153 KB, 1645x383) Image search: [Google]
why Complete sucks ass.jpg
153 KB, 1645x383
>>342838151
>I'm not pirating. I believe in supporting the developer.
Then go buy Survarium. That's what the ORIGINAL developers been doing ever since they got kicked out in 2012, in the middle of developing STALKER 2.

>>342838203
do NOT use the fucking Complete mods, moron! How many fucking years have we been saying this now??

Complete mods are obsolete, buggy, and just make the games casual-tier easy.

Grab the Starter Packs instead.
>>
>>342838203
OGSE Standalone is pretty gud.
>>
>>342837796
Call of Pripyat
But buy them both, if you loved SoC you won't regret it.
>>
File: 1330992351007.png (9 KB, 203x219) Image search: [Google]
1330992351007.png
9 KB, 203x219
>People still joining the STALKER bandwagon

Good, good. May it never die.
>>
>>342838356
>some faggy copypasta that's been around longer than 95% of the people who post here now
Fuck off retard
>>
>>342837801
Oh look, it's this shitty guide again
>>
File: how to deal with bloodsuckers.webm (3 MB, 896x560) Image search: [Google]
how to deal with bloodsuckers.webm
3 MB, 896x560
>>342838456
maybe one day we will get another game
dreaming is still allowed
>>
>>342838469
>>342838518
>it's older than me, thus it's bad
fuck off, Cod fags.
>>
>>342838149
Didn't know that, now I feel silly. Thanks for the info
>>
>>342838673
I wrote many of the foundational modding tutorials for the original STALKER on the Wiki and GSC-World forums you brain dead nigger.
>>
>>342838418
>>
>>342837938
Get raped and never recover.
>>
File: 1284553664145.jpg (213 KB, 1067x830) Image search: [Google]
1284553664145.jpg
213 KB, 1067x830
>>342838673
I played SoC before any guide was made, fuck off back to your containment thread
>>
>>342838418
>OGSE Standalone
what does it add?
>>
>>342837938
Clear Sky was extremely mediocre. It fixed a lot of the screwy combat mechanics of Shadow Of Chernobyl, and had a few really good combat sequences. I thought it really killed the atmosphere of the zone in a lot of places and it was the buggiest of the series, for me. Also, it reused a lot of content from SoC. The story was really mediocre.

Call of Pripyat had the best combat of all the games, but even on master difficulty, it was really easy. The zone felt so safe to walk through, unlike SoC where you're constantly watching for bandits. The Story for CoP seemed like an excuse to fuck around in the zone. It was the fallout 3 of the STALKER series. It was almost entirely about exploration and combat, and didn't feel like its predecessors.
>>
>>342838769
Should I be impressed?
The guides and packs are still good for first timers, and almost necessary, as people don't read manuals or even use Google these days.

>>342838832
>I played SoC before any guide was made
Same here.
I just got fucking tired of re-typing the exact same shit for the millionth time. So, I made the infographs that I can just slap to people's faces, and send them off to the Zone.
>>
>>342838948
http://www.moddb.com/mods/old-good-stalker-evolution
>>
>>342837440
>>342837692

You're both wrong. They're not DLC. They're not even expansions. They're sequels.

Why is /v/ so retarded?
>>
SoC is the best one. The starter area of CS is really good and it's the only game in the series where I actually like the "hobo phase" (aka the part of the game where you're stuck with shitty leather jackets and crappy pistols and shotguns) but after that it gets really bad. CoP's problem is hardly anybody actually wants to kill you so like 90% of the game is just running around from place to place. Also the ironsights are off for certain reolutions or something.

CS and CoP also decided to nerf the artificats to the point of hardly making a difference for some reason on top of making them more rare and annoying to get.
>>
>>342838991
you too are wrong.
CS is not a sequel.

The term "standalone expansion" fits perfectly well to the games, as they do not require the original game, yet heavily use the original game's engine, assets, gameplay features, etc.

They are pretty much like HL1's Blue-Shift and Opposing Force made into their own games.
>>
Okay, friends. Based on the recommendations, I got Clear Sky. Time to give this a whirl :D
>>
>>342839169
>CS and CoP also decided to nerf the artificats to the point of hardly making a difference
This is false.
It's SoC that has THE most useless artifacts.

CS and CoP have not only much rarer artifacts, but also the strongest ones. That's why hunting them actually is worth the trouble, as they make a huge difference. Not to mention they're also the best source of income in CS.

As much as I prefer SoC over the others, it's freefloating magical gems of minimal effect was its weakest point.
>>
>>342839402
bad b8 is bad, boi.
>>
>>342839169
>after that it gets really bad
I thought the town you go into after red forest and the blown out hospital were a lot of fun. They fit the atmosphere pretty well and it was fun to have a huge shootout.

>Also the ironsights are off for certain reolutions or something
I refused to use the AR-15 for that whole game because the sights were misaligned for me. Fucking OCD.

>CS and CoP also decided to nerf the artificats
This actually pissed me off, more than anything else. Why the fuck can't the best armor in the game hold artifacts?
>>
>>342839251
>They are pretty much like HL1's Blue-Shift and Opposing Force made into their own games
Blue-shift and OpFor didn't reuse many levels from HL1, as far as I remember. CS is largely made up of levels from SoC.
>>
>>342839416
SoC artifacts can easily make you immune to certain kinds of damage, let you run indefinitely even while overburdened, make radiation practically a non-issue, ect, and you could usually pull off multiple of these at once with the best artifacts. CS and CoP artifacts barely do anything outside of the very best artifacts, which usually need multiple anti-rad artifacts to counteract their radiation and since your capacity for actually holding the damn things is greatly limited compared to SoC (except for certain piss-weak non combat armors which will need expensive upgrades to even get to the point of being able to hold more than a couple artifacts) you end up being marginally better at like one thing instead of being an artifact god.
>>
>>342839627
>Why the fuck can't the best armor in the game hold artifacts?
Freedom's Exoskeleton?
It certainly can.

And I repeat: the CS and CoP's artifacts are notably stronger than those in SoC.

>>342840096
>SoC artifacts can easily make you immune to certain kinds of damage, let you run indefinitely even while overburdened, make radiation practically a non-issue, ect
CS and CoP's artifacts can do exactly that, and much easier.

It's just amazing to carry 120+ kilograms and run all day, erry day, and not give a fuck about radiation, heat, etc. And don't get me started with the HP restoring and wound-healing artifacts, that literally BTFO of all the SoC's counterparts.

Not to mention CS and CoP also incorporate the element of suit-upgrades, that can compensate and/or enhance the healing and resistance stats.
>>
What the fuck usually STALKER threads are great
>>
I cant even go underground without having a buzz on anymore, fuckin panic attack inducing game.

First time I ran into a poltergeist I straight noped and quit. I didn't even get hit
>>
>>342840341
I forget what the name was, but the best armor wasn't an exoskeleton. The exoskeleton killed stamina so fast, it made the game painful to play, since CoP required so much running. It's been a long time since I played CoP, but that's the issue that I remember having with the exoskeleton.
>>
>>342839169
A caveat to this though is that you should mod in the ability to get armor and weapons repaired into SoC. Vanilla purists will sperg out, but it really was a major oversight considering all the unique armor and weapons in that game.
>>
>€4 for clear sky
Worth it?
Had a blast with SoC and CoP.
>>
>>342840518
Just wait until you get some mods.
>>
>>342840894
Sure.
It actually needs at least the unofficial patch, though. Don't attempt it without that.
>>
where are the controller edits?
>>
>>342840894
Yes.

>>342840965
Eh, I've beaten CS with only official patches around 3 times now. The only thing that really annoys me is the faction war system. Everything else was more or less fixed with official patches.
>>
File: fpfp.jpg (557 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fpfp.jpg
557 KB, 1920x1080
This game looks disgusting and there's no controller support? Not liking this.
>>
>>342840572
>The exoskeleton killed stamina so fast, it made the game painful to play, since CoP required so much running.
someone didn't upgrade his exo for running and use those superb anti-gravity artifacts.

Like said, it was fucking hilarious to sprint around as a literal walking battletank, carrying 120kg of shit in your pockets.

If you consider anything by Dooty to be the "best" anything, then you got problems.
>>
>>342841910
>using controller
>in PC fps
>being a graphics whore
>crosshair on
Also you just did not start playing the trilogy with CoP, the last game in the series, did you?
>>
>>342842189
I heard it was better. And controller feels more natural. Sorry, the game doesn't look good at all. Very washed out and bland.
>>
STOP GETTING BAITED WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! THIS IS A TROLL THREAD! STOP REPLYING! WHAT!
>>
>>342841910
Good baito.
>>
>>342842309
>I heard it was better.
You heard wrong.
and did not even bother reading the thread.
And no, you could not even DO all the things this game requires you to do with a gamepad.

Also, it's a well known fact that CoP is also the ugliest game of the trio, and during the first day, the game's weather / lighting does not properly "kick in".

tl;dr: Get SoC, read >>342837801, do it right.
>>
Wanna play some modded SoC but I remember it being kinda a pain.
>>
>>342842071
I did upgrade my exo for sprinting, but the other suit let me run almost indefinitely, with upgrades.
>>
File: AMK Mod Guide 3.1.jpg (635 KB, 1200x1816) Image search: [Google]
AMK Mod Guide 3.1.jpg
635 KB, 1200x1816
>>342842532
even vanilla SoC is far from plain.

Try the AMK1.4. Still my favorite mod.

>>342842556
so did my Freedom's running Exo, with artifacts.
>>
File: SCS_Freedom.png (136 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
SCS_Freedom.png
136 KB, 250x250
who Freedom here?
>>
>>342842840
my bro nigga!

Flecktarn > black nazi leather.
>>
>>342842840
I thought both the factions were dumb, personally. Freedom seems really disorganized, like they don't know how to run a military, and duty have stupid ideals.
>>
>>342843065
>Freedom seems really disorganized, like they don't know how to run a military,
that's because they're not military, and don't try to be. They're a clan.
>>
>>342842715
Fuck, I've always wanted to play AMK, but I've never had the version of SoC I needed on Steam. I could pirate it and patch it to the right version, but I dunno, is it really good? It always seemed pretty nice. I just want to play without the enemies being bullet sponges if you don't get headshots. Getting headshots isn't a problem, it's just dumb when some of the human enemies can take so many rifle shots to the chest. Horrible memories of that in vanilla. The mutants are fine being tanky, I loved unloading my shotgun into Bloodsuckers

>finding the grenade launcher in that abandoned village near the Freedom base
>kill the bloodsucker or 2 roaming around there with it
>pretty cool weapon to find, but never use it because the ammo is pretty rare
>>
>>342842840
Their base is nice.
Why are Duty such poorfags and only have some shitty tiny basement?
>>
File: 16869077.jpg (338 KB, 571x800) Image search: [Google]
16869077.jpg
338 KB, 571x800
>>342837532
>>342837801
Technically speaking, there were DLCs, even the devs have said that in interviews.
It's just that the DLCs were multiplayer maps.
>>
>>342843175
They're fighting against a group that organizes themself like a military, so knowing how to run a military is going to be fairly important.
>>
>>342843065
I sided with Duty the first time I played when I was a lot younger, but now I see that chilling with your Freedom bros would be pretty comforting. Being surrounding by the hostility of the Zone, it'd be reassuring to have somewhat of a family to stick together with.

>>342842840
yes
>>
File: DancingSolaire.gif (1 MB, 269x394) Image search: [Google]
DancingSolaire.gif
1 MB, 269x394
>>342838456
I just bought the collection. Getting pretty hyped for it to install, boys.
>>
>>342838082
>considered the worst in the series
aw really? I enjoyed the shit out of CS. I hate that I couldn't mod it as well as CoP or SoC, or maybe I fucked up somewhere.

I just liked it for the fact that it was more open and expansive than SoC, and that it also had stellar gunplay and music. Joinable factions were neat too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aapU0w2eMyk
>>
>>342843414
>is it really good?
I adore it.
I already enjoyed vanilla, played it twice.
Oblivion Lost, a well known blatant AMK ripoff with tons of shitty "for the lulz" shit poured on top, was my first major mod I used back in 08, and I quite enjoyed it, especially when I did some manual cuts of my own.

Only a bit later did I give the AMK1.4 a shot, and boy, it was exactly what I ever wanted from OL, without any of its bullshit!
Yeah, it's harsh. No, it does not have any visual enhancements. More like, it's more close to what SoC could've been like, before the major cuts.

As a side note, I personally never considered STALKER's enemies bullet sponges, but AMK definitely "fixes" that thing even more. Don't be surprised if you keep dying over and over again.
Also, since AMK makes shotguns into "sidearms", carrying a super beefy dual-barrel as backup is just insanely effective and fun.
>>
File: bioshock.jpg (760 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bioshock.jpg
760 KB, 1920x1080
>>342842530
Screw it. I might try it one of these days, but it just gave the worst first impression. Replaying pic related.
>>
>tfw finished SOC 3 time vanilla and 7 times with different mods
>CS modded once
>CoP 2 times vanilla and 4 times modded

Now playing the fuck of Coc+weaponsoup+warfare ironman(permadeath) mode
>>
>>342843962
Ah yes, Oblivion Lost was what I first tried out when I didn't know any better. It used to be pretty popular, so I thought it would maybe be a good one to start a modded playthrough. Graphical improvements don't interest me anyway. My PC is only decent and I have no need. I do like the idea of everything being more lethal, to everyone.

I was trying to decide between playing Doom or Mount and Blade, but I think I'll give AMK a shot if it's what you say it is. Thank you!
>>
>>342842840
DUDE WEED CУКA
>>
>>342843990
>but it just gave the worst first impression.
Can you elaborate?

The beauty of AMK is the way it "unleashes" the A-Life, allowing all NPCs and mutants to truly freeroam and interact within the world, in real time. This can result some very unpredictable situations.

I'm also a fan of the Blowouts and shifting anomalies. The way the anomalies are now also invisible really adds that Roadside picnic feel to it, and makes you double think about taking the straightest route without checking.

>>342844368
Np, bro!

I personally use the Starter Pack's graphical mods (AbsNature, SWO2.22, Shaders Max) with AMK, making it also look nice.
>>
>>342844835
Doesn't look nice. >>342841910
>>
>>342838656
Holy fucking shit, what is this from? This looks amazing. Please tell me this is taken from a longer fan movie and not just one clip...
>>
File: xrEngine 2014-01-09 23-41-43-57.jpg (3 MB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
xrEngine 2014-01-09 23-41-43-57.jpg
3 MB, 2880x1620
>>342844930
>what are mods
>>
>>342845214
Yeah, but I judge games and their creators on how they ship it. And this isn't doing them any favors.
>>
>>342840572
SEVA Suit is the one your thinking about.
>>
>>342845312
Severe case of autism.
>>
>>342845442
Nah, just being fair.
>>
>>342843990
one of the biggest wasted potentials in gaming history.
>>
>>342843414
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T7MCKJxTa4 AMK in a nutshell. And yeah, it's great.
>>
>>342845336
apparently I was thinking of the bulat suit. Apparently it had two artifact containers, but that means I can only have one useful artifact. That's pretty shit.
>>
>>342845620
Ah yeah, it's a great suit but I've always preferred the SEVA for some reason.
>>
File: infinite.jpg (41 KB, 419x208) Image search: [Google]
infinite.jpg
41 KB, 419x208
>>342845573
The fuck?
>>
>>342845784
If you compare the final game with the E3 demos and the initial vision of the game, it is the biggest let down ever.

It went from being actually innovative and smart to pretentious and on-rails.
>>
>>342845717
I didn't like the look of the SEVA suit. Doesn't look military enough for me.

>>342845784
The story was hamfisted and the combat was bullet spongy crap. Fallout 3 also got high ratings.
>>
>>342846089
>Doesn't look military enough for me.
Duty scum.
>>
File: cop beginning 1.jpg (57 KB, 1000x625) Image search: [Google]
cop beginning 1.jpg
57 KB, 1000x625
>>342844930
STALKER ain't played for its graphics, but for their gameplay and atmosphere. CoP's the fugliest of the trilogy, but it can look very nice at times. Especially the lighting effects are superb in the series.

but like said, start with SoC, and play in release order. Use the Starter Pack mods to fix up the few remaining issues + to improve visuals AND performance, especially in case of CS and CoP.
>>
I'm not a big fan of blurring the distance, but I understand it's to help hide textures and popins you normally wouldn't see. I also like to think it's fucking hot as balls and it's refraction.
>>
>>342846138
Freedom's armor looked more military to me. Duty looks like they're the bad guys in a sci-fi movie.
>>
>>342845784
BS: Infinite is one of THE most overhyped and -rated crap released this decade. Normies only love it for the Disney princes companion.

The whole game was butchered by design, and the game's biggest flaw is trying to be similar FPS game as the previous two, while the plot and setting don't support any of it.
>>
>>342846378

Here's some experimentation with lighting mods.
>>
>>342845784
>(((metacritic)))
jaj
>>
>>342846484
Did strelok become bioluminescent?
>>
File: controller suicide.webm (3 MB, 896x504) Image search: [Google]
controller suicide.webm
3 MB, 896x504
>mfw Gunslinger release never ever
>>
I played CoP first, tried to play SoC and hated it. So I'd say just go try Call of Pripyat.
>>
File: release-image.jpg (430 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
release-image.jpg
430 KB, 1024x768
>>342845573
ahem
>>
>>342846602

No, I forgot what was going on, I think I was near an artifact at the time, I took those two screenshots some time ago

But, why not? Stalker has had crazier shit.
>>
>>342846761
>So I'd say just go try Call of Pripyat.
I'd say go fuck yourself.
>>
>>342846761
SoC is the best game in the series brother.
>>
File: seizure.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
seizure.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>342841910
>Stalker
>controller
>starting with the 3rd game in the series

I've never seen such blasphemy before.
>>
What mod do I install for Clear Sky to be playable? And "playable" means removing retarded AI.
>>
>>342843990
>$2 hot dogs
>In the 1920s

Who the fuck was rich enough to pay for a $2 hot dog back then?
>>
>buy
>>
File: 45756745.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
45756745.jpg
249 KB, 1920x1080
>Stalker
>ugly
It looks pretty good for a 7 year old game and Atmosfear plus some texture packs fix everything.
>>
>>342847419
they're living in cloud city bioshock edition anon i'm sure they can manage
>>
>>342847419
It costs a lot to keep a city afloat, man.
>>
Why is the Steam version of SoC so fucking irritating to mod compared to the Gog one?
>>
>>342848159
>steam version uses patches (for the dead MP nobody even knows about but still affects SP filestructure) which russian version of the game never got
>most if not all mods are based on russian version
>>
>>342846761
I played CoP first, kind of loved it but then I played SoC and since then I'm at around 2000 hours in the STALKER games, mostly SoC.
>>
>>342838656
>>342838456
The funny thing is that the mechanics behind the STALKER series are actually really simple to make. The gun mechanics could probably take a week to perfect, the "RPG" is just a bunch of stats that gets upgraded by items so it's just a bunch of floats that would be needed to change. The inventory is just a basic inventory system. The AI is competent but nothing more then just basic AI stuff. When you break the STALKER mechanics down there is nothing mind blowing about them.

But what would be hard to recreate is the feel and the atmosphere of the series, that's something that you just don't recreate like that.
>>
>>342848159
>>342848445
You can still downgrade the steam version from 1.006 to 1.004
>>
>>342848767
>just basic AI stuff.
STALKER's individual AI is nothing outstanding, but it shines when everything interacts together
>>
>>342848989
Yes, just like how people praise FEAR's AI when it's just a basic AI but it really shines due to the level design and the fake communication they do.
>>
File: 1457069651947.png (717 KB, 601x705) Image search: [Google]
1457069651947.png
717 KB, 601x705
>>342846643

Gunslinger when?

>never
>>
>>342849150
In FEAR's case, the AI makes a very good use of the map layout and reacts to the player accordingly.

Other games' AI might be more complex, but still fail to behave like one would expect.
>>
Out of curiosity, if a one person team would attempt to make a STALKER game. Would the community be welcoming of it? Would the community help, where help would be needed or would they think "hey hes in it for the money"?
>>
>>342850207
>Florida
>>
>>342851301
I've followed the development of couple one-person projects. Most of them have ended up being these small eternity projects, but usually did come out eventually.

The community was very interested and supportive in those cases. If anything, it was usually the author himself being too much of a perfectionist and control-freak, that held the project back in the end.
>>
>>342851301
I suppose that as long as that one person doesn't promote it directly as STALKER 2.0 people might be more welcoming
>>
>>342851552
I see, got any links to any of those projects? Might be interesting to see what the community wanted and how the projects ended up. Sounds good, I'm not much of a perfectionist but I'm kinda a control-freak.

>>342851646
Don't worry I would never dream of tarnishing the name of the STALKER series or attempt to piggy back of their success.
>>
Does anyone have any opinions on freeplay or faction mods? They sounded pretty faulty a few years ago, I want to play these games again but without being tied to the story, just explore and run errands or kill bandits and if I recall correctly, in CoP the streets of Pripyat were barren after a few missions
>>
>>342846771
this sucked so much unfortunately, has anyone done anything useful with it?
>>
>>342852158
>I see, got any links to any of those projects?
Look up the Out Of Hell -mod for UT2k4.
It started as Unreal mod, then evolved into UT2k3 and finally 2k4 mod. It was originally meant to come out before 2005, but I think it finally arrived 09 or 10.

There was some sacrifices made, but the game was still very atmospheric, and was so brilliant CV addition for the author, that he got a job in some studio soon after.
>>
>>342845534
i genuinely bet you turned the game to its absolute lowest for the graphics.

holy shit please be bait.
>>
>>342852282
>in CoP the streets of Pripyat were barren after a few missions

during the main game, yeah. but depending on how you complete the one shot mission, if you kill the scientist leader but not the merc, during freeplay more and better equipped mercs start patrolling pripyat. how you complete another mission also has stalkers start populating pripyat

i used to have one save to have the best ending i could, and one to set up a populated freeplay.
>>
>>342852282
Play CoC, slap on some mods.
>>
>>342852982
Thanks anon, think the /vg/ thread would allow me to talk about it there and ask questions regarding the lore and atmosphere?
>>
>>342853376
Fuck I never knew that, guess I blew it

>>342853509
If you mean Call of Chernobyl, thanks, interesting premise, but I feel I should be cautious about it, then again I lost my saves so I have nothing to lose anyway
>>
The faction wars in Clear Sky seem a little overwhelming at first, but you get used to it.

You can beat the game without even choosing a side and just remain on good terms with the factions. (Monolith being the exception.)

Either way, CS is short, thus lower price.
>>
>>342854296
How does that mod handle Limansk?
Is it still that linear piece of trash shooting gallery?
>>
File: xrEngine_2016_01_30_13_46_46_510.jpg (551 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
xrEngine_2016_01_30_13_46_46_510.jpg
551 KB, 1920x1080
>>342854672
Only mod I used there was SRP and I had very little problems.
>>
File: 1461012376564.jpg (106 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1461012376564.jpg
106 KB, 540x540
>>342837440
>STALKER
>DLC
>>
>>342840409
Look at the OP and the subsequent posts probably mad by OP. Thread was doomed from the start :D:D
>>
>>342843990
I feel like you're trying too hard and it's not working out
>>
>>342845784
why do you people keep replying
>>
>>342853712
Dunno about that. It's a bit less known mod, after all. Might give it a shot tho'.
>>
>>342858040
Oh not the mod, but the STALKER series in general and my project.
>>
>>342843498
They tell you they get their shit together when fights start, and based on the fact that Duty isn't absolutely destroying them, I'd say they are doing fine.
>>
>>342850207
America when?
>never
>>
>>342858161
Ah... Well, I guess. Maybe?
Some people are quite strict about the topic, though.
>>
>>342858337
Ah, well I'll guess I'll try to talk about it in future STALKER threads then.
>>
>>342841910
Install absolute nature and atmosfear

>controller
>>
File: 1411491026385.png (117 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
1411491026385.png
117 KB, 320x371
>>342846378
>that weapon model
>that wrist
>>
File: 1465023778782.jpg (100 KB, 632x493) Image search: [Google]
1465023778782.jpg
100 KB, 632x493
Monolith did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1451147582864.webm (3 MB, 550x340) Image search: [Google]
1451147582864.webm
3 MB, 550x340
>>342846643
;___;
>>
File: 1461543453217.png (384 KB, 877x1240) Image search: [Google]
1461543453217.png
384 KB, 877x1240
>>342860258
>Monolith

I'm actually playing SoC right now for the first time and I just got to the Red Forest.
Is this the difficulty spike of the game? Because this is kind of hard.
>>
>>342860351
Why not just use a pen or something to move the pointer instead of using a joystick.
>>
>>342861665

That is where it gets hard.
>>
File: 1464730943241.gif (20 KB, 366x448) Image search: [Google]
1464730943241.gif
20 KB, 366x448
>>342861665
Maybe
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.